• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google Fires Author of Divisive Memo on Gender Differences [W:547]

Re: Google fires employee who penned controversial memo

That darn free market strikes again. If only we had conservative law governing workplaces to insist on women being inferiors would we be a just people.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I didn't expect Google to fire this guy so quickly. This says very bad things about them & progressive culture

The Left doesn't get this, but its not illegal to think or say or write about things they disagree with.

You think employers should be forced to employ scumbags? How pro-business of you.

Keep apologizing for dumbass misogynists. It lets everyone know where you stand.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I didn't expect Google to fire this guy so quickly. This says very bad things about them & progressive culture

The Left doesn't get this, but its not illegal to think or say or write about things they disagree with.

"Biological differences" are why more women aren't CEOs/in corporate leadership positions according to this guy.

A rather silly claim at best.

You think employers should be forced to employ scumbags? How pro-business of you.

Keep apologizing for dumbass misogynists. It lets everyone know where you stand.

There were plenty of people who work at Google who agreed with the memo. Do you think they should also be rounded up and summarily fired? Maybe send them to reeducation camps?

There were plenty of people who work at Google who agreed with the memo. Do you think they should also be rounded up and summarily fired?

You fantasize about support for misogyny. How nice.

Maybe send them to reeducation camps?

Oh, the drama. Poor victim!

"We love diversity and science so much we will fire you for repeating basic social science data about diversity." - Google

"We love diversity and science so much we will fire you for repeating basic social science data about diversity." - Google

Claiming that women are biologically inferior to men violated Google's code of conduct. Maybe he should have understood the policies of his employer before releasing his manifesto.

"Biological differences" are why more women aren't CEOs/in corporate leadership positions according to this guy.

Typical "men's rights" (women-hating scumbags) garbage.

"Basic social science data"

haha

Let me guess, you consider sociology to be a hoax?

Not entirely. There are numerous studies in scientific journals arguing such biological differences-- besides the obvious of course.

Claiming that women are biologically inferior to men violated Google's code of conduct. Maybe he should have understood the policies of his employer before releasing his manifesto.

That isn't what was said.

Not entirely. There are numerous studies in scientific journals arguing such biological differences-- besides the obvious of course.

Where'd you read that? It'd be a hoot to see your "men's rights" blog citation.

The sun came up this morning. This says very bad things about progressive culture.

The left doesn't get this.

Srsly, that is how stupid(but predictable) your post was. Oh, and you really should learn the word "illegal " means. I know, more than one syllable, so it is kinda tricky, but a hint: illegal has exactly jack and **** to do with this topic...

Where'd you read that? It'd be a hoot to see your "men's rights" blog citation.

They have fewer teeth Aristotle told us this

The sun came up this morning. This says very bad things about progressive culture.

The left doesn't get this.

Srsly, that is how stupid(but predictable) your post was. Oh, and you really should learn the word "illegal " means. I know, more than one syllable, so it is kinda tricky, but a hint: illegal has exactly jack and **** to do with this topic...

Did you read the memo sweetie? Show me what he said about women that offends you so much. You can't because you didn't even read the memo. So either give a clear counter argument or go whine somewhere else. This is a debate forum, not recess.

I take it issue with it being labelled "controversial", the only thing controversial about it are the people trying to invent controversy where there is none.

You fantasize about support for misogyny. How nice.

Oh, the drama. Poor victim!

It's not misogyny.

Did you read the memo sweetie? Show me what he said about women that offends you so much. You can't because you didn't even read the memo. So either give a clear counter argument or go whine somewhere else. This is a debate forum, not recess.

Whether it offends me is totally irrelevant. I am not his employer. Even his employer may not be offended, but does not want to deal with the controversy.

Have you figured out what "illegal" means?

in some cases they are-its why Serena Williams at her best can't beat the seven hundredth ranked male player and why a decent high school boys basketball team would annihilate the WBA champions.

in some cases they are-its why Serena Williams at her best can't beat the seven hundredth ranked male player and why a decent high school boys basketball team would annihilate the WBA champions.

Sure, but we're talking about women being engineers here. I'm sure there are some natural differences with regard to that as well but I don't see the point in highlighting it as a work issue.

It's really no different than somebody trying to prove that blacks have say a 7% higher chance of violence or 4% less IQ. Even if it were proven true what good does it do to focus on it? All it does is make one group feel inferior to the other when individual achievement should be stressed over group measurement and statistics.

What the left gets is that it is not illegal for a private employer, absent law or a union contract, to fire someone for any reason, dumb or otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom