• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Yesterday I described the scandals as a "fire hose." I now amend that description to "a broken fire hydrant."

Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters.
While the article is clear to point out that no evidence of collusion or wrongdoing was observed in these contacts, it's also important to note that...

...the Trump White House initially denied any contacts with Russian officials during the 2016 campaign. The White House and advisers to the campaign have since confirmed four meetings between Kislyak and Trump advisers during that time.

This raises the question as to why, if no wrongdoing had occurred in totum, why the Trump campaign/administration would have felt the need to lie so frequently on the matter of its communications with Russia.

Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources | Reuters

Re: Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sou

How many did the Clinton campaign have? ;)

Re: Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sou

The liberal democrat MSM lamestream media is just trying to overturn the will of the overwhelming majority that voted to Make America Great Again! Sad!

So that's the new standard? Excellent!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Somebody didn't read the first post.

How many did the Clinton campaign deny?

Ask them no questions and they will tell you no lies. ;)

Ask them no questions and they will tell you no lies. ;)

Wow, your participation in this thread has been pretty stupid.

Wait...Clinton is President? Crap. Thought it was Trump.

Glad your only excuse is "Clinton Did It", real integrity. lol, partisans.

This raises the question as to why, if no wrongdoing had occurred in totum, why the Trump campaign/administration would have felt the need to lie so frequently on the matter of its communications with Russia.
Because they're led by a demagogue who puts himself above the law, has no interest in accountability, and doesn't understand the concept (let alone value) of transparency. Just a guess.

Yesterday I described the scandals as a "fire hose." I now amend that description to "a broken fire hydrant."

While the article is clear to point out that no evidence of collusion or wrongdoing was observed in these contacts, it's also important to note that...

Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources | Reuters
Really? Another rehashed story, using some mysterious unnamed source, from a msm outlet, replete with history of hit pieces against Trump, that we should just take at face value....pfft...not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well!

"Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy, which both sides considered hostile to improved relations, four current U.S. officials said."

So now we may know what this was all about: An end-run by the administration around the security agencies.

But what we really need to know, is: "Why?"

Was it a quid pro quo for the election help? I suspect perhaps not. Though I'm not absolutely sure. But I can easily see Trump, Tillerson, et al, wanting to make tons of money off Russia - and they subsequently needed to break down the legal barriers to do it.

[Remember, Trump & Manaforte specifically changed the GOP platform and charter to become Russia-friendly]

This is the byproduct of letting the billionaire and corporate class run the country, including the Presidency and cabinet.

What do you think of my theory?

Really? Another rehashed story, using some mysterious unnamed source, from a msm outlet, replete with history of hit pieces against Trump, that we should just take at face value....pfft...not.

I suggest you practice your transition from "it's fake news" to "it's no big deal/it was perfectly legal/etc."

You know you're ending up there by the end of the day or tomorrow anyway, may as well get a head start on it.

Well!

"Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy, which both sides considered hostile to improved relations, four current U.S. officials said."

So now we may know what this was all about: An end-run by the administration around the security agencies.

But what we really need to know, is: "Why?"

Was it a quid pro quo for the election help? I suspect perhaps not. Though I'm not absolutely sure. But I can easily see Trump, Tillerson, et al, wanting to make tons of money off Russia - and they subsequently needed to break down the legal barriers to do it.

[Remember, Trump & Manaforte specifically changed the GOP platform and charter to become Russia-friendly]

This is the byproduct of letting the billionaire and corporate class run the country, including the Presidency and cabinet.

What do you think of my theory?

Honestly, the acceleration itself after November 8 could mean anything. It could be

1)Discussing with Russians future economic deals.
2)Discussing with Russians run-arounds to Obama's policies (we know this one already)
3)It could be "Oh crap, we actually won, what do we do now? How do we deal with all the blatant collusion??"
4)Or it could have been reasonably innocent discussions of future policies, but the Trump administration is filled with panicky and stupid people and just didn't know any better.

Until we know more, concluding anything for certain is kind of impossible.

Reuters is a hatchet outfit now?

At what point does reporting on Trump's actions just become.. reporting on Trump's actions? If negative connotations arise from reporting on Trump's actions, the fault could lie with Trump, not the reporters.

Translation: Everything that is negative against Trump is fake noos!

Deep Throat was a mysterious unnamed source.

I suggest you practice your transition from "it's fake news" to "it's no big deal/it was perfectly legal/etc."

You know you're ending up there by the end of the day or tomorrow anyway, may as well get a head start on it.

What in that story was new?

What in that story was new?

Okay, so you've moved ahead from "fake news" to "old news." Very good.

Reuters is a hatchet outfit now?

At what point does reporting on Trump's actions just become.. reporting on Trump's actions? If negative connotations arise from reporting on Trump's actions, the fault could lie with Trump, not the reporters.

What was news in the story?

Translation: Everything that is negative against Trump is fake noos!

What in the story was new to the reader?

So you admit you didn't actually read the story.

Got it. Thanks.

Dishonest....I did read it....you can't tell me what I didn't already know about the story either.....Got it.

Okay, so you've moved ahead from "fake news" to "old news." Very good.

You can't say what news value Reuters had in rehashing this story either? Very Good.

What in the story was new to the reader?

Bolded and underlined for your convenience:

Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters.

Back
Top Bottom