• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Death projections are down from 90k to 80k now to 60k

Wrong. They are sharply down.

Actually, they're not, but those deaths are being blamed on CV if they test positive in the hospital. That's the point.

The actual death total for CV looks like it will be about 4% of original estimations, and that's will the fluffed up numbers.

If you subtract the over-80 patients with pre-existing conditions, probably less than 10,000 people will die from CV.

Sweden was right.

Show me the records. Not some guy's opinion. Give me numbers. Show me ANY evidence of your claim. Here's some of mine:

'''Cardiac calls''' to 911 in New York City surge, and they may really be more COVID cases

From March 20 to April 5, 2019, cardiac calls averaged 69 a day in New York City, with an average of 27 deaths — 39 percent of the calls.
For the same period this year, cardiac calls averaged 195 a day, with an average of 129 deaths, meaning 66 percent of those calls involved a death.

The difference has become more pronounced as the disease has spread.

From March 30 to April 5, 2019, there were an average of 69 calls a day for cardiac patients and 26 deaths, meaning 38 percent of the calls.

For March 30 to April 5, 2020 — the week ending Sunday — cardiac calls averaged 284 a day, with 200 deaths a day. Seventy-two percent of the calls ended in death.

NYC reporting quadruple the number of cardiac arrest calls, with a sharp increase in the percentage of those calls being ultimately a fatality.

Incidentally, it is completely invalid to subtract anyone with a pre-existing condition. A person with diabetes dying due to the coronavirus is still a death due to coronavirus. Diabetes wasn't going to kill them this week.

Right wingers keep repeating this as if it's a fact. It's not. You just keep hearing it from people on a message board and now you believe it's true. There is no such drop. The data actually shows the opposite of this. There is a sharp INCREASE in cardiac events!
Thanks for pointing that out. I get tired of reading the same stupid, uninformed talking points over and over again. I sure wish (certain) people would engage their brains, occasionally - assuming, of course, the intellectual capacity.

Incidentally, it is completely invalid to subtract anyone with a pre-existing condition. A person with diabetes dying due to the coronavirus is still a death due to coronavirus. Diabetes wasn't going to kill them this week.
I have tried, in multiple threads, to explain how epidemiologists determine "disease burden" - but it does not penetrate. Talking heads gonna talk, and empty heads gonna listen and repeat.

We'll over half these CV deaths were actually heart attacks, strokes, and other events. They're just counting everything as CV because that's where the government money is.

How else do you explain the sudden sharp drop in heart attack and stroke deaths?

Exactly right. This whole thing is an overblown fraud.

Right wingers keep repeating this as if it's a fact. It's not. You just keep hearing it from people on a message board and now you believe it's true. There is no such drop. The data actually shows the opposite of this. There is a sharp INCREASE in cardiac events!

The New York Times disagrees with you.

Back
Top Bottom