• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the Tea Party become MAGA?

?

• Total voters
Basically, the Tea Party folks were disrupters: when they were at town hall meetings they would scream and then walk away without letting the object of their ire to respond, there was never any debate or conversation.

They bought into falsehoods. They were the start of conflating opinion with news, either on purpose or they didn’t know any better. Anybody in that movement that bought into the Birther conspiracy transitioned easily to MAGA.

So, yeah, I think overall they simply transitioned it being MAGA since so much of their anger, false victim hood and views were taken up by MAGA.

I think that it is telling right now, how so many righties on this thread are trying to distance themselves from MAGA by trying to claim that the left is responsible for its definition. I guess they have forgotten that Trump supporters came up with it, sold hats, shirts and bumper stickers over it.

I’m doing so, the created a descriptor for themselves. MAGA was crated by them to show their support for Trump who made it as part of his mantra. The right who supports him wore it like a badge. To be MAGA is to believe that you are making America great again through support of Trump and through conservatives and GOP’ers who also support Trump.

The left is using as it was meant to be: a way to identify those who support Trump in an effort to make America frat again (or so they think).

Are you triggered by the word or idea of Woke?

MAGA are the traitorous followers of Donald Trump who believe in Qanon conspiracy theories.
@iamwhatiseem and his ilk support GOP factory farms and ranches that knowingly employ what GOPs call ‘illegal migrants’.

And there it is... that is all you got out of that?
As expected, I thought you would be unwilling to explain that part. I just don’t understand why you feel the need for the charade. You know what you are, we know what you are, so why all the excess energy keeping up the act?

You don’t hear so much about the Tea Party anymore. The main issue they cared about was government spending. There are certainly still plenty of budget hawks around. I don't see the Tea Party as a rallying point as much as I do MAGA related vernacular.

Did the Tea Party naturally evolve into the reactionary movement known as MAGA?
The Tea Party has Evolved the GOP, and the GOP has diluted the Tea Party. But The Tea Party movement is responsible for
allowing Trump to get the GOP Presidential Nomination!

The Tea Party (Ron Paul esc) was a movement where the American Voters who support the GOP realized that the
GOP were pretty much , just as bad as the DEM's (The DEM-REP Monopoly). The in the 2012 Election Ron Paul had FAR More REAL support than any other candidate, but the Media/DC Status Quo tried to Character Assassinate Paul, and was not allowed to get the Nominations.

Now the same thing, but on Steroids, is happening to Trump! But Trump is fighting back and winning!

(Notice even FOX was against Paul)

But to your point MAGA (Make America Great Again) is basically in line with the Tea Party (Follow the Constitution to a good life in a good Nation).
So I assume they are working tworads the same goal.

The Tea Party has Evolved the GOP, and the GOP has diluted the Tea Party. But The Tea Party movement is responsible for
allowing Trump to get the GOP Presidential Nomination!

The Tea Party (Ron Paul esc) was a movement where the American Voters who support the GOP realized that the
GOP were pretty much , just as bad as the DEM's (The DEM-REP Monopoly). The in the 2012 Election Ron Paul had FAR More REAL support than any other candidate, but the Media/DC Status Quo tried to Character Assassinate Paul, and was not allowed to get the Nominations.

Now the same thing, but on Steroids, is happening to Trump! But Trump is fighting back and winning!

(Notice even FOX was against Paul)

But to your point MAGA (Make America Great Again) is basically in line with the Tea Party (Follow the Constitution to a good life in a good Nation).
So I assume they are working tworads the same goal.

Correction: MAGA is about loyalty to Donald Trump, acting to ensure his wealth and power, and compliance with his desires. MAGA does not trifle with little things like the Constitution or the quality of your life, and claiming otherwise is the mark of a Globalist RINO. You’re either on record as loyal to Trump above all else, or you’re no MAGA.

@iamwhatiseem and his ilk support GOP factory farms and ranches that knowingly employ what GOPs call ‘illegal migrants’.
Agribusiness is famous for doing this. Publicly the republicans complain about immigrant but privately their businesses love to hire them on the cheap.

This is not far from where I grew up. Its also very red.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-minors-working-ohio-poultry-plant-rcna121502

As expected, I thought you would be unwilling to explain that part. I just don’t understand why you feel the need for the charade. You know what you are, we know what you are, so why all the excess energy keeping up the act?
And what am I?.... lemme guess... a TRUMPER!!!!!! MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!

The election between Hillary and Trump was the first election I did not vote.
I could not bring myself to vote for either one. But when Trump won, I was at least happy it wasn't the uber-elitist, arguably the most corrupt person in Washington who won.
I voted for Trump against Biden, because I did not want non elected zealots running the executive branch. Which is exactly what happened, and look at us now.

This country desperately needs a unifier. A unifier that cares more about the country than himself/herself, their connections and wealth/power they can bring to themselves and their families.
Trump is a divider. Biden is a divider. So either way, the dividing cliff between ourselves is going to get wider still till we finally break as a nation.
Surely to God - you can see this.
In this election it's up to the voters to choose between Liberal Democracy vs Fascist Dictatorship.

You say you didn't vote in 2016 and you say you voted for Trump in 2020.

So by your own account you have been instrumental in forcing this clear choice. That is, you haven't been right yet. Indeed, enabling Trump since 2016 has put us where we are today due to all the insane horrors that have cursed the United States up to the moment. Airhead Independents gave us Trump in 2016 and no one else.

And what am I?.... lemme guess... a TRUMPER!!!!!! MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!
Nah, just someone who is afraid to answer a simple question. Only you can speak to the origin of your fear.

Its a good descriptive term.
You realize it means that if you vote for Trump, he will make America great again, right? It's not simply an insult, which is how the libs use it.
Woke didn't start out as an insult either, but it sure is now. I would argue the leftists made it that way by going way overboard with their race baiting and DEI stuff.

You don’t hear so much about the Tea Party anymore. The main issue they cared about was government spending. There are certainly still plenty of budget hawks around. I don't see the Tea Party as a rallying point as much as I do MAGA related vernacular.

The John Birch Sociaty/Libratisrion dark money created the Astro turf Tea Baggers became MAGA. Yeah!!! 😉

You realize it means that if you vote for Trump, he will make America great again, right? It's not simply an insult, which is how the libs use it.
Woke didn't start out as an insult either, but it sure is now. I would argue the leftists made it that way by going way overboard with their race baiting and DEI stuff.
I know that MAGA is an acronym.

Rush Limbaugh's audience became MAGA. That is why Trump awarded him our highest civilian honor.
Rush died before the loony left got butthurt about MAGA.

I know that MAGA is an acronym.
I'm sure you do. What I was questioning is why you thought it was a good descriptive term when I'm assuming you disagree with what it's saying.

Yes the Tea Party was a racist response to Obama being elected and they naturally gravitated to birther Trump.

5375250_4.jpg

The reason you see MAGA everywhere is because the left media plasters it everywhere.
Hell Joe Biden says it all the time.
I would wager that if you could measure how many times the word "Maga" is said in the media - a left media person says it at minimum 20 to 1 for how many times a right media says it.

If you don't like it - stop obsessing over it.
Where I live there is no shortage of Make America Great Again (MAGA) hats being worn.

It is not the left wing media telling them to wear those hats on their heads. <shrug>

The Tea Party has more in common with “Occupy Wall St” than with MAGA. I’m not talking in ideology, but in honest intent and goodness of spirit. MAGA and Tea Party stated goals are nothing alike and their spirits are nothing alike. MAGA has a meanness to it that hasn’t been seen in a long time. Not since the 1920’s-‘30’s.

The Tea Party started as traditional Conservative ideology: smaller federal government, balanced budgets and not spending more than is coming in.

MAGA is Trump and Trump sets its ideology. What’s spoken may be one thing but what matters is what’s actually set as agenda by a MAGA administration. We actually had one so we know what its true agenda is: temporary minuscule tax cut for the middle class, larger permanent ones for the wealthy, more government spending for corporate welfare, cuts in civil programs, and appointment of pro business federal judge (their real reason for appointment) who are also inclined toward greater 2nd Amendment and pro-life decisions.
The Teabaggers was total Astro Turf & had quite a few mean bones in their body. The fiscal conservative schtick lasted about a week. Recall if you will the bone through the nose Obama posters. Etc…

Back
Top Bottom