• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could/should Trump order the military to discipline Vindman

Because Vindman was already being groomed for future assignments with greater responsibility/prestige and possible promotions, does not mean his being fired by POTUS will be ignored. At the senior officer level politics is very important. In some ways as important as how well an officer does their actual job.

Maybe a few years or so from now, Vindman will be recommended by a flag officer selection board and that recommendation will make it to the desk of a different POTUS, and that president will see fit to nominate Vindman to the Senate for confirmation. If that happens, great, but I would not count on it.

Vindman will progress a lot faster at the Pentagon. But Sr. Generals probably can't justify his war against Trump.

I recall the Col. who commanded our HQ and HQ battalion and how he got his star at the War College as a Brigadier General Officer. If I told you his name, I could lay money that no Democrat knows his name. And he rose to 4 star rank. Vindman is simply barely a Flag rank officer. He admits he is nothing special.

To help the forum out, he was a Lt General in Vietnam. In Europe he was considered the Patton in Germany for his leadership qualities.

HE commanded TRACON due to his Brilliance. The wars are still won using his fashion of war.

Who can name him?
Uninteresting non sequitur.

Uninteresting non sequitur.

My message is clear. Do not put too much stock in the lower ranking officers such as Vindman. He still is subject to UCMJ on how to treat presidents.

Bear in mind how intolerant was Obama when he disciplined the top ranking officers. Generals at the 4 star level have at minimum, hundreds of the Vindman types under their command.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R44389.pdf

Back
Top Bottom