• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google Fires Author of Divisive Memo on Gender Differences [W:547]

Re: Google fires employee who penned controversial memo

It didn't. It policed his actions.

There are no facts or studies supporting his ignorant and sexist claims. Stop pretending otherwise. And stop playing the victim-card.

You poor, poor victim.

You really like using that victim card excuse, too bad it rather ruins whatever argument you can bring to bare.

You really like using that victim card excuse, too bad it rather ruins whatever argument you can bring to bare.

I'm not the one crying about persecution. A leper, really? What drama.

Got any evidence to support the Google moron's claims? I didn't think so.

No one has presented anything supporting his claims and neither will you. His remarks were sexist and baseless.

You know we are talking about biology here right?

You know its an actual thing in this day and age?

I mean, I know we live in a strange race baiting, gender pandering, stereotype throwing, flame fest of a political spectacle. Where you can say stupid crap like the world is built on rape culture, and no one bats an eye. However if you say something like the gender wage gap doesn't exist, people lose their ****, and people scream sexist, misogynistic, patriarchy privilege. Along with a whole other list of inane things, and it just keeps building because they have no real argument to back it up, but are just attempting to drown you out.

Hell most colleges across the US have actual, physical safe spaces... and people still wonder why almost no one takes any remotely left-leaning person seriously.

You know we are talking about biology here right?

You know its an actual thing in this day and age?

I mean, I know we live in a strange race baiting, gender pandering, stereotype throwing, flame fest of a political spectacle. Where you can say stupid crap like the world is built on rape culture, and no one bats an eye. However if you say something like the gender wage gap doesn't exist, people lose their ****, and people scream sexist, misogynistic, patriarchy privilege. Along with a whole other list of inane things, and it just keeps building because they have no real argument to back it up, but are just attempting to drown you out.

Hell most colleges across the US have actual, physical safe spaces...

Perhaps education would help you. Then you wouldn't constantly be suffering this terrible persecution. Your tear-filled cries of injustice are horrible to behold. Someone should give you a hug and dry those victim tears.

and people still wonder why almost no one takes any remotely left-leaning person seriously.

How do you think this sort of idiocy flies? Where do you think you are? Pathetic.

I'm not the one crying about persecution. A leper, really? What drama.

Got any evidence to support the Google moron's claims? I didn't think so.

You haven't been looking into current events have you? Like the anti conservative movements, and policies being taken in several colleges around the country.

Did that fly under you're hypocrisy radar?

You haven't been looking into current events have you? Like the anti conservative movements, and policies being taken in several colleges around the country.

Did that fly under you're hypocrisy radar?

I can't take any more of your victim-card crying.

Good day.

Perhaps education would help you. Then you wouldn't constantly be suffering this terrible persecution. Your tear-filled cries of injustice are horrible to behold. Someone should give you a hug and dry those victim tears.

How do you think this sort of idiocy flies? Where do you think you are? Pathetic.

(sigh) The only one throwing victim card around, is you.

facepalm.jpg

My man you have earned this harder than the last guy.

I completely understood why they fired him given all the bad press his memo got (and I suspect he won't be unemployed for long). However, the response to it was blown out of proportion and this "victory" seems pretty damn Phyrric.

I completely understood why they fired him given all the bad press his memo got (and I suspect he won't be unemployed for long). However, the response to it was blown out of proportion and this "victory" seems pretty damn Phyrric.

Do you believe your post is not obvious support of sexism?

That darn free market strikes again. If only we had conservative law governing workplaces to insist on women being inferiors would we be a just people.

Now if only he had a union to support him. :lamo:peace

Do you believe your post is not obvious support of sexism?

Did I say I agreed with the memo? No. I grew up in family where the women tended to be smarter by the men and several close family members (all female) went into mathematical and scientific areas (which is ironic given I'm pretty rubbish at those subjects myself). But the response to this has turned him into a "martyr".

I didn't expect Google to fire this guy so quickly. This says very bad things about them & progressive culture. The Left doesn't get this, but its not illegal to think or say or write about things they disagree with.

This says OUTstanding things about Google! What the pinhead didn't understand is EVERY company/corporation has conduct rules. It is well within the company's rights to fire those who violate them. The company can't press charges, like if he violated the code by stealing, but they damn sure can permit him to continue his career elsewhere.

My wife started in IT back in the late 80's. Her boss took it upon himself to lecture her on what a good army wife should tolerate... :roll:

She was the only female in that shop, These days women are in that field, they can type and think as well, perhaps better as they don't spend hours on fantasy football (if you wish to discuss biological differences) She has faced 'he-man' attitudes repeatedly- seems guys who sit on their brains most the day try and compensate by puffing up...

This smacks of an earlier time when white guys claimed blacks hurt business by taking jobs from harder working white guys... :doh

Good for Google and puck those who think companies have to allow violations of the code of conduct because some pinhead thinks his 'rights' include creating a hostile workplace... :peace

Did I say I agreed with the memo? No. I grew up in family where the women tended to be smarter by the men and several close family members (all female) went into mathematical and scientific areas (which is ironic given I'm pretty rubbish at those subjects myself). But the response to this has turned him into a "martyr".

Yeah but I'm thinking those who consider him a martyr also worship various forms of pond scum... :peace

None of that provides evidence for the Google moron's claims.

Its called a argument. When people can discuss things without one party to the discussions grasping the pearls in horror.

There are no studies or facts backing up his ignorant and sexist claims.

The earlier post linked to over half a dozen such studies. I am sure there are people who have disagreed with those conclusions.
But that is kind of the point. Its called a discussion. Google apparently wishes to have a one way discussion.

It didn't. It policed his actions.

There are no facts or studies supporting his ignorant and sexist claims. Stop pretending otherwise. And stop playing the victim-card.

You poor, poor victim.

His actions were writing a memo at odds with what the leadership of Google believes.

They should remove him from every google search anywhere. Conflicting opinion should be wiped out and Google could do it.

Conformity in the name of Diversity must be enforced!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I didn't expect Google to fire this guy so quickly. This says very bad things about them & progressive culture

The Left doesn't get this, but its not illegal to think or say or write about things they disagree with.

In these United States today, censorship reigns supreme in the form of political correctness. Chris Rock can use the n-word in comedy routines, but Bill Maher cannot.

perhaps better

We literally have an entire thread that, in part, is people attacking and blasting someone for daring to suggest that one gender is better at something than another of which you jump on board with...and then as a random throw away you make a horribly stereotyped comment suggesting one gender is better at something than another. You can't make this **** up, and I'm sure we'll see the expected response to your assertion.

As far as Google goes; whether this guy liked their code or conduct or not, the reality is that the company has the right to set their code of conduct and he agreed to it when he took the job. Whether he thinks their ability to fire people is extremely "flexible" or not, that's what he signed up for. He violated that code of conduct, he got fired. That's how life works. It's possible to think Google was dumb/wrong for firing him without thinking they shouldn't have been legally ALLOWED to fire him, but at the same time suggesting that any "rights" were violated or that something legally was wrong here is laughable.

Misogynists and pisogynists must follow company rules.

In Google's case, we find the right wing wants to use Big Government to interfere.

In these United States today, censorship reigns supreme in the form of political correctness. Chris Rock can use the n-word in comedy routines, but Bill Maher cannot.

Actually he can. He wasn't arrested or fired. He might get some backlash but isn't that their freedom to oppose?

It's not censorship to have a code of conduct at a work and if you don't follow it you will receive the consequences. Or, do you think people should do what they want at work without any consequences?

California is (ironically) a right-to-work state, so Google is within its rights here.

But you can do stupid things with your rights.

It baffles me sometimes that people think "acting within your rights" and "doing the right thing" are synonymous. But some people honestly don't seem to grasp the difference.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I didn't expect Google to fire this guy so quickly. This says very bad things about them & progressive culture

The Left doesn't get this, but its not illegal to think or say or write about things they disagree with.

Companies are free to fire anyone that makes any public statement that they feel makes their company look bad. Welcome to freedom.

Actually he can. He wasn't arrested or fired. He might get some backlash but isn't that their freedom to oppose?

It's not censorship to have a code of conduct at a work and if you don't follow it you will receive the consequences. Or, do you think people should do what they want at work without any consequences?

As with so many things in life, there are degrees of censorship. No, he wasn't arrested or fired, he was merely ridiculed to the point that he had to retract or apologize. Political Correctness from the guy whose first show was Politically Incorrect.

But you are right about a code of conduct at work.

Back
Top Bottom