• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

If nothing else the Trump tenure has exposed the religious Right as the biggest hypocrites in politics bar none.

IMO Trump has exposed Evangelical Christians as the biggest hypocrites in religion, bar none.

You people are so ****ing dishonest its pathetic.

Buttigieg is the one that has made this an issue. He had a friendship...a working relationship with Mike Pence. But as soon as he announced as a candidate for the WH, extreme leftists shrieked at him ewwwww! How can you like Mike Pence!! He is aaaawwweeeeeefffffuuuuuullll...we haaaaaaaateee him...EWWWWW!!! and suddenly Buttigieg reversed course and attacked a man he had previously had a relationshiop with...deliberately making religion an issue.

Buttigieg is the assclown that made the claim that Mike Pence has a problem with him (he doesnt, never did, never said a word about the assclown). Buttigieg is the one that brought religion into the mix claiming Mike pences 'problem' wasnt with him but with God...which is twisted and ironic...because again...Pence never said a negative word about the assclown and had only ever had a positive working relationship with the assclown, and the only person that has a problem with the assclowns homosexuality would be the person that said hey...men arent supposed to **** men...your bodies dont work that way. You know...the 'GOD' that the assclown then pretends to worship.

Of course, YOU folks are going to gag on the facts and regurgitate the leftist bull**** you are spoonfed...just like they know you will.

Buttiogieg isnt the only piece of **** rat politician to bow down to the extreme left. Biden did the same thing a few months ago when he first complimented Pence, then bowed and grovelled when the idiot leftists started shrieking about Pence. And at the end of the day...none of this says anything of Pence but it speaks volumes of two piece of **** rat politicians that are gutless, spinless and have no character. It also says volumes about the idiot leftists that will dutifully swallow everything they are spoon fed like good little muppets.

I'm not scared of hypocrites who only select certain things to be morally superior about.

Also, did it hurt when his gayness was thrown in your face? Just wondering so I can prepare if someone's gayness does happen to land on my face.

Hey, to each his own Pete may be an upstanding guy for all we know. But, & it's a big but how would he handle a summit with
China or Russia or many other countries for that matter. Chi walking with his wife by his side & Pete walking along their side holding hands
with his husband. Somehow that photoshoot would make most of the world a little queasy & uneasy wouldn't it. Others I'm sure would find
it alarming & nauseating.

HP may be in front of you but Franklin is the subject of this thread. Certainly, you must see the irony of your questions in light of this.

After all, this is not about HP

The irony has probably traveled well over my head so far that it is lost in the clouds. But I see little sense in one set of self-described Christian believers telling another set of self-described Christian believers "We are God's chosen few, and you lot are damned!" and the accused then turning around and mirroring those same sentiments right back at them.

The irony has probably traveled well over my head so far that it is lost in the clouds. But I see little sense in one set of self-described Christian believers telling another set of self-described Christian believers "We are God's chosen few, and you lot are damned!" and the accused then turning around and mirroring those same sentiments right back at them.
I don't understand why that bothers you. After all, isn't that what Christians do?

I bet it's even in the Bible.

Somewhere.

You people are so ****ing dishonest its pathetic.

Buttigieg is the one that has made this an issue. He had a friendship...a working relationship with Mike Pence. But as soon as he announced as a candidate for the WH, extreme leftists shrieked at him ewwwww! How can you like Mike Pence!! He is aaaawwweeeeeefffffuuuuuullll...we haaaaaaaateee him...EWWWWW!!! and suddenly Buttigieg reversed course and attacked a man he had previously had a relationshiop with...deliberately making religion an issue.

Buttigieg is the assclown that made the claim that Mike Pence has a problem with him (he doesnt, never did, never said a word about the assclown). Buttigieg is the one that brought religion into the mix claiming Mike pences 'problem' wasnt with him but with God...which is twisted and ironic...because again...Pence never said a negative word about the assclown and had only ever had a positive working relationship with the assclown, and the only person that has a problem with the assclowns homosexuality would be the person that said hey...men arent supposed to **** men...your bodies dont work that way. You know...the 'GOD' that the assclown then pretends to worship.

Of course, YOU folks are going to gag on the facts and regurgitate the leftist bull**** you are spoonfed...just like they know you will.

Buttiogieg isnt the only piece of **** rat politician to bow down to the extreme left. Biden did the same thing a few months ago when he first complimented Pence, then bowed and grovelled when the idiot leftists started shrieking about Pence. And at the end of the day...none of this says anything of Pence but it speaks volumes of two piece of **** rat politicians that are gutless, spinless and have no character. It also says volumes about the idiot leftists that will dutifully swallow everything they are spoon fed like good little muppets.

Step away from the keyboard, and take a deep breath.

Hey, to each his own Pete may be an upstanding guy for all we know. But, & it's a big but how would he handle a summit with
China or Russia or many other countries for that matter.

Well, I'm willing to bet he won't pull a Trump, and in public, stand united with Russia against the entire American Intelligence community.

I mean sure, he might pull a Trump, but he seems like a man of Character, so not like Trump. Obviously.

Pete Buttigieg was smart and knew that concealing his sexual orientation would do more harm to his campaign than simply being forthright and speaking up about it. It was inevitable from the start that it would come out and because he's a principled man, he's going to be transparent. I give him a lot of respect for being so honest and forthcoming about his marriage also and what a positive effect his husband has had on him as a person. The only reason for what you describe as him 'bringing up his sexuality more than anyone' is because he's repeatedly asked about his sexuality by reporters in interviews. The question about his sexual orientation was possibly the most frequently asked question in the beginning of his campaign. He has never side-stepped or brushed off the questions. He has always answered clearly and unambiguously.
Im not criticizing him per say. I am pointing out that if its made a part of the campaign people are gonna voice their opinions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No he doesn't. He gets asked about it a lot, since he's a prospective Presidential candidate and if elected he would be our first gay President. But he doesn't bring it up anymore than anyone else does.
I dont think it reslly needs to be asked about but lets not pretend he isnt trying to use his sexual oreintation as a selling point to get votes. I dont mund that he is. I think its silly to vote for someone or not vote for them because they are gay but thats just my opinion.

On the same token if your gonna run on it then its fair game to be talked about negatively too.

Im not criticizing him per say. I am pointing out that if its made a part of the campaign people are gonna voice their opinions.

The only reason it's part of the campaign now is because people will push him on the subject and keep asking him questions. It's a pretty unique situation for a presidential candidate to be in, naturally people are more than a little curious.

Step away from the keyboard, and take a deep breath.
And that wont change a thing about what I said.

Aaaaaaaaand...Im pretty sure ya know that its true.

China or Russia or many other countries for that matter. Chi walking with his wife by his side & Pete walking along their side holding hands
with his husband. Somehow that photoshoot would make most of the world a little queasy & uneasy wouldn't it. Others I'm sure would find
it alarming & nauseating.

What is so alarming about two men or two women simply holding hands?

I dont think it reslly needs to be asked about but lets not pretend he isnt trying to use his sexual oreintation as a selling point to get votes.

Feel free to point out where and when he said people should vote for him because he's gay.

Pete's problem is he isn't sexually assaulting women. Then the Trump base, as we saw with Trump, would not have a problem with it. Heck, they would be all over this forum denying and deflecting for ol' Pete.
Can you cite the sexual assault you speak of?

Grahams comments were pretty direct. "Mayor Buttigieg says he’s a gay Christian. As a Christian I believe the Bible which defines homosexuality as sin, something to be repentant of, not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized."

Regardless of whether or not you believe in the Bible...would you agree that someone that professed to believe in the Bible should probably follow the rules expressed in said book?

Last edited:
Pete Buttigieg was smart and knew that concealing his sexual orientation would do more harm to his campaign than simply being forthright and speaking up about it. It was inevitable from the start that it would come out and because he's a principled man, he's going to be transparent. I give him a lot of respect for being so honest and forthcoming about his marriage also and what a positive effect his husband has had on him as a person. The only reason for what you describe as him 'bringing up his sexuality more than anyone' is because he's repeatedly asked about his sexuality by reporters in interviews. The question about his sexual orientation was possibly the most frequently asked question in the beginning of his campaign. He has never side-stepped or brushed off the questions. He has always answered clearly and unambiguously.

I'm thinking kissing his husband on stage was a little to much for mainstreamers. Gays have gained respectability throughout western culture in the
last few decades but why throw gayness in the face of the country & that's what he's doing. Why not be more subtle like the Ambassador to
Germany Grinnell or the head of Apple Cook. That course of other outed gay men IMO would have furnished him with a passport to the favor of
more of his his countrymen

Pete's problem is he isn't sexually assaulting women. Then the Trump base, as we saw with Trump, would not have a problem with it. Heck, they would be all over this forum denying and deflecting for ol' Pete.

Name the person Trump sexually assaulted.

BTW: Peter Butt is a hypocrite.

I'm thinking kissing his husband on stage was a little to much for mainstreamers. Gays have gained respectability throughout western culture in the
last few decades but why throw gayness in the face of the country & that's what he's doing. Why not be more subtle like the Ambassador to
Germany Grinnell or the head of Apple Cook. That course of other outed gay men IMO would have furnished him with a passport to the favor of
Frankly...I couldnt care less about his sexuality and if wants to kiss his husband then he should feel no more self conscious about it than a hetero male or female politician should feel kissing their spouse.

Most of the country is pretty much over the gay thing. Even those that have disagreements about it dont much care about it. Dave Chapelles comments on it were pretty much spot on. Just because I dont agree with you doesnt mean I hate you. To think otherwise is stupid.

What is happening that is causing the 'controversy' is that the assclown Buttigieg is ginning up hatred to use as a platform. What that is a surefire indicator of is that regardless of his sexuality...he has **** for a platform.

Jesus, was he unrelated to Jehovah?

It would depend on whom you ask. A Unitarian, for example, would say he wasn't divine, hence not one and the same with God. And remember: Jehovah, since he's God, can change his mind whenever he wants. With the New Covenant, he did just that, since His chosen people tended to be so naughty. Despite their naughtiness, God decided to give them another chance because, well, they were his chosen people. As far as interpreting the particulars of this New Covenant, that depends, once again, on whom you ask.

New Covenant

The only reason it's part of the campaign now is because people will push him on the subject and keep asking him questions. It's a pretty unique situation for a presidential candidate to be in, naturally people are more than a little curious.
Do you think he would be the first gay president if he did win?

Pretty much what I figured, and in line with the relatively small amount of coverage I’ve seen of him.

I assume that will be the last time we hear someone comment about him “flaunting his sexual orientation” on here, right??!! ;)

Haha. Rhetorical question, I assume?:lol:

Interesting how it's not okay for Buttigieg to make being gay part of his platform, but it's okay for others to do the same with being christian.

Feel free to point out where and when he said people should vote for him because he's gay.
He does not need to. The woke crowd views it as a badge of honor to vote for him (which is fine). The only thing he needs to do is embrace it.

Dont get me wrong i have no problem if he wants to pander to woke people. He is entitled to do that and your entitled to vote for him based on his gayness but on the same tokens other are entitled to criticize it and not vote for him based on his gayness.

I personally think both are stupid but to each their own im sure they think im stupid too

Half of my brain agrees with you but the liberal half of my brain asks why can't Pete Buttigieg be judged on his merits and not who's hand he kisses particularly when they are a legally married couple? But, I know that less liberal minded people would bristle at any displays of affection between two people who love each other but are of the same gender. Then again, how else can people ever get accustomed to the fact their rights are the same as anyone elses in America and learn to get over this stigma they've placed upon same sex marriages?

Back
Top Bottom