• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same god.

Correct, but the devil (quite literally) is in the detail.

I fear that ferreting in the undergrowth for a particular stick lying in a crosswise direction, ignores the giant forest canopy surrounding you all.

I fear that ferreting in the undergrowth for a particular stick lying in a crosswise direction, ignores the giant forest canopy surrounding you all.

The forest is the difference, not the stick. Spending eternity in "gardens of bliss with purified companions" versus "the blazing fire" is what's at stake (according to several hundred verses in the Qur'an.

Christians worship Jesus

Jesus himself said...“It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” Luke 4:8...

The forest is the difference, not the stick. Spending eternity in "gardens of bliss with purified companions" versus "the blazing fire" is what's at stake (according to several hundred verses in the Qur'an.

Koran 52:24
Round about them will serve, to them, boys (handsome) as pearls well-guarded.

Koran 56:17
Round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness.

Koran 76:19
And round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness: if thou seest them, thou wouldst think them scattered pearls.

Different stories went to different people about the virgins.... You get.
one
two, matched by age.
Undisclosed number
unlimited number
Some have transparent legs.
Some are 60 feet tall.
all re-grow their virginity.

Nobody pisses, sh-ts, menstruates, they just sweat a smell like musk.

Last edited:
So, a mass murderer who "finds Jesus" at the end of his life goes to heaven ….

Yes. Wow.

I think this says it all.

Originally Posted by Magdalene
God is willing to forgive all who are sincere and repent …..

A sinner has to be humble enough to acknowledge his sins and ask for forgiveness, Steve.
Surely, an atheist will not meet that requifement - UNLESS he asks for God's forgiveness (in which case, he's no longer an atheist!) doh.

Furthermore...…..

God knows what's in a person's heart and mind. You don't.

………….while an atheist who spends his life helping the poor goes to hell. Wow.
:shock:

What kind of logic are you trying to project?

The atheist doesn't believe in God....so, why would you expect the atheist to be rewarded by the very God that he claims to not exist? :lol:

Lol. I'm sure the atheist will be quite content to die believing there's nothing else after death, right? Won't you?

You guys carry on like as if...………………... you're missing out on what you believe is a "non-existent" party that you're not invited to! :lol:

Last edited:
Yes. Wow.

A sinner has to be humble enough to acknowledge his sins and ask for forgiveness, Steve.
Surely, an atheist will not meet that requifement - UNLESS he asks for God's forgiveness (in which case, he's no longer an atheist!) doh.

Furthermore...…..

The atheist doesn't believe in God....so, why would you expect the atheist to be rewarded by the very God that he claims to not exist? :lol:

Lol. I'm sure the atheist will be quite content to die believing there's nothing else after death, right? Won't you?

You guys carry on like as if...………………... you're missing out on what you believe is a "non-existent" party that you're not invited to! :lol:

You have to be pretty thick to not get the point.

I'm criticizing the fact that what kind of person you were in life counts for nothing in term of whether or not you get into heaven (according to your beliefs). How can that be acceptable to you?

Yes. Wow.
Surely, an atheist will not meet that requifement - UNLESS he asks for God's forgiveness (in which case, he's no longer an atheist!) doh
Furthermore...…..

What Steve was pointing out is that if Hitler just sincerely asked god for forgiveness and asked Jesus into his heart right before his death, he'll go to heaven, while all of the pious and moral people who believe in the wrong religion, or no religion at all, will be tortured for eternity. That's not justice, but that's the crap you believe.

What Steve was pointing out is that if Hitler just sincerely asked god for forgiveness and asked Jesus into his heart right before his death, he'll go to heaven, while all of the pious and moral people who believe in the wrong religion, or no religion at all, will be tortured for eternity. That's not justice, but that's the crap you believe.

Thank you for doing a good job of explaining what I thought was already the bleedin' obvious.

You have to be pretty thick to not get the point.

I'm criticizing the fact that what kind of person you were in life counts for nothing in term of whether or not you get into heaven (according to your beliefs). How can that be acceptable to you?

I think indeed, (to borrow from you).......

............you have to be pretty thick to not get the point:

God has set and told us the requirement to get to that party.

Wouldn't matter if you've been "saintly" doing good works your entire life, IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE or HAVE FAITH!
Good works without faith, doesn't count!

On the other hand, sincere faith will get you to heaven. A Biblical example will be the thief who was crucified with Jesus!

Why shouldn't it be acceptable to a Christian when one has faith? Faith is trusting in Him!

It's up to Him, not you or me.....to judge us the way He sees fit. He doesn't owe us an explanation.

Lol. Why should anyone with brains accept your argument, let alone listen to people like you?
Not only do a lot of you folks here obviously argue from ignorance.....but you guys don't even know when to shut up! :lamo

Another point you're not getting:
I'm amused at the fact that you spent quite a lot of time criticizing something you don't believe to be true! :)

Last edited:

You don't see it as justice....because you are not God.
I think, with people like Hitler, it is people who find it hard to forgive. There's no denying that what he'd done is horrendous - but I think a lot of you folks who think that way about Hitler, are not bothered by the millions of unborn children that are being slaughtered even as we speak today. In fact, a lot of you are champions of the slaughtering.

Selective "justice," is it?

You don't see it as justice....because you are not God.
I think, with people like Hitler, it is people who find it hard to forgive. There's no denying that what he'd done is horrendous - but I think a lot of you folks who think that way about Hitler, are not bothered by the millions of unborn children that are being slaughtered even as we speak today. In fact, a lot of you are champions of the slaughtering.

Selective "justice," is it?

You're also not god, so I guess you don't see it as justice either. So yeah, according to your doctrine, as long as Hitler was really sorry before he died and prayed about it, he went to heaven, while the billions of people who live peaceful lives as good people but pick the wrong religion will be tortured for eternity.

How can you stand the concept of tons of people you know and cared about being tortured for eternity without reprieve because they picked the wrong thing when christianity can't be proven? If that doesn't bother you, you have a lot of sadism in you.

This comes up a lot, in a hand wave type of logic.
The God of Abraham

The Jews invented the God as we know it, granted much info came from previous religions, Summarian, etc.
They have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God from the Jews,
added more Gods to it, changed the rules, and turned on the Jews.

The Muslims then stole the God,
eliminated the Christian Gods, instilled their own prophet,
changed the rules again, and turned on the Jews and the Christians.

Now God is either a wishy/washy schizophrenic, who simply cannot make up his mind.

Or they are different Gods.

Does it matter? Any god will do if we have morals.

Ten simple Commandments from a god not the Expense of secular and temporal Government!

Does it matter? Any god will do if we have morals.

Ten simple Commandments from a god not the Expense of secular and temporal Government!

Actually it does matter.
All the Gods are different, and the morals also.

You're also not god, so I guess you don't see it as justice either. So yeah, according to your doctrine, as long as Hitler was really sorry before he died and prayed about it, he went to heaven, while the billions of people who live peaceful lives as good people but pick the wrong religion will be tortured for eternity.

How can you stand the concept of tons of people you know and cared about being tortured for eternity without reprieve because they picked the wrong thing when christianity can't be proven? If that doesn't bother you, you have a lot of sadism in you.

That is a big IF...people who are set in their ways to do bad things all their life, it's highly unlikely they will have a change of heart right before their death...that change, if it happens at all, usually happens long before that, but most of the time never...they are who they are to the core...

Last edited:
The point is, it cannot be about Morals if we have the Expense of secular and temporal Government on Earth.

Morals are a product of your environment, your community, your tribe, your group of people, and what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander.

God has set and told us the requirement to get to that party.

Which party?
The Republicans or the Democrats - or the independents? :cool:

You're also not god, so I guess you don't see it as justice either.

EH?

But.....I have faith in God. God is just. I trust in Him.
That's the difference between a non-believer and a believer.

as long as Hitler was really sorry before he died and prayed about it, he went to heaven,

Like I said.....more like it's people who have problems........ forgiving.

while the billions of people who live peaceful lives as good people but pick the wrong religion will be tortured for eternity.

Well - those billions of people who had chosen the wrong god are no better than atheists who had chosen
to reject God. :shrug:

Obviously they had the choice, right?

But like I've said, God is the only One who will judge in the end.
How these billions end up choosing the wrong god, perhaps they will be judged on a case-by-case basis?
Perhaps their level of intellect - and other circumstances - would be part of the equation?

Again, I have to point out.....God knows everything. God knows what's in our hearts and in our minds.

How can you stand the concept of tons of people you know and cared about being tortured for eternity without reprieve because they picked the wrong thing when christianity can't be proven?

First of all....I wouldn't know who actually ends up getting tortured for all eternity. It's not for me to judge.

Second.....people I care about have been given the good news. All I can do is pray for them....that they come to God (if they hadn't yet).

How can I stand that requirement by God? Simple.
To me.......God comes first. He is first and foremost!

If it comes to choice between family and God......no contest!

Even if it means that I'll be "alone".....which I won't be (since I'll always have God with me).....so be it
. :shrug:

If that doesn't bother you, you have a lot of sadism in you.

Do you support abortion?

Lol. While you believe that Christianity and eternal torture is just a "concept" to you......

............you, on the other hand, are actually practicing sadism and doing worse things than Hitler (if you support abortion).

So please.....spare me the theatrics!

That's another thing that's so absurd and convoluted about some of you folks who feign disgust over what you believe to be an unjust and cruel act by what you say is a FICTIONAL character (Christian God)......

.......and yet, in REALITY - you champion the unjust slaughter of the millions of innocent!

There is nothing fictional about what you support, encourage, and abet. And, it is happening in real time!

Last edited:
Well - those billions of people who had chosen the wrong god are no better than atheists who had chosen
to reject God.

So everybody who is not fundamental and evangelical goes to hell?
OMG - tell me that this fanatical rubbish is not true ....

Don't edit and cherry-pick my statement. That goes for anything you read. That's not how you read/comprehend. :lol:
I learned that in my elementary years. Reading and Comprehension - I believe it was.

Read the whole thing.....and mull on it.

Last edited:
edit?
Where did I edit?
I quoted one of your sentences - completley - as it is - without changing anything.

edit?
Where did I edit?
I quoted one of your sentences - completley - as it is - without changing anything.

Like I said - read the whole thing. You quoted just a segment of my discussion with the poster, and you missed some integral part....
......which made you miss the point. :shrug:

Thus your question shows that.

Originally Posted by Rumpel View Post

The answer to it is already in that post .....................if you'd read it all - AND UNDERSTOOD what you'd read.

There's no point to reading if we don't try to comprehend what we're reading. Read again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom