• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ex-FBI chief Comey says Trump undermines rule of law with 'lies'

The important part of the statement was the fact that they attended the Woman's march [notice the shirts they are wearing] not the joke about the Pink pu*** hats . :lol:

You took poetic license with your statement as did I. Comey's wife and kids were on Hillary's side perhaps that is why Comey felt compelled to put his thumb on the scale and conduct a SHAM investigation of Hillary. He over stepped his authority and the rule of law and it cost him his job.

The important part of your statement is that you lied.

So the investigation into Hillary was a "sham"? You mean, like a witch hunt? Wow, you are going to be kicked out of the Trump Fan Club for that comment.

Where are the pictures of Comey's wife and daughters in the pink hats you said they wore? Can't find them?

No hats but, nasty shirts.

4B3938FB00000578-5622211-Patrice_Comey_with_two_of_her_daughters_who_are_wearing_T_shirts-a-9_1523901425425.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ed-Trumps-victory-friends-worked-Hillary.html

There's nothing to "debunk". There's no question that she broke the law, Comey told us that.

I wonder if it would be obstruction to delete emails and smash Blackberries, with a hammer, that were needed for the investigation? I wonder what the reaction would be if Trump did that?

You mean Ivanka Trump?

That is splitting hairs, Comey spent enough time as a Republican which suggests a disagreement with today's party. Regardless, I agree with Mach in that it is refreshing to see someone challenge what they see in a party they once were part of.

It's easier for him now because he's on the outside looking in; it's more of a quandary for those GOP members who toe Trump's line because they're more concerned about their careers.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ndermines-rule-of-law-with-lies-idUSKBN1OG2GH

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former FBI Director James Comey on Monday accused U.S. President Donald Trump of undermining the rule of law in the United States by lying about the FBI, and he urged Republican lawmakers to “stand up and speak the truth” about Trump’s behavior.

Comey, who was fired by Trump in May 2017 while he was leading an investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election and possible Trump campaign collusion, made his remarks after his second appearance this month before two House of Representatives committees.
============================================
The person in D.C. with the closest appreciation for Trump's misuse of the truth is Jim Comey.

Odd, this Comey character.

He had Criminal Hillary by her massive, smelly bush... and laid the case out to nail her ass to the wall, and then fibbed on national TV by saying nobody would pursue such a case to convict her.

That was a massive lie which undermined the rule of law.

He also said his FBI was not political.

Massive lie #2.

Comey is full of himself... and is blind to his own serious and incredible prevarications.

Comey has proven himself to be a political animal who seriously dislikes Trump. That’s OK... if he were a pundit on CNN, but he was FBI Chief, and his poisonous political agenda was reflected by other FBI brass... which have been fired.

Last edited:
You mean Ivanka Trump?

How quickly they brush by small inconvenient truths.

Or the Bush admin's email usage they could look in their missing emails, but Hillary......

Morning Cap,

You really think he did what he did to hurt Hillary Clinton? I have a different take...I think he was trying to "clear the deck" in advance of what he thought would be an imminent Hillary Clinton Presidency....And he wanted to attempt to preserve his job....His only problem was that it was completely incredible that he could lay out a prima fascia case for charging her, then take it upon himself to say that "no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute".....That was pure bunk.

We have a wonderful system of removing Presidents that we don't like the job they have done...It's called elections...While I have my doubts that should Democrats put up someone sensible in 2020 that Trump wouldn't have an uphill battle being re elected, THAT'S how we deal with situations like this....NOT this underhanded campaign of utter destruction that liberals, progressives, and establishment RINO's seem to be embarked on...

Recent poll out today shows that 51% of American's are 'hopeful' about their future, and 53% feel they are doing better today than they were a year ago...So that's on the rise, and as we both know American's wallets are what votes...So, y'all better get your **** together, and work on policy instead of the never ending coup.

Oh yeah...It's all republican's is it Cap? Your statement here with calling names like "baffoon", and "Trumptard" are exactly what is wrong with discourse in today's politics....No where anymore is there room for honest disagreement on anything...It immediately devolves into pure trolling, and name calling on both sides....I remember a time Cap, way before DP when we would have disagreement, and talk it out without all that rancor...Don't you? Remember, it takes two....Now, I know I am certainly no angel in here, but, I'm trying....How many today can say that? Can you?

Merry Christmas to you.

And Merry Christmas to you old friend.

And I do apologize for less than flattering labeling. I was just trying to get my point across. We can both agree that there are some, let's say, "Trump supporters," that give the rest of you guy's a bad name. I don't know what else to call them. "Deplorable" has already been taken but I digress. Just the same, all apologies. I will try to be better. Still, when we see a level headed, civil person who still supports Trump, many of us shake our head and go, "WTF?" The remedial, I can understand. They don't know any better. But the intelligent people who still circle the wagons and defend Trump, I just can't figure out why. But that's MY problem.

Further, I think impeachment is a stupid idea, on one hand, simply because I recall how the GOP efforts to impeach Clinton blew up in their face. The democrats would be wise to learn from their lesson. But, on the other hand, us being a nation of laws, we would derilect to ignore any discovered and judicated high crimes or misdemeanors simply for political expediency. But the operative word is, "discovered and judicated." At this point in time, there are no convictions I am aware of that would merit impeachment. "They," (meaning the powers that be) need to either **** or get off the pot.

I think the previous Select Committee on Intelligence, chaired by Nunes, was nothing more than a shill for all things Trump, running block for him at every turn and working as a partisan committee. Not sure the democrats will do much different, in regards to being partisan, but at least we will now be able to get, as Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story."

And using impeachment as a political tool goes against the purpose intended for impeachment and waters it down from a serious penalty to a gentle slap on the wrist.

Hope all is well with you and your's old friend. I do enjoy our conversations and, again, I apologize if my brush got a bit too broad and it splashed some paint over on you. You're one of the "good ones" in my book.

Last edited:
Gee, how terrible. Her crimes started showing up, again, on Hummer and Weiner's laptop. She should have been charged with a crime. Yet, she was let go. And you complain.

Complain? The whole election was one long giggle for me.
Here's how it looked to the rest of the world- you were all given a choice between leprosy and syphillis. Most of you chose leprosy, but you got the syph so instead of your noses and ears rotting off your brains will be eaten by spirochetes. Where else in the world could that happen?

And Merry Christmas to you old friend.

And I do apologize for less than flattering labeling. I was just trying to get my point across. We can both agree that there are some, let's say, "Trump supporters," that give the rest of you guy's a bad name. I don't know what else to call them. "Deplorable" has already been taken but I digress. Just the same, all apologies. I will try to be better. Still, when we see a level headed, civil person who still supports Trump, many of us shake our head and go, "WTF?" The remedial, I can understand. They don't know any better. But the intelligent people who still circle the wagons and defend Trump, I just can't figure out why. But that's MY problem.

I think a lot of that has to do with what is perceived as the unfairness of it all...Many Conservatives that I know watched and listened closely to reports of Obama's administration using foreign intel agencies to in effect "spy" on the Trump campaign during the election, during that same time you had the Clinton campaign using a former MI6 spy talking to actual Russian Government officials to gather dirt on Trump. And if that weren't outrageous enough, then it seems that individuals high up in DoJ, and FBI used this unverified dossier to get a FISA warrant to justify their spying during the campaign...This all stinks of using our intel agencies against political opponents....I'd like to think I'd have the same problems with it if it were flipped to show a republican president, and candidate, doing this to a democrat one...

Further, I think impeachment is a stupid idea, on one hand, simply because I recall how the GOP efforts to impeach Clinton blew up in their face. The democrats would be wise to learn from their lesson. But, on the other hand, us being a nation of laws, we would derilect to ignore any discovered and judicated high crimes or misdemeanors simply for political expediency. But the operative word is, "discovered and judicated." At this point in time, there are no convictions I am aware of that would merit impeachment. "They," (meaning the powers that be) need to either **** or get off the pot.

I fully agree here....It needs to come to a conclusion...If Trump did something illegal, and gets impeached, then make the case and let the chips fall...We are a strong nation, we will survive.

I think the previous Select Committee on Intelligence, chaired by Nunes, was nothing more than a shill for all things Trump, running block for him at every turn and working as a partisan committee. Not sure the democrats will do much different, in regards to being partisan, but at least we will now be able to get, as Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story."

Don't we know the "other side"??? I mean, this whole time no one's been keeping it a secret...They want Trump out. Period...They don't care how, why, or by what means....And the more damage they can do to him, and his family on the way out the better.

And using impeachment as a political tool goes against the purpose intended for impeachment and waters it down from a serious penalty to a gentle slap on the wrist.

Well, we can thank my own republican's for that during Clinton....They knew that he wouldn't be convicted in the Senate, yet went forward anyway....Clinton left with one of the higher approvals....Trump could end up the same if democrats go after him in that fashion.

Hope all is well with you and your's old friend. I do enjoy our conversations and, again, I apologize if my brush got a bit too broad and it splashed some paint over on you. You're one of the "good ones" in my book.

No worries man....I recently battled my own demons here recently, and had to take some time to try and get a grip, ya know? It's damn hard these days with so many throughout these boards today here just to type the most outrageous things, and be as nasty as possible....But, I try...We go back too far to let some random BS bother that, so it was more just a little friendly nudge....;)

Shame your standards dont meet the same measure.

You think anyone gives a **** about your partisan, wrong, insane rants? You post garbage that is commonly known to be garbage. You rage. You look like a ****ing idiot of the highest order. So I ain't worried.

Complain? The whole election was one long giggle for me.
Here's how it looked to the rest of the world- you were all given a choice between leprosy and syphillis. Most of you chose leprosy, but you got the syph so instead of your noses and ears rotting off your brains will be eaten by spirochetes. Where else in the world could that happen?

Wow, Canada must be pretty bad these days. Hope things get better!

Wow, Canada must be pretty bad these days. Hope things get better!

How do you mean?

edit- Oh, wait, is this one of those "I know you are but what am I?" things?

I'm just wondering how bad it is over there, if you see our leaders like that, your must be really bad.

Leaders near and far view Trump quite unfavorably. G-20 the latest example.

Except for Putin that is. His trolls are still working on Trumps behalf.

Leaders near and far view Trump quite unfavorably. G-20 the latest example.

Except for Putin that is. His trolls are still working on Trumps behalf.

Oh, I highly doubt Putin is very happy at all. And the rest of the world. Well, I guess they would like someone that they could walk all over, that wanted to fundamentally change our country, or a woman that they flushed with cash through the "foundation". They didn't get someone, in Trump, that would sell out our country for them? Gee, to damn bad. Get used to it.

You think anyone gives a **** about your partisan, wrong, insane rants? You post garbage that is commonly known to be garbage. You rage. You look like a ****ing idiot of the highest order. So I ain't worried.
:lamo

Obviously from your response...

yes...

But only because you know I'm right.

I'm just wondering how bad it is over there, if you see our leaders like that, your must be really bad.

Yeah, life in Canada sucks big-time. You guys ought to forget about stopping wetbacks in the south and build a wall in the north to keep out frostbacks. It's the runaway Trump-and-Clinton envy- we realize we can only aspire to the high-quality leadership you all enjoy.

Yeah, life in Canada sucks big-time. You guys ought to forget about stopping wetbacks in the south and build a wall in the north to keep out frostbacks. It's the runaway Trump-and-Clinton envy- we realize we can only aspire to the high-quality leadership you all enjoy.

Well, keep your chin up! Hopefully things will get better soon.

Back
Top Bottom