• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

• Total voters
Re: Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

Personally, I think they need to start playing 2 Live Crew at the rally's...

YouTube (NSFW)

:2dancing::2dancing::2dancing:

They already feature SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL. How do you get more clear than that?

He's only unhappy because the WH was flooded with complaints by Republicans who know they're being defined by his white nationalist rallies. At the time he loved every second of it.

I can’t think of a more futile waste of time than to attempt to convince his haters that his response to it then and now was adequate, so I’m not going to try. Personally, I’m glad he didn’t defend it.

I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

Attaching poll.

I'm glad you don't like it but I think you think that Trump meant it when he said he was unhappy with it... I don't, I think he wouldn't give 2 squirts of pxxs what his supporters say... or do, or need , want... as long as they vote for him.

Trump's not agreeing with the chant would have meant much more if last night he had snapped as he heard it, "Now just stop that crap right now" instead of commenting today.

Whether it was the f-bomb chants against Trump or this, it's uncivil and beneath.

What would a comment be without a butwhataboutthedemocrats!!!

And of course it would have meant more, because at the time Trump encouraged it, paused to let it build, basked in it, preened during it, and clearly loved every second of it. Now he's lying about how he felt, and so, yeah, lies aren't all that effective.

He said he wasn’t happy with it. That’s pretty clear.

Meh. I'm sure he would've been fine with it if he wasn't hearing any backlash. He's a politician. When his side isn't happy, he has to make sure he gets back into good graces.

I'm glad you don't like it but I think you think that Trump meant it when he said he was unhappy with it... I don't, I think he wouldn't give 2 squirts of pxxs what his supporters say... or do, or need , want... as long as they vote for him.

In their heart of hearts, I think that’s true of the vast majority of elected officials.

I can’t think of a more futile waste of time than to attempt to convince his haters that his response to it then and now was adequate, so I’m not going to try. Personally, I’m glad he didn’t defend it.

It's nice that he at least walked it back after the fact instead of doubling down like he normally does. That being said, in the moment he seemed to bask in the chants and a little while later even made another "if you don't like it, leave" type of statement. So I don't know the sincerity of the walk-back. But at the very least, he did seem to try to walk it back afterwards.

Then it's not "going too far", it's simply unacceptable. To characterize it as going too far is apology; it pretends there's a legitimate basis.

Hair splitting.

But yes. People have a right to their opinions, and "gasp!". To voicing them as well.

You just described all politicians, with few exceptions, imo.

Meh. I'm sure he would've been fine with it if he wasn't hearing any backlash. He's a politician. When his side isn't happy, he has to make sure he gets back into good graces.

Frankly, with regard to the things he says, my expectations of him are super low (sad, I know) and I’m just glad he didn’t try defending the chant or worse, double down on it.

His supporters were loving it when he coined it, now they see they have gine to far, they disavow it.

Rinse, repeat.

Hair splitting.

But yes. People have a right to their opinions, and "gasp!". To voicing them as well.

It's important hair splitting.

She doesn't belong. She's not one of us Americans. She hates us. She's alien. Send her back.

No where along that line is an acceptable expression. It's not "going too far", unless one believes the abject alienation (of a Congressperson) is acceptable on some level.

And what does it say of respect for her constituents.

Last edited:
You just described all politicians, with few exceptions, imo.

When will people get it straight that Trump is fundamentally different that all the other self serving politicians? Yes, all dogs are dogs. But a mad dog foaming at the mouth and goes around biting people is very very different and must be treated totally differently.

I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

Attaching poll.

I am afraid that what offends your (not YOU, but call it Trump supporters in general) sensibilities today will seem like 'no big deal tomorrow", as this is just one more desensitation of Trump supporters as the wander further and further from decorum and decency, after allowing themselves to be untethered from American values. How very cult-like.

What was wrong with simply saying “I may disagree with what Representative Omar said, but she has the right to say it.”

As you can see right here, it isn't enough to disagree with her, she has to be painted as a horrible person, her very existence, a national calamity.

Paradoxically, that is exactly what Trump is.

His supporters were loving it when he coined it, now they see they have gine to far, they disavow it.

Rinse, repeat.

Where did he “coin” it? Sincerely asking, did he ever say “send her back?”

Attaching poll.

I think you're right, but I have a feeling that the "send her back" chant will persist. It's in the nature of the beast that Trump is riding.

There are any number of ways to chant anti-Omar sentiment (which is not inherently bad) that doesn’t include packaging her up and sending her somewhere.

This is what tyrants love, attacking individuals because they disagree with them.

Debating the issues doesn't help, so you resort to demagoguery.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how one might express the sentiment in a way that doesn't go too far.

Argue the issues on their merit?

This is what tyrants love, attacking individuals because they disagree with them.

Debating the issues doesn't help, so you resort to demagoguery.

At least he hasn’t called for following them around and cornering them in restaurants and gas stations.

He said he wasn’t happy with it. That’s pretty clear.

He should've said so when it happened, not after the fact and after the press and a few republicans rebuked it next day.

Not doing stopping the chants when they happened showed a lack of leadership.

Last edited:
Argue the issues on their merit?

The issue of ad hom via lies alienation of a Congressperson. Not acceptable on any level. "Doesn't belong" isn't acceptable. "Get out" isn't acceptable. "Force her out" is not acceptable.

None of that is acceptable.

This isn't "going too far", it's unacceptable. Period.

The issue of ad hom via lies alienation of a Congressperson. Not acceptable on any level. "Doesn't belong" isn't acceptable. "Get out" isn't acceptable. "Force her out" is not acceptable.

None of that is acceptable.

This isn't "going too far", it's unacceptable. Period.

Trump has already crossed this line so many countless times.

At least he hasn’t called for following them around and cornering them in restaurants and gas stations.

He's just inspired terrorist attacks. So its all good.

Back
Top Bottom