• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Green/communist's method and goal

When will the state seize all private enterprise and property? I was thinking of getting a bit more sleep, but if the communist victory is immenent, i might need to start packing.

Check under your bed before you sleep. Green Commies often hide there.

Same old paranoid son, different beat.

Did you miss the part about communism in the title?

It's about the methodology, not a revolution. I'm surprised by the skepticism here among those who probably believe the Russians were able to manipulate voters during our 2016 election.

It's about the methodology, not a revolution. I'm surprised by the skepticism here among those who probably believe the Russians were able to manipulate voters during our 2016 election.

Russia is no longer the Soviet Union.

They don't support him. They use him. He doesn't know the difference.

don't vote for him, then. i will also not vote for him.

The tobacco settlement was 20 years ago, so that's a couple of decades off, but you have his age about right. He's dead now. The point was that he was one of the first science types on the denial train.

The real push by the denial industry took off after the Citizens United case (2010) made is possible for industry and wealthy people to pump unlimited money into advocacy without leaving a trace. Within 2 years practically the entire Repub party was on that train. Maybe that's just a coincidence and they just all shared Watts' blog, who really knows?

I still find the connection to young earth creationism amusing. I was showed that wattsup site back in 2007 or so by a coworker who's wife is a young earth type.

It was always clear that the hype of doom about a possible slight warming was beyond all reason way before 2010.

No matter what the video says, communism isn't coming, and the means of production aren't going to be seized and given to the workers.

No, but it is possible that our society could be destabilized and reduced to some sort of disordered anarchy or police state.

The undermining of science by the use of bad pseudo-science to justify all the self harm done to our economy in the name of CAGW is having this effect.

No, but it is possible that our society could be destabilized and reduced to some sort of disordered anarchy or police state.

The undermining of science by the use of bad pseudo-science to justify all the self harm done to our economy in the name of CAGW is having this effect.

sadly for you, reality doesn't hinge on your agreement.

sadly for you, reality doesn't hinge on your agreement.

You should have a long think about why it is I fail to get lots of you alarmists to follow the numbers.

You should try to think why it is that my eternal challenge to show any bad thing about a slightly warmer world, as predicted by the IPCC (max numbers), is always failed despite the constant shouting of catastrophe.

You should have a long think about why it is I fail to get lots of you alarmists to follow the numbers.

You should try to think why it is that my eternal challenge to show any bad thing about a slightly warmer world, as predicted by the IPCC (max numbers), is always failed despite the constant shouting of catastrophe.

so you're at "yes, it's happening, but so what?" i can work with that. be careful not to shift positions, because i can really work with that.

so you're at "yes, it's happening, but so what?" i can work with that. be careful not to shift positions, because i can really work with that.

My position is that I do not know to what extent the observed warming is due to actual warming or due to real warming which is due to human activity or natural warming.

Obviously some of the warming is de to human activity.

The big question, which is generally avoided, is; is this warming a bad thing?

To that question I have found no significant bad thing or anybody who has been able to explain what is significantly bad about any of it.

My position is that I do not know to what extent the observed warming is due to actual warming or due to real warming which is due to human activity or natural warming.

Obviously some of the warming is de to human activity.

The big question, which is generally avoided, is; is this warming a bad thing?

To that question I have found no significant bad thing or anybody who has been able to explain what is significantly bad about any of it.

Effects | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

it's unnecessary. with a quickly growing global population, we need to be thinking about other ways to power our grids / cars / lives. fossil fuels are a centuries old technology, and the cost / benefit ratio is shifting.

Effects | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

it's unnecessary. with a quickly growing global population, we need to be thinking about other ways to power our grids / cars / lives. fossil fuels are a centuries old technology, and the cost / benefit ratio is shifting.

Oh, yes, I constantly get the massive big picture gibberish you can't examine fired at me.

Now try this;

Choose, cherry pick your choice of, any local council anywhere in the world that has traffic lights and a single bad thing about a slightly warmer world. Then explain, in your own words, how the bad thing is going to be caused by the warming, the mechanism. Then cite some sort of supporting science, so we can see the extent and severity of this.

If the local council will have to spend more than its' traffic lights budget in coping with this bad thing you win.

Should be very easy with a catastrophe coming.

Oh, yes, I constantly get the massive big picture gibberish you can't examine fired at me.

Now try this;

Choose, cherry pick your choice of, any local council anywhere in the world that has traffic lights and a single bad thing about a slightly warmer world. Then explain, in your own words, how the bad thing is going to be caused by the warming, the mechanism. Then cite some sort of supporting science, so we can see the extent and severity of this.

If the local council will have to spend more than its' traffic lights budget in coping with this bad thing you win.

the "skip reading the link and just post whatever you would have posted had there been no link" method is a popular one, for sure. however, it's sort of a waste of my time.

the "skip reading the link and just post whatever you would have posted had there been no link" method is a popular one, for sure. however, it's sort of a waste of my time.

Try it.

If you like I will offer a bet;

You place $20 with the forum. If you succeed in doing the challenge, the place and the bad thing must be cited in the first 200 words, the mechanism must be described and the extent of it supported by actual scientific papers that I can read, not pay walled, and it must be sufficiently strong to pass the not obviously wrong level of scrutiny (plants grow better with more CO2 and more water and warmer temperatures etc) I will give you $400.

How is that for a great easy profit for you?

Try it.

If you like I will offer a bet;

You place $20 with the forum. If you succeed in doing the challenge, the place and the bad thing must be cited in the first 200 words, the mechanism must be described and the extent of it supported by actual scientific papers that I can read, not pay walled, and it must be sufficiently strong to pass the not obviously wrong level of scrutiny (plants grow better with more CO2 and more water and warmer temperatures etc) I will give you $400.

How is that for a great easy profit for you?

um, read the link? as for your bet proposal, how is that even relevant? you will dismiss any new link i post as readily as the link that i already posted. i'm not interested in making a bet with you.

um, read the link? as for your bet proposal, how is that even relevant? you will dismiss any new link i post as readily as the link that i already posted. i'm not interested in making a bet with you.

I will look at the science papers you cite not some general waffle about doom. It has to show how the single bad thing will impact the world and thus we can see how it will impact your chosen place.

I note you have run away at the first hurdle.

This makes it utterly obvious that you fully know you just can't do it.

Who would you choose to judge this?

Back
Top Bottom