• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News’ John Roberts Exits Off-Camera Briefing Early

It frightens me that 40% of our country approves of what is happening at the White House, as does, it seems, more than 50% of Congress. Don't people understand the importance of the press in ensuring a strong democracy? You can not speak truth to power without a vibrant press.

Frankly, I am suffering from some degree of delusion as a I believed the American system of government was a bit more "bullet proof" in that it would be quick to identify and erratic internal threats. I continue, however, with the hope that with a little time, another 10-15% will come to their senses and do the right thing.... Right now, however, it seems our nation's leaders are a feeble crew, with no sense about right and wrong. Weak people without a moral compass are dangerous.

Sorry for taking your specific comment and responding with a global statement of frustration (and fear)...

Bunch of prima donnas. They don't need cameras on to get statements on the record. Maybe they should worry more about doing their jobs and less about camera time.

Bunch of prima donnas. They don't need cameras on to get statements on the record. Maybe they should worry more about doing their jobs and less about camera time.

First they take the cameras...Fill in the rest.

Yet again, had Obama or Hillary done this the right would have gone bat**** crazy.

Good for John Roberts. It means more that it was someone from Fox News. It can't be attacked from the right as effectively as any other MSM source. People who support what this administration is doing to the press should change their lean to authoritarian.

Anyone who is an enemy of the press is an enemy of the American people and their Republic.

So you think the press briefings on camera is about being prima donnas? You really think that?

I WANT ****ING ON CAMERA BRIEFINGS....people do, not just the press, good lord. And WHY did they remove them...because they were getting incredible coverage, because everyone wants to keep an eye on Trump as he derails the nation bit by bit. In an effort to reduce literally "the number of people who are seeing direct communication from the white house", they removed the breifings. TV is far more watched than listening to a boring audio, you could maybe look up the innovation of the "television", and how it relates to the media.

Your own Roger Ailes knew this back in the 70's, it's where FOX news game from, don't you know your own messiah's history?
The memo—called, simply enough, "A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News"—
TV delivered things to people in a way audio(radio) never did/could. And people, he claimed, didn't want ot think, they wanted pre-packaged messages with clear and forceful language. So they created Fox to carry the GOP message...

In fact, I want them under oath, those mother****ers have been lying for way too long, and you're apparently all in favor of reduced transparency/communication with our elected government....what a ****ing crock.

It frightens me that 40% of our country approves of what is happening at the White House, as does, it seems, more than 50% of Congress. Don't people understand the importance of the press in ensuring a strong democracy? You can not speak truth to power without a vibrant press.

Frankly, I am suffering from some degree of delusion as a I believed the American system of government was a bit more "bullet proof" in that it would be quick to identify and erratic internal threats. I continue, however, with the hope that with a little time, another 10-15% will come to their senses and do the right thing.... Right now, however, it seems our nation's leaders are a feeble crew, with no sense about right and wrong. Weak people without a moral compass are dangerous.

Sorry for taking your specific comment and responding with a global statement of frustration (and fear)...
When you equate 'the press' with what we have now, you might be a part of the problem.

When you equate 'the press' with what we have now, you might be a part of the problem.
The problem is the 40% of America on the far and alt right that is nativistic, uber nationalistic, ethnocentric, anti free press, and antidemocracy.

The problem is the 40% of America on the far and alt right that is nativistic, uber nationalistic, ethnocentric, anti free press, and antidemocracy.
The moment you define the problem as 'the far right' you do a pretty good job of painting yourself as their yang.

The moment you define the problem as 'the far right' you do a pretty good job of painting yourself as their yang.
In your opinion, perhaps, but their is opposition in all thing. The far and alt right are the problem as far as this administration goes. They finally have a slice of the power and are amazed/outraged the rest of the country says "no, we are not going back to the fifties."

So you think the press briefings on camera is about being prima donnas? You really think that?

I WANT ****ING ON CAMERA BRIEFINGS....people do, not just the press, good lord. And WHY did they remove them...because they were getting incredible coverage, because everyone wants to keep an eye on Trump as he derails the nation bit by bit. In an effort to reduce literally "the number of people who are seeing direct communication from the white house", they removed the breifings. TV is far more watched than listening to a boring audio, you could maybe look up the innovation of the "television", and how it relates to the media.

Your own Roger Ailes knew this back in the 70's, it's where FOX news game from, don't you know your own messiah's history?
The memo—called, simply enough, "A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News"—
TV delivered things to people in a way audio(radio) never did/could. And people, he claimed, didn't want ot think, they wanted pre-packaged messages with clear and forceful language. So they created Fox to carry the GOP message...

In fact, I want them under oath, those mother****ers have been lying for way too long, and you're apparently all in favor of reduced transparency/communication with our elected government....what a ****ing crock.
You really went off the rails with "your Roger Ailes" comment. You probably watch Fox more than I do.

You really went off the rails with "your Roger Ailes" comment. You probably watch Fox more than I do.

And you really offered no response, because you likely know your position is full of ****. Carry on Moon, with your keen insight into why Trump removed the on camera press briefings.

Yet again, had Obama or Hillary done this the right would have gone bat**** crazy.

Beyond bat****. The entire internet would be down.

And you really offered no response, because you likely know your position is full of ****. Carry on Moon, with your keen insight into why Trump removed the on camera press briefings.
I learned a long time ago there's nothing to be gained by responding in depth to irrational partisan rants. I don't care why the administration uses off camera press conferences, because it has no bearing on the press being able to do their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom