• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Doug Collins Releases Ex-FBI Lawyer Lisa Page’s Interview Transcripts

Re: Doug Collins Releases Ex-FBI Lawyer Lisa Page’s Interview Transcripts

So you can't articulate exactly what he has done and instead throw out wide sweeping accusations that basically boil down to.."I don't like him." Got it. :roll:

A extensive list of what Trump has done was provided in post #298.

You should listen to Emmy award winner Lara Logan who worked for Sixty Minutes has an interesting view of the media. She shared it on podcast Mike Drop. Here is a small portion of her interview. .He iis spot on specially about there being no shades of gray. Rags like the Washington Post and Huffington Post have long sense lost their credibility. Also opinion pieces by liberal journalist don't cut the mustard either. :lol:

Last edited:

You should listen to Emmy award winner Lara Logan who worked for Sixty Minutes has an interesting view of the media.

YouTube

Up to page 44 in Lisa Page's testimony and I can understand the confusion as to whether or not the text she received from Pete Strzok concerning then-candidate Trump's electability seemed so personal. People assumed the discussion was about the FBI taking steps to stop Trump from being elected, But Lisa Page throws a wrench in the works when she says this (at the bottom on page 44):

So, there is, in fact, a paucity (very little...scare) evidence because we are just starting down the path to figure out whether the predication is true or not true, and who might ultimately be somebody who, if true, would have been in a position to receive the information.

Is she talking about someone who ultimately would be President or someone who ultimately would be on the White House staff who would possibly have access to the kind of intelligence the FBI was receiving during the course of their investigation(s) and, thus, be in a position to manipulate it or wittingly or unwittingly share with others? The debate over the "location" of interviews is important because you don't know if the FBI was talking about Prague, Moscow, Berlin, somewhere in the Ukraine or anywhere else. But this must is clear from reading the transcript: It was someone close to or expected to be close to Trump had he won the 2016 presidential election (which he did; and, thus, the FBI's reason to be cautions and not "burn bridges" and retain their sources abroad turned out to be justified).

Up to page 44 in Lisa Page's testimony and I can understand the confusion as to whether or not the text she received from Pete Strzok concerning then-candidate Trump's electability seemed so personal. People assumed the discussion was about the FBI taking steps to stop Trump from being elected, But Lisa Page throws a wrench in the works when she says this (at the bottom on page 44):

Is she talking about someone who ultimately would be President or someone who ultimately would be on the White House staff who would possibly have access to the kind of intelligence the FBI was receiving during the course of their investigation(s) and, thus, be in a position to manipulate it or wittingly or unwittingly share with others? The debate over the "location" of interviews is important because you don't know if the FBI was talking about Prague, Moscow, Berlin, somewhere in the Ukraine or anywhere else. But this must is clear from reading the transcript: It was someone close to or expected to be close to Trump had he won the 2016 presidential election (which he did; and, thus, the FBI's reason to be cautions and not "burn bridges" and retain their sources abroad turned out to be justified).

This is what Page's lover texted her about Trump and collusion and the potential of Strzoch joining the Mueller team. .

Strzok wrote: “You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there.”
Strzoch was right as the Mueller report will soon show.

On page 52, where Lisa Page says to counsel concerning FBI Dir. Comey's decision to make his public statement on the conclusion of the investigation into Hillary's emails and use of a private email server:

Honestly, we all felt [in the FBI] that we were more credible than the Justice Department to close this investigation out. And so it was in genuinely good faith [the Dir. Comey provide the closing statement to the investigation].

That contradicts Deputy AG Rosenstein's claim that the FBI had lost credibility with Comey per his firing memo.

This is what Page's lover texted her about Trump and collusion and the potential of Strzoch joining the Mueller team. .

You're getting ahead of me as I've only gotten up to page 52 of Lisa Page's testimony and have yet to come across the portion of Pete Strzok's commentary. But even if what you're posted are part of Strzok's testimony, it would only negate direct collusion on Trump's part but would not negate him being an unwitting participate in Russia meddling in our election or the fact that others on his campaign had conducted themselves in a criminal fashion. It would simply mean that at the time that the FBI opened the counter-intelligence investigation (presumably on Trump), the FBI didn't believe Trump would win the election and, thus, the need to put their sources at risk weren't worth the risk at that point. Hence, Strzok's cautious optimism at the time.

Last edited:

So Putin doesn't like Hilary. That surprises you? Even after her and Billy made millions from the Russians...Putin preferred Trump. I find that amusing as hell.
But ok. So you're upset at Trump, 'cause Putin liked him more than Hilary. Got it.

You're mad because Trump has called out the DOJ and FBI for conspiracy to depose a POTUS...after its been proven that the FBI was trying to get the Trump Cabinet to use the 25th on him and hold a coup. Huh... You're not mad that they tried...you're mad they failed. Huh...

:lamo
That bothers you?
I think it funny as hell. Where's you sense of humor?

This is just proof that the lunny-tunes have taken complete control of anything left of center politically. The nutty people are in charge...got the keys...are setting the agenda. Along with the MSM of course. Don't forget...they declared war on Trump the day he won. Ya...this is just more silliness and partisan nonsense.

I didn't bother with the rest of this nonsense. So I take it your hatred is based on the real FACT that Putin likes Trump more than Hillary-Billary...and a bunch of unsubstantiated nonsense? Is that it? Do you see what the problem is with this? There's no "there" there. It's all a refusal to lose, and a hatred of the man who won. Bald-assed...crazy train...partisan hatred. Even though, this scoundrel has actually proven to be quite beneficial to the overall American nation.

Wildest hate-filled psychology study I've ever witnessed.

That is not exactly true. The records act REQUIRES that all of her emails about government business be preserved because they are owned by the United States. She directed her lawyers to look through her emails and delete what she deemed was personal and private. Then she said no government emails were deleted. When they found the Anthony Weiner lap top they found many emails from Clinton to Uma that were government related emails that were obviously subject to the records act that had been deleted from Clinton's server.

So you don't care that there is a two tiered justice system one for Hillary and another for the rest of us? If I had subpoenaed emails deleted I'd be in trouble and I suspect you would be if you did too.

Incorrect. The Federal Records Act in effect when Clinton was Secretary of State was written in 1950 and pertained only to government paperwork-written documents. "The Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2014 was signed into law by President Barack Obama. This bipartisan act, which followed the 2011 President's Memorandum on Managing Government Records, modernizes the Federal Records Act. The act expressly expands the definition of federal records to include electronic records (the first change to the definition of "Federal record" since the enactment of the act in 1950). The act also grants the Archivist of the United States the final determination as to what constitutes a Federal record; "authorizes the early transfer of permanent electronic federal and presidential records to the National Archives, while legal custody remains with the agency or the president"; "clarifies the responsibilities of federal government officials when using non-government email systems"; and "empowers the National Archives to safeguard original and classified records from unauthorized removal."

He was overruled. They were arguing about it till the end. So obviously even after he reviewed the facts he thought she should have been indicted. She also deleted subpoenaed emails. Yet another crime.

He was not "overruled". He came to a consensus with the DOJ prosecutors that they did not have a prosecutable case.

On page 52, where Lisa Page says to counsel concerning FBI Dir. Comey's decision to make his public statement on the conclusion of the investigation into Hillary's emails and use of a private email server:

That contradicts Deputy AG Rosenstein's claim that the FBI had lost credibility with Comey per his firing memo.
It was not the FBI mandate to decide whether or not to indict. Multiple Ex FBI and DOJ officials said so and are quoted in the Rosenstein memo to Trump. It was the DOJs job no matter what Ms Page thought.

Hey if you have a direct quote from the people that supposedly said that. Bring it!

You can count on this followed up upon.

You should listen to Emmy award winner Lara Logan who worked for Sixty Minutes has an interesting view of the media. She shared it on podcast Mike Drop. Here is a small portion of her interview. .He iis spot on specially about there being no shades of gray. Rags like the Washington Post and Huffington Post have long sense lost their credibility. Also opinion pieces by liberal journalist don't cut the mustard either. :lol:

OK this is important.

EVERYONE WHO READS THIS...run the two clips in order please.

Now tell me...does this display not really typify the partisan war?

He was not "overruled". He came to a consensus with the DOJ prosecutors that they did not have a prosecutable case.
That was not the FBI job it’s their job to investigate and to present the evil to the DOJ and it’s their job to decide to indict or not Comey overstepped the FBI mandate. The DOJ shirked their responsibility also. #TheFixWasIn

It was not the FBI mandate to decide whether or not to indict. Multiple Ex FBI and DOJ officials said so and are quoted in the Rosenstein memo to Trump. It was the DOJs job no matter what Ms Page thought.

Mr McCabe's , Ms Page's and Mr Strzok's have all given testimony that vehemently disagree's with that assessment of Mr Comey's credibility and popularity within the FBI.

Mr McCabe's , Ms Page's and Mr Strzok's have all given testimony that vehemently disagree's with that assessment of Mr Comey's credibility and popularity within the FBI.

No that's funny!

That was not the FBI job it’s their job to investigate and to present the evil to the DOJ and it’s their job to decide to indict or not Comey overstepped the FBI mandate. The DOJ shirked their responsibility also. #TheFixWasIn

The DOJ did make the final decision. The FBI can make recommendations as to charge or not charge. But it is DOJ who has the final call and they made that call. Ms Page was quite clear that final decision to decline to prosecute or to prosecute rests with the DOJ and not the FBI and that protocol was followed in the Clinton case.

I post a serious observation and you post ridiculous nonsense. Typical :roll:

Not only not a serious observation but also completely irrelevant to the subject being discussed here.

That depends of if you believe the Clinton email investigation fell under the full and direct control of the DoJ or if it remained under FBI jurisdiction w/DoJ oversight or if it was a joint investigation w/the FBI taking the lead. From Lisa Page's testimony as she understood things, the investigation was a joint investigation w/the FBI taking the lead. DoJ under Lynch could have taking control at any time, but it chose to step aside and allow Dir. Comey to run point. People can disagree with that as they please, but in the end that's what was decided. Either way whether the DoJ under Loretta Lynch or the FBI under Comey provided the final verdict on the investigation, none of Hillary's detractors were going to agree with the outcome as evidenced by the constant chants of "Lock her up" that continue til this day.

Now, something I found interesting from the Hillary email investigation is how the FBI went about investigating the issue of "evidence of intent" and Hillary's mishandling of her emails. On page 74, one of Lisa Page's interrogators, Mr. Raskin, summed it up this way:

You're lookign for some kind of nefarious or corrupt intent to hide something?

Okay, so you're not looking for an intent to violate the law, but you're looking for an intent to do an act which is in violation of the law's central command.

In short, the FBI may have thought Hillary was careless in how she handled classified material she sent or received via her personal email account, but it didn't believe she used a personal email server with the intent to be deceptive, deceitful or criminal and that's why they didn't find cause to charge her with a crime. Not sure if I agree with that, but it is what it is.

Strzok made that text when the Russia investigation was in it's nascent stage and no one knew whether or not what they had was just puffery or real. And actually both did not want to initially join the Mueller team. For Strzok his initial reluctance it was more out of concern for promotion and advancement. He thought he would have more opportunity for that by staying where he was. For Ms Page it was more of a quality of life issue and being better parent to her young children. She had just spent nearly 2 hard years working on the Clinton case. Knowing Muellers's penchant for very detailed hard work and thoroughness in his investigations she knew that this would be another long term grueling assignment. But Mr McCabe explained to her that you don't say no to Mr Mueller. So she reached a compromise that would join the Mueller team for limited term of 45 days and then leave.

You're getting ahead of me as I've only gotten up to page 52 of Lisa Page's testimony and have yet to come across the portion of Pete Strzok's commentary. But even if what you're posted are part of Strzok's testimony, it would only negate direct collusion on Trump's part but would not negate him being an unwitting participate in Russia meddling in our election or the fact that others on his campaign had conducted themselves in a criminal fashion. It would simply mean that at the time that the FBI opened the counter-intelligence investigation (presumably on Trump), the FBI didn't believe Trump would win the election and, thus, the need to put their sources at risk weren't worth the risk at that point. Hence, Strzok's cautious optimism at the time.
Strzok said that AFTER the election you know when the Mueller team was assembled.

Trump had no control on what Putin did. Even the indictments of the Russian said no one had wittingly helped the Russians and you do know the Russians organized Anti-Trump and Pro-Trump rallies.

The crimes we have seen thus far ARE NOT relate to Trump and his campaign. They are mostly tax fraud predating the election and process crimes. The one crime that Cohen plead guilty to wasn't a In Kind Contribution according to Bradly Smith form head of the FEC nominated by Bill Clinton [Democrat] . Bradly Smith is also a law professor and teaches FEC law. That "crime" has never been adjudicated in court.

Also remember Gary Hart and how he paid off his mistress with DONOR money. He was ruled innocent because he had the non election motive of concealing the affair from his wife. Trump had the motive to conceal the affair from his wife and family and to protect his Trump brand name. Trump can spend his as much of his own money anyway he chooses even if it does help his campaign.

Strzok made that text when the Russia investigation was in it's nascent stage and no one knew whether or not what they had was just puffery or real. And actually both did not want to initially join the Mueller team. For Strzok his initial reluctance it was more out of concern for promotion and advancement. He thought he would have more opportunity for that by staying where he was. For Ms Page it was more of a quality of life issue and being better parent to her young children. She had just spent nearly 2 hard years working on the Clinton case. Knowing Muellers's penchant for very detailed hard work and thoroughness in his investigations she knew that this would be another long term grueling assignment. But Mr McCabe explained to her that you don't say no to Mr Mueller. So she reached a compromise that would join the Mueller team for limited term of 45 days and then leave.
If she was worried about her kids and being a good parent she should not have been F****** Strzok. I'm sure Strzok was reluctant because he wanted to be a great parent too. :roll::lamo

Two years and counting and still no collusion. :lamo

That depends of if you believe the Clinton email investigation fell under the full and direct control of the DoJ or if it remained under FBI jurisdiction w/DoJ oversight or if it was a joint investigation w/the FBI taking the lead. From Lisa Page's testimony as she understood things, the investigation was a joint investigation w/the FBI taking the lead. DoJ under Lynch could have taking control at any time, but it chose to step aside and allow Dir. Comey to run point. People can disagree with that as they please, but in the end that's what was decided. Either way whether the DoJ under Loretta Lynch or the FBI under Comey provided the final verdict on the investigation, none of Hillary's detractors were going to agree with the outcome as evidenced by the constant chants of "Lock her up" that continue til this day.

What part of not part of the FBI's mandate do you not understand. I suggest you read the Rosenstein Comey memo.

If you do you will find.

Former Attorney General Mukasey, former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, former Attorney General Eric Holder, former Deputy Attorney Generals Judge Laurence Silberman, Gorelick, Thompson, and Ayer ALL heavily criticized Comey's decision to usurp the position of the DOJ and to make the decision on whether or not to prosecute HRC.

Now, something I found interesting from the Hillary email investigation is how the FBI went about investigating the issue of "evidence of intent" and Hillary's mishandling of her emails. On page 74, one of Lisa Page's interrogators, Mr. Raskin, summed it up this way:

In short, the FBI may have thought Hillary was careless in how she handled classified material she sent or received via her personal email account, but it didn't believe she used a personal email server with the intent to be deceptive, deceitful or criminal and that's why they didn't find cause to charge her with a crime. Not sure if I agree with that, but it is what it is.
That wasn't the FBI job to decide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom