• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's a textbook example of liberal bias from NBC's Today show

No question, it's all about the money. That's hardly a revelation.

Soft balls to Trump?

Hillary's MSM partners, which includes NBC and all it's related derivatives, have lied, deceived, and corrupted the nature of journalism via it's effort to destroy Trump.

This occurred from his first press conference announcing his intent to run for President to the present. No question he received more coverage than any other candidate, but it was negative coverage.

What has perplexed Hillary's MSM partners is rather than buy the BS load they were pushing, voters began to see how biased and politically motivated the coverage has been, and they have pushed back.

As proof, consider how the public views the media today. They see the media in collusion with Hillary. They see soft balls being thrown her way. They see proof journalists are feeding questions to Hillary, so she can prepare answers.

You're correct, it's a business. And voters have seen just how filthy a business it is.

Dude.

You're saying everybody should be like Fox. If you're not saying that, you aren't making any sense at all.

First, I actually watch the show. He got tons of positive coverage.

Trump is to blame for Trump. The reason moderate Republicans left the building is not because of the 'media'.

Frankly, Trump has had it insanely easy. There are a lot of academics tearing their hair out at the failure to do due diligence by not reporting all of Trumps dirt.
Even MSNBC is holding back on some of it.

If they did that, ratings go down, they love a close horse race.

Money.

Dude.

You're saying everybody should be like Fox. If you're not saying that, you aren't making any sense at all.

First, I actually watch the show. He got tons of positive coverage.

Trump is to blame for Trump. The reason moderate Republicans left the building is not because of the 'media'.

Frankly, Trump has had it insanely easy. There are a lot of academics tearing their hair out at the failure to do due diligence by not reporting all of Trumps dirt.
Even MSNBC is holding back on some of it.

If they did that, ratings go down, they love a close horse race.

Money.

Dude, when did I mention Fox? Truly, the left needs to invent a new meme. The Fox Meme is a rusted out relic.

NBC fired Trump after inventing lies about Trumps comments on illegal aliens during his announcement to run for President.

NBC dumps Donald Trump - Business Insider

Analysis of news coverage on the Today Show, and other NBC News programs, shows a wildly disproportionate negative bias against Trump.

Not report all his dirt? They have been inventing it in order to pile on.

I don't know what you've been watching but it apparently isn't the Today Show, or any other NBC news programing.

Dude, when did I mention Fox? Truly, the left needs to invent a new meme. The Fox Meme is a rusted out relic.

NBC fired Trump after inventing lies about Trumps comments on illegal aliens during his announcement to run for President.

NBC dumps Donald Trump - Business Insider

Analysis of news coverage on the Today Show, and other NBC News programs, shows a wildly disproportionate negative bias against Trump.

Not report all his dirt? They have been inventing it in order to pile on.

I don't know what you've been watching but it apparently isn't the Today Show, or any other NBC news programing.

Inventing lies? The whole country watched him rant about Mexican rapists.

I'd like to see that study of negative bias. Got a link?

Inventing dirt? Prove it.

read some David Cay Johnston..

Why would I read the writings of a liberal who thinks himself a "journalist"? He is part of the modern day crowd who have perhaps irreversibly tainted the profession.

But to the point regarding the MSM, yes, inventing lies. Trump never called Mexican Immigrants rapists, etc. Not once. He talked about Illegal Aliens freely crossing the border with Mexico's blessing. He accurately portrayed they included rapists, drug dealers, etc.. These facts, along with the transcript of his announcement speech prove this to be true. How did the MSM report it?

NBC Fires Donald Trump For Calling Mexican Immigrants ?Rapists? | Colorlines

As to proof, start with the well documented breakdown in the OP.

As to inventing dirt, consider the Khan family BS Hillary's MSM partners invented. Read the transcripts of his comments when asked about the Khans during his interview with Stephanopoulos. He complimented Mr. Khan, and said nothing wrong against him, or his wife. The media twisted his comment about his wife not speaking into some kind of insult against her, and their religion. Total corrupt fraud.

In the end, it doesn't matter a bit what you think, and I don't think for a moment any words I could offer would change your personal take or opinion.

What is important is to call out the lies, deceit, collusion, and corruption that has been documented in Hillary's MSM partners this election cycle. NBC News is part of that circle involved in the effort.

There is a reason the general pubic views the media with the high level of contempt it currently deserves.

This was the report NBC's Today Show did this morning, on Comey's letter to congress about the FBI reopening the Clinton email case.

Take notice of who they interviewed and who they quoted about it.

Here's the breakdown:
(keep in mind, this story centers around the possible criminal actions of Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump)

NBC correspondent Peter Alexander description of democrat and republican reaction to the news:
Clinton camp "Directors movement as wrong and over-blown"
Donald Trump "Hyping the news"

1:31 - Total time presenting pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0:21 - Total time presenting pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

0:21 - Time spent showing Hillary's reaction to the news
0:04 - Time spent showing Trump's reaction to the news

4 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

3 - Screen captions anti-Comey
0 - Screen captions pro-Comey

1 - Screen captions anti-Trump
0 - Screen captions anti-Hillary

The most glaring thing that stood out to me, wasn't the fact that they interviewed Clinton's campaign manager, but not Trump's, or that they didn't even offer a direct quote from Trump on Comey's actions, but quoted Hillary...

What stood out to me, was the fact that NBC dedicated nearly half a minute to the letter Harry Reid sent to the FBI, not only highlighting his accusation of Comey possibly "Violating the Hatch Act", but reporting the completely unrelated and baseless accusation that Comey and the FBI are sitting on "Explosive information" about "ties between Trump, his advisors and the Russian government", showing a picture of Trump with the Russian flag superimposed in the background.

View attachment 67209352

This is a textbook example of liberal bias in the mainstream news media.

It's despicable, disgraceful and a disservice to the American public.

Where is it written that television infotainment programs are supposed to unbiased? Is there an FCC ruling?

Exactly!

So why did NBC talk about Reid's allegations about Trump being tied to the Russians and depict him with a Russian flag superimposed in the background, when it was a story about Clinton's emails?

No, I expected them to give time to how both sides felt, and to present both the positive and negative sides of Comey's decision. That report only interviewed those opposed to what Comey did and supported the Clinton campaign's narrative.

That's not reporting the news, that's one sided propaganda.

Watch how Special Report covered the story and learn what balance and covering both sides means.

So where is this magical fair and balanced news source that does not add their own special spin to the stories they "report" on?

Oh, and what the heck are you doing watching NBC, good grief they do not do the news, even Libs do not use them as a viable source of news.

Yes, and observant viewers watched the MSM spin those comments into something far more negative than it was. The MSM would like you to believe that Donald Trump is proposing to put illegal immigrants into ovens and will bring back Zyklon B-Gas chambers will be widely used to as a Final Solution to "undesirables". The MSM hyperbole has been transcended tabloid journalism and has been Pravda level propogandists.

1) Why would I read the writings of a liberal who thinks himself a "journalist"? He is part of the modern day crowd who have perhaps irreversibly tainted the profession.

2) But to the point regarding the MSM, yes, inventing lies. Trump never called Mexican Immigrants rapists, etc. Not once. He talked about Illegal Aliens freely crossing the border with Mexico's blessing. He accurately portrayed they included rapists, drug dealers, etc.. These facts, along with the transcript of his announcement speech prove this to be true. How did the MSM report it?

3)As to proof, start with the well documented breakdown in the OP.

4) As to inventing dirt, consider the Khan family BS Hillary's MSM partners invented. Read the transcripts of his comments when asked about the Khans during his interview with Stephanopoulos. He complimented Mr. Khan, and said nothing wrong against him, or his wife. The media twisted his comment about his wife not speaking into some kind of insult against her, and their religion. Total corrupt fraud.

5) In the end, it doesn't matter a bit what you think, and I don't think for a moment any words I could offer would change your personal take or opinion.

6) What is important is to call out the lies, deceit, collusion, and corruption that has been documented in Hillary's MSM partners this election cycle. NBC News is part of that circle involved in the effort.

7) There is a reason the general pubic views the media with the high level of contempt it currently deserves.

1) He won the Pulitzer Prize, and teaches at a couple colleges.

2) "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...xt-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/

3) That's not proof. It's an example.

4) You are cherry picking a single moment out of a series of comments back and forth. The controversy started before that, and was about things Trump had said.

5) Uh huh.

6) It's a free country, you can get anything wrong you want to.

7) Then don't watch, stick with Fox until Trump gets his new media enterprise going.

1) He won the Pulitzer Prize, and teaches at a couple colleges.

2) "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...xt-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/

3) That's not proof. It's an example.

4) You are cherry picking a single moment out of a series of comments back and forth. The controversy started before that, and was about things Trump had said.

5) Uh huh.

6) It's a free country, you can get anything wrong you want to.

7) Then don't watch, stick with Fox until Trump gets his new media enterprise going.

So what, he won a Pulitzer. That doesn't change his liberal bona fides. Look at his CV.

Please identify where Donald Trump stated Mexican Immigrants were rapists, etc. I've read and posted the transcripts from his announcement speech dozens of times.

Rather than waste any more time, I'll just nod towards the crusty meme you've proffered in #7, and move on.

So what, he won a Pulitzer. That doesn't change his liberal bona fides. Look at his CV.

Please identify where Donald Trump stated Mexican Immigrants were rapists, etc. I've read and posted the transcripts from his announcement speech dozens of times.

Rather than waste any more time, I'll just nod towards the crusty meme you've proffered in #7, and move on.

I just now quoted it! "They're rapists."

Well, I guess that tells me where the problem is.

Yes, I don't want to talk about The Today Show, which is why I talked about them in the next 2 sentences.

You talked about them to absolve them of any ethics regarding bias by saying they aren't a hard news show. ANY news show should have some measure of ethics and integrity.

This was the report NBC's Today Show did this morning, on Comey's letter to congress about the FBI reopening the Clinton email case.

Take notice of who they interviewed and who they quoted about it.

Here's the breakdown:
(keep in mind, this story centers around the possible criminal actions of Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump)

NBC correspondent Peter Alexander description of democrat and republican reaction to the news:
Clinton camp "Directors movement as wrong and over-blown"
Donald Trump "Hyping the news"

1:31 - Total time presenting pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0:21 - Total time presenting pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

0:21 - Time spent showing Hillary's reaction to the news
0:04 - Time spent showing Trump's reaction to the news

4 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

3 - Screen captions anti-Comey
0 - Screen captions pro-Comey

1 - Screen captions anti-Trump
0 - Screen captions anti-Hillary

The most glaring thing that stood out to me, wasn't the fact that they interviewed Clinton's campaign manager, but not Trump's, or that they didn't even offer a direct quote from Trump on Comey's actions, but quoted Hillary...

What stood out to me, was the fact that NBC dedicated nearly half a minute to the letter Harry Reid sent to the FBI, not only highlighting his accusation of Comey possibly "Violating the Hatch Act", but reporting the completely unrelated and baseless accusation that Comey and the FBI are sitting on "Explosive information" about "ties between Trump, his advisors and the Russian government", showing a picture of Trump with the Russian flag superimposed in the background.

View attachment 67209352

This is a textbook example of liberal bias in the mainstream news media.

It's despicable, disgraceful and a disservice to the American public.

Good post Grim.

And this is just one source from the MSM. Anybody watching with a practiced eye will see this phenomenon repeated again and again whether a TV 'magazine' type show like "The Today Show" or late night variety entertainment or hard news. The time devoted to negative coverage about Trump compared to negative coverage of Hillary is about 4 or 5 minutes for Trump to every 1 for Hillary. The MSM devoted massive coverage to the Olympic swimmers scandal while barely mentioning Hillary stating that she gives one policy statement to us while a very different one to the people who give her big bucks. The grieving parents at the Democratic convention got massive coverage and comment while the grieving mothers at the Republican convention got essentially none.

I can go on and on.

It isn't just bias. It is absolutely negligence of their duty as the Fourth Estate. And they should not even be allowed to describe themselves as journalists or people of integrity and they deserve nobody's respect.

I just now quoted it! "They're rapists."

Well, I guess that tells me where the problem is.

Trump NEVER said Mexican Immigrants are rapists. Not once.

Claiming he did is a total lie. It's a complete fabrication and a purposeful effort to mislead the public and invent something that never happened.

Donald Trump was speaking, in context, about illegal aliens, not Mexican Immigrants.

It is a fact, the Mexican Government encourages illegal immigration, and within that group of people it does nothing to stop, there are rapists, drug dealers and all kinds of violent dangerous people.

That is a indisputable fact, and is exactly what Donald Trump was referring to.

The Progressive Machine, along with Hillary's MSM partners, can lie all it wants, it can blow dog whistles, twist context, and like you, insert reference and words that don't exist.

That will never change the truth.

Again, this is why 10's of millions of people have come to learn the MSM is fraudulent, corrupt, in collusion with a specific ideological effort, and deserves no respect, nor trust.

Claiming he did is a total lie. It's a complete fabrication and a purposeful effort to mislead the public and invent something that never happened.

Donald Trump was speaking, in context, about illegal aliens, not Mexican Immigrants.

It is a fact, the Mexican Government encourages illegal immigration, and within that group of people it does nothing to stop, there are rapists, drug dealers and all kinds of violent dangerous people.

The Progressive Machine, along with Hillary's MSM partners, can lie all it wants, it can blow dog whistles, twist context, and like you, insert reference and words that don't exist.

Again, this is why 10's of millions of people have come to learn the MSM is fraudulent, corrupt, in collusion with a specific ideological effort, and deserves no respect, nor trust.

Alt-Universe.

Alt-Universe.

Well, I've wondered where Progressives reside. I guess you've confirmed it.

The lies will always be exposed. Just ask Bill and Hillary and the people she dragged into her circle.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

–Real estate mogul Donald Trump, presidential announcement speech, June 16, 2015

If he didn't mean to say they were rapists, then he shouldn't have said "They're rapists."

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

–Real estate mogul Donald Trump, presidential announcement speech, June 16, 2015

If he didn't mean to say they were rapists, then he shouldn't have said "They're rapists."

Trump always says what he means...until he doesn't.

You talked about them to absolve them of any ethics regarding bias by saying they aren't a hard news show. ANY news show should have some measure of ethics and integrity.

So then don't get your news from them.

I guess by your logic "Fox News" needs to change its name, since Hannity has no ethics and integrity, and "News" is a misnomer. And Breitbart News shouldn't call themselves "Breitbart News", since they have no integrity and ethics.

So then don't get your news from them.

I guess by your logic "Fox News" needs to change its name, since Hannity has no ethics and integrity, and "News" is a misnomer. And Breitbart News shouldn't call themselves "Breitbart News", since they have no integrity and ethics.

Still playing the other guy does it too? Didn't I already tell you that wasn't a convincing tactic? So once again, you are attempting to deflect away from the subject. The subject is The Today Show, now focus, they are a news show, should they or shouldn't they have ethics regarding bias?

He wasn't talking about legal Mexican immigrants that come into the country, he was talking about the illegal Mexican immigrants who sneak across the border... that was the point of his post.

I know you dislike Trump, but geez.

That is not the whole context. You darn well know that.

You should try to peddle your bias to someone who thinks it's worth viewing.

Last edited:
He wasn't talking about legal Mexican immigrants that come into the country, he was talking about the illegal Mexican immigrants who sneak across the border... that was the point of his post.

I know you dislike Trump, but geez.

I know you adore Trump, but geez. Just pretend he didn't say what he said.

He said it. I'm not a partisan liar. I won't deny that he said it. Maybe the person who wants to be POTUS needs to carefully guard his words. Sometimes he says really ignorant things.

I'll bet you wagged your finger at the people on the right who belched and moaned and carried on when Obama said anything that didn't sound good, and explained to them what Obama meant. Am I right?

That is not the whole context. You darn well know that.

You should try to peddle your bias to someone who thinks it's worth viewing.

You obvious think it was worth viewing. You read it, cried, and then responded to it.

Still playing the other guy does it too? Didn't I already tell you that wasn't a convincing tactic? So once again, you are attempting to deflect away from the subject. The subject is The Today Show, now focus, they are a news show, should they or shouldn't they have ethics regarding bias?

Next time it will be easier for you to just type "I hate it when you point out my hypocrisy, so I'll just pretend you didn't." It's quicker and your post sounds less stupid and pedantic.

Back
Top Bottom