• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dogs Dont Go To Heaven

Obviously, that is an opinion but not a fact. ;)

Are the Biblical references in this thread being presented as fact? The idea that dogs are somehow less spiritual than humans? Sounds like a lot of opinion t' me.

And I used "obviously" only in reference to the idea that dogs are not human beings.

Are the Biblical references in this thread being presented as fact? The idea that dogs are somehow less spiritual than humans? Sounds like a lot of opinion t' me.

And I used "obviously" only in reference to the idea that dogs are not human beings.

I don't know. :roll: I've been skipping over all that reeeeaaaallly boring stuff.

Question: "What is the difference between the soul and spirit of man?"

Answer: The soul and the spirit are the two primary immaterial aspects that Scripture ascribes to humanity. It can be confusing to attempt to discern the precise differences between the two. The word “spirit” refers only to the immaterial facet of humanity. Human beings have a spirit, but we are not spirits.
However, in Scripture, only believers are said to be spiritually alive (1 Corinthians 2:11; Hebrews 4:12; James 2:26), while unbelievers are spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1-5; Colossians 2:13). In Paul's writing, the spiritual was pivotal to the life of the believer (1 Corinthians 2:14; 3:1; Ephesians 1:3; 5:19; Colossians 1:9; 3:16). The spirit is the element in humanity which gives us the ability to have an intimate relationship with God. Whenever the word “spirit” is used, it refers to the immaterial part of humanity that “connects” with God, who Himself is spirit (John 4:24).

The word “soul” can refer to both the immaterial and material aspects of humanity. Unlike human beings having a spirit, human beings are souls. In its most basic sense, the word “soul” means “life.”
However, beyond this essential meaning, the Bible speaks of the soul in many contexts. One of these is humanity’s eagerness to sin (Luke 12:26). Humanity is naturally evil, and our souls are tainted as a result. The life principle of the soul is removed at the time of physical death (Genesis 35:18; Jeremiah 15:2). The soul, as with the spirit, is the center of many spiritual and emotional experiences (Job 30:25; Psalm 43:5; Jeremiah 13:17). Whenever the word “soul” is used, it can refer to the whole person, whether alive or in the afterlife.

The soul and the spirit are connected, but separable (Hebrews 4:12). The soul is the essence of humanity’s being; it is who we are. The spirit is the aspect of humanity that connects with God.

Read more: What is the difference between the soul and spirit of man?

As I am neither Christian, Jewish or Muslim, your so called scripture means nothing to me.. I do not rely on the teachings of others. The soul/spirit is within. It is the God spark that animates us.

They made a documentary called all dogs go to heaven.
MV5BMTIyMjI5MTUxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDI0ODY5._V1_SY264_CR1,0,178,264_AL_.jpg

Thought there was an exception for Carface.
char_17438.jpg

If you doubt the supremacy of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer I am afraid we are going to have to agree to disagree.

As I am neither Christian, Jewish or Muslim, your so called scripture means nothing to me.. I do not rely on the teachings of others. The soul/spirit is within. It is the God spark that animates us.

Well....if I'm not mistaken, the topic is directed towards believers - otherwise, why would there even have to be a discussion about heaven?

The difference between a spirit and soul is given through a Christian perspective.

Well....if I'm not mistaken, the topic is directed towards believers - otherwise, why would there even have to be a discussion about heaven?

The difference between a spirit and soul is given through a Christian perspective.

Did you not see the post above? All dogs go to heaven, except carface. Watch the documentary.

Believers in what? Why does it have to be through a christian perspective..You people don't have a monopoly on a belief system, you know. There are many belief systems out there that include an afterlife, which is the world of Spirit.. Soul "is" spirit....

Believers in what? Why does it have to be through a christian perspective..You people don't have a monopoly on a belief system, you know. There are many belief systems out there that include an afterlife, which is the world of Spirit.. Soul "is" spirit....

Why let this stuff bother you? So what if someone else doesn't believe that dogs go to Heaven or whatever. What matters is what YOU believe. I would imagine that if there is a "heaven" then everyone and everything goes there because it is the end of ALL human suffering here on earth.

Why let this stuff bother you? So what if someone else doesn't believe that dogs go to Heaven or whatever. What matters is what YOU believe. I would imagine that if there is a "heaven" then everyone and everything goes there because it is the end of ALL human suffering here on earth.

Well, most people who are cruel to animals don't believe that they have souls, so it doesn't matter to them to maim or torture. If they had any sense they would realize that all living creatures have been created by the Source/God and is beloved by Him...They all have the God spark within, which is soul/spirit....

Well, most people who are cruel to animals don't believe that they have souls, so it doesn't matter to them to maim or torture. If they had any sense they would realize that all living creatures have been created by the Source/God and is beloved by Him...They all have the God spark within, which is soul/spirit....

I don't necessarily believe in a heaven per se, but when I think about all of that energy that makes a you "YOU" (or an animal or whatever), I have to wonder what happens to that. That energy MUST go somewhere.

I don't necessarily believe in a heaven per se, but when I think about all of that energy that makes a you "YOU" (or an animal or whatever), I have to wonder what happens to that. That energy MUST go somewhere.

It certainly does. That energy is soul/spirit and it goes Home to the Other side..

Dogs don't have souls? W.T.F.? That's some major league bull****.

If you smash an apple then bury it underground, the atoms and energy that make up the apple do not get destroyed, they get broken down and absorbed into other beings. That energy still exists, but it's definitively no longer an apple.

I don't think we're any different in that regard. The atoms that make up our body don't disappear, they just change form, and that form will no longer be "us".

If you smash an apple then bury it underground, the atoms and energy that make up the apple do not get destroyed, they get broken down and absorbed into other beings. That energy still exists, but it's definitively no longer an apple.

I don't think we're any different in that regard. The atoms that make up our body don't disappear, they just change form, and that form will no longer be "us".

Well, I don't think any of us really KNOWS what happens. There are some theories that make more sense than others though. :)

Juanita, you're giving far too much credit to those who are cruel to animals. They themselves are barely more than beasts. There is no sense to animal abuse. It's a sickness.

Well, I don't think any of us really KNOWS what happens. There are some theories that make more sense than others though. :)

Sure, nobody KNOWS, I just think the "energy can't be destroyed" argument is illogical and unrelated when considering the afterlife. We know where the atoms of your body go when you die: 6 feet under.

Dogs Dont Go To Heaven

Of course they don't ...
Nobody does...
Because there is no such place...
Intelligent people understand this.

1st man- My mom used to live with us in New York City ...but she is in a better place now.
Friend- I'm so sorry to hear... when did she die?
1st man- She didn't die ...she moved to Passaic ...It's a very lovely neighborhood.
:2wave:

Last edited:
Sure, nobody KNOWS, I just think the "energy can't be destroyed" argument is illogical and unrelated when considering the afterlife. We know where the atoms of your body go when you die: 6 feet under.[/QUOTE

We are not speaking of the "physical" body.

That's a lie, that weak people tell their children. Dogs are meant to die. They're like flowers, except they bark and don't smell as good. So when you bury them in your garden, don't lie to your children. Please.

If dogs don't go to heaven then no one goes.:peace

Sure, nobody KNOWS, I just think the "energy can't be destroyed" argument is illogical and unrelated when considering the afterlife. We know where the atoms of your body go when you die: 6 feet under.[/QUOTE

We are not speaking of the "physical" body.

I really didn't know how to respond to that, because I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't talking about your physical molecules and the stuff that makes up your physical body, but that which makes up your spirit that makes up our personalities and such things. :)

Of course they don't ...
Nobody does...
Because there is no such place...
Intelligent people understand this.

1st man- My mom used to live with us in New York City ...but she is in a better place now.
Friend- I'm so sorry to hear... when did she die?
1st man- She didn't die ...she moved to Passaic ...It's a very lovely neighborhood.
:2wave:

Thanks for letting us know, oh enlightened one who knows all. :2razz:

I really didn't know how to respond to that, because I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't talking about your physical molecules and the stuff that makes up your physical body, but that which makes up your spirit that makes up our personalities and such things. :)

Exactly Chris, you nailed it...

Back
Top Bottom