• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

I wasn't going to comment on this because I know I would catch all sorts of hell for saying what my thoughts are for this subject, from both sides and the middle. But the temptation is just too strong, so let's do it anyway. This will be from a Christian (which I am) point of view and the outside of Christianity point of view.

First off, Buttigeig is, in real time, sinning right before our eyes. Homosexuality IS a sin in Christianity because that's not the way God set it up. Read the Bible in all areas where it covers it and set it says one man and one woman. God finalizes the marriage, which means He's a part of it as well. If the Bible is the inspired and Living Word of God, then followers in Christ must follow it. And to be a true follower in Christ, you must accept Jesus as Lord and savior, and submit your life to Him. The main reason is simple: Jesus IS God. Did Jesus discuss homosexuality? No, but he did talk about marriage and how it is between a man and a woman. It's true He didn't speak down on it, but he followed the law that said you can't sleep with someone of the same sex, which interprets he didn't say it was okay and acceptable.

Just being a good boy or girl doesn't give you a spot in Heaven. Think of it as getting a driver's license. Sure, it doesn't mean you can't drive, BUT not having that license means you can't drive on the roads legally. If you do and the cops pull you over, and see that you don't have a license, they'll throw you in jail, regardless if this was your first offense and how well you can drive. Same principal here. Now, that doesn't mean the Bible encourages hatred and violence towards homosexuals, that's not even remotely true (it encourages to love and pray for everyone, including homosexuals), but in order to be in God's grace and have a pathway to Heaven, you will need to cast down ALL sin, whether it be for the ones you don't do or be forgiven for the ones you have done. Buttigeig sounds good when talking about God, but he's willing going against Him for doing homosexual acts. He's nitpicking what he likes and doesn't like, and that's going to be a disaster for him later on down the road. Probably already is within his own biological family, but that's his problem.

Now that I got the Christian point of view out of the way, let's talk about outside the spectrum of Christianity. On the biological front: people of the same sex sleeping with each other can't reproduce. That's just a fact. There has to be someone of the opposite sex to do this, whether it be via sex with them, a surrogate, or just the parts have to be present (surgically put on). With the exception of sleeping with the opposite sex (unless it's with prostitutes), all that costs money and can create internal and external problems In addition, more for men than it is for women, aids develops. It ONLY happens when 2 men are, well, not to be graphic but, up the ol' poop shoot. The only way a woman gets it is if the man they slept with just had sex with another man, and did what I just described. So in a way, it's probably not a good idea, from a natural stand point, to do it with the same sex because it's more collateral damage than what you know.

For the homosexuals out there, it's your life. Do what you want to do with it. I don't agree with your preference in the same sex, from both my faith and biological points of view, but you're big boys and girls. Franklin Graham believes the same way I do. It doesn't mean we hate homosexuals. I have 2 family members, a few friends, and some patients that are homosexuals, and they're good people, and they know where I stand on this issue. Having a disagreement doesn't equal hate or intolerance. The ONLY religion that truly HATES AND IS INTOLERANT not only towards homosexuality but homosexuals themselves, is the religion of fundamental Islam. I would also throw in some aspects of militant humanism as well because of the whole evolution aspect, but more so Islam.

I personally think both are stupid but to each their own im sure they think im stupid too

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You know what's really stupid? Making a claim then just basically saying "Oh well not really"

I wasn't going to comment on this because I know I would catch all sorts of hell for saying what my thoughts are for this subject, from both sides and the middle. But the temptation is just too strong, so let's do it anyway. This will be from a Christian (which I am) point of view and the outside of Christianity point of view.

First off, Buttigeig is, in real time, sinning right before our eyes. Homosexuality IS a sin in Christianity because that's not the way God set it up. Read the Bible in all areas where it covers it and set it says one man and one woman. God finalizes the marriage, which means He's a part of it as well. If the Bible is the inspired and Living Word of God, then followers in Christ must follow it. And to be a true follower in Christ, you must accept Jesus as Lord and savior, and submit your life to Him. The main reason is simple: Jesus IS God. Did Jesus discuss homosexuality? No, but he did talk about marriage and how it is between a man and a woman. It's true He didn't speak down on it, but he followed the law that said you can't sleep with someone of the same sex, which interprets he didn't say it was okay and acceptable.

Just being a good boy or girl doesn't give you a spot in Heaven. Think of it as getting a driver's license. Sure, it doesn't mean you can't drive, BUT not having that license means you can't drive on the roads legally. If you do and the cops pull you over, and see that you don't have a license, they'll throw you in jail, regardless if this was your first offense and how well you can drive. Same principal here. Now, that doesn't mean the Bible encourages hatred and violence towards homosexuals, that's not even remotely true (it encourages to love and pray for everyone, including homosexuals), but in order to be in God's grace and have a pathway to Heaven, you will need to cast down ALL sin, whether it be for the ones you don't do or be forgiven for the ones you have done. Buttigeig sounds good when talking about God, but he's willing going against Him for doing homosexual acts. He's nitpicking what he likes and doesn't like, and that's going to be a disaster for him later on down the road. Probably already is within his own biological family, but that's his problem.

Now that I got the Christian point of view out of the way, let's talk about outside the spectrum of Christianity. On the biological front: people of the same sex sleeping with each other can't reproduce. That's just a fact. There has to be someone of the opposite sex to do this, whether it be via sex with them, a surrogate, or just the parts have to be present (surgically put on). With the exception of sleeping with the opposite sex (unless it's with prostitutes), all that costs money and can create internal and external problems In addition, more for men than it is for women, aids develops. It ONLY happens when 2 men are, well, not to be graphic but, up the ol' poop shoot. The only way a woman gets it is if the man they slept with just had sex with another man, and did what I just described. So in a way, it's probably not a good idea, from a natural stand point, to do it with the same sex because it's more collateral damage than what you know.

For the homosexuals out there, it's your life. Do what you want to do with it. I don't agree with your preference in the same sex, from both my faith and biological points of view, but you're big boys and girls. Franklin Graham believes the same way I do. It doesn't mean we hate homosexuals. I have 2 family members, a few friends, and some patients that are homosexuals, and they're good people, and they know where I stand on this issue. Having a disagreement doesn't equal hate or intolerance. The ONLY religion that truly HATES AND IS INTOLERANT not only towards homosexuality but homosexuals themselves, is the religion of fundamental Islam. I would also throw in some aspects of militant humanism as well because of the whole evolution aspect, but more so Islam.

:lamo

What a load of crap.

First and foremost, since being gay is not a choice, your entire argument is entirely faulty.

Secondly, Christianity has been as a whole, and numerous Christians still are today, absolutely hateful and bigoted against gay people. Look at evangelical efforts in Uganda --- and the corresponding brutal persecution of gay people--- as a prime example. That's not even getting into the centuries of brutal oppression inflicted on them in the name of Christianity.

So, in short, your argument is a load of crap.

‘Not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized’: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay.

Lol. Why would anyone care what Franklin Graham says?

He's as much a religious hypocrite as the rest of that tribe.

Do you think he would be the first gay president if he did win?

You mean, after Reagan?

:lamo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...g-being-gay/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.cb48b121e6ff

‘Not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized’: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay.

In his effort to push through the crowded room of 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Pete Buttigieg, the gay mayor of South Bend, Ind., has regularly brought up his Christian faith and his experience balancing scripture with his sexuality.

“It can be challenging to be a person of faith who’s also part of the LGBTQ community and yet, to me, the core of faith is regard for one another,” the candidate said at a CNN town hall on Monday. “And part of God’s love is experienced, according to my faith tradition, is in the way that we support one another and, in particular, support the least among us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(mine)

And yet once more, the self-righteous right Christian conservatives show how utterly ignorant and homophobic they are. It was only a matter of time that someone was going to judge Pete Buttigieg for his sexuality and shouldn't be a surprise that it's the son of Billy Graham to do it first. Franklin Graham actually stated that Pete Buttigieg 'should repent' for being gay.

There are reasons to criticize Pete Buttigeig on. The fact of being gay is not one of them.

Going around telling everyone how religious you are and practicing a Gay lifestyle are indeed at odds. Plus he's comparing his morals to Trump's therefore, as Graham said, making it political.
Mayor Pete Buttigieg's Very Public Christian Faith - The Atlantic

Graham has spent his life railing against gay people and is a bigot of the first order. Of course it's political. Bigots like Graham build their whole careers of discrimination and he has the nerve to complain it's being politicized? People's values are changing, the LGBT community has gained more acceptance and Buttegieg recognizes that his relative diversity is a political advantage in many circles. Candidates spend so much of their energy emphasizing who they are and that's who he is. It's the modern equivalent of proclaiming oneself a 'family values' candidate: it appeals to a certain set of voters.

Because elections are fought sop much on the candidate's personality (remember it is largely Clinton's character that cost her the last election) they're all but forced o virtue-signal to one group or another - just as Graham and his ilk do.

So Graham's real complaint is not that Buttegieg is running as a gay - it's that he's gay, period.

That makes Graham a bigot.

I have a problem with the OP claiming Graham's comments were "BLASTING" Buttigieg. He did no such thing. Buttigieg was the one who first attacked Mike Pence for his religious beliefs. Mike Pence has never said anything derogatory about Buttigieg. Graham just like many Christians believe homosexuality to be a sin within their religion. But so do some Jewish sects and Muslims. Buttigieg is the one that brought up religion and attacked those who do not believe as he does. He played the gay card.

As a Christian, I can only say that Franklin Graham has way more political influence and involvement than someone claiming to work for God should have.

Yep, but that's not anything new. It's been like that from the beginning.

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own."
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Horatio G. Spafford, March 17, 1814

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes."
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

I mean, he's not really wrong.

Most Christians believe in the Trinity, which without getting technical, means Jesus and Yahweh are of the same mind on all things. In the OT, Yawheh (through his priests) said men lying with men was an abomination. Therefore, Jesus would believe the same thing.

I've said it before but I'll repeat it once more: never understand why gay people want to be part of the religion that says their lifestyle is an abomination.

They're afraid of death and christianity offers a fake promise of salvation.

Nothing. Nothing. Lasts forever. Not a soul. Not an atom. Nothing.

Interesting how it's not okay for Buttigieg to make being gay part of his platform, but it's okay for others to do the same with being christian.

To quote Frank in a different context, the religious beliefs of a public servant are definitely ‘Not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized.’

Here's a guy that condemned Clinton for his sex life, then looked the other way at Trump's "sinful" debauchery and fake religiosity, and is now blasting a sweet heart of a guy because of who he sleeps with in his private life.

Interesting that 'on-off-on' dynamic correlates perfectly with 'democrat-republican-democrat'.

**** that old hick, his hypocrisy, and his rail car hobo wardrobe.

1. Graham is correct here that Christianity cannot be squared with a homosexual lifestyle - Scripture is clear on that.

2. As you point out, Graham's deep, blatant, and self-destructive hypocrisies on precisely this issue (as well as the broader issue surrounding it of morality in public leaders) makes him the worst of spokesmen to make that point. The damage he and others like him have done to the Christian witness in this country by subordinating it to short-term political preference is to their deep, deep shame.

What claim do you think i made?

You made the claim Mayor Pete uses his gayness as a selling point when he clearly only brings it up when asked about it, and when I asked you for evidence to the contrary you declined.

Way to paint yourself into a corner.

You made the claim Mayor Pete uses his gayness as a selling point when he clearly only brings it up when asked about it, and when I asked you for evidence to the contrary you declined.

Way to paint yourself into a corner.
He does do that and i explained how. He could easily answer reporters by saying his sexual oreintation is irrelevant to his qualifications but he does not do that, does he.

Instead he uses it as a springboard to talk about it, which is fine imo, but dont complain when people talk anout it and dont fawn all over it.

Its a two-way street.

Every time I read vile comments from these fake Christians like Graham, I remind myself how bad the Republican Party has become.

I'm so sick of the homophobes in the GOP. What is with their obsession with other peoples' bedroom preferences anyway?

The GOP has never been less "homophobic" than it is today. What do you mean, "become"?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...g-being-gay/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.cb48b121e6ff

In his effort to push through the crowded room of 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Pete Buttigieg, the gay mayor of South Bend, Ind., has regularly brought up his Christian faith and his experience balancing scripture with his sexuality.

“It can be challenging to be a person of faith who’s also part of the LGBTQ community and yet, to me, the core of faith is regard for one another,” the candidate said at a CNN town hall on Monday. “And part of God’s love is experienced, according to my faith tradition, is in the way that we support one another and, in particular, support the least among us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(mine)

And yet once more, the self-righteous right Christian conservatives show how utterly ignorant and homophobic they are. It was only a matter of time that someone was going to judge Pete Buttigieg for his sexuality and shouldn't be a surprise that it's the son of Billy Graham to do it first. Franklin Graham actually stated that Pete Buttigieg 'should repent' for being gay.

I find it interesting that Buttigieg actually side-stepped the question put before him. So far as Graham's comments, I wouldn't call that "blasting" anything.

There are reasons to criticize Pete Buttigeig on. The fact of being gay is not one of them.

And that's exactly as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom