• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support the rioting? (2 Viewers)

Do you support the rioting?

• Yes

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters
Nope, it is quite different. I do not think that non government actors and private property should be attacked, even when the injustice is so severe. However, according to you our founding fathers would be considered terrorists and you wouldn't support their intentions...think about that for a minute.

The mindset may be different for you, but there's ample evidence lately that most modern-day "protesters" don't make that distinction-- not only in the current uprisings, but also going back to Occupy Wall Street. If the distinction only applies to a handful of people, what good is it?

Nonetheless, Trump's legacy will forever contain the FACT he was IMPEACHED. Deal with it and move on.

I have no wish to hide the fact that democrats in the House impeached Trump illegally and immorally as a spectacular end to their fiendish illegal Obamagate spy scandal.

impeachment pelosi.jpg

Nonetheless, Trump's legacy will forever contain the FACT he was IMPEACHED. Deal with it and move on.

Like Wm. Jefferson Clinton's impeachment, doesn't really amount to a hill of beans without a conviction.

IMO, both are good presidents.

So burning, looting, and destruction of property is a sure-fire way to lead to real change?
Is that like terrorism where city managers should kowtow to the terrorists in order to give them money to re-build destroyed neighborhoods and reduce the number of cops needed to solve real crimes?

As far as getting to the root cause: Apparently you did not read what another astute writer said about root causes of the riots:

"the rioting that resulted in looting and burning by those who in the center of continuing violence are a result of years are caused by mostly the liberal policies of democrats who run those cities. For example some cities have been run by democrats for over 50 years and they have done nothing to serve the minority communities and their needs. Nothing but broken promises. Like decaying minority intercity communities, lack of intact family units and schools. The high out of marriage birth rate and so on. "

I'm not sure what part of my post gave you the idea that I think burning and looting will lead to real change, and I don't necessarily disagree that policies of democrats haven't led to problems. But people are protesting right now specifically because of police brutality and racial discrimination. If the police were just cracking down on the looters then that's one thing, but from videos and reports it seems like in many cases they're cracking down on peaceful protesters too, and are actually escalating the violence. I'm not sure how police brutality will fix the issue, especially when that's what's being protested in the first place?

It wasn't sarcasm. I am somewhat dismayed that you thought it might be. Your overly optimistic and forgiving view that store owners(all)can rebuild the next day, shows how little you consider them. Many of them are seeing their life savings, dreams, and hopes burned by a wild and uncaring mob.
The rest of what you write is true. Equal treatment is the expectation of every American. Bad cops, bad teachers, bad candle stick makers, ought be rooted out. If in anyone's mind some are less than they, then root them out and replace them, leaving them no place but down to go.
Regards,
CP

I do feel bad for the store owners, and it's a terrible thing what's happening to them, but compared to the scope of other issues like police brutality and racial discrimination in this country, the issue is relatively minor. When you focus solely on the victims of the looting, attention is drawn away from the victims of discrimination. The looters should be arrested and the store owners compensated, but I'm not going to condemn the mostly peaceful protests especially when many of the looters are there to take advantage of the situation and were never there to support the cause to begin with.

I support dealing with looters and arsonists in harsh terms.

nip-it-in-the-bud

Like Wm. Jefferson Clinton's impeachment, doesn't really amount to a hill of beans without a conviction.

IMO, both are good presidents.
It’s only the black guy in between them who’s not. Amirite?

I do feel bad for the store owners, and it's a terrible thing what's happening to them, but compared to the scope of other issues like police brutality and racial discrimination in this country, the issue is relatively minor. When you focus solely on the victims of the looting, attention is drawn away from the victims of discrimination. The looters should be arrested and the store owners compensated, but I'm not going to condemn the mostly peaceful protests especially when many of the looters are there to take advantage of the situation and were never there to support the cause to begin with.

I believe we both agree that store owners are among the victims of the shooting. It doesn't seem at all fair to compare their misfortune with the bigotry that all thinking parties agree must go. I had hoped that discrimination would die a lonely death when our society matured. and quite frankly, bigotry or racial discrimination, as bad as it is anytime, is a shadow of its former self.
Protest if you feel the pull to do that, but if you do, give people like me a chance to understand, rather than bunker up when we see on TV the damage that can be done by disorganized looting.
Though it doesn't matter to anyone but me; I want to understand protest, but can't abide looting and destruction. Dr. King never advocated lawlessness and look what he accomplished.
Regards,
CP

I'm not looking for a complicated mitigation of the actions of rioters. Do you support the rioting?

EDIT: I am not asking if you support protesting. That is not the same as rioting.

I support it if I can give them a personal shopping list.

I don't like the looting and rioting but when you systematically violate our Constitutional rights people are going to fight back when their voices are not being heard.

I sense Conservatives are more likely to not support the rioting which I find strange because they are huge 2A supporters and act like if someone came to get their guns it'd be an all at war because it's their Constitutional right to own a gun. Why are they not so supportive of other people fighting for our other rights? Also, I would be on the side on the 2A riots too if it came down to that.

So this is an admission that you were on the side of the rioters this year?

Oh yeah, and the progressive ideologues who can use it for propaganda purposes pushing their divisive grievance politics.
This is what I quickly concluded was primarily behind those riots but this comment says it in far fewer words than I could. Once I get going on the topic of those riots and their basis, it's hard for me to stop.

I support getting rid of Trump. We warned you all this would happen.
Dems both warned and demonstrated they would do absolutely anything and stoop to any of the lowest of low levels to get rid of Trump. But, what Dems showed us about Dems in the process was stunning.

Oops, I just realized this was quite an old thread brought back to life today. Nonetheless, my comments would have been the same then or now.

So this is an admission that you were on the side of the rioters this year?
Sure. That's what she meant by "l don't like the looting and rioting."
She's pointing out why, not condoning it.

I don't like the looting and rioting but when you systematically violate our Constitutional rights people are going to fight back when their voices are not being heard.

I sense Conservatives are more likely to not support the rioting which I find strange because they are huge 2A supporters and act like if someone came to get their guns it'd be an all at war because it's their Constitutional right to own a gun. Why are they not so supportive of other people fighting for our other rights? Also, I would be on the side on the 2A riots too if it came down to that.

We aren't going burn people's property and still their shit just because we have a beef with the government.

She said, "I don't like the rioting and looting but..."

Oops, I just realized this was quite an old thread brought back to life today. Nonetheless, my comments would have been the same then or now.
Yeah, a mod told me not to do that a couple weeks back. Not sure why.

It is strange to open this can again, though, unless there are riots happening now that I haven't heard about.

She said, "I don't like the rioting and looting but..."
Yes, and then pointed out why. Like I said, it's not condoning to state the reasons people are angry.

The post is actually quite contradictory. She starts it by saying she doesn’t like it but ends it by saying it’s strange to not support it.

The post is actually quite contradictory. She starts it by saying she doesn’t like it but ends it by saying it’s strange to not support it.
Understanding why something is happening does not mean you agree with it. There are two sides to every story. Pointing out the other side's point is an attempt to give the conversation some depth. The more folks use the tactic of accusing others of being "on the other side" because they understand what the other viewpoint is, the more folks end up actually being forced further into that camp. Unfair is unfair.

The you that you speak of is the Democrats. How can you support Democrats when it is their cities doing the dangerous rioting?

100,000 dead, 20% unemployment, the nation on fire and the cult keeps drinking the kool-aide

we have a problem Houston

Don't you get it. Democrats think that CV19 is now over as of Jan 20, 2021.
Stupid is only made, it can't be purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom