• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Court files reveal role of McCain, aide in spreading anti-Trump dossier

There didn't have to be anything. Verifying the data was the point.

That's stupid. Maybe we should also start an investigation using CT theories about the US government starting the 9/11 bombings of the towers, for example? Start another Warren Commission Report into who killed Kennedy because some think it could be true that more than Oswald was involved? Stupid.

That's stupid. Maybe we should also start an investigation using CT theories about the US government starting the 9/11 bombings of the towers, for example? Start another Warren Commission report into who killed Kennedy because some think it could be true that more than Oswalt was involved? Stupid.

Have at it. The point about the dossier was that Trump's own behavior made it worthy of investigation.

All this is to the credit of McCain and Kramer. There was no reason not to give it to the media and the media had no reason not to investigate it or even to publish it.

Now wonder we have so much Fake News. Hand a the media a fake dossier and they have a round table of liberal pundits carrying on about Trump needs to be impeached. And Trump brought this on all by himself

Nope not a one...

Of course they have a different take on Fox.
54517635_2044948228887453_418173714044026880_n.jpg

There didn't have to be anything. Verifying the data was the point.

The dossier was in the hands of liberals and the liberal media and the crooked bias FBI and you think they would verify anything? Hell they used the dossier as is to get a FISA warrant.

Now wonder we have so much Fake News. Hand a the media a fake dossier and they have a round table of liberal pundits carrying on about Trump needs to be impeached. And Trump brought this on all by himself

The dossier was in the hands of liberals and the liberal media and the crooked bias FBI and you think they would verify anything? Hell they used the dossier as is to get a FISA warrant.

The FBI is neither crooked nor biased.

Stop with the sophomoric personal attacks and attack the story or just fade into the sunset .
I am in no mood for your nonsense.

Indeed the mood over there is despair.

Desperation.

Which is why the settled matter of the dossier is being disinterred.

From your link: "In a newly unsealed declaration from September...In another filing, David Kramer -- a former State Department official and McCain associate -- said in a Dec. 13, 2017, deposition..."

Fail.

The FBI's record for honesty and integrity is admirable.

That is not what I asked.

And I remind you of John Edgar Hoover who ruled over the FBI for 37 years.

In August 1919, the 24-year-old Hoover became head of the Bureau of Investigation's new General Intelligence Division, also known as the Radical Division because its goal was to monitor and disrupt the work of domestic radicals.[23] America's First Red Scare was beginning, and one of Hoover's first assignments was to carry out the Palmer Raids.[24]

Hoover and his chosen assistant, George Ruch,[25] monitored a variety of U.S. radicals with the intent to punish, arrest, or deport those whose politics they decided were dangerous. Targets during this period included Marcus Garvey;[26] Rose Pastor Stokes and Cyril Briggs;[27] Emma Goldman and Alexander Berkman;[28] and future Supreme Court justice Felix Frankfurter, who, Hoover maintained, was "the most dangerous man in the United States."

Hoover was sometimes unpredictable in his leadership. He frequently fired Bureau agents, singling out those he thought "looked stupid like truck drivers," or whom he considered "pinheads."[34][page needed] He also relocated agents who had displeased him to career-ending assignments and locations. Melvin Purvis was a prime example: Purvis was one of the most effective agents in capturing and breaking up 1930s gangs, and it is alleged that Hoover maneuvered him out of the Bureau because he was envious of the substantial public recognition Purvis received

Hell this is just the tip of the iceberg of Hovers criminal acts and his bias of certain politicians. So your statement that there is no one in the FBI is bias nor crooked, is as false as it can get. However was as crooked as anyone and he ran the FBI.

That is not what I asked.

And I remind you of John Edgar Hoover who ruled over the FBI for 37 years.

In August 1919, the 24-year-old Hoover became head of the Bureau of Investigation's new General Intelligence Division, also known as the Radical Division because its goal was to monitor and disrupt the work of domestic radicals.[23] America's First Red Scare was beginning, and one of Hoover's first assignments was to carry out the Palmer Raids.[24]

Hoover and his chosen assistant, George Ruch,[25] monitored a variety of U.S. radicals with the intent to punish, arrest, or deport those whose politics they decided were dangerous. Targets during this period included Marcus Garvey;[26] Rose Pastor Stokes and Cyril Briggs;[27] Emma Goldman and Alexander Berkman;[28] and future Supreme Court justice Felix Frankfurter, who, Hoover maintained, was "the most dangerous man in the United States."

Hoover was sometimes unpredictable in his leadership. He frequently fired Bureau agents, singling out those he thought "looked stupid like truck drivers," or whom he considered "pinheads."[34][page needed] He also relocated agents who had displeased him to career-ending assignments and locations. Melvin Purvis was a prime example: Purvis was one of the most effective agents in capturing and breaking up 1930s gangs, and it is alleged that Hoover maneuvered him out of the Bureau because he was envious of the substantial public recognition Purvis received

Hell this is just the tip of the iceberg of Hovers criminal acts and his bias of certain politicians. So your statement that there is no one in the FBI is bias nor crooked, is as false as it can get. However was as crooked as anyone and he ran the FBI.

I specifically did not​ say there is no one in the FBI who is biased or crooked. I doubt there is moral perfection in any government agency. What I can say, on the basis of decades of experience, is that the FBI as an institution has an enviable record of unbiased honesty. They look especially good when compared to Trump.

Eliot Ness and Robert Mueller.

Comey more and less, mostly less.

Which brings us to Putin-Trump who oppose the rule of law in USA and who are determined to destroy the FBI. Their Fanboys are their soldiers.

All this is to the credit of McCain and Kramer. There was no reason not to give it to the media and the media had no reason not to investigate it or even to publish it.
Their credit? Really?
You want to claim "no reason" but there is the element of purpose/motive for doing so. A salacious dossier that had not been verified turning over to the media by McCain's buddy that was very damning to Trump. There was a reason all the news outlets would not run with the story because they had their top investigative reporters on it and could not verify a darn thing for months! I will never forget Tom Brokaw's disgust that Buzzfeed published it because every major news source in DC had huge staffs dedicated to verifying it and came up with nothing so they didn't report on it. But Buzzfeed and CNN don't have scruples. But they sure did open the door for other news outlets to pick up the story. And that was the purpose all along for McCain's friend Kramer for shopping the dossier to sabotage the Trump presidency.

I specifically did not​ say there is no one in the FBI who is biased or crooked. I doubt there is moral perfection in any government agency. What I can say, on the basis of decades of experience, is that the FBI as an institution has an enviable record of unbiased honesty. They look especially good when compared to Trump.

I don't know what decades of experience you had but you sure missed the 37 yrs of Edgar Hovers time he was running the FBI. And the bias in the FBI over Trump which was and is in your face. As for looking good compared to Trump, yea Trump beat Crooked Hillary fair and square, However your bias crooked FBI tried to take Trump out. How many agents were involved in that process from Comey on down? I don't have an ounce of faith in those agents, from what Hover did to these assholes in the FBI that wanted to destroy Trump. But hey you hate Trump so whatever the FBI does is all OK with you.

Their credit? Really?
You want to claim "no reason" but there is the element of purpose/motive for doing so. A salacious dossier that had not been verified turning over to the media by McCain's buddy that was very damning to Trump. There was a reason all the news outlets would not run with the story because they had their top investigative reporters on it and could not verify a darn thing for months! I will never forget Tom Brokaw's disgust that Buzzfeed published it because every major news source in DC had huge staffs dedicated to verifying it and came up with nothing so they didn't report on it. But Buzzfeed and CNN don't have scruples. But they sure did open the door for other news outlets to pick up the story. And that was the purpose all along for McCain's friend Kramer for shopping the dossier to sabotage the Trump presidency.

It was Trump's own behavior that made the dossier credible, and made it imperative to engage the media. Once Trump became President his capability to quash an investigation grew by many multiples. The media were the insurance. John McCain acted to defend the USA.

Their credit? Really?

vesper: the MSN doesn't do their damn job and report on stuff! They're dishonest and stuff. That's CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS and the rest of the alphabet soup.

Also vesper: if them top investigator reporters at CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS and the rest of the alphabet soup can't get to the bottom of that mystery what hope does the FBI and Buzzfeed have!

------

Ma'am, do you think we don't notice?

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

I don't know what decades of experience you had but you sure missed the 37 yrs of Edgar Hovers time he was running the FBI. And the bias in the FBI over Trump which was and is in your face. As for looking good compared to Trump, yea Trump beat Crooked Hillary fair and square, However your bias crooked FBI tried to take Trump out. How many agents were involved in that process from Comey on down? I don't have an ounce of faith in those agents, from what Hover did to these assholes in the FBI that wanted to destroy Trump. But hey you hate Trump so whatever the FBI does is all OK with you.

Hoover died in 1972. He doesn't matter. No one tried to take Trump out. I believe Trump did indeed win fair and square. That doesn't matter either.

Here we go with vesper thinking up of ways to reconcile the claim that she thinks the MSM has teams of top investigators to verify and fact check one document WITH HER DAILY CLAIM, that they are also part of a liberal cabal distorting, misrepresenting, and outright lying about everything else involving this dossier.

Take a seat boys, it'll be fun.

It was Trump's own behavior that made the dossier credible, and made it imperative to engage the media. Once Trump became President his capability to quash an investigation grew by many multiples. The media were the insurance. John McCain acted to defend the USA.

John acted to defend the USA on an unverified document? Really? A document we all know was produced on the money of the Clinton campaign and the DNC? A document major news outlets could not verify exhausting all their sources? Really?

Yet this same John McCain asked for Trump's endorsement in his last primary. That was probably one of Trump's worst mistakes giving McCain an endorsement. Only to turn on Trump claiming in his frail condition would show up to vote for overturning Obamacare, he also told Mitch McConnell the same thing only to do the opposite.

Then he knows he is dying and publishes a book trashing Trump, many in the Republican party while praising his Democrat friends in the Senate. This man's actions in his last days solidified everything the Republican base despised about McCain. Sorry your argument of it be imperative to engage the media is hollow. McCain despised Trump, used him for his own personal gain and stabbed him in the back when given a chance.

John acted to defend the USA on an unverified document? Really? A document we all know was produced on the money of the Clinton campaign and the DNC? A document major news outlets could not verify exhausting all their sources? Really?

Yet this same John McCain asked for Trump's endorsement in his last primary. That was probably one of Trump's worst mistakes giving McCain an endorsement. Only to turn on Trump claiming in his frail condition would show up to vote for overturning Obamacare, he also told Mitch McConnell the same thing only to do the opposite.

Then he knows he is dying and publishes a book trashing Trump, many in the Republican party while praising his Democrat friends in the Senate. This man's actions in his last days solidified everything the Republican base despised about McCain. Sorry your argument of it be imperative to engage the media is hollow. McCain despised Trump, used him for his own personal gain and stabbed him in the back when given a chance.

Verifying or refuting the document was the imperative. We still don't know how much, if any of it was true. And engaging the media was necessary insurance.
The story about McCain and the Obamacare vote is false.
I despise Trump too. He is nonetheless President, and no one can be blamed for trying to make the best of a bad situation.
McCain's book was an honest testament. Praiseworthy.

[h=3]The recurring GOP myth about John McCain's 'no' on Obamacare repeal[/h]
[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../recurring-gop-myth-about-john-mccains-no-obama
[/URL]

Nov 21, 2018 - Fact Checker Analysis ... John McCain's 'thumbs down' vote against repealing Obamacare: An ... Then, both houses must vote on the final deal.

Senator hears document that incriminates a potential president is floating around. Understands investigation may go over the election, and that person could win - and could try to impede the investigation from being conducted in a serious manner.

Decided to give a copy of the document to media and to the FBI. If the FBI is infiltrated and some puppet tries to stop it from finding out whatever it may, the dossier would still be in the hands of the public.

I apologize for every bad thing I ever said about the man while he was alive. He wasn't a racist. He genuinely believed Obama to be a decent man, and he saw Trump as a step backwards for American statesmanship.

On the contrary, every Presidential vote I cast in my life before 2016 was for a Republican.

Only because you prefer that this administration be crippled.

Are you looking at their recent history? They took a "slacious and unverified" dossier planted by Fusion GPS who is hired to plant stories by the DNC, and used it to obtain a FISA warrant. They were corrupt to the very core.

Are you looking at their recent history? They took a "slacious and unverified" dossier planted by Fusion GPS who is hired to plant stories by the DNC, and used it to obtain a FISA warrant. They were corrupt to the very core.
And yet, conservatives have been unable to actually disprove the events in the dossier, which line up well with what is known.

Back
Top Bottom