• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Georgia Hearing

Doesn't really matter. I think she has exercised incredibly poor judgement in having an affair with a subordinate but from everything I have heard thus far I'm seeing nothing that would disqualify her as it relates to the Trump trial. In fact nothing that points to anything other than damn stupid when it comes to what most of us have acted damn stupid about at one time or another.
I'm going to suspend judgment until the conclusion of the hearing. But I think it's safe to say today didn't go the way Fani wanted it to go.

All I took from is that brilliant professionals can be damn stupid in their personal lives. I am in no way drawing a comparison but I think back to how damn stupid Clinton was when it came to sex but none the less he was a brilliant president and politician. So many very snart people seem to get very dumb when it comes to their hormones.

My opinion is she acted irresponsibly to say the least but I have seen nothing that compromises her in terms of the case.. If the voters want to deal with it fair ball but not the courts.
I heard nothing, and I mean NOTHING from either one of these two which would indicate that they were brilliant OR professional.

What I heard was a couple of street level hustlers trying to bullshit their way out of getting caught red handed.

I heard nothing, and I mean NOTHING from either one of these two which would indicate that they were brilliant OR professional.

What I heard was a couple of street level hustlers trying to bullshit their way out of getting caught red handed.
We also didn't hear them in their capacity as a professional prosecutor. Although I got glimpses of Willis that showed me how sharp and fast thinking she is as well as fiercely combative and aggressive, attributes that may do her well professionally but not in this position..

Not my kinda a person but is that what makes her so successful in court? Let's just say I'm betting Trump as much as he hates her would write a huge cheque to have her as a lawyer.

I just turned this on. Not impressed by Nathan Wade’s testimony.
So, I don't think my response is going to be very popular, but I gotta be me:

The Trump cult is going to look for any angle to attack those that are trying to bring Trump to justice. So why give the Trump cult ammo? I think Fanni Willis is a competent prosecutor and has behaved appropriately, right up until the point where she hired her lover. There are plenty of other qualified people she could have hired. Also, the dude used a business credit card on one of their getaways. And then Fanni claims she reimbursed the dude with cash she keeps at her house. Seriously?

No, I like Fanni, but I honestly feel she should have kept it in her pants and found someone else for her team.

You are correct, i am making assumptions.

I think Wilis dug a hole today that will lead to her being prosecuted. I think she is lying. I am not claiming I can proved she lied.

Check back in 6 months or so.
She isn't on trial. She isn't going to be prosecuted. She used bad judgment. People dating and married to one another in a case is usually not even noted. This case has so much public attention, obviously, she's under scrutiny. She may be taken off this case.

We also didn't hear them in their capacity as a professional prosecutor. Although I got glimpses of Willis that showed me how sharp and fast thinking she is as well as fiercely combative and aggressive, attributes that may do her well professionally but not in this position..

Not my kinda a person but is that what makes her so successful in court? Let's just say I'm betting Trump as much as he hates her would write a huge cheque to have her as a lawyer.
The best prosecutors are often unpleasant people.

If there is no paper trail the worst she would have issues with is reconciling her taxes.
I don't know that the IRS will buy that argument. Pretty sure there are strict recordkeeping requirements regarding campaign finance funds as well.

I don't know that the IRS will buy that argument. Pretty sure there are strict recordkeeping requirements regarding campaign finance funds as well.
Perhaps but that has nothing to do with the case at hand.

So, I don't think my response is going to be very popular, but I gotta be me:

The Trump cult is going to look for any angle to attack those that are trying to bring Trump to justice. So why give the Trump cult ammo? I think Fanni Willis is a competent prosecutor and has behaved appropriately, right up until the point where she hired her lover. There are plenty of other qualified people she could have hired. Also, the dude used a business credit card on one of their getaways. And then Fanni claims she reimbursed the dude with cash she keeps at her house. Seriously?

No, I like Fanni, but I honestly feel she should have kept it in her pants and found someone else for her team.
I think once the trial is over, the judge should refer the conduct to the bar, but I am not seeing where it is an issue for the trial itself at this point.

She isn't on trial. She isn't going to be prosecuted. She used bad judgment. People dating and married to one another in a case is usually not even noted. This case has so much public attention, obviously, she's under scrutiny. She may be taken off this case.

She will be prosecuted.

The told many lies today. Even if nothing she had done before yesterday was against the law, she broke the law yesterday on the witness stand.

She will be prosecuted.

The told many lies today. Even if nothing she had done before yesterday was against the law, she broke the law yesterday on the witness stand.
What law did she break? Be specific.

What was this lie that you believe she told?

You are free to believe that she has thousands and thousands of dollars of cash lying around that she took out 50 bucks at a time from Publix cash back, and that Wade got thousands and thousands of dollars in cash from her that he never deposited in his bank account, but it wasn't the truth.

You are free to believe that she has thousands and thousands of dollars of cash lying around that she took out 50 bucks at a time from Publix cash back, and that Wade got thousands and thousands of dollars in cash from her that he never deposited in his bank account, but it wasn't the truth.
What is your evidence that she is lying beyond a personal sense of incredulity?

Do people typically get prosecuted for matters when there is no evidence?

Oh I'm sure that evidence exists.

This wasn't a criminal trial of Willis, so there isn't any evidence in the record of the proceeding we saw yesterday.

That doesn't mean that there isn't evidence out there. The press or some other Georgia prosecutor will find it.

I guarantee you that within 12 months Willis will be on trail, and her testimony yesterday will be one of the reasons for it.

None of this has anything to do with whether or not Trump is guilty, and I hope Trump dies in prison.

Oh I'm sure that evidence exists.

This wasn't a criminal trial of Willis, so there isn't any evidence in the record of the proceeding we saw yesterday.

That doesn't mean that there isn't evidence out there. The press or some other Georgia prosecutor will find it.

I guarantee you that within 12 months Willis will be on trail, and her testimony yesterday will be one of the reasons for it.

None of this has anything to do with whether or not Trump is guilty, and I hope Trump dies in prison.
Ok, so you're going with schrodinger's evidence and an appeal to the unknown nebulous future.

Personally, I don't think this relationship is a trial matter, but should be one for the GA bar association.

Ok, so you're going with schrodinger's evidence and an appeal to the unknown nebulous future.

Sure buddy

We don't have to defend Willis to want Trump to go to prison.

Sure buddy

We don't have to defend Willis to want Trump to go to prison.
I have stated repeatedly that I think this is a matter for the bar.

Back
Top Bottom