• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dogs Dont Go To Heaven

All of the deceased dogs we've ever had as best friends have, even though one or two chewed up slippers, socks, chair legs, blankets, and shoes. Why, we even had one that raided the garbage can after we left him alone in the house for a couple of hours. When we came home, I admonished him verbally, his head sank to nearly the floor, his beady eyes looked up at me sulkingly as if to say, "I'm so sorry papa, I won't do it again"

all dogs were forgiven, they gave back unconditional love, love and more love, and are most assuredly in heaven, and are now being forgiven and treated better than a human being ever could by their creator.

It doesn't bother me. It's amusing.

Meh...I'd prefer he just start new threads. Especially when the OP has been banned.

Far FAR more amusing is that Paleocon appears to think he actually knows exactly what god does, and why, and with whom or what.

This thread, and the theological immaturity of some People is really depressing.

All of the deceased dogs we've ever had as best friends have, even though one or two chewed up slippers, socks, chair legs, blankets, and shoes. Why, we even had one that raided the garbage can after we left him alone in the house for a couple of hours. When we came home, I admonished him verbally, his head sank to nearly the floor, his beady eyes looked up at me sulkingly as if to say, "I'm so sorry papa, I won't do it again"

all dogs were forgiven, they gave back unconditional love, love and more love, and are most assuredly in heaven, and are now being forgiven and treated better than a human being ever could by their creator.

I have loved every dog that I ever had and I'm sure that they're all in Doggy Heaven.

Meh...I'd prefer he just start new threads. Especially when the OP has been banned.

Far FAR more amusing is that Paleocon appears to think he actually knows exactly what god does, and why, and with whom or what.

I don't care if people want to resurrect old threads. It doesn't effect me in any way, so why would I care? :shrug: I can't understand why someone would take the time to go looking at all of these old threads, but whatever floats your boat I guess! :lol:

God irrigated us too much here in Illinois and Wisconsin last night, he must really love us! I know how much the farmers and ranchers must love him now! ;)

I have loved every dog that I ever had and I'm sure that they're all in Doggy Heaven.

My POV is they're all good, some are better than others, and each has a personality all their own. To me, they're not pets, they're adopted kids.

My POV is they're all good, some are better than others, and each has a personality all their own. To me, they're not pets, they're adopted kids.

Eesh, that's not healthy.

I hope you're joking.

Why? The idea of Doggy Heaven is nothing to joke about.

Dogs are remarkable, and man's best friend. Why shouldn't they have an extra special place to sleep in the sun, chase rabbits and squirrels, and eat treats whenever they wish for all eternity?

Most dogs surely deserve it more than most humans do.

Why? The idea of Doggy Heaven is nothing to joke about.

Dogs are remarkable, and man's best friend. Why shouldn't they have an extra special place to sleep in the sun, chase rabbits and squirrels, and eat treats whenever they wish for all eternity?

Most dogs surely deserve it more than most humans do.

Not sure if I even believe in Heaven for people, never mind pets. :lol:

Not sure if I even believe in Heaven for people, never mind pets. :lol:

I don't either, in fact my personal opinion says such a "place" does not exist for anything, or anyone.

However, if one exists, why can't the other?

I don't either, in fact my personal opinion says such a "place" does not exist for anything, or anyone.

Could be I suppose. If there was such a place as Heaven, hopefully we could share it with our pets.

Anyhow, this is not something I normally contemplate during my busy day. ;)

Because dogs are not spiritual.

Because dogs are not spiritual.

1) that's your personal opinion
2) based on nothing
3) you really and honestly have no idea or reason behind your belief

What makes you think you know what god does and for what animals?

Your opinions don't matter in any forum troll thread. What other people think of your opinions matters most to them. :roll:

2) based on nothing

Well, if you have to follow all of those rules and regulations for a Heaven ticket, he may have a point. :lamo Dogs do NOT go to mass and worship God every Sunday, we know that much!

2) based on nothing

(1) Man is able to contemplate universals.
(2) Universals are by definition immaterial.
(3) The lesser cannot contain he greater.
(4) Therefore, man has a spiritual soul.

This argument does not apply to dogs.

No, seeing your pets as children is what I meant. They are not people.

My companion is 7 years old now, almost 7 1/2, born on new years day, but acts much like a two year old child, at times. I hope he never grows old.

Let's see now, he's at my side by day, he lies on the floor next to us when we dine, when we're finished dining, he gets his own special treat, a snausage, doggie bacon, or a jerkey strip.

Last night during the thunderstorms, he shook with fear so badly, I held him close and tried to shelter and comfort him from the loud booms.

When the thunderstorms subsided, he came up onto the bed, gave me kisses on my face and on my ear, then lied beside me and moaned gently and quietly, and fell off to sleep with us.

Yep, he's still our adopted kid.

You might not like it, not everyone likes dogs or loves dogs like other people do, we lovers of dogs are probably a minority, and people like yourself hate that, possibly because of being jealous. We might have something you'll never have.

We once had a dog when I was a child, occasionally, he'd go to the doorway of the second bedroom and bark for no apparent reason. We were convinced he could see the ghost of the person who passed away in their sleep in that very room.

My companion is 7 years old now, almost 7 1/2, born on new years day, but acts much like a two year old child, at times. I hope he never grows old.

Let's see now, he's at my side by day, he lies on the floor next to us when we dine, when we're finished dining, he gets his own special treat, a snausage, doggie bacon, or a jerkey strip.

Last night during the thunderstorms, he shook with fear so badly, I held him close and tried to shelter and comfort him from the loud booms.

When the thunderstorms subsided, he came up onto the bed, gave me kisses on my face and on my ear, then lied beside me and moaned gently and quietly, and fell off to sleep with us.

Yep, he's still our adopted kid.

You might not like it, not everyone likes dog or loves dogs like other people do, we lovers of dogs are probably a minority, and people like yourself hate that, possibly because of being jealous. We might have something you'll never have.

We once had a dog when I was a child, occasionally, he'd go to the doorway of the second bedroom and bark for no apparent reason. We were convinced he could see the ghost of the person who passed away in their sleep in that very room.

What makes you think I hate animals. I love animals. I just like to keep things in perspective is all. Pets are pets and people are people.

You could learn a thing or two from The Dog Whisperer too I think. :mrgreen:

"Spirituality" not to mention all religious belief is written, imagined, and defined by humans.

To suggest you know what a dog thinks and doesn't think, and even more insane, to suggest you know what a possible god might allow and not allow into heaven is beyond ludicrous. It's just phenomenally insane.

You act like you KNOW.

The reality here is - nobody "knows" anything.

You're making a guess. Your guess is no more valid, or invalid than my guess.

Your guess is not more "factual" than my guess.

Your guess has no more relevance than my guess.

You do not know. Neither do I.

But you act as if you do. Which I'm pretty sure is in direct opposition to what a follower of Christianity is supposed to be doing.

"Spirituality" not to mention all religious belief is written, imagined, and defined by humans.

To suggest you know what a dog thinks and doesn't think, and even more insane, to suggest you know what a possible god might allow and not allow into heaven is beyond ludicrous. It's just phenomenally insane.

You act like you KNOW.

But you act as if you do. Which I'm pretty sure is in direct opposition to what a follower of Christianity is supposed to be doing.

Who are you talking to? :)

You act like you KNOW.

That's not an argument.

Are you really suggesting dogs contemplate universals? Evidence?

Back
Top Bottom