• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's a textbook example of liberal bias from NBC's Today show

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This was the report NBC's Today Show did this morning, on Comey's letter to congress about the FBI reopening the Clinton email case.

Take notice of who they interviewed and who they quoted about it.

Here's the breakdown:
(keep in mind, this story centers around the possible criminal actions of Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump)

NBC correspondent Peter Alexander description of democrat and republican reaction to the news:
Clinton camp "Directors movement as wrong and over-blown"
Donald Trump "Hyping the news"

1:31 - Total time presenting pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0:21 - Total time presenting pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

0:21 - Time spent showing Hillary's reaction to the news
0:04 - Time spent showing Trump's reaction to the news

4 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

3 - Screen captions anti-Comey
0 - Screen captions pro-Comey

1 - Screen captions anti-Trump
0 - Screen captions anti-Hillary

The most glaring thing that stood out to me, wasn't the fact that they interviewed Clinton's campaign manager, but not Trump's, or that they didn't even offer a direct quote from Trump on Comey's actions, but quoted Hillary...

What stood out to me, was the fact that NBC dedicated nearly half a minute to the letter Harry Reid sent to the FBI, not only highlighting his accusation of Comey possibly "Violating the Hatch Act", but reporting the completely unrelated and baseless accusation that Comey and the FBI are sitting on "Explosive information" about "ties between Trump, his advisors and the Russian government", showing a picture of Trump with the Russian flag superimposed in the background.

NBC_Today_Comey.jpg

This is a textbook example of liberal bias in the mainstream news media.

It's despicable, disgraceful and a disservice to the American public.

You don't seriously get your news from The Today Show, I hope? It's a show for housewives, not real journalism.

This was the report NBC's Today Show did this morning, on Comey's letter to congress about the FBI reopening the Clinton email case.

Take notice of who they interviewed and who they quoted about it.

Here's the breakdown:
(keep in mind, this story centers around the possible criminal actions of Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump)

NBC correspondent Peter Alexander description of democrat and republican reaction to the news:
Clinton camp "Directors movement as wrong and over-blown"
Donald Trump "Hyping the news"

1:31 - Total time presenting pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0:21 - Total time presenting pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

0:21 - Time spent showing Hillary's reaction to the news
0:04 - Time spent showing Trump's reaction to the news

4 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Hillary/anti-Comey perspective
0 - Number of people quoted or interviewed pro-Trump/pro-Comey perspective

3 - Screen captions anti-Comey
0 - Screen captions pro-Comey

1 - Screen captions anti-Trump
0 - Screen captions anti-Hillary

The most glaring thing that stood out to me, wasn't the fact that they interviewed Clinton's campaign manager, but not Trump's, or that they didn't even offer a direct quote from Trump on Comey's actions, but quoted Hillary...

What stood out to me, was the fact that NBC dedicated nearly half a minute to the letter Harry Reid sent to the FBI, not only highlighting his accusation of Comey possibly "Violating the Hatch Act", but reporting the completely unrelated and baseless accusation that Comey and the FBI are sitting on "Explosive information" about "ties between Trump, his advisors and the Russian government", showing a picture of Trump with the Russian flag superimposed in the background.

View attachment 67209352

This is a textbook example of liberal bias in the mainstream news media.

It's despicable, disgraceful and a disservice to the American public.

Today Show is biased? :shock: No way. Say it ain't so. Joe.

Today Show? Seriously? That's like complaining that Hannity and Limbauh are partisan. It's the today show guy, not the nightly news.

Although most of the MSM are extremely biased in favor of the left and against the right, NBC as a corporation with all it's subordinate groups like MSNBC and others, has chosen (decades ago) to become the broadcast television and cable television news organization of record for the DNC.

NBC... bias... really, no... can't be. :roll:

Today Show? Seriously? That's like complaining that Hannity and Limbauh are partisan. It's the today show guy, not the nightly news.

The difference is, that was a news report from NBC News, that claims they report the news objectively and without bias... Where both Hannity and Limbaugh do not host news shows, but political opinion shows where they are both up front about the fact that they represent the conservative perspective.

Of course I don't expect the liberal bias deniers to acknowledge the difference, because that kind of honesty is in direct conflict with their political and ideological agendas.

You don't seriously get your news from The Today Show, I hope? It's a show for housewives, not real journalism.

That's a big "Hell no". I was searching YouTube for the latest news reports (because I don't own a TV) and saw that NBC had posted a report on it from the Today Show. I was curious about how they were reporting it, so I decided to watch it.

I expected the report to have a pro-Hillary spin, but OMFG!!!!

The difference is, that was a news report from NBC News, that claims they report the news objectively and without bias... Where both Hannity and Limbaugh do not host news shows, but political opinion shows where they are both up front about the fact that they represent the conservative perspective.

Of course I don't expect the liberal bias deniers to acknowledge the difference, because that kind of honesty is in direct conflict with their political and ideological agendas.

I don't know who the "liberal bias deniers" are, so I can't answer for them. I can only talk for myself. I've known for as long as I can remember that The Today Show isn't the place to go to get news. I assumed most people did as well, and it appears from subsequent posts in this thread that many others feel the same. I say that about Fox and Friends too. They are also biased. So is MSNBC. People are going to watch what they want. I don't question it.

Just like Fox News has a right-leaning bias, everyone knows that NBC has a left-leaning bias. Tell us how many "pro-Hillary" news broadcasts there are on Fox compared to Pro-Trump?

So they are just like FOX except they are owned by the other guys.

That's a big "Hell no". I was searching YouTube for the latest news reports (because I don't own a TV) and saw that NBC had posted a report on it from the Today Show. I was curious about how they were reporting it, so I decided to watch it.

I expected the report to have a pro-Hillary spin, but OMFG!!!!

That's a really weird way to consume news IMO.

That makes it worse, not better. If something that shouldn't be reporting on hard hitting stories totally spins it in one parties direction aimed at lower information voters, that's more indicative of bias.

That makes it worse, not better. If something that shouldn't be reporting on hard hitting stories totally spins it in one parties direction aimed at lower information voters, that's more indicative of bias.

The low information voters are entitled to their shows too. I'm not interested in deciding who gets to watch what. Much as Mr. Trump admires how they do things in Russia, we still don't do them that way here.

Just like Fox News has a right-leaning bias, everyone knows that NBC has a left-leaning bias. Tell us how many "pro-Hillary" news broadcasts there are on Fox compared to Pro-Trump?

You are free to present the news report from Fox News if you think it's biased, but my comment was on you falsely comparing a hard news report, to political opinion.

EDIT:

Here's the news report about the story from Friday's Special Report:

Looks pretty balanced to me.

Last edited:
So they are just like FOX except they are owned by the other guys.

My comment was on someone falsely comparing a hard news report to political opinion.

There is a difference.

You are free to present the news report from Fox News if you think it's biased, but my comment was on you falsely comparing a hard news report, to political opinion.

My comment was on someone falsely comparing a hard news report to political opinion.

There is a difference.

Seems as all of them mix and match them at will these days. Actual news is real hard to find using a television to search for it.

There is a difference.

Grim, how many people in this country do you think only get their political news from The Today Show? How many people have time on a weekday morning to sit through segments about the marriage of Angelina and Brad, what outfit Princess Kate is wearing, who was ousted from Dancing with the Stars, and so on, in order to figure out who they should vote for in 8 days?

Grim, how many people in this country do you think only get their political news from The Today Show? How many people have time on a weekday morning to sit through segments about the marriage of Angelina and Brad, what outfit Princess Kate is wearing, who was ousted from Dancing with the Stars, and so on, in order to figure out who they should vote for in 8 days?

I don't understand why you are asking me that question?

My op was about the blatant liberal bias that was on display in the NBC News report on the story. If you want to know how many people see that report, you can check the ratings online.

The low information voters are entitled to their shows too. I'm not interested in deciding who gets to watch what. Much as Mr. Trump admires how they do things in Russia, we still don't do them that way here.

Low information voters aren't entitled to non biased reporting? That is what you seem to be arguing.

Seems as all of them mix and match them at will these days. Actual news is real hard to find using a television to search for it.

I posted the video from Friday's Special Report above, which is Fox's hard news program. If you compare it to the NBC News report, there is a stark difference. Fox News presents what both sides are saying, and does so with a measure of balance that the NBC News story does not.

Low information voters aren't entitled to non biased reporting? That is what you seem to be arguing.

No, that isn't what I'm arguing at all. I said low information voters (which is what you decided The Today Show watchers are) are entitled to keep on watching what they want to watch. Just like idiots who listen to Rush and Hannity are free to continue doing so. It isn't for me to say that they have to receive a specific kind of report from the show of their choice. They are free to change channels.

I don't understand why you are asking me that question?

My op was about the blatant liberal bias that was on display in the NBC News report on the story. If you want to know how many people see that report, you can check the ratings online.

I don't need to check the ratings. I asked you how many people you are concerned will be solely influenced by The Today Show, and nothing else. You can't answer that. Because none of us know the answer. Nobody I know watches Matt Lauer once and says "I need to vote for candidate x".

You don't have to convince anyone that the MSM has a lean. So does Fox. So does MSNBC. So does CBS. So do the NY Times and the NY Post and the Washington Examiner. The Today Show isn't a serious news reporting show, so they will report on all of this exactly as they report on everything else - like it's an entertainment story.

I don't think NBC claims to be unbiased or makes any kind of pronunciation at all about their lean. Fox claims to be unbiased, which IMO makes them even worse.

I posted the video from Friday's Special Report above, which is Fox's hard news program. If you compare it to the NBC News report, there is a stark difference. Fox News presents what both sides are saying, and does so with a measure of balance that the NBC News story does not.

NBC is a horrible source of "news", FOX does try on occasion, but I have seen plenty of other instances where their bias was on full display. At least they do not claim to be balanced and unbiased any longer, that was proven wrong long ago. Today if one wants the real news they have to do a lot of leg work to gleam the truth out of all the "news" reported on the major news outlets, a sign of the times.

Back
Top Bottom