• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources

Re: Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sou

What's funny is that in all this time you could have read the OP several hundred times over. Instead you've taken all this time to avoid reading it even once.

Re: Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sou

First, if I misinterpreted the meaning of your post, I apologize.

Second, don't be a jerk and demand anything from me Chomsky. If you don't like my posts, move on.
Fair enough, and accepted. Likewise for me, if I displayed abrasiveness or harshness.

I try not to skip-over posts, because I believe they deserve a response. And regardless of our differing positions taken, yours often have good content.

But yeah, sometimes passing on disagreeing POV's might not be a bad idea.

Have a good one!

Fair enough, and accepted. Likewise for me, if I displayed abrasiveness or harshness.

I try not to skip-over posts, because I believe they deserve a response. And regardless of our differing positions taken, yours often have good content.

But yeah, sometimes passing on disagreeing POV's might not be a bad idea.

Have a good one!

Glad we cleared that up. I respect your opinions, no matter how wrong many are. :2razz:

Yes, like most international businessmen Trump has a lot of businesses and friends in Russia and other foreign countries. But after a year long hundred million dollar investigation there is not a micron of evidence of any wrongdoing on his part.

The "Trump Campaign colluded with Russia to win the Election" concept doesn't even rise to the level of Conspiracy Theory, it's Just an obvious politically motivated LIE, and it has been from day one.

I don't have to mention Clinton to totally discredit this allegations against Trump. All I have to do is point out that after the most intense investigation in US history there is more evidence Bigfoot exists than wrongdoing by the Trump Campaign. That Dems are reduced to going after Flynn over things not even related to Trump and not actual law violations themselves. That the only law violations and wrongdoing revealed were against Trump not by him, committed by the Obama Administration and now Comey. On May 3, Comey testified under oath that he has never been ordered to end an investigation for political purposes. If Comey actually thought Trump was trying to obstruct justice he committed a felony punishable with 3 years in prison for not reporting to the DOJ in a timely manner, and it doesn't even matter if Trump himself were charged with a crime.

You are right Hillary is no longer relevant. But if she had won it most likely would have been as bad for America in the long run as losing the Revolutionary War or a Nuke Exchange with the USSR. Wikileaks released info that she planned to change everything: outlawing press she doesn't like, repealing amendments, finding ways to jail political opponents. Just think Hillary lost and Democrats are still trying do these things, the only difference is they don't have the direct power.

Huzzah, you don't have to mention clinton. Guess what? The person I was responding to did. Try staying on topic. Bringing up Clinton is deflection.

And that last paragraph is likely the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. A Hillary Presidency would have been almost the same travesty the Trump Presidency is turning out to be, but we would have survived it. Just like we'll survive the Trump Presidency, a bit battered and bruised, but we'll survive.

Yeah, I think these guys arrogantly played fast and loose with rules.

Trump was born into privilege and power. Similar to his billionaire buddies. And those in his circle close to him that are not extremely wealthy, have risen to the highest heights of political power and are in the process of attaining wealth through their political position. Confer Corey Lewandowski, Micheal Flynn, Paul Manaforte, et al. They are exactly the problem with Washington: Arrogant wealth and power accrued through through the political process, off the backs of the working man.

I still leave open the possibility of collusion, though I think it's more likely they simply broke some rules along the way. In private business when you break rules, you have lawyers, money, and accountants make the ramifications go away. That is Trump's m.o., and his world-view from the cradle. It's how he got out of his racial discrimination housing cases in NYC very early in his career, and the m.o. he continued forward with through all the years. The mpost recent example may be Trump University. He has indeed lived a highly privileged life.

That privileged m.o. even worked in his campaign and in certain aspects of office. But now with a special prosecutor, he and his cohorts may pay the price. What might have been overlooked while they flew under the radar, will now be given intense legal scrutiny. And that's what Trump fears. Likely for good reason. It's the legal equivalent to the political ramifications of releasing his tax returns. There's so much there in volume, and so much skirting the grey, that there's very likely to be some problem somewhere.

Excellent post with many insightful observations..... (especially since I agree with them ;)). To use a baseball metaphor, many in the Trump economic class were born on third base, their Daddy owned the team, hired the opposition to play them and paid the umpires to boot. When they crossed the plate as the leftfielder "lost the ball in the sun" everyone was paid to go wild and cheer and the other players hoisted him up on their shoulders proclaiming their great hero. That is Trump and too many others in the silk diaper set.

They grew up with the rules in their favor and learned how to change them if necessary when the game got too honest for their bluenosed sensibilities.

And if it meant breaking the rules that could not be changed, they quickly learned how to get away with that also - your example of Trump lawsuits and Trump University fits perfectly.

In the end, I strongly suspect Trump will eagerly throw just about anybody outside the family under the bus and his last line of defense will amount to 'yes, these bastards who ran my campaign did all these terrible things with the Russians but I had nothing to do with it'. And I also suspect the Trumpkins will accept that and defend that position.

LOL!!!

According to a source that you might recognize, YOU JUST LOST THE DEBATE!!!!

I did not attack Reuters, I simply stated fact....Don't like it? too bad.

Yup. You're welcome to your alternative reality and fantasy land facts.

I'll stick with what's real, thanks.

Whatever helps you through the day pal.

Too bad Trump lied about it. Which you would know if you were informed and had read the article.

You say he lied, you want to believe he lied but since he had the authority so what? That article does nothing to change the true facts on this issue

Excellent post with many insightful observations..... (especially since I agree with them ;)). To use a baseball metaphor, many in the Trump economic class were born on third base, their Daddy owned the team, hired the opposition to play them and paid the umpires to boot. When they crossed the plate as the leftfielder "lost the ball in the sun" everyone was paid to go wild and cheer and the other players hoisted him up on their shoulders proclaiming their great hero. That is Trump and too many others in the silk diaper set.

They grew up with the rules in their favor and learned how to change them if necessary when the game got too honest for their bluenosed sensibilities.

And if it meant breaking the rules that could not be changed, they quickly learned how to get away with that also - your example of Trump lawsuits and Trump University fits perfectly.

In the end, I strongly suspect Trump will eagerly throw just about anybody outside the family under the bus and his last line of defense will amount to 'yes, these bastards who ran my campaign did all these terrible things with the Russians but I had nothing to do with it'. And I also suspect the Trumpkins will accept that and defend that position.
Agreed.

My gut feeling is that whatever rules were broken, Trump tacitly approved or looked the other way. And by 'rules', I'm not speaking of specific things like collusion, but rather 'rules in general'. I do find it hard to believe Trump himself would collude with Russia, or even arrange political WikiLeak's releases against Clinton - if it were even possible.

But I do think his staff could've played fast and loose with rules, and perhaps got cozy with Russia in some manner. And like we are seeing in his handling of the Flynn situation, I wouldn't put it past Trump to allow this stuff to go on.

But there is a possible dastardly side this, too. The campaign's 18 unreported and unauthorized contacts with Russia are troubling. That they include Flynn, and we see Trump going way out of his way to protect Flynn despite his being warned about him, really raises big-time red flags. Thank God we now have an indie prosecutor.

Reference: Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources

That is correct. We do know that he shared the intelligence to brag that he was President and had access to lots of hot classified information.

You don't know that, either. :lamo

Huzzah, you don't have to mention clinton. Guess what? The person I was responding to did. Try staying on topic. Bringing up Clinton is deflection.

And that last paragraph is likely the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. A Hillary Presidency would have been almost the same travesty the Trump Presidency is turning out to be, but we would have survived it. Just like we'll survive the Trump Presidency, a bit battered and bruised, but we'll survive.
I think much of America knew the choices and ramifications here, what seems to be borne-out in the present reality:

We either risk dramatic implosion with Trump, hoping to break the political establishment cycle. Or we have HRC continue down the drip-drip-drip path of Dem establishment global plutocratic oligarchy.

Bernie was the guy we needed - without the Dems! :(

You say he lied, you want to believe he lied but since he had the authority so what? That article does nothing to change the true facts on this issue

Ah. "He lied but so what."

How far Republicans have come from year ago when they accused Clinton of being "The Queen of Lies."

Ah. "He lied but so what."

How far Republicans have come from year ago when they accused Clinton of being "The Queen of Lies."

Clinton lied under oath but apparently you don't grasp the difference

Pointing out that Leftist like you will ignore, lie about and cover up the real crimes of Democrats like Clinton while celebrating fake allegations witch hunts of Republicans like President Trump is not a deflection it's exposing your dishonest hipracity.

Trump is nothing like what I described. Every relevant action he has taken has reduced the power of the Federal Govt. News outlets like CNN, MSNBC, NYT lie about him with every breath, yet he has taken no action against them whereas Democrats are actually trying to shut down media they disagree with.

Over the last two months in America has had the best overall we have had in 10 years. It would not have happened under Hillary and its what is actually being deflected attention from.

Pointing out that Leftist like you will ignore, lie about and cover up the real crimes of Democrats like Clinton while celebrating fake allegations witch hunts of Republicans like President Trump is not a deflection it's exposing your dishonest hipracity.

Trump is nothing like what I described. Every relevant action he has taken has reduced the power of the Federal Govt. News outlets like CNN, MSNBC, NYT lie about him with every breath, yet he has taken no action against them whereas Democrats are actually trying to shut down media they disagree with.

Over the last two months in America has had the best overall we have had in 10 years. It would not have happened under Hillary and its what is actually being deflected attention from.

Deflect deflect deflect.

I am not "covering up" anything. I merely stated the "Hillary Did It" excuse is deflection. Which it is. Deal with it.

The last 2 months have been the most embarrassing America has had in likely its history as Trump puts at risk the relationships with our allies, and diminishes American global influence.

Clinton lied under oath but apparently you don't grasp the difference

Did she? So what if she did?

Did she? So what if she did?

No, President Clinton lied under oath WHICH IS a violation of the law. No such incident occurred with Trump

So?

so as usual you don't debate, you make baseless charges that ignore the reality. Why don't you tell the entire group why you are here and your basic goal which is to spread as much misinformation as possible to the minion of good little liberal robots who are ignorant and have no understanding of the law or basic civics thus easily manipulated. Just another anti Trump thread that appeals to the poorly informed

so as usual you don't debate, you make baseless charges that ignore the reality. Why don't you tell the entire group why you are here and your basic goal which is to spread as much misinformation as possible to the minion of good little liberal robots who are ignorant and have no understanding of the law or basic civics thus easily manipulated. Just another anti Trump thread that appeals to the poorly informed

Your emotional temper tantrum is noted, and I accept your defeat.

Whatever helps you through the day pal.

Reality helps me through the day.

You should consider checking it out some day.

Your emotional temper tantrum is noted, and I accept your defeat.

You can also accept the fact that you are now on ignore. No sense dealing with another radical incapable of debate

No, President Clinton lied under oath WHICH IS a violation of the law. No such incident occurred with Trump

Lying under oath alone isn't sufficient to prove perjury.

Lying under oath alone isn't sufficient to prove perjury.

Only in the leftwing liberal world. You try it in court

Back
Top Bottom