• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flynn apologizes after admitting he may have discussed sanctions with Russia

Flynn has resigned.
I was so right!

Hearing the political heads discussing it, I firmly believe Trump should have fired him last month when the White House first found out about it. Yesterday Kellyanne Conway (who I used to admire) said Flynn had the full support of the President. If the President was warned a month ago that Flynn's actions could result in bribery, he (Trump) should have protected the United States right then and there. But he didn't. This is a terrible stain on Trump.

The only one right now I respect is Mike Pence.

So?

Some guy shouldn't talk to the Russians about some stupid sanctions that shouldn't have existed anyhow?

Ok. Sweet.

I think a bigger problem is he lied to Pence, at least twice, and sent Pence out to embarrass himself by passing along Flynn's lies. I'm not sure how anyone thinks he can function in the administration when he does that and cannot be trusted to tell the truth the the inner circle.

Hearing the political heads discussing it, I firmly believe Trump should have fired him last month when the White House first found out about it. Yesterday Kellyanne Conway (who I used to admire) said Flynn had the full support of the President. If the President was warned a month ago that Flynn's actions could result in bribery, he (Trump) should have protected the United States right then and there. But he didn't. This is a terrible stain on Trump.

The only one right now I respect is Mike Pence.

After looking Flynn up on the internet and taking that info with a grain of salt it sounds as he has always been a bit of a loose canon.

It is puzzling why the White House is being cozy with Russia. I realize we must deal with them as another powerful country but you can't fully trust them.
Russia has a completely different culture than us and one must use caution in dealing with them.

Perfect time to replace him with John Bolton, who should already be in this cabinet somehow.

John Bolton...that freak show?

Figures a Trumpbot would want that whackjob.

I prefer Flynn over Bolton - even with his lying.

Lying I can look past. Being half insane I cannot.

They never had strong evidence on Reagan, it appears they do on Flynn

Well, no doubt, and if he was guilty of breaking the law, then he must be prosecuted, I have no problem with that....All I am saying is that so far there seems to be very little pointing to that conclusion...And in this time of the opposition making mountains out of everything possible, we have to be cautious in what accusations we believe...

I doubt it will be, he will step down and if required, which I doubt get a pardon.

Ok, Stepping down is fine, but in that case one can't conclude that he broke any laws, rather appearances were such that he couldn't be affiliated with the administration...not good, but a far cry from anything criminal...

Only if they're against the opposition party, as you've seen the last six plus years.

You're not keeping up with the coward Chaffetz, who was told by trump not to bring up OVERSIGHT in their meeting .

Well, I certainly hope that congress figures out again how to govern without "taking orders" from the executive....We are supposed to have 3 separate branches.....So, if Chaffetz won't investigate, I'd stand with you in demanding it....

Are the words Liberal Democrats supposed to mean something bad in yer context?

No, not at all...No more so that me referring to the opposite side as "Conservative Republicans".... The question is, do YOU think that being referred to as a "Liberal Democrat" is a bad thing?

You now have seen a press conference where trump has screened all the questions.

Are you really throwing that out there as if over the past eight years, and longer that Presidential staff haven't set up the press with questions, or that the press hasn't colluded in how they were going to ask questions?

trump and his kabal handlers have reached an alt-reich level .

You started out by asking me if "Liberal Democrat" was meant in a derogatory way, yet there is NO other way to take this sentence....Nothing in the sentence to address with substance really.

Wow, you sure have an inflated view of Trump, despite all the lies and deceit.

Nah, I wouldn't say I have an inflated view...Maybe just a less than favorable view of Democrats, Liberals, and those down the chain of 'grievance mongers', and 'violence fomenters', that are currently being organized by our former President to sabotage the current one before he can get his legs under him...

Like I said, trying to make everything another '_______gate' will backfire....

Someone in the WH knew Flynn lied. No evidence that it was Trump, but they need to identify who did know, and if it wasn't Trump, it's in his interest to get rid of that person as well. His advisors need to keep him informed at all times.

Speaking of which, here is one conservative columnist's opinion:

The folly of casting anyone – let alone General Flynn, an incoming National Security Advisor – as violator of this important-sounding, but utterly obsolete and toothless Logan Act would be funny enough, if it were not being dressed up in congressional outrage, with somber questions like – yes – “what did he know, and when did he know it?” Watergate already, really?

How about who knew that the Logan Act was a patent, indefensible non-story from the get-go, and when did they know it? And why did they pursue it? And why did the media give this lark prime time coverage? And when did free speech or casual conversation with foreign nationals, on unclassified topics, become illegal and unconstitutional? Especially for an incoming administration, about to be jumped for being unprepared? Where is the sense of injustice toward General Flynn? Stop the Logan Act Nonsense ? Respect General Flynn - Robert Charles

Morining bene...That is an excellent point...We have to keep in mind that this is all an organized plot against the current administration, and demand proof for every charge....

Someone in the WH knew Flynn lied. No evidence that it was Trump, but they need to identify who did know, and if it wasn't Trump, it's in his interest to get rid of that person as well. His advisors need to keep him informed at all times.

Morning Tres, So, you think there was someone else? So where does it stop? in that case wasn't Mac77 right? It just keeps going?

Morning Tres, So, you think there was someone else? So where does it stop? in that case wasn't Mac77 right? It just keeps going?

Hi j-mac, not sure what you mean by "someone else"? Someone in the White House found out last month that Flynn lied. No idea who that person is. This should have been handled last month. I think it stops when that person is very publicly fired by Trump.

Flynn lied. Then rephrased it and now he is apologizing for it. But some will drop in here and still say he did nothing wrong.

It was technically illegal for him to do so, right?

Man, had someone in Obama's cabinet done this, I think the usual suspects would be screaming bloody murder.

Hi j-mac, not sure what you mean by "someone else"? Someone in the White House found out last month that Flynn lied. No idea who that person is. This should have been handled last month. I think it stops when that person is very publicly fired by Trump.

Well, I hope so...All this manufactured outrage is, while entertaining, hard to keep up with...But I agree, if there is someone who knew that Flynn was trying to cover up anything and they themselves kept quiet, then they should go too...After all this has to be bigger than just trying to protect any one person, it is about the country.

Well, I hope so...All this manufactured outrage is, while entertaining, hard to keep up with...But I agree, if there is someone who knew that Flynn was trying to cover up anything and they themselves kept quiet, then they should go too...After all this has to be bigger than just trying to protect any one person, it is about the country.

I'm not sure this is manufactured outrage. Someone lied to Mike Pence, who subsequently lied, on the record, on camera. That was a terrible thing to do to a good man.

I actually feel sorry for Trump today because I think he's in for a major firestorm, and his "people" aren't helping him at all. And Kellyanne Conway never should have said what she did yesterday.

Man, had someone in Obama's cabinet done this, I think the usual suspects would be screaming bloody murder.

Morning Ikari...I am just wondering, there are reports surfacing now that Obama, and OFA with some 32K members strong, are behind all the 'astroturf' protests, and some of the violence. If that is true what are your thoughts on that?

I'm not as concerned with what he did (talking to them about the sanctions). What concerns me is he either lied to Pence or he is too forgetful. Too bad, too, because I admire Flynn otherwise.

Either way grounds for:

Your fired!!

I'm not sure this is manufactured outrage. Someone lied to Mike Pence, who subsequently lied, on the record, on camera. That was a terrible thing to do to a good man.

I actually feel sorry for Trump today because I think he's in for a major firestorm, and his "people" aren't helping him at all. And Kellyanne Conway never should have said what she did yesterday.

Yeah, I think you are spot on here, and might I say it is spooky....As I was reading this, on Fox and Friends was a clip of Kellyanne saying "That really was the lynch pin here, that he either forgot, couldn't fully recall, or, outwardly misled the VP, and others when he was characterizing a conversation he had with the Russian ambassador, and I think that the issue became increasingly unsustainable, and he decided to resign..."

Now, I think that some will jump on that statement and point out that there are a couple of troubling things in there, but over all, I think that is exactly what happened, is that Flynn along with the President and the VP decided that this couldn't go further...I mean after all, how many big fights can you have at one time?

LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!

During the campaign I believe it was Flynn that was leading that cheer about Hillary declaring SHE put our nation's security at risk.

"You know why we are saying that? We're saying that if I, a guy who knows this business, if I did a tenth, a tenth of what she (Hillary) did, I would be in jail today."​

Idiotic ginormous hypocrital piece of crap.

Last edited:
John Bolton...that freak show?

Figures a Trumpbot would want that whackjob.

I prefer Flynn over Bolton - even with his lying.

Lying I can look past. Being half insane I cannot.

Now I want Bolton twice as much.

LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!
LoCK HIM UP!

During the campaign I believe it was Flynn that was leading that cheer about Hillary declaring SHE put our nation's security at risk.

"You know why we are saying that? We're saying that if I, a guy who knows this business, if I did a tenth, a tenth of what she (Hillary) did, I would be in jail today."​

Idiotic ginormous hypocrital piece of crap.

It's just the hyperpartisan nature of our political structure now. When one's side does wrong, shrug it off. But if the other side does something similar, scream bloody murder. There's no consistency or integrity left.

Morning Ikari...I am just wondering, there are reports surfacing now that Obama, and OFA with some 32K members strong, are behind all the 'astroturf' protests, and some of the violence. If that is true what are your thoughts on that?

Love to see those reports. But you have to recognize that having political groups behind a movement or protests doesn't actually delegitimize those protests. The Tea party had big money backing from the get go - including active and enthusiastic support by various Fox News people, talk radio, and groups headed by Dick Armey among many others.

Back
Top Bottom