• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

So to summarize, Trump is a better Christian than Buttiegieg because he didn't campaign on being an unrepentant adulterer, he did the good Christian thing and lied about it, paid people off, and asked others to lie for him.
Not even close. To summarize...the only reason this is an issue is because Buttigieg MADE it an issue and Graham responded. And of course...you know that...but you lack the integrity to admit it.

Not even close. To summarize...the only reason this is an issue is because Buttigieg MADE it an issue and Graham responded. And of course...you know that...but you lack the integrity top admit it.

Shame on Buttiegieg for campaigning on his faith and identity. He should take a page from Trump's book of integrity and pretend to be a straight man, hide his husband under the bed, and tell everyone he is an atheist. That would be how a good Christian does things.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...g-being-gay/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.cb48b121e6ff

‘Not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized’: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay.

In his effort to push through the crowded room of 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Pete Buttigieg, the gay mayor of South Bend, Ind., has regularly brought up his Christian faith and his experience balancing scripture with his sexuality.

“It can be challenging to be a person of faith who’s also part of the LGBTQ community and yet, to me, the core of faith is regard for one another,” the candidate said at a CNN town hall on Monday. “And part of God’s love is experienced, according to my faith tradition, is in the way that we support one another and, in particular, support the least among us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(mine)

And yet once more, the self-righteous right Christian conservatives show how utterly ignorant and homophobic they are. It was only a matter of time that someone was going to judge Pete Buttigieg for his sexuality and shouldn't be a surprise that it's the son of Billy Graham to do it first. Franklin Graham actually stated that Pete Buttigieg 'should repent' for being gay.

Does the Bible approve of some homosexual relationships?

Shame on Buttiegieg for campaigning on his faith and identity. He should take a page from Trump's book of integrity and pretend to be a straight man, hide his husband under the bed, and tell everyone he is an atheist. That would be how a good Christian does things.
Shame on you for lacking the integrity to be honest. Buttigieg fabricated an attack on Pence for political gain which spawned all of this. That had nothing to do with his 'faith'.

You people are ****ing hilarious. You fall for the dog whistle every time. You did the same thing with the Rosie O Donell bull****. She out of nowhere attacks Trump, he responds...you **** yourself. This case...no difference.

Nope. And that is an opinion, just like saying yes would be.

Is lying a sin?

According to the Bible both are a sin and that's a fact. It isn't a matter of opinion. It's the height of hypocrisy to agree with part of the Bible and disagree with the parts you don't like.

According to the Bible both are a sin and that's a fact. It isn't a matter of opinion. It's the height of hypocrisy to agree with part of the Bible and disagree with the parts you don't like.

According to your interpretation of the Bible. That is not the interpretation of all Christians. In fact, it is very possible that many don't share your personal interpretation of the Bible. So then either a) anyone's interpretation of the Bible is valid and acceptable to make them a Christian or b) there aren't nearly as many Christians as some like to claim.

Graham is a hypocritical talibornagain. He only condemns those he doesn't like.

Adultery is a choice. Being gay isn't.

Your post is just one steaming pile of cognitive dissonance, and you know it. Buttigieg is not playing a victim...every single heterosexual candidate talks about their marriage partner, the right wing guys like to pretend they are moral beacons because they know that the idiot rightists fall for it.

Buttigieg is showing America that the evangelical right is completely full of crap.

Buttgig is proving that the Leftists are just a bunch of victims.

Ya know...Im not saying everyone has to believe in the bible. Im not saying everyone has to live by what the Bible teaches. Im not even saying Christians dont have the right to live a life in opposition to their belief, hoping/trusting that a loving God has it all already figured out. BUT...you simply cannot say as a Christian that something that is SPECIFICALLY cited in the New Testament as sinful behavior is not a sin, just because you dont agree with it. You CAN say...I disagree with what the Bible calls sin...you just cant with any integrity claim it is not by definition...sinful.

According to your interpretation of the Bible. That is not the interpretation of all Christians. In fact, it is very possible that many don't share your personal interpretation of the Bible. So then either a) anyone's interpretation of the Bible is valid and acceptable to make them a Christian or b) there aren't nearly as many Christians as some like to claim.

There isn't anything to interpret:

"For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh” - Matthew 19:5

Ya know...Im not saying everyone has to believe in the bible. Im not saying everyone has to live by what the Bible teaches. Im not even saying Christians dont have the right to live a life in opposition to their belief, hoping/trusting that a loving God has it all already figured out. BUT...you simply cannot say as a Christian that something that is SPECIFICALLY cited in the New Testament as sinful behavior is not a sin, just because you dont agree with it. You CAN say...I disagree with what the Bible calls sin...you just cant with any integrity claim it is not by definition...sinful.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

Shame on you for lacking the integrity to be honest. Buttigieg fabricated an attack on Pence for political gain which spawned all of this. That had nothing to do with his 'faith'.

You people are ****ing hilarious. You fall for the dog whistle every time. You did the same thing with the Rosie O Donell bull****. She out of nowhere attacks Trump, he responds...you **** yourself. This case...no difference.

Simple truth...you support Trump and identify as a Christian...you forever cede any moral high ground you may have once enjoyed. Welcome to the new normal. You traded your ability to be morally self righteous so an unrepentant adulterer could be president. That is one of the few good things that came from the election. All the right wing evangelicals showed their true colors.

So to summarize, Trump is a better Christian than Buttiegieg because he didn't campaign on being an unrepentant adulterer, he did the good Christian thing and lied about it, paid people off, and asked others to lie for him.

The hypocrisy is so overt these days...

There isn't anything to interpret:

"For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh” - Matthew 19:5

Does not say anything against homosexuality. It is your interpretation that it does.

Oh, look at you making a childish version of his name. I bet that goes over great with 9 year olds.

You are trying to tell others how to interpret the Bible though when you say that Christians should believe homosexuality is wrong according to the Christian God. It could easily be that God changed His mind on homosexuality just as He apparently did with other things from the NT, and some Christians simply haven't got that memo yet. Christians are free to believe and interpret how they wish.

Regardless of your feelings on whether or not you were born gay, does that change the description of homosexuality in both the old and new testament as a sin?

I don't see the bible as anything other than a musty old book that also teaches us how to beat our slaves.

I don't see the bible as anything other than a musty old book that also teaches us how to beat our slaves.

The Bible says nothing about that. Damn, but Liberals are ignorant. Not just ignorant about the Bible, but about history.

And you people are supposed to know everything? :lamo

Cool. Trump is proving righties are a bunch of hypocrites. Might as well get our character flaws out there.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So your support of Pete Buttiegieg ISNT based solely on his being gay. So...then it must be about his record of economic success in South Bend...right? Or maybe his race relations in South Bend. Oh wait...wait...his record on fighting crime and violence in South Bend. Or maybe its his foreign policy positions...you know what THEY are...right? Or his plan for economic growth and prosperity?

Without running off to google it?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......

I'm pretty certain that I have never expressed my support for any candidate at all. It's just way too early for any decisions on my part. I will listen to all the town halls and upcoming debates in order to educate myself on their individual platforms and ideologies. I have no desire, much less any need, to "run on to google it".

Does not say anything against homosexuality. It is your interpretation that it does.

Notice he didn't say anything about same sex marriage. Sex outside of marriage is fornication and fornication is a sin. So, yes, the Bible considers homosexuality a sin.

Believe what you want, but don't lie about what the Bible says.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So your support of Pete Buttiegieg ISNT based solely on his being gay. So...then it must be about his record of economic success in South Bend...right? Or maybe his race relations in South Bend. Oh wait...wait...his record on fighting crime and violence in South Bend. Or maybe its his foreign policy positions...you know what THEY are...right? Or his plan for economic growth and prosperity?

Without running off to google it?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......

Yeah, no ****! :lamo

Cool. Trump is proving righties are a bunch of hypocrites. Might as well get our character flaws out there.

Since we're quoting the Bible:

You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye. - Matthew 7:5

:lamo

Of course. And yet...you frequently rush to attempt to exploit it when you think it works in your favor (where your hatred and bigotry is usually exposed pretty rapidly and it blows up in your face). So regardless of whether or not you believe it, and regardless of whether or not you believe you were born gay, does the Bible...both the old and New testament..teach that homosexuality is a sin?

Back
Top Bottom