• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

cop acquitted of murder captured on video

Your comprehension skills need work. Do you really believe policing is solely about response to imminent threats? Or that harm is strictly physical?

How does me not wanting to interact with cops indicate that my comprehension skills need work?

This outta be good... :lol:

but this policeman was so hyped on adrenaline, and taught to be so paranoid in his training, that that's all it took for him to honestly feel endangered and so he ended the victim's life.
I don't think this is result of police training as what, four other police officers did not fire their weapons. Rather, this is the result of an individual not hyped on adrenaline, but on authority.

Officer moron continued to escalate the situation even though he had total compliance and total control at one point. The officer appears to be playing with the victim and almost seems pre-disposed to kill somebody on a pretense.

The result should have been a conviction for Manslaughter (saving grace from second degree murder would have been the report of a gun aimed out a window). I would still opt for Murder 2 if the prosecution could present evidence that the officer had a preconceived intent to take such actions on a pretense.

Normally, finding such evidence would be hard as it is almost like proving a state of mind. But, this officer had apparently inscribed "You're F--ked" on his service weapon. That points towards a preconceived mind set to use the weapon on a pretense and thus Murder 2.

Evidently, the judge felt allowing the inscription to be presented would be prejudicial. Defendants are not usually protected from their own created notoriety. It does not matter whether the defendant is a police officer inscribing "You're F--ked" on a service weapon or a inner city youth inscribing "Thug Life" on a weapon.

I know one thing though.... That defense attorney is an unsung genius. How he convinced twelve people to absolve the officer of even a Manslaughter possibility is beyond me.

Last edited:
I don't think this is result of police training as what, four other police officers did not fire their weapons. Rather, this is the result of an individual not hyped on adrenaline, but on authority.

Officer moron continued to escalate the situation even though he had total compliance and total control at one point. The officer appears to be playing with the victim and almost seems pre-disposed to kill somebody on a pretense.

The result should have been a conviction for Manslaughter (saving grace from second degree murder would have been the report of a gun aimed out a window). I would still opt for Murder 2 if the prosecution could present evidence that the officer had a preconceived intent to take such actions on a pretense.

Normally, finding such evidence would be hard as it is almost like proving a state of mind. But, this officer had apparently inscribed "You're F--ked" on his service weapon. That points towards a preconceived mind set to use the weapon on a pretense and thus Murder 2.

Evidently, the judge felt allowing the inscription to be presented would be prejudicial. Defendants are not usually protected from their own created notoriety. It does not matter whether the defendant is a police officer inscribing "You're F--ked" on a service weapon or a inner city youth inscribing "Thug Life" on a weapon.

I know one thing though.... That defense attorney is an unsung genius. How he convinced twelve people to absolve the officer of even a Manslaughter possibility is beyond me.

I quite agree on the manslaughter charge...but the "you're f**ked" inscription on the policeman's firearm is especially troubling...which means that you're equally right about the quality of his defense attorney.

I quite agree on the manslaughter charge...but the "you're f**ked" inscription on the policeman's firearm is especially troubling...which means that you're equally right about the quality of his defense attorney.

Thanks for the agreement.

I wonder who the defense attorney is? Sometimes super star attorneys will take cases at a discount, or even pro bono as a means to generate advertising for the next client- who pays full price. In short, I wonder if this attorney an acknowledged star, or was he / she a closeted unknown wizard?

The yelling cop was not the shooting cop... FYI

How does me not wanting to interact with cops indicate that my comprehension skills need work?

This outta be good... :lol:

Look at the context of my post to you speaking about the harm you could be doing yourself, and then answer your own question. Give it some thought and don't shoot from the hip for change.

Look at the context of my post to you speaking about the harm you could be doing yourself, and then answer your own question. Give it some thought and don't shoot from the hip for change.

No.

Not wanting to interact with cops does not do me actual harm.

Disagree? Prove why I am wrong. Impossible... but go ahead....

The yelling cop was not the shooting cop... FYI
Thanks for the information. That would move me towards a manslaughter / negligent homicide conviction- even with the "You're Fu--ked" (which the judge forbade as evidence) inscribed on the shooter's service weapon. Even with out being able to consider the inscription, I would still support such a conviction given the totality of the situation.

The shooting officer not only personally decided to fire his weapon, but was complicit to the un needed escalation brought by the commands after total submission. I would also support Negligent Homicide charges against the officer yelling the escalating and contradictory commands.

Last edited:
All that mattered was that he reached behind him with his right hand, and the one whose body cam footage was shown could not see what the hand was reaching for. In a sensible world, the policeman wouldn't have shot...but this policeman was so hyped on adrenaline, and taught to be so paranoid in his training, that that's all it took for him to honestly feel endangered and so he ended the victim's life.

The problem isn't that policeman, but the training that instills such paranoia on the part of the police even as deaths of police are near a record low.

I think training does play a part. BUT the police officer has to have some personal responsibility for this. there are thousands of interactions with police everyday that do not end up in a shooting.. so I think its not quite right to think "training" is the only issue here.

JMHO.

You see this often with unjustified shootings involving Leo's. The system protects itself. Often times a procicutor will push for charges against Leo's in bad shoots at the behest of the public in an attempt at self preservation. Much of the time they will go for the maximum charge even though they know the actual crime committed will not meet the letter of the law. So the Leo won't be convicted.

The system protects itself.

I absolutely agree. I think the prosecutors are being pushed for a trial.. and they are subtly sabotaging it by going for very high charges that they have less chance of actually getting a conviction.

I disagree. I saw what I saw as well. Which is why eye witnesses do not always = 'good' witnesses. I didn't realize you were there.

What else did you witness? :popcorn2:

What else did YOU witness?

I saw the video.. and I saw it through the eyes that has been trained to look for a threat from someone carrying a firearm or any other weapon.

By the way.. ultimately.. I was right.. the fellow was unarmed.

:roll: Yeah, that's what I meant.

Actually it is... you just don't realize that is your philosophy.

If you were to compared the scenarios.. mine and what happened on this video..

According to your position.. since my children actually HAD firearm shaped objects in their hand. the police would have been justified in shooting everyone in the car.

They were called to "gang bangers waving firearms in a vehicle" My vehicle was identified exactly and my license plate had been given by the police.. My children were behind tinted glass with what looked like a firearm in their hands.

Now.. in the other scenario.. the police are called to a hotel.. where there is a report of someone with a firearm. They know that there will be multiple people in the hotel that are NOT threats but innocent bystanders. They stop a couple with no weapons in their hand.. they have them lie on the ground and crawl toward them.. and all the fellow does is let his hand go back for a second.. and you think its okay to kill him.

Compare the two scenarios.. and tell me that you would not think the officers were perfectly within their rights in gunning down everyone in my car. :roll:

Tho there are no single quality sources for determining either numbers of police shot on the job, nor sources for determining the number of citizens shot by police in any given year, amalgamating multiple sources show since 1900 shows the national annual death rate for police on the job numbered between 15-20 up until the 1940's, spiked to about 30 starting in 1946 through the early 1960's, flew out the window with reports of 100-220 from the mid 60's at the lower end to a high or 221 in 1983. Thereon dropping toward today's rates of 40-50 annually, a constant for the past ten years. The FBI does not require either reports of police killed in the line of duty or citizens killed by police. Reporting is voluntary. However, if you are the officer killed on the job, 1 is too many, and no one wants to be that one. The peak year for known civilian deaths at the hands of police was 1933, with numbers greater than 900 annually for the previous and post ten years. However, it should be noted that during 1933 more than 60% of the nation's police were employed by private hands, meaning corporations, inclusive of strike breaking private police forces like the Pinkertons (who truly got their start battling the James and Cole brothers robbing the railroads and banks). During the past decade ending with 2015 (insufficient data for 2016 and this year), civilian deaths at the hands of police held to a mean of approximately 240, with 98% proven to courts and civilian review boards to be preceded by actions of the civilians. However, one unjustifiable death of a civilian at police hands is one too much. N'est-ce pas?

The region of the nation consistently with the most deaths of police officers, and the most deaths of civilians at the hands of police is southern Indiana on a per capita basis. (Former home of John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, some real serious serial killers, and actor James Dean, singer/dancer Michael Jackson)

Approximately 17,000 annual deaths in the US result from criminal violence. Approximately 5.8 million violent deaths from criminal actions occur annually throughout the world according to WHO. For perspective. I have my doubts about WHO's numbers, which I believe includes undeclared wars not recognized by the UN, like the current 6 wars in the Congo and surrounding nations. For additional perspective, 37,461 people were killed in automotive collisions or "accidents" during 2016 in the US. Prosecute the automotive executives and ban all motorized vehicles, eh?

Apparently, you also speak with no knowledge, just your personal political agenda.

Hmmm... you have a convoluted post.. but it appears that your information corroborates my statement. So thanks for that.

And yes.. I speak with knowledge.

Wrong ethnic choice. I learned my knife throwing skills from a Viennese trained pastry chef, my grandmother. She was parts Austrian, Russian, Polish and Hungarian, and god knows what else. It got a bit hairy in those old kitchens.

FYI real ninjas didn't throw knives, they used other blade weapons. More importantly, real ninjas didn't deal in assassination and death, their primary functions were acquiring information, dispersing misinformation. Nothing like those bad martial arts movies. More like American and European journalists.

Knife throwing for defense is pure theatrical BS.

Yes, I said it wasn't a police force. You still claim the NYPD trained you, I still say BS. Urban was just a name change. The Park Ranger Academy on 52nd Street was long established. You can't get your lies straight, can you? Having an exNYPD man at the helm does not mean the NYPD trained you. I think you're have problems comprehending what you are saying. A sign of oncoming dementia. Believe me when I say I don't want to visualize you.

So you looked up a bunch of stuff and decide I'm lying. LMAO, that's just convenience on your part. I've posted on here for years that I was a Park Ranger in Central Park and that we got training with the NYPD. I was also a park ranger for St. Louis County and got training from SLPD. And that DID include firearms training. (NY did not)

If you want to doubt my professional training, feel free, but I didnt invent it just to make you look bad.

LOL, you did that all by yourself.

So, the officer should have wait until guns are drawn and bullets are flying...

Got it.

These "weak minded cowards" who serve as police officers will be removed from the gene pool...

Then what?

No. you keep ignoring that finger-on-trigger, muzzle-on-target at close range gives enough time to identify a weapon before it is brought on target for firing.

It was the murder charge I cant agree with.

And the insistence that he is a murderer even after acquitted.

Exactly. THen stop trying to convince people that the cops acted reasonably.

Lol. You question my experince in law then turn around and claim to be a ninja... :lol:

I know right? The NYC Urban Park Rangers never got started with NYPD's help...but 'he's' a ninja! :mrgreen:

Heck... we had a woman call the police because she thought there was a domestic abuse going on in the alley behind her house. When the police arrived she went out to talk to the police.. and the policeman in the passenger side shot her. He thought he heard a loud noise and was startled.

Yeah, that was about 18 months ago I think but was discussed here. What was the outcome of that for the cops?

Wow. That should've been a guilty verdict for sure. The guy obviously just lost his balance or was pulling up his pants.

So, the officer should have wait until guns are drawn and bullets are flying...

Got it.

These "weak minded cowards" who serve as police officers will be removed from the gene pool...

Then what?

What part of my previous posts are you not understanding? Oh look someone was kind enough to break it down for you.
No. you keep ignoring that finger-on-trigger, muzzle-on-target at close range gives enough time to identify a weapon before it is brought on target for firing.

This.

Back
Top Bottom