• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court files reveal role of McCain, aide in spreading anti-Trump dossier

Complete, blithering BS. No one holds a lower opinion of Trump than I do, but these authors discredited themselves and damaged their profession, without doing anything good or useful for the country. They are ego-driven charlatans.

Actually they only increased their reputation with the courageous act of disobeying a rule over the duty of warn the nation about a mentally ill President.

Actually they only increased their reputation with the courageous act of disobeying a rule over the duty of warn the nation about a mentally ill President.

A fanatic's rant. You are as much a part of the problem as is Trump.

On the contrary, every Presidential vote I cast in my life before 2016 was for a Republican.

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

:thumbs: The elders in my family were all Democrats, probably because they thought so much of FDR's handling of the Depression. Today my generation is kinda half and half, and because they know I always vote Republican we all agreed not to discuss politics when we get together, and so far no one has broken the treaty!

Last edited:
mail
“And another thing . . .”

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

:thumbs: The elders in my family were all Democrats, probably because they thought so much of FDR's handling of the Depression. Today my generation is kinda half and half, and because they know I always vote Republican we all agreed not to discuss politics when we get together, and so far no one has broken the treaty!

Greetings, Polgara.:2wave:

My maternal grandfather was the only Republican member of the United Mine Workers.
My parents were consistent Republican voters as long as my father lived. After he passed away my mother voted for more Democrats.
Among Democrats, I favored Paul Tsongas but he died. In 2016 I voted third party.

mail
“And another thing . . .”

Retired Sen. Bob Kerrey of Nebraska had a good take on what bone 🍖 spurs are.

(It's like Murray St. and Marquette are both #5 seeds.)

Greetings, Polgara.:2wave:

My maternal grandfather was the only Republican member of the United Mine Workers.
My parents were consistent Republican voters as long as my father lived. After he passed away my mother voted for more Democrats.
Among Democrats, I favored Paul Tsongas but he died. In 2016 I voted third party.

TaxOnGas and Taxachusetts? In my time since 1953, GOPs have been much harder on each other than they are on Dems, beginning with Nixon on Romney.

Then go whine to Trump that you disagree with his opinion. And as persistently as you guys want to deny the claim, it would seem that you view it as a dark stain.

Trump's behavior is inhumane. Period.

He is garbage, human garbage.

Regardless of how one feels about John McCain, the man, the long time senator who reached across the aisle to Democrats, a decorated war hero, a beloved father and husband, friend of many, I knew his hands were dirty when it came to the dossier and he lied about being involved in releasing an UNVERIFIED dossier to the media.

IMO, Trump's remarks about McCain not being a hero fueled McCain's vindictiveness. What a petty, false equivalency on McCain's part to give an unverified dossier about a sitting president to the media. Was he consumed with sour grapes or what?

Even from the grave McCain fights for America.

Doing the right thing, even if nobody is looking, is the mark of a good man. God bless Sen. John McCain.

LBJ should have fried Nixon. No wonder he drank himself to death.

I noticed you admitted to voting GOP through 2012. I always had you pegged.

Which tells you how extremely serious the authors took their responsibility to warn the nation about the mental illness of Trump knowing it violate certain rules of the profession. They were willing to violate the rules because they saw THE DUTY TO WARN as being higher.

That does not condemn the authors. Just the opposite. It commends the authors for their willingness to violate a rule in greater pursuit of a more important ideal.

:thumbdown:spin::idea:

Roseann:)

Regardless of how one feels about John McCain, the man, the long time senator who reached across the aisle to Democrats, a decorated war hero, a beloved father and husband, friend of many, I knew his hands were dirty when it came to the dossier and he lied about being involved in releasing an UNVERIFIED dossier to the media.

IMO, Trump's remarks about McCain not being a hero fueled McCain's vindictiveness. What a petty, false equivalency on McCain's part to give an unverified dossier about a sitting president to the media. Was he consumed with sour grapes or what?

OMG! McCain was spreading the truth (as we're finding out) about Dear Leader? Certainly a high crime in the eyes of the true believers.

Only lickspittles are respected, and McCain certainly wasn't one of those.

LBJ should have fried Nixon. No wonder he drank himself to death.

I noticed you admitted to voting GOP through 2012. I always had you pegged.

Never denied it. I would have voted for Tsongas had he lived and won the nomination.

OMG! McCain was spreading the truth (as we're finding out) about Dear Leader? Certainly a high crime in the eyes of the true believers.

Only lickspittles are respected, and McCain certainly wasn't one of those.

McCain wasn't spreading truth at the time he sought and obtained this dossier from Steele. I am going to assume McCain read the dossier and learned what Steele said about the dossier...
According to Steele, raw data; uncorroborated and unverified hearsay was the fabric of the dossier.

See deposition #66-link posted by lutherf early in the thread, and learn something new today.
https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...eading-anti-trump-dossier.html#post1069819904

Stop saying the dossier is the truth. Until we see the Mueller report, there's no sense in spreading rumors...

Last edited:
McCain wasn't spreading truth at the time he sought this dossier from Steele.
He was spreading, according to Steele, raw data; uncorroborated and unverified hearsay. See deposition #66-link posted by luther early in the thread, and learn something new today.

Neither McCain nor anyone else outside the law enforcement and intelligence communities had any responsibility whatsoever to do anything but make sure the dossier was investigated. McCain did that; his actions rated an A+.

Neither McCain nor anyone else outside the law enforcement and intelligence communities had any responsibility whatsoever to do anything but make sure the dossier was investigated. McCain did that; his actions rated an A+.

He lied about the way the dossier came to him. He initially said it suddenly appeared on his desk. Instead, we later learned via the deposition that McCain used an intermediary instead of obtaining the dossier himself, and that intermediary, John Kramer, acted recklessly in giving the dossier to the media. McCain shares some blame for this recklessness. The dossier should never have touched Kramer's hands to begin with... He wasn't even a government employee at the time.
The premise of my thread was to say that he had a big role in obtaining that dossier. A lot more than he initially admitted to...

He lied about the way the dossier came to him. He initially said it suddenly appeared on his desk. Instead, we later learned via the deposition that McCain used an intermediary instead of obtaining the dossier himself, and that intermediary, John Kramer, acted recklessly in giving the dossier to the media. McCain shares some blame for this recklessness. The dossier should never have touched Kramer's hands to begin with... He wasn't even a government employee at the time.
The premise of my thread was to say that he had a big role in obtaining that dossier. A lot more than he initially admitted to...

1. It should have gone to the media. That was a good thing.
2. It is fully inconsequential that Kramer was not a government employee. The dossier was not government information.
3. The more McCain did to obtain the dossier, the more credit is due him.

1. It should have gone to the media. That was a good thing.
2. It is fully inconsequential that Kramer was not a government employee. The dossier was not government information.
3. The more McCain did to obtain the dossier, the more credit is due him.

Agree to disagree on all three above.

I have to disagree with you Jack. Kramer worked with Senator John McCain in many capacities over the years. They were buddies.

McCain first learned about the salacious dossier while he was in Canada at some summit. He calls his buddy Kramer. It was his buddy Kramer that went across the pond to get a copy from Steele himself.

McCain did turn over a copy of the dossier to the FBI only to learn they were already aware of it and investigating it.

So what was behind Kramer passing out the dossier to at least 12 different news outlets when McCain already learned the FBI was aware of the dossier and investigating it? You see it was discovered last week in testimony released by a judge that it was McCain's buddy Kramer that shopped the dossier to the media knowing the FBI was already investigating it. But oh it gets better. All these news outlets spent countless resources for months trying to verify the crap and came up emptyhanded. But Buzzfeed with no scruples decided to post it online. And after that it wasn't long that CNN started covering it too.

There had be some shred of evidence to start and or continue the investigation into whether the Trump campaign worked with Russians to interfere in the 2016 election. Instead, we got another 'Iraq war' where 'it was certified by American intelligence agencies that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and was planning to use them on our allies in the Middle East.'

Your post is wrong. American intelligence agencies were wrong. Too many people based the investigation on unverified data.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you Jack. Kramer worked with Senator John McCain in many capacities over the years. They were buddies.

McCain first learned about the salacious dossier while he was in Canada at some summit. He calls his buddy Kramer. It was his buddy Kramer that went across the pond to get a copy from Steele himself.

McCain did turn over a copy of the dossier to the FBI only to learn they were already aware of it and investigating it.

So what was behind Kramer passing out the dossier to at least 12 different news outlets when McCain already learned the FBI was aware of the dossier and investigating it? You see it was discovered last week in testimony released by a judge that it was McCain's buddy Kramer that shopped the dossier to the media knowing the FBI was already investigating it. But oh it gets better. All these news outlets spent countless resources for months trying to verify the crap and came up emptyhanded. But Buzzfeed with no scruples decided to post it online. And after that it wasn't long that CNN started covering it too.

All this is to the credit of McCain and Kramer. There was no reason not to give it to the media and the media had no reason not to investigate it or even to publish it.

There had be some shred of evidence to start and or continue the investigation into whether the Trump campaign worked with Russians to interfere in the 2016 election. Instead, we got another 'Iraq war' where 'it was certified by American intelligence agencies that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and was planning to use them on our allies in the Middle East.'

Your post is wrong. American intelligence agencies were wrong. Too many people based the investigation on unverified data.

There didn't have to be anything. Verifying the data was the point.

Back
Top Bottom