• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the Tea Party become MAGA?

?

• Total voters
I'm sure you do. What I was questioning is why you thought it was a good descriptive term when I'm assuming you disagree with what it's saying.
Because it sounds nicer than fascist.

You don’t hear so much about the Tea Party anymore. The main issue they cared about was government spending. There are certainly still plenty of budget hawks around. I don't see the Tea Party as a rallying point as much as I do MAGA related vernacular.

Did the Tea Party naturally evolve into the reactionary movement known as MAGA?
The Tea Party members were a bit ignorant and dressed like slobs, even at national events. So, yes, these classless people slid right into being Trumpers-------the transition was really no transition at all. I was there, I saw it....

MAGAts are disaffected populist voters
MAGA is only the lastest iteration
previously, we knew this cohort as the teabaggers
when their quasi-leader, ron paul, left the public eye
the teabaggers were rudderless, awaiting another leader
the cult members then latched onto tRump ... more accurately, he latched onto them
who renamed the cult to become known as MAGA

The reason you see MAGA everywhere is because the left media plasters it everywhere.
Hell Joe Biden says it all the time.
I would wager that if you could measure how many times the word "Maga" is said in the media - a left media person says it at minimum 20 to 1 for how many times a right media says it.

If you don't like it - stop obsessing over it.
"MAGA" is a LW boogieman, and bizarre obsession.

The reason you see MAGA everywhere is because the left media plasters it everywhere.
Um, yeah.....

The media, reports what so-called conservatives present. It's really sad how out-of-touch with reality that so many of you "conservatives" are from what you continue to choose as suitable representation and the Party that you all helped create. The idea that so many of you think that you can somehow remove yourselves from what you have been blindly supporting for at least since 2016, is just absurd. Own it proudly. And not like the handful of "moderate" Republicans that have recently quit Congress after helping to create this extremist, nationally-embarrassing MAGA mess.

Last edited:
why do the cult members show up wearing MAGAt paraphernalia?
they are wearing their team's logo
the left is not making them do that

why do the cult members show up wearing MAGAt paraphernalia?
they are wearing their team's logo
the left is not making them do that
Wearing a shirt or hat for something you support does not comprise a "cult". Several million KC Chiefs fans could tell you that.
PS: don't Biden supporters show up with "Biden" gear? or are they embarrassed?

Wearing a shirt or hat for something you support does not comprise a "cult". Several million KC Chiefs fans could tell you that.
PS: don't Biden supporters show up with "Biden" gear? or are they embarrassed?
then you agree the following is a bogus assertion:
in the approaching binary presidential election there are now two teams
MAGAts
and those with a brain
the MAGAts - of their own volition - choose to wear the red MAGAt hat showing their support for their misguided team

there is no obsession. there is an important, pending contest between the two teams/parties

we can re-visit this thread in november

The Tea Party was founded in 2009 which attained their most strength in 2010. They had 48 house members. In 2011 15 GOP senators formed their own version of a Tea Party caucus. But by 2016 the Tea party was basically dead. Down to 12 house members with 5 senators. The Tea Party faded away.

Since basically the Tea Party ceased to exist around 2016 or a bit after, there’s no way it could have transformed into MAGA. Most of the remaining Tea Party members joined the Freedom Caucus.
In my hometown of Norfolk, VA a man named randy Wright started a group in the seventies called the Tea party, Taxed Enough Already. He was a nut.

So, to reject the "cult" reality of this shame, you simply defer to this as simply being a member of a sports team?! Maybe that's the root of the Right-wing partisan problem, yeah? The country should be more than an idiot wearing a Party jersey.

The Tea Party has more in common with “Occupy Wall St” than with MAGA. I’m not talking in ideology, but in honest intent and goodness of spirit. MAGA and Tea Party stated goals are nothing alike and their spirits are nothing alike. MAGA has a meanness to it that hasn’t been seen in a long time. Not since the 1920’s-‘30’s.

The Tea Party started as traditional Conservative ideology: smaller federal government, balanced budgets and not spending more than is coming in.

MAGA is Trump and Trump sets its ideology. What’s spoken may be one thing but what matters is what’s actually set as agenda by a MAGA administration. We actually had one so we know what its true agenda is: temporary minuscule tax cut for the middle class, larger permanent ones for the wealthy, more government spending for corporate welfare, cuts in civil programs, and appointment of pro business federal judge (their real reason for appointment) who are also inclined toward greater 2nd Amendment and pro-life decisions.
The TEA party was the opposite of Occupy Wall Street. I stopped reading when you made that outrageous claim.

Oh that is even funnier than your last fail.
You think you present fear in me??
You are quite proud of yourself... on the big internet.
Not at all. I think you presented the fear to yourself and cowered accordingly. After all, you were unable to describe what soured your opinion of Trump these past four years... before the whole world. Any normal person would have simply chosen one of the two obvious answers, but this was beyond your ability. Worse, what should have been a simple answer resulted in the undermining of your alleged neutrality that you sacrificed for so little. It's rather unfortunate. A better MAGA would have invested more energy to bolster the charade. You, sadly, were not of that caliber...

You don’t hear so much about the Tea Party anymore. The main issue they cared about was government spending. There are certainly still plenty of budget hawks around. I don't see the Tea Party as a rallying point as much as I do MAGA related vernacular.

Did the Tea Party naturally evolve into the reactionary movement known as MAGA?
I voted "other". It is certain that many former "tea party" types became MAGA, but there are quite a few who might have been classified "tea partiers" who are now NeverTrumpers. I don't know that I ever considered myself a "tea party" member, but many of my views aligned with theirs at the time. I am certainly not MAGA now or ever.

The Teabaggers was total Astro Turf & had quite a few mean bones in their body. The fiscal conservative schtick lasted about a week. Recall if you will the bone through the nose Obama posters. Etc…

That’s my point. The Obama stuff showed up AFTER the movement was usurped by the Rove/Koch crowd. Before that it was guts in cosplay saying, “No taxation without representation.”, preaching fiscal conservatism and smaller government.

The TEA party was the opposite of Occupy Wall Street. I stopped reading when you made that outrageous claim.

You didn’t understand what I meant. If you did read further you would have because I explained it.

What was meant is they were alike as they were both grassroots, street level, activism when they started that got usurped when others who wanted to push specific agendas through them recognized they had brand value they could steal to do that with.

I wasn’t implying the had similar political viewpoints.

Not at all. I think you presented the fear to yourself and cowered accordingly. After all, you were unable to describe what soured your opinion of Trump these past four years... before the whole world. Any normal person would have simply chosen one of the two obvious answers, but this was beyond your ability. Worse, what should have been a simple answer resulted in the undermining of your alleged neutrality that you sacrificed for so little. It's rather unfortunate. A better MAGA would have invested more energy to bolster the charade. You, sadly, were not of that caliber...
Another fail.
Here is you:
A person makes a comment.
You come along and make an empty, accusatory statement on a cherry picked part of that comment.
The person ignores your accusation.
You think you won something.

Tea Party wasn’t a cult, maga is a straight up cult, maga is a meaningless slogan, not really about making America great again it’s about fealty is to one man, loyalty must be to one man, dear leader.

Just like the term RINO, which has been hijacked by the cult and now simply applies to anyone and everyone who fails the fealty to dear leader requirement, patriot has been hijacked and now applies to worshipping dear leader, establishment now simply applies to anyone who fails the fealty to dear leader requirement.

Last edited:
Tea Party wasn’t a cult, maga is a straight up cult, maga is a meaningless slogan, not really about making America great again it’s about fealty is to one man, loyalty must be to one man, dear leader.

Just like the term RINO, which has been hijacked by the cult and now simply applies to anyone and everyone who fails the fealty to dear leader requirement, patriot has been hijacked and now applies to worshipping dear leader, establishment now simply applies to anyone who fails the fealty to dear leader requirement.
The Libertarian Koch Dark Money Network sponsored the Teabaggers from day one totally Astro Turf, for lower taxes & regulations, they morphed into Birthers & then MAGA with the Drumpf's assendency. :( 😇

Back
Top Bottom