• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same god.

@ tosca1

OK -you are right.
I was too fast with my conclusion.

It was because I have read elsewhere in this section so often, that anybody who does not follow Jesus will be damned forever.
But you did not say so.
Sorry for my wrong conclusion.

EH?

But.....I have faith in God. God is just. I trust in Him.
That's the difference between a non-believer and a believer.

Like I said.....more like it's people who have problems........ forgiving.

Well - those billions of people who had chosen the wrong god are no better than atheists who had chosen
to reject God. :shrug:

Obviously they had the choice, right?

But like I've said, God is the only One who will judge in the end.
How these billions end up choosing the wrong god, perhaps they will be judged on a case-by-case basis?
Perhaps their level of intellect - and other circumstances - would be part of the equation?

Again, I have to point out.....God knows everything. God knows what's in our hearts and in our minds.

First of all....I wouldn't know who actually ends up getting tortured for all eternity. It's not for me to judge.

Second.....people I care about have been given the good news. All I can do is pray for them....that they come to God (if they hadn't yet).

How can I stand that requirement by God? Simple.
To me.......God comes first. He is first and foremost!

If it comes to choice between family and God......no contest!

Even if it means that I'll be "alone".....which I won't be (since I'll always have God with me).....so be it
. :shrug:

Do you support abortion?

Lol. While you believe that Christianity and eternal torture is just a "concept" to you......

............you, on the other hand, are actually practicing sadism and doing worse things than Hitler (if you support abortion).

So please.....spare me the theatrics!

That's another thing that's so absurd and convoluted about some of you folks who feign disgust over what you believe to be an unjust and cruel act by what you say is a FICTIONAL character (Christian God)......

.......and yet, in REALITY - you champion the unjust slaughter of the millions of innocent!

There is nothing fictional about what you support, encourage, and abet. And, it is happening in real time!

This is why so many people don't take you christian nutters seriously. Hitler should go to heaven as long as he has time before death to be really sorry, and you'll talk about "forgiveness", but all the good people who picked the wrong god or didn't have the time to repent before death should NEVER have the chance for forgiveness and should burn forever.

You can't support eternal hellfire while pretending to support "forgiveness" and "redemption".

This is why so many people don't take you christian nutters seriously.

So?

I say......... too bad for them.

I think those who take the biggest and most important decision they'd EVER make in their entire life too lightly - the ones who'd choose eternal damnation over life - are the ones who best fit the label "nutters."

Hitler should go to heaven as long as he has time before death to be really sorry, and you'll talk about "forgiveness", but all the good people who picked the wrong god or didn't have the time to repent before death should NEVER have the chance for forgiveness and should burn forever.

Too bad.

But that's the way it is, according to God.

Obedience and humble acceptance - I suppose this is what is meant by meekness and humility.

You can't support eternal hellfire while pretending to support "forgiveness" and "redemption".
:roll:

How is that? What are you on about "supporting?" :lol:
It has nothing to do with any "support" from any of us!
What? You think we'll be voting on it? :mrgreen:
Like as if my opinion will matter whether I agree or not?
You're not making any sense, Rapid.

Pay attention. Here it is:

If God says that's how it will come down, then -

that's how it will come down.

Forgiveness and redemption is for those who sincerely asked for it.
Eternal damnation is for those who rejected God!
Goodness, surely the difference between them is quite clear?

Last edited:
So?

Too bad.

But that's the way it is, according to God.

Obedience and humble acceptance - I suppose this is what is meant by meekness and humility.

How is that? What are you on about "supporting?" :lol:
It has nothing to do with any "support" from any of us!
What? You think we'll be voting on it? :mrgreen:
Like as if my opinion will matter whether I agree or not?
You're not making any sense, Rapid.

Here it is:

If God says that's how it will come down, then -

that's how it will come down.

Forgiveness and redemption is for those who sincerely asked for it. Eternal damnation is for those who rejected God!
Goodness, surely the difference between them is quite clear?

Lol, when you view non-christians as worse than Hitler and deserving of no redemption or forgiveness, you're a callous and brutal person.

Lol, when you view non-christians as worse than Hitler and deserving of no redemption or forgiveness, you're a callous and brutal person.

Where did I say they don't deserve forgiveness? I think, you've got problems with comprehension.

I'm pointing out the big hypocrisy - and disconnect.

You feign outrage over the possibility of Hitler being granted forgiveness by God - and yet you don't see anything heinously and diabolically wrong with supporting and abetting the slaughter of the unborn!
The killings of the innocents are happening as we speak - in real time.

The unborn are being brutalized as they're being killed! You don't see anything wrong with that.
You're all for it!

And I'm the one callous and brutal? How weirdly you think. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Where did I say they don't deserve forgiveness? I think, you've got problems with comprehension.

You feign outrage over the possibility of Hitler being granted forgiveness by God - and yet you don't see anything heinously and diabolically wrong with supporting and abetting the slaughter of the unborn! The killings of the innocents are happening as we speak - in real time. The unborn are being brutalized as they're being killed!
You don't see anything wrong with that. You're all for it! And I'm the one callous and brutal? :mrgreen:

You did say they don't deserve forgiveness. As soon as they die without being Christian, they'll be tortured for eternity with no chance of repentence or forgiveness. As soon as they're dead you declare them no longer worth saying and don't deserve forgiveness. You have a sadistic and unforgiving ideology.

This is about your ****ty beliefs about eternal torture, not abortion, so stay on topic.

@ tosca1

OK -you are right.
I was too fast with my conclusion.

It was because I have read elsewhere in this section so often, that anybody who does not follow Jesus will be damned forever.
But you did not say so.
Sorry for my wrong conclusion.

Don't get me wrong. It is written though that those who reject Christ will be damned forever.
That is not an opinion. That's a quote.

You did say they don't deserve forgiveness. As soon as they die without being Christian, they'll be tortured for eternity with no chance of repentence or forgiveness. As soon as they're dead you declare them no longer worth saying and don't deserve forgiveness. You have a sadistic and unforgiving ideology.

This is about your ****ty beliefs about eternal torture, not abortion, so stay on topic.

:shock:

I never said they don't deserve forgiveness. You're putting words in my mouth.
Cite me the post where I said that!

I think you're now resorting to blatant lies. Didn't take long, huh?
That's usually the tactic of those who has nothing more to give......I suppose you're all out? :lol:

:shock:

I never said they don't deserve forgiveness. You're putting words in my mouth.
Cite me the post where I said that!
I think you're now resorting to blatant lies.

Oh, so you're saying people in hell actually do deserve forgiveness and if they accept god into their hearts they should be transferred from hell to heaven?

And I looked into Hell and I saw that the majority of its people are women.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3241; Muslim, 2737)

This comes up a lot, in a hand wave type of logic.
The God of Abraham

The Jews invented the God as we know it, granted much info came from previous religions, Summarian, etc.
They have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God from the Jews,
added more Gods to it, changed the rules, and turned on the Jews.

The Muslims then stole the God,
eliminated the Christian Gods, instilled their own prophet,
changed the rules again, and turned on the Jews and the Christians.

Now God is either a wishy/washy schizophrenic, who simply cannot make up his mind.

Or they are different Gods.

Same god, as your 1st sentence says.
Just different human interpretations on what god wants.
Since it's all likely made up to begin with, everyone is free to interpret their own beliefs.

Even within the Christian belief system, there are 1000s of interpretations.

Same god, as your 1st sentence says.
Just different human interpretations on what god wants.
Since it's all likely made up to begin with, everyone is free to interpret their own beliefs.

Even within the Christian belief system, there are 1000s of interpretations.

This is by no means an interpretation.
That is an excuse.
It is a manipulation for the people it serves.

Oh, so you're saying people in hell actually do deserve forgiveness and if they accept god into their hearts they should be transferred from hell to heaven?

:lol: Oh, man. It's like arguing with a toddler!

You have no clue about the Bible - or, you're suffering from comprehension-deficiency - AND, as you've proven -

your logic is so twisted!

Can't help you. Sorry. You're on your own.

:lol: Oh, man. It's like arguing with a toddler!

You have no clue about the Bible - or, you're suffering from comprehension-deficiency - AND, as you've proven -

your logic is so twisted!

Can't help you. Sorry. You're on your own.

You believe once people are in hell it's permanent, but you refuse to admit people permanently in hell are thus irredeemable. I'm sorry you can't square the inconsistencies in your belief system.

Does it matter? We know we cannot confide in the moral sincerity of the Religious under Capitalism and must rely on our First Amendment as a result.

Ten simple Commandments from any God not the Expense of secular and temporal Government on Earth (by originally sinful Man.)

You believe once people are in hell it's permanent, but you refuse to admit people permanently in hell are thus irredeemable. I'm sorry you can't square the inconsistencies in your belief system.

That is because she refuses to accept what the Bible actually teaches...hell is the grave, nothing more...all dead ones in the grave are sleeping, awaiting the resurrection on the last day...

"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment." John 5:28,29

Here “judgment” is set in contrast with “life” and “everlasting life,” implying a judgment that results in death...2 Peter 2:9; 3:7...

As indicated by the context and by other scriptures, the judgment Jesus speaks of is not based on what a person did before he died but on his actions after he is resurrected...we know this because Romans 6:7 states that a person “who has died has been acquitted from his sin"...each person who is resurrected will show by his course of action whether he is obedient, with eternal “life” as a reward, or disobedient, resulting in the “judgment” of death...

There is no inconsistency. I don't have to spell it out that people in hell are irredeemable.
It's not for me to say. What you and I would prefer, wouldn't matter. What I say, wouldn't matter.

HOWEVER - it's what the Bible says!

2 Thessalonians 1

8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Lol.
You don't know the meaning of ETERNITY if you think

people cast down to hell aren't there...…..

……………………………. permanently! :shrug:

Last edited:
That is because she refuses to accept what the Bible actually teaches...hell is the grave, nothing more...all dead ones in the grave are sleeping, awaiting the resurrection on the last day...

"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment." John 5:28,29

Here “judgment” is set in contrast with “life” and “everlasting life,” implying a judgment that results in death...2 Peter 2:9; 3:7...

As indicated by the context and by other scriptures, the judgment Jesus speaks of is not based on what a person did before he died but on his actions after he is resurrected...we know this because Romans 6:7 states that a person “who has died has been acquitted from his sin"...each person who is resurrected will show by his course of action whether he is obedient, with eternal “life” as a reward, or disobedient, resulting in the “judgment” of death...

Oh yeah. You're in favor of abortion too, if I'm not mistaken?

Yes or no?

There is no inconsistency. I don't have to spell it out that people in hell are irredeemable.
It's not for me to say. What you and I would prefer, wouldn't matter. What I say, wouldn't matter.

2 Thessalonians 1

8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Lol.

Which is fine if you are a believer in fairy tales, but I don't believe one word of what is written in the bible when it pertains to "the word of god".

2 Thessalonians 1

Lol.

Good, so then you admit you believe once someone dies and goes to hell they're are permanently undeserving of redemption or mercy. That's what I said, not sure why you're fighting me on that, that is what you believe.

The Scripture has a context that the conversation around it seem to be trying to expand.

"Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment." John 5:28,29]

Lol. Here - your interpretation is busted right away:

Why do you highlight "memorial" tombs like as if it's something different? :lol:
A tomb is described as memorial - it's a structure that remind us of a person who once lived!
It can be a structure for an event - like the Holocaust, to remind us what happened! That's what "memorial" is. Nothing more.

What about those who aren't buried in graves? Those unknown victims of foul play who are secretly buried somewhere,
or thrown into the waters? You say they don't count? They won't rise up?

The dead will rise up for the Judgement. We'll all be judged. Judgement is what it is - JUDGEMENT.

That's from your own fabricated JW bible - New World Translation!

Here is 2 Peter 2:

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;
5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless
8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—
9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority.

They did die. They were punished for their depravity!
Are you saying, they will no longer rise up to be punished on Judgement Day?

We all die! In various ways! Some die in a fire!

EVEN THE RIGHTEOUS DIE! But we're talking about physical death.

Therefore, you couldn't count the death of those in Sodom and Gomorrah as THEIR FINAL Judgement.

The contrast that I see in that verse is this:

6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless
8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—
9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Whatever death it may refer to is, SPIRITUAL death - why? Because the verse speaks of torment of the soul.

Therefore, those people will rise up again! To be judged!
It was the burning of Sodom and Gomorrah that's symbolical of the burning in hell - DAY AFTER DAY - which will happen to the ungodly!

That's the message!

As indicated by the context and by other scriptures, the judgment Jesus speaks of is not based on what a person did before he died but on his actions after he is resurrected...

EH?????

So.....why was the thief who was crucified with Jesus rewarded pronto?

Did we hear about Jesus saying -
"wait, wait, wait hold your horses.....that doesn't count. You should ask me after you're resurrected." :lol:

Continuation….

Last edited:

Continuation:

we know this because Romans 6:7 states that a person “who has died has been acquitted from his sin"...each person who is resurrected will show by his course of action whether he is obedient, with eternal “life” as a reward, or disobedient, resulting in the “judgment” of death...

See, I warned you against cherry-picking. :lol: Go back to 2 Peter 2, and read all of it:

2 Peter 2

20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.

21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.

22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”

Therefore, your interpretation is wrong. :shrug:

Being acquitted of sins does not give license for us to keep sinning.

So - if we are Christians, we better not be supportive of the slaughter of innocents!
In fact, we have to try - keep trying - to save them.

And, we better not use the arguments being used by the ungodly to justify the murders!
That's a good example with this day and age - the 21st century version of Sodom and Gomorrah.

2 Peter 2

13 They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.

14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood!

15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, who loved the wages of wickedness.

Last edited:
Which is fine if you are a believer in fairy tales, but I don't believe one word of what is written in the bible when it pertains to "the word of god".

So....why do you bother reading - let alone, responding? :lol:

Read the title of this topic. The argument is on the basis of doctrine(s) by believers
of the Abrahamic God - do they believe in the same God - (which you think are fairy tales).

You feeling needy today? Wanting some attention? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
So....why do you bother reading - let alone, responding? :lol:

Read the title of this topic. The argument is on the basis of doctrine(s) by believers
of the Abrahamic God - do they believe in the same God - (which you think are fairy tales).

You feeling needy today? Wanting some attention? :mrgreen:

This section is called belief and skepticism

And I am your regular skeptic when it comes to religion.

Back
Top Bottom