• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI investig. continues into 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump Org.

Re: FBI investig. continues into 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump O

Even if it is true that he told Congress - that is irrelevant to whether or not he commited a crime. The law says he must register with the Department of Justice.

I personally don't even care if they arrest Flynn. The man sitting in the Oval Office trusted this dishonest piece of garbage with our most precious national secrets without vetting him even a little bit. And he's still sitting there. This should give everyone a lot of concern about Trump and his judgment and associations.

Re: FBI investig. continues into 'odd' computer link between Russian bank and Trump O

how many rimes was flynn in attendance at tRump campaign stops when the donald would extol his commitment to eliminating the revolving door by preventing his staff from subsequently being eligible to work as lobbyists

He was at Trump's side for months, joined at the hip with him, leading the chants of "Lock her up!", while he was lobbying on behalf of a nation that is hostile to the United States. And then Trump has him in there, listening to our deepest darkest state secrets, letting him lie to Pence, and then keeping him around for weeks. And what happened to "vetting" and "lobbying is bad" and all that?

This story is even darker than most people think it is.

From the article:

Maybe that's why DeVos got the nomination for Secretary of Education?

That thought briefly crossed my mind when I read about that computer located in rural town in Pennsylvania.

I mean why did that Russian bank and the medical chain led by Dick DeVos continue contacting the same computer hundreds ...(in the case of the bank thousands) of times within 6 months?

It does sound like it could be a little more than coincidence but it just could just be business dealings too.

Which could mean Trump knows Dick DeVos through business deals even if not personally and of course The DeVos family has donated millions of dollars to persons running on the repubician ticket for political offices.

Last edited:

It's not fake news as they are still looking into this connection. However, that connection may not be what people think it is.

This isn't going to be a smoking gun. From the article:

Hasn't the Left been saying that no warrant was ever issued to monitor this server?

He was not registered at the time - which is a felony. But he won't be arrested for it. Just as he won't be arrested and charged for the other felony he committed - lying to the FBI about his communications with the Russian Ambassador.

How do you know he lied to the FBI?

Do you not know everything put out by CNN is invented.

Including the weather and sports?

Interesting.

What would Flynn be charged with? He didn't do anything illegal and supposedly he registered himself and this was all on the up and up from a reporting perspective. Why would he be arrested?

I dont know. Hence the IF.

Flynn discloses lobbying that may have helped Turkey

Is it worth looking into? Probably. They are already in the attic with the investigations. May as wipe the window while they are there.

I would like to find out if he signed on to the no lobbying for five years deal.

Would-Be Trump Appointees Say ‘No Thanks’ Due to Lobbying Ban
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-09/would-be-trump-appointees-say-no-thanks-due-to-lobbying-ban

I am glad hes weeding out these guys. We just need that in all government agencies.

Hasn't the Left been saying that no warrant was ever issued to monitor this server?

I am an Independent but I thought I posted on a few Trump Tower Phone Tapping threads with you where I pointed out the FISA warrent request was for a server not for tapping phones in Trump Tower

From post 6

"Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

I posted on a few of Trump Tower phones being wire tapped treads that the article I read about FISA warrant second request was to collect data from a sever regarding contacts with a couple of Russian banks ....not phones."

They wanted to look at emails and documents .
The first [FISA] request, which, sources say, named Trump, was denied back in June, but the second was drawn more narrowly and was granted in October after evidence was presented of a server, possibly related to the Trump campaign, and its alleged links to two banks; [sic] SVB Bank and Russia’s Alfa Bank. While the Times story speaks of metadata, sources suggest that a FISA warrant was granted to look at the full content of emails and other related documents that may concern US persons."

Read more at: Obama & FISA: Trump Wiretap May Have Been Sought | National Review

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...en-russian-bank-and-trump.html#post1066971973

Last edited:

Including the weather and sports?

Interesting.

If it's a lie when Fox reports it, then it is a lie when CNN reports it.

Because Wapo said so?

Because he told the FBI that he did not discuss sanctions with the Russian Ambassador and the transcripts reveal that he did.

Because he told the FBI that he did not discuss sanctions with the Russian Ambassador and the transcripts reveal that he did.

Do you have a link to the interview, or are we just supposed to take Wapo's word for it?

You don't know that. What part of that don't you understand?

It's not fake news as they are still looking into this connection. However, that connection may not be what people think it is.

This isn't going to be a smoking gun. From the article:

It's fake news, bro. The headlines make it seem much more ominous than it is, it preys on your ignorance of technology, then admits it's old news and there is likely nothing here... Recycled #fakenews

It's not fake news. This is an actual investigation going on, is it not?

And who knows if this is evidence of collusion. Your guess is as good as mine. There isn't really much to go on here, other than "ooh, it's suspicious sounding".

It's a simple NSLOOKUP of an ip. That's all, the other server, did not respond. There was no two way communication, and the article has to admit. there is nothing there. but it throws in all sorts of nonsensical speculation that preys on the readers ignorance of how this stuff works.

I know it's not "Evidence of collusion" because it was an unencrypted NSLOOKUP. "Who are you?" Reply: "I am xxxx.xxx.com", That's it. There is no story here other than to fool you into thinking it's another example of collusion.

it's recycled trash.

Do you have a reason to believe that CNN invented the story that the FBI investigation is still open?

What the hell are you on about now?

The article alleges only that the investigation is ongoing and if that's true it's not fake news. Your question presents a false choice.

And it would be odd to have proof AND an ongoing investigation, that the article itself says has reached no conclusions. Did you read the story at all or did you just want to pose a false choice as an excuse to whinge about CNN?

It's fake news because it's recycled news, in an attempt to have the stupid reader believe the headline, put the thought in your brain. have you think there is something new here.

This is a story of one server doing an NSLookup of another. It's not a story. but fill it up with speculation and buzzwords wile admitting it's flawed and probably nothing begs the question. if it's nothing, why write a new article suggesting it is, and it isn't at the same time?

From the article:

Maybe that's why DeVos got the nomination for Secretary of Education?

Or, it could be a simple anti-spam service verifying SPF records. but no, you are probably right, there is some grand collusive reason one server did an NSlookup more than another. /facepalm

It is neither proof or fake news. It is a news story. It should not be taken as truth nor dismissed as false, but read, considered and cross checked to other news.

It's a recycled story about one server asking another server who they are.... the internet does that all the time. They are counting on you to read the headline, put it in your subconscious. brew the hate.

btw, some guy "tea leaves" disseminated this information. One has to ask how he did this and under who's authority? Is it authentic? note CNN barely touches on this.

Back
Top Bottom