• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For All Trump Supporters That Don't Understand

Here's what Trump stimulated....
Every major sector GAINED jobs:
Manufacturing: +36K
Construction: +32K
Hospitality: +42K
Transportation: +30K

Hispanic, black unemployment at record lows.

Fastest wage growth in a decade!

Why would I need to watch a Youtube video published in 2013?
How about you try living in the present!

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1058362595894272000

Trixie, Trixie, Trixie, yes he can be given some credit for the things that he has done but for each one he has done he has done 5 that have been destructive. A person needs to be weighed for everything he brings to the table and not just his good things or his bad things.

Perfect example of this is what Obama did. Trump supporters, and I place you in that category, have dissed Obama to the nth degree and have given him no credit for all the good he did, which is actually much more than Trump has done. Trump came into office when things were already heading higher so what he added to that was not all that much (If needed I can supply facts) but Obama can into office when the economic life of the United States was on the verge of breaking totally and completely and he and Greenspan saved the United States from an economic collapse of our banking institutions. Everyone in the United States would have been severely affected if that had occurred.

To me saving a country from an economic collapse is far better than pushing the economy slightly higher than what it was before.

As such, your criticizing me for my hate of Obama is hypocrisy given the hate that you guys have expressed the same hate of Obama.

When you weigh the good and bad of both Presidents, Obama was better than Trump is and that has been proven by the 200+ historians that have placed Obama as the 8th best President but have Trump last.

As such, get off your high horse and be fair.

You can take that "slightly" off your lean label you're definitely full loony liberal.

And you could change yours to rightwing wack job, so what?

No your hypocrisy is duly noted

Your personal attack is duly noted but do you have anything to counter my opinion above? Post #106.

Trixie, Trixie, Trixie, yes he can be given some credit for the things that he has done but for each one he has done he has done 5 that have been destructive. A person needs to be weighed for everything he brings to the table and not just his good things or his bad things.

Perfect example of this is what Obama did. Trump supporters, and I place you in that category, have dissed Obama to the nth degree and have given him no credit for all the good he did, which is actually much more than Trump has done. Trump came into office when things were already heading higher so what he added to that was not all that much (If needed I can supply facts) but Obama can into office when the economic life of the United States was on the verge of breaking totally and completely and he and Greenspan saved the United States from an economic collapse of our banking institutions. Everyone in the United States would have been severely affected if that had occurred.

To me saving a country from an economic collapse is far better than pushing the economy slightly higher than what it was before.

As such, your criticizing me for my hate of Obama is hypocrisy given the hate that you guys have expressed the same hate of Obama.

When you weigh the good and bad of both Presidents, Obama was better than Trump is and that has been proven by the 200+ historians that have placed Obama as the 8th best President but have Trump last.

As such, get off your high horse and be fair.

No, I don't think I will. :sword:
So sad that you are under the impression that you are the moral compass for the entire world...and actually delude yourself into KNOWING what I think.

And you in that hateful manner are earning it from us...

So that makes Trump equal to you? Or you to Trump? Cool.

I would not expect less from a Trump supporter. Do you think I am on this message board to gain popularity?

I am here only to attempt to right a wrong that is hurting the larger population of Americans. Whether you hate me or not is of no concern to me. In fact, it is a star of honor to be hated by someone like you. It means I have made my points but you cannot live with them.

No, I don't think I will. :sword:
So sad that you are under the impression that you are the moral compass for the entire world...and actually delude yourself into KNOWING what I think.

As a moral compass, I am only to myself but then again that gives me the right to hate someone that does not meet the moral compass that I feel everyone should have (basic morals). Or are you the kind of person that believes that insulting and debasing people is moral? That cheating on your wife is moral? that separating kids from their mothers and not even keeping track of where they are sent so they can unite at some point in the future is moral? Is this the moral compass that you are referring to that you believe is not basic but mine alone?

By the way, I can only judge you by the comments you make. I do not know you as you do not know me, meaning that your comments to me may be as misinformed as you accuse me of doing.

I would not expect less from a Trump supporter. Do you think I am on this message board to gain popularity?

I am here only to attempt to right a wrong that is hurting the larger population of Americans. Whether you hate me or not is of no concern to me. In fact, it is a star of honor to be hated by someone like you. It means I have made my points but you cannot live with them.
Hypocrisy only detracts from your misbegotten cause.

It is comical however sad, tho. Thanks for that. Just know that Trump does not hate you like you hate him. He will care for you despite any malady under which you suffer.

Ever seen an old and bitter man-hater? Yup, thats just pretty much what its like.

Your living room? From what I have seen it's more like living rent free in your head for 2+ years, hope six more years is not going to be much more of a bother.

Well, if I was able to live with my ex-wife for 24 years, I can probably put up with anything. She was almost worse than Trump.

Probably be he "spews" things like "quarter million jobs created last month", "biggest wage growth in a decade", "productivity up".

I don't recall him saying "quarter million jobs created last month", but we are experiencing "biggest wage growth in a decade" and "productivity up" is a fact.

Slick, you are ignoring what is staring you in the face. You are not listening or seeing.

Trump debases everyone that he does not like or that doesn't agree with him. He does it every single day and repeatedly. He debases people that he has no rights to debase, such as the Gold Star family that gave their kid to our war. They never did anything to Trump and yet he debased them. Like that, I can show you a thousand examples. He is the leader and the one that everyone watches and it has to start with him so that everyone, including the Democrats have to follow suit.

He cannot cry Wolf when he is a Wolf.

It really is simple and if you would just be a person that values truth, you would see that I am right.

You say we are on opposite end of the spectrum, well that is because you are in a fantasy world and I am in the real world.

Trump in NO WAY makes my decisions for me , dude. I don't like the way he acts personally sometimes but y'know the politicians THAT DO act all nice and PC have done nothing but at worst, **** things up, at best maintain the status quo for their own personal gain. There are 3 easy reasons I voted for Trump: 1. I want the supreme court to be more strict constitutionalism. that's almost impossible by voting modern Democratic party. 2. he is an outsider who can shake things up. he has done that. 3. he might try to pass the policies of his I like instead of just talking about them for votes.. check, on a lot of things he has done that.

1 thing I ABSOLUTELY do not do though, and I am sure almost no one does, is use him as a moral yardstick for their own personal morality.. someone that does that with ANY politician has to be one messed up individual.

Hypocrisy only detracts from your misbegotten cause.

It is comical however sad, tho. Thanks for that. Just know that Trump does not hate you like you hate him. He will care for you despite any malady under which you suffer.

Ever seen an old and bitter man-hater? Yup, thats just pretty much what its like.

Yup, that is what I am. An old and bitter man-hater. By the way, if you know me so well, what is my name? Am I white, black, brown? Am I American, am I illegal, am I Latino, am I Japanese, Swedish, or perhaps Russian? Am I tall, short, heavy or thin?

After all, if you can call me an old bitter man-hater just because I hate a man that has no morals, ethics, principles or humanity then you should know more about me, don't you think?

I don't recall him saying "quarter million jobs created last month", but we are experiencing "biggest wage growth in a decade" and "productivity up" is a fact.
Poetic license. ;)

Trump in NO WAY makes my decisions for me , dude. I don't like the way he acts personally sometimes but y'know the politicians THAT DO act all nice and PC have done nothing but at worst, **** things up, at best maintain the status quo for their own personal gain. There are 3 easy reasons I voted for Trump: 1. I want the supreme court to be more strict constitutionalism. that's almost impossible by voting modern Democratic party. 2. he is an outsider who can shake things up. he has done that. 3. he might try to pass the policies of his I like instead of just talking about them for votes.. check, on a lot of things he has done that.

1 thing I ABSOLUTELY do not do though, and I am sure almost no one does, is use him as a moral yardstick for their own personal morality.. someone that does that with ANY politician has to be one messed up individual.

Good post Hypothetical, I mean really.

The last paragraph iof your message is important though as the "moral yardstick" is what it is all about. Moral yardsticks vary from person to person and from culture to culture but you need to remember that our moral yardstick was built originally by our forefathers (which by the way were the ones that wrote the Constitution that you so much want to protect) and their moral yardstick includes respect for one another, the right to life, liberty, and happiness for all. They were the ones that built the type of government that we have were there were checks and balances through the Justice Department, the Executive Office and Congress and it was their intention that fairness and the rights of all would be protected this way. This was all done for the benefit of all of us and most of it was based on Morals and Justice.

So when does a President that wants to get rid of the press (get rid of Freedom of the Press), who wants the Justice department head to be "on his side" and is morally reprehensible to anyone that is of a different opinion than his be considered as something that our forefathers wanted?

Your love for the Constitution does not support your support for Trump. They are at odds with each other because on one hand you believe Trump is working for our economic benefit but on the other hand you agree that he does not fulfill the moral yardstick.

You can't have both unless you are untrue to your own beliefs.

Amazing things can happen when you unshackle American workers, when you unshackle American business, when you unshackle American innovation and entrepreneurship from the yoke of destructive federal regulations.

The video here included is worth a million words.

It is what Trump should be stimulating and yet he stimulates exactly the opposite.

This is a must-watch video. It shows what having humanity means. Something that Trump does not have!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT-HBl2TVtI

I actually love this video. I'm a little shocked by the negative reactions to it.

'Tis the season to be bitchy, I guess, lol!

Yup, that is what I am. An old and bitter man-hater. By the way, if you know me so well, what is my name? Am I white, black, brown? Am I American, am I illegal, am I Latino, am I Japanese, Swedish, or perhaps Russian? Am I tall, short, heavy or thin?

After all, if you can call me an old bitter man-hater just because I hate a man that has no morals, ethics, principles or humanity then you should know more about me, don't you think?
What do ANY of those have to do with your 1. Hypocrisy or your 2. bitterness, not as a ol man hater, but like an ol man hater?

None of those are determinative of either of those two traits... just so you know.

I knew you were confused, I just misjudged the depth. My bad.

Last edited:
Good post Hypothetical, I mean really.

The last paragraph iof your message is important though as the "moral yardstick" is what it is all about. Moral yardsticks vary from person to person and from culture to culture but you need to remember that our moral yardstick was built originally by our forefathers (which by the way were the ones that wrote the Constitution that you so much want to protect) and their moral yardstick includes respect for one another, the right to life, liberty, and happiness for all. They were the ones that built the type of government that we have were there were checks and balances through the Justice Department, the Executive Office and Congress and it was their intention that fairness and the rights of all would be protected this way. This was all done for the benefit of all of us and most of it was based on Morals and Justice.

So when does a President that wants to get rid of the press (get rid of Freedom of the Press), who wants the Justice department head to be "on his side" and is morally reprehensible to anyone that is of a different opinion than his be considered as something that our forefathers wanted?

Your love for the Constitution does not support your support for Trump. They are at odds with each other because on one hand you believe Trump is working for our economic benefit but on the other hand you agree that he does not fulfill the moral yardstick.

You can't have both unless you are untrue to your own beliefs.

I have to disagree with that conclusion Luckyone, for very good reasons. Yes I do agree with the point that we should all respect each other, and I don't like Trumps lashing out at others at times, as I have said. I am ALL about Life, liberty and happiness for every single citizen our country and I welcome every immigrant who comes here in a legal fashion and hope they also can achieve those lofty goals as an american citizen.

however, I do not believe Trump to have any real power to affect the 1st amendment, at all.. the checks and balances are working great... assuming of course that you believe he means to really try to do so. If he were to try , i would be the first in line to protest, help impeach and run him out of office. I doubt very seriously that he will though.

instead, one way the president CAN indirectly affect the constitution and our laws is by the type of justices they appoint... and as evidenced, Trump has appointed one who I understand is a VERY good constitutionalist judge, which makes me happy because democrat politicians have been all to willing to appoint those who would "modernize" the constitution and legislate from the bench instead of trying to change it in the proper way, therefore I most certainly can say my voting is not at odds with my belief system in any way.

now that we have the constitution being interpreted pretty much along strict lines as I like, I'd really like to vote democrat to try to get some form of single payer healthcare and reduce the power of corporatism... but that party needs to get rid of what seems to me to be mainstream radicalism first.

Last edited:
and also, did you know that our forefathers faced a lot of corruption in their politics just as we do... there are instances of old time BEATINGS of senators in the senate halls because they voted against something or another senator wanted? have you ever heard of that?

it's not how great the people were back then but how BRILLIANT the framework they gave us is, that keeps our politics in line with what is great about America.

Last edited:
You have a point (probably the only one I have seen from you).

It is a targeted OP but then again it is what I believe by the repeated contacts I have had with many Trump supporters such as yourself. Being on the message board has led me to believe that Trump supporters generally "do not understand". In all the posts either addressed to me or ones that I have read, I have yet to find more than one or two Trump supporters that could truly debate the issues with truth and understanding.

On many occasions I have agreed to the pluses that Trump has brought though I have tried to point out the negatives that outweigh the positives, meaning that at least I give credit where credit is due. Few of the Trump supporters have done the same. Trump is the best thing that ever happened to the U.S. is what I hear all the time and none of the negatives, of which there are many and bad, have the Trump Supporters agreed to. No debate is possible if truth isn't the basis of the debate and therefore, I feel that most of Trump Supporters here "don't understand" and why my OP is titled that way.

Good. Then you understand why I said **** off.

What do ANY of those have to do with your 1. Hypocrisy or your 2. bitterness, not as a ol man hater, but like an ol man hater?

None of those are determinative of either of those two traits... just so you know.

I knew you were confused, I just misjudged the depth. My bad.

No problem, we evidently do not have a basis for communication and that is fine with me.

By the way, the least thing I am is confused. In fact, after 50 years of studying people (and by the way, being quite successful at it), the least thing I am is confused. If I was confused I would never have become such a good salesman. Confused salesmen do not become successful simply because they are not able to read people, read what it is that they want and desire.

So in considering your post, I would have to say that it is you that is "confused", especially given that I am far from being bitter (though I do accept that I am old). Bitter people are not able to generate others to love them and I am adored by my wife and loved by many. Have you ever considered that perhaps the reality is that I am right about Trump and that it is he (and you) that is confused, hateful, and a bad person?

Ever considered it?

I have to disagree with that conclusion Luckyone, for very good reasons. Yes I do agree with the point that we should all respect each other, and I don't like Trumps lashing out at others at times, as I have said. I am ALL about Life, liberty and happiness for every single citizen our country and I welcome every immigrant who comes here in a legal fashion and hope they also can achieve those lofty goals as an american citizen.

however, I do not believe Trump to have any real power to affect the 1st amendment, at all.. the checks and balances are working great... assuming of course that you believe he means to really try to do so. If he were to try , i would be the first in line to protest, help impeach and run him out of office. I doubt very seriously that he will though.

instead, one way the president CAN indirectly affect the constitution and our laws is by the type of justices they appoint... and as evidenced, Trump has appointed one who I understand is a VERY good constitutionalist judge, which makes me happy because democrat politicians have been all to willing to appoint those who would "modernize" the constitution and legislate from the bench instead of trying to change it in the proper way, therefore I most certainly can say my voting is not at odds with my belief system in any way.

now that we have the constitution being interpreted pretty much along strict lines as I like, I'd really like to vote democrat to try to get some form of single payer healthcare and reduce the power of corporatism... but that party needs to get rid of what seems to me to be mainstream radicalism first.

First of all, let me say that I am enjoying conversing with you. You are one of the few Trump supporters that seems to be talking reality and not cult-like love (Trump is everything we want).

I have one comment about your post given that you seem to believe strongly in our Constitution. I do too but I try to understand that our Constitution was written 240 years ago and the world is not the same as before. Weapons are different, technology is different, ways to affect people are different, and even the problems affecting the world are different (given the population is huge) and as such, there are things about the Constitution that should reflect those changes. People are no different so what the Constitution says about the rights of people should remain as is. As such, some things should be changed but then only through going through the process that is needed to change them.

On another topic that you mention as well, you say that you would be against Trump if he were to try to change the checks and balances that were put on by our forefathers and I have to strongly opine that it is exactly what he is trying to do. He is attacking the Press (freedom of speech), he is trying to get the Justice Department to be "on his side". He is trying to influence both the Senate and the House to vote his way by strongly attacking those that vote differently than what he wants, meaning that he is not allowing for opposite ideas (if they exist in his own party) to be heard. He debases and abases his own people when they even try. Last but not least, he has not surrounded himself with wise and smart people given that he does not want advice but simply to do what he wants (he has nothing but yes men around him). This is all in conflict with the tenets of the Constitution where our forefathers tried to put in a system when wrong doing was prevented by the checks and balances that they built. Right now, the House and the Senate are no more than "yes men" to Trump as his cabinet is.

For these reasons I disagree with your assessment of what is happening regarding the checks and balances that you strongly believe in as I do.

Last edited:
You do realize you are actually speaking of the former president, his first 41 speeches as president, he mentioned himself 1,198 times, never anything positive unless it was about him.

That my friend is a lie which brings me to a man who lies on a daily basis, name calls on a daily basis, blames everything that happens on someone else. I could go on but I have better things to do. You have a nice Saturday.

No problem, we evidently do not have a basis for communication and that is fine with me.

By the way, the least thing I am is confused. In fact, after 50 years of studying people (and by the way, being quite successful at it), the least thing I am is confused. If I was confused I would never have become such a good salesman. Confused salesmen do not become successful simply because they are not able to read people, read what it is that they want and desire.

So in considering your post, I would have to say that it is you that is "confused", especially given that I am far from being bitter (though I do accept that I am old). Bitter people are not able to generate others to love them and I am adored by my wife and loved by many. Have you ever considered that perhaps the reality is that I am right about Trump and that it is he (and you) that is confused, hateful, and a bad person?

Ever considered it?
What comes to mind, have you ever heard of it, is a term known as idiot savantry. You are confused alright... too confused to know you are confused... so semi not to blame.

Oh, and I am now somehow hateful and a bad person as well as the innocent DJT... nice.

TDS, that mean anything to you at all, either?

Back
Top Bottom