• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources

Re: Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sou

Again, somebody didn't read the first post. (That person is you).

I find it amusing how people keep pointing that out, as if you didn't already acknowledge it.

Re: Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sou

Deep Throat was a mysterious unnamed source.

The only reason we know as much as we do about Trump, is due to mysterious unnamed sources. It's not like he tells us the truth. You gotta be willfully ignorant to believe that the stuff coming out of the white house holds more credibility.

1)Discussing with Russians future economic deals.
2)Discussing with Russians run-arounds to Obama's policies (we know this one already)
3)It could be "Oh crap, we actually won, what do we do now? How do we deal with all the blatant collusion??"

I vote 1,2, and definitely 3.

Yeah, maybe they just liked to hang out together. :lol:

Yeah, and maybe they were having the normal diplomatic contacts every new administration has. No maybes, that is actually what they were doing.

Yeah, and maybe they were having the normal diplomatic contacts every new administration has. No maybes, that is actually what they were doing.

During the Campaign?

Nice try though. Points for loyalty.

The only reason we know as much as we do about Trump, is due to mysterious unnamed sources. It's not like he tells us the truth. You gotta be willfully ignorant to believe that the stuff coming out of the white house holds more credibility.

There are a lot of willfully ignorant and gullible fools out there.

Wait...Clinton is President? Crap. Thought it was Trump.

Glad your only excuse is "Clinton Did It", real integrity. lol, partisans.

He/she did not say Hillary is president, Her failing is the greatest thing to happen to America since US winning the Revolution or the fall of the USSR (along with Leftist gaining total permanent power in the US those are the only two things that if they had go wrong could have ended It's/our existence).

He/she was asking how many Russian contacts did the Clinton campaign have?

It must pointed out between Trump and Clintons, the Clintons are the only ones to nefariously profit from Russia. Trump had a couple of Beauty Pageants there and Hillary as Sec of State sold 20% of our uranium production to that nuclear superpower for her own profit, and people like you wanted that Piece of Crap as President.

I can't unknow it, but some of that was illegally exposed. Some of it was illegally exposed by Hillary Clinton.

And I can't unknow that Donald Trump handed highly classified Israeli intelligence to the Russians for no goddamned reason

He/she did not say Hillary is president, Her failing is the greatest thing to happen to America since US winning the Revolution or the fall of the USSR (along with Leftist gaining total permanent power in the US those are the only two things that if they had go wrong could have ended It's/our existence).

He/she was asking how many Russian contacts did the Clinton campaign have?

It must pointed out between Trump and Clintons, the Clintons are the only ones to nefariously profit from Russia. Trump had a couple of Beauty Pageants there and Hillary as Sec of State sold 20% of our uranium production to that nuclear superpower for her own profit, and people like you wanted that Piece of Crap as President.

Please, Trump has plenty of business in Russia and firends who do business.

There's nothing to point of bringing up Clinton other than to deflect criticism from Trump.

And Hillary's failing is the greatest thing to happen to the US since the Revolution? Are you kidding me!!?? Clinton is not that great nor significant. In 80 years, she won't even be a footnote in history.

Again, somebody didn't read the first post. (That person is you).

I did read the post and your source. I'm being charitable and assuming you did not thoroughly read your own source, because that one point defeats you entier argument.

I did read the post

Clearly you did not.

During the Campaign?

Nice try though. Points for loyalty.

Points for willful ignorance and holding double standards.

Russian ambassador met with advisers to Clinton campaign ... - The Hill
Putin aide: Clinton advisers met with Russian ambassador 'lots' of times
Hillary Clinton's team met with Russian ambassador, says Kremlin ...
Clinton contacts also met with Russian ambassador, Putin aide says ...

There are a lot of willfully ignorant and gullible fools out there.

Indeed there are.

And I can't unknow that Donald Trump handed highly classified Israeli intelligence to the Russians for no goddamned reason

You don't know that it was for no goddamned reason. That, is an assumption on your part.

The moment he did, it became unclassified, for one thing.

So Trump shared some intel info so the Russians can prevent another one of their civilian airliners from going down and killing a bunch of people, and this bad somehow?
:roll:

Because he'd rather argue with some silly strawman, than actually address the crux of your argument.
Thanks.

Seems like it.

I also typo'd big time - I skipped putting the word 'read' in the opening topic sentence.

You don't know that it was for no goddamned reason. That, is an assumption on your part.

That is correct. We do know that he shared the intelligence to brag that he was President and had access to lots of hot classified information.

You made this statement in your post:

Was it a quid pro quo for the election help? I suspect perhaps not.​

That statement assumes facts not in evidence. Indeed, it has no basis in fact. Your statement implies that Russia was working in concert with Trump in the first place and this latest activity was simply a part of the "scratch your back in return" arising from that coordinated effort. There is ZERO evidence that took place.

When you make such a statement on a public forum, you shouldn't expect someone is not going to take issue with it.
Are you losing it?

You can't tell my argument was essentially against that you claim? Even while I lay out the realm of potential possibilities? You can't tell that from the larger content, and the specific wording of my post?

Because if not, I can only assume one or more of the following:

1] You are grossly deficient in comprehending my post.

2] You blatantly ignore my post's meaning, for some reason.

3] You feel like messing with me.

Whatever it is, why don't you knock it off? 'Cuz' you're needlessly wasting our time and energy.

Bolded and underlined for your convenience:

There were claims of that before the election, not to mention that there have been multiple articles post Jan. 20 that have also outlined supposed contact between Kislyak and Flynn, Page, Manifort.....So, again what's new?

Ah, so you must be experiencing some comprehension problems, in that case.

There were at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians. That's what was new.

Super glad I could help you out with that.

Nope, try again.

Demonstrably you did not. This is something I've been encountering a lot of lately from Trump supporters: for lack of a defense, they choose simply to ignore the articles altogether.

You sure are going to lengths to not answer the question.

Nope, try again.

Yup. You're welcome to your alternative reality and fantasy land facts.

I'll stick with what's real, thanks.

Are you losing it?

You can't tell my argument was essentially against that you claim? Even while I lay out the realm of potential possibilities? You can't tell that from the larger content, and the specific wording of my post?

Because if not, I can only assume one or more of the following:

1] You are grossly deficient in comprehending my post.

2] You blatantly ignore my post's meaning, for some reason.

3] You feel like messing with me.

Whatever it is, why don't you knock it off? 'Cuz' you're needlessly wasting our time and energy.

First, if I misinterpreted the meaning of your post, I apologize.

Second, don't be a jerk and demand anything from me Chomsky. If you don't like my posts, move on.

Please, Trump has plenty of business in Russia and friends who do business.

There's nothing to point of bringing up Clinton other than to deflect criticism from Trump.

And Hillary's failing is the greatest thing to happen to the US since the Revolution? Are you kidding me!!?? Clinton is not that great nor significant. In 80 years, she won't even be a footnote in history.

Yes, like most international businessmen Trump has a lot of businesses and friends in Russia and other foreign countries. But after a year long hundred million dollar investigation there is not a micron of evidence of any wrongdoing on his part.

The "Trump Campaign colluded with Russia to win the Election" concept doesn't even rise to the level of Conspiracy Theory, it's Just an obvious politically motivated LIE, and it has been from day one.

I don't have to mention Clinton to totally discredit this allegations against Trump. All I have to do is point out that after the most intense investigation in US history there is more evidence Bigfoot exists than wrongdoing by the Trump Campaign. That Dems are reduced to going after Flynn over things not even related to Trump and not actual law violations themselves. That the only law violations and wrongdoing revealed were against Trump not by him, committed by the Obama Administration and now Comey. On May 3, Comey testified under oath that he has never been ordered to end an investigation for political purposes. If Comey actually thought Trump was trying to obstruct justice he committed a felony punishable with 3 years in prison for not reporting to the DOJ in a timely manner, and it doesn't even matter if Trump himself were charged with a crime.

You are right Hillary is no longer relevant. But if she had won it most likely would have been as bad for America in the long run as losing the Revolutionary War or a Nuke Exchange with the USSR. Wikileaks released info that she planned to change everything: outlawing press she doesn't like, repealing amendments, finding ways to jail political opponents. Just think Hillary lost and Democrats are still trying do these things, the only difference is they don't have the direct power.

Last edited:

I suspect there is much truth in your theory. After all, when a professional lady of the evening climbs out of bed after a night with you and you hand her a few hundred dollars, the odds are it was not your witty sense of humor that got her into the sack in the first place. Trump & Tillerson are whores for the money - always have been.
Yeah, I think these guys arrogantly played fast and loose with rules.

Trump was born into privilege and power. Similar to his billionaire buddies. And those in his circle close to him that are not extremely wealthy, have risen to the highest heights of political power and are in the process of attaining wealth through their political position. Confer Corey Lewandowski, Micheal Flynn, Paul Manaforte, et al. They are exactly the problem with Washington: Arrogant wealth and power accrued through through the political process, off the backs of the working man.

I still leave open the possibility of collusion, though I think it's more likely they simply broke some rules along the way. In private business when you break rules, you have lawyers, money, and accountants make the ramifications go away. That is Trump's m.o., and his world-view from the cradle. It's how he got out of his racial discrimination housing cases in NYC very early in his career, and the m.o. he continued forward with through all the years. The mpost recent example may be Trump University. He has indeed lived a highly privileged life.

That privileged m.o. even worked in his campaign and in certain aspects of office. But now with a special prosecutor, he and his cohorts may pay the price. What might have been overlooked while they flew under the radar, will now be given intense legal scrutiny. And that's what Trump fears. Likely for good reason. It's the legal equivalent to the political ramifications of releasing his tax returns. There's so much there in volume, and so much skirting the grey, that there's very likely to be some problem somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom