• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News’ John Roberts Exits Off-Camera Briefing Early

Yes people understand the importance of the press. That is why they are angry about the fake news. Yes a vibrant press is important. We wish we had one.

The term "fake news" applies to news stories that are completely made up, without foundation. Trump* has applied the term to news he doesn't like. The mainstream press continues to gather and analyze stories as it always has, with a high degree of professional journalistic integrity. There is nothing "fake" about it.

The real source of fake news? Donald Trump?s White House | The Independent
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...fake-news-accusations/?utm_term=.a1a95716ae1f
Trump’s Fake War on the Fake News - POLITICO Magazine

Trump's 'fake news' crusade is the stuff of dictators - Chicago Tribune
[url]https://www.axios.com/the-outlets-and-topics-trump-deems-fake-news-2449858042.html

[/URL]

Because you don't agree with what the news is saying does not make it fake. Most of the people that decry "fake news" get their news from websites that collaborate nothing.... its single sourced news, yet they lash out a news organizations that actually have a discipline for news gathering and evaluation that requires multiple sourcing and editorial review. Its far more likely that those that decry "fake news" are actually living in a fake reality.

Last edited:
He is worried about doing his job. His job is to present video media. The WH has assured he cannot do his job. Why stick around? Why waste the time, expense and man-hours? Makes no logical sense. Only a radio broadcast or print media reporter has a job to do at Dingbat Don's censored press conferences. Since most people get their news from TV and internet video, and less people get their news from newspapers and print media, this helps the Liar-in-Chief better mask his lies and deceptions. Less people will read newspapers therefore less people can witness, with their own eyes, the stupid **** that comes out of their lying, ****-holster mouth's. It's much easier to spin lies in print than to convince people they didn't see what they saw.

The Orange-Man, is the real prima donna and media whore. Always has been. I wouldn't be surprised if the television organizations organize and boycott and deny him the free media he has been enjoying these past few years. That would CRUSH his douche-bag ego. He is an addict for the camera. I would love it if the television media denied him his fix.
How are the press conferences censored?

And to think all those years went by without such being needed. Go figure.

Good!
The press should not be grandstanding, this prevents it from happening.

Right on cue.

Be more specific. Show examples of people who are opposing the rights of people opposing Trump.
Nope, Moon, you need to carry your own water. If you have read the thread, you know you have been answered. If you have not read thread, do so. Don't be lazy.

Nope, Moon, you need to carry your own water. If you have read the thread, you know you have been answered. If you have not read thread, do so. Don't be lazy.
Okay, so it was just irrelevant blathering on your part. Glad we got that cleared up.

It frightens me that 40% of our country approves of what is happening at the White House, as does, it seems, more than 50% of Congress. Don't people understand the importance of the press in ensuring a strong democracy? You can not speak truth to power without a vibrant press.

Frankly, I am suffering from some degree of delusion as a I believed the American system of government was a bit more "bullet proof" in that it would be quick to identify and erratic internal threats. I continue, however, with the hope that with a little time, another 10-15% will come to their senses and do the right thing.... Right now, however, it seems our nation's leaders are a feeble crew, with no sense about right and wrong. Weak people without a moral compass are dangerous.

Sorry for taking your specific comment and responding with a global statement of frustration (and fear)...

How does a camera change that?

How are the press conferences censored?

Not sure if this is a rhetorical question or if you were out of town when this issue come to light.

At the time of this conversation, we were discussing the WH banning video/cameras from the press conferences thus censoring the conferences from being televised.

Hope that helps.

Have a great day.

How does a camera change that?
It results in lower viewer numbers for listening/watching the actual white house communication. Fewer people checking what the White House is saying, and hearing journalists ask the White House questions the White House tries to avoid, and avoid being seen answering.

As though you have to have this explained to you.

Radio/audio is a thing of the past, replaced by video, primarily because people pay more attention to it, and most of our entire news/media network is now built around video.

Next thing you know Trump will be pushing us towards coal for energy independence, jobs, and environmental awareness.

The term "fake news" applies to news stories that are completely made up, without foundation. Trump* has applied the term to news he doesn't like. The mainstream press continues to gather and analyze stories as it always has, with a high degree of professional journalistic integrity. There is nothing "fake" about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...fake-news-accusations/?utm_term=.a1a95716ae1f
Trump’s Fake War on the Fake News - POLITICO Magazine

[url]https://www.axios.com/the-outlets-and-topics-trump-deems-fake-news-2449858042.html

[/URL]

Because you don't agree with what the news is saying does not make it fake. Most of the people that decry "fake news" get their news from websites that collaborate nothing.... its single sourced news, yet they lash out a news organizations that actually have a discipline for news gathering and evaluation that requires multiple sourcing and editorial review. Its far more likely that those that decry "fake news" are actually living in a fake reality.

You misunderstand. I don't really care what the press writes. I mostly ignore it when politics is involved. A perfect example of fake news is the Russia collusion thing which still has not a single bit of evidence. That is not reporting facts. It is fake news. It is reporting designed not to inform the public but to attack the president. There are all kinds of examples on both sides of the aisle. If you don't see it then I would say you are the one in a fake reality.

Not sure if this is a rhetorical question or if you were out of town when this issue come to light.

At the time of this conversation, we were discussing the WH banning video/cameras from the press conferences thus censoring the conferences from being televised.

Hope that helps.

Have a great day.
No, I've been here all along. How is not having cameras in the press conference censorship?

Right, who needs the media when your cabinet lies up and puckers to kiss your ass and the new communications director declares several times his love for Trump? I bet that after the press conference he went and blew him in the oval office.
Democrats should have no objection to BJs being given in the oval office.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Trumpâ€[emoji769]s Fake War on the Fake News - POLITICO Magazine

[/URL]

The term fake news applies to more than that. It applies to stories being reported out of context and misrepresenting the truth.

Its like the the difference between leather and pleather. Your basically arguing the genuine imitation leather is the same as the real thing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No, I've been here all along. How is not having cameras in the press conference censorship?

If something as simple as that needs explaining to you, I'm not sure you would understand any explanation I have to offer. Maybe someone else is willing to give it a try.

Television not allowed. How could that POSSIBLY be censorship?

Really?!?!?

Geeeze...... You guys. <S.M.H.>

Yet again, had Obama or Hillary done this the right would have gone bat**** crazy.

I am starting to think the right and Trump supporters don't like the first amendment, or they tend to not really comprehend what it stands for.

So what happens when the press becomes an enemy of the people? Plenty of history regarding that result. Should people just bow down and accept whatever the press choses to do?

Anyone who supports that fealty is an enemy of the people, and Republic they represent.

What examples do you have? There is a difference between state propaganda and actual free speech. The internet is a major weapon for modern people to exercise free soeech. As long as we are free to criticize the government, and the government is not murdering or imprisoning people for their speech, the majority of Americans should be relatively safe from a free press turning on them.

Anyone who is an enemy of the press is an enemy of the American people and their Republic.

It's the press' job to hold Washington accountable, but who is in charge of holding the press accountable?

You're complaining about blind allegiance to Donald Trump while seeming to expect blind allegiance to the press.

If something as simple as that needs explaining to you, I'm not sure you would understand any explanation I have to offer. Maybe someone else is willing to give it a try.

Television not allowed. How could that POSSIBLY be censorship?

Really?!?!?

Geeeze...... You guys. <S.M.H.>

So instead of just answering the question in an intelligent manner, you decided to be condescending instead. Not really a surprise, I gave it odds at 50-50. I was probably too generous.

So instead of just answering the question in an intelligent manner, you decided to be condescending instead. Not really a surprise, I gave it odds at 50-50. I was probably too generous.
Moon, Captain America is right on and you are wrong off.

It frightens me that 40% of our country approves of what is happening at the White House, as does, it seems, more than 50% of Congress. Don't people understand the importance of the press in ensuring a strong democracy? You can not speak truth to power without a vibrant press.

Frankly, I am suffering from some degree of delusion as a I believed the American system of government was a bit more "bullet proof" in that it would be quick to identify and erratic internal threats. I continue, however, with the hope that with a little time, another 10-15% will come to their senses and do the right thing.... Right now, however, it seems our nation's leaders are a feeble crew, with no sense about right and wrong. Weak people without a moral compass are dangerous.

Sorry for taking your specific comment and responding with a global statement of frustration (and fear)...

Obviously it's working as intended. Reactionaries had their say at the polls. If you think a political hit man can get the votes for impeachment, go for it. Tomorrow would be fine with me. Put up or shut up. You can assume he wants to drag it out until the midterms so if the balance of power shifts, as he must be hoping, he won't need proof, just votes in the house.

But the fact no one can escape, is The Clintons are above the law. Joe six pack may have some feeling about that. If the swamp wins, Trump is going nowhere unless you carry him out on his shield.

Back
Top Bottom