• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

Like Lindsey Graham said, he's a jackass.

Lindsey Graham may just have a tough time in his election if there is any justice. Living in his state here now, his own people don't care for him much...

Candygram. LOL.

candygram.jpg

You are kidding right?

Here's the article, since it seems to be curiously missing from the NY times...

SAME NY Times Reporter Said Trump Team Was Wiretapped In Jan., But Said TRUMP Lacked Evidence In March

Neato. I asked where in the article it says that Obama tapped Trump's phone. Can you please copy and paste it here?

And no, President Trump said he just found out that Obama tapped his phones. Just found out. Of course, we haven't seen his evidence.

Do you always blindly trust Trump, by the way?

Neato. I asked where in the article it says that Obama tapped Trump's phone. Can you please copy and paste it here?

And no, President Trump said he just found out that Obama tapped his phones. Just found out. Of course, we haven't seen his evidence.

Do you always blindly trust Trump, by the way?

I don't trust trump actually, but you can try to diminish me with that nonsense and see how far that gets you. *shrug*

Follow the timeline and the logic.

FISA Warrant:
Republican Strategist Hit Trump With The Truth That FBI Has Warrant To Investigate Russia Ties

"Contrary to earlier reporting in the New York Times, which cited FBI sources as saying that the agency did not believe that the private server in Donald Trump’s Trump Tower which was connected to a Russian bank had any nefarious purpose, the FBI’s counter-intelligence arm, sources say, re-drew an earlier FISA court request around possible financial and banking offenses related to the server.” (It does say "sources say" so take it as you will, the point is the FISA warrant was issued giving the fbi WIDE lattitude to tap)

Missing NY Times article as above.
SAME NY Times Reporter Said Trump Team Was Wiretapped In Jan., But Said TRUMP Lacked Evidence In March

Obama's EO allowing everyone in the Intelligence community access to NSA raw data in his last days as Prez.....
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/20...tion-signs-off-on-wider-data-sharing-for-nsa/

Leaks:

Phone calls
White House investigates leaks of Trump phone calls | Daily Mail Online

Flynn
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...n-resignation-the-white-house-shadow-warriors

As for not seeing the "evidence"?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fisa-wiretaps/story?id=45913892

"The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, commonly referred to as the "FISA Court," is a secret tribunal with legal authority to grant (or deny) warrants for electronic surveillance against would-be spies or terrorists.
The court -- made up of 11 federal judges, serving 7-year terms and selected by the chief justice of the Supreme Court -- meets in private, sometimes in the middle of the night. FISA targets are highly classified."

FISA warrants are classified.

Your next issue, that you are supposed to be outraged now about, is that he's violated National security laws by saying he was tapped.

Put this all together, even though you blindly hate trump in the ways you are told to hate him, if you put this all together you should be outraged, shocked, and frankly scared about the overreach of the intelligence community on the American public. Whether it's trump or anyone else. This is a gross abuse of federal power in violation of the US constitution.

I don't trust trump actually, but you can try to diminish me with that nonsense and see how far that gets you. *shrug*

Follow the timeline and the logic.

FISA Warrant:
Republican Strategist Hit Trump With The Truth That FBI Has Warrant To Investigate Russia Ties

"Contrary to earlier reporting in the New York Times, which cited FBI sources as saying that the agency did not believe that the private server in Donald Trump’s Trump Tower which was connected to a Russian bank had any nefarious purpose, the FBI’s counter-intelligence arm, sources say, re-drew an earlier FISA court request around possible financial and banking offenses related to the server.” (It does say "sources say" so take it as you will, the point is the FISA warrant was issued giving the fbi WIDE lattitude to tap)

Missing NY Times article as above.

Obama's EO allowing everyone in the Intelligence community access to NSA raw data in his last days as Prez.....
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/20...tion-signs-off-on-wider-data-sharing-for-nsa/

Leaks:

Phone calls
White House investigates leaks of Trump phone calls | Daily Mail Online

Flynn
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...n-resignation-the-white-house-shadow-warriors

As for not seeing the "evidence"?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fisa-wiretaps/story?id=45913892

"The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, commonly referred to as the "FISA Court," is a secret tribunal with legal authority to grant (or deny) warrants for electronic surveillance against would-be spies or terrorists.
The court -- made up of 11 federal judges, serving 7-year terms and selected by the chief justice of the Supreme Court -- meets in private, sometimes in the middle of the night. FISA targets are highly classified."

FISA warrants are classified.

Your next issue, that you are supposed to be outraged now about, is that he's violated National security laws by saying he was tapped.

Put this all together, even though you blindly hate trump in the ways you are told to hate him, if you put this all together you should be outraged, shocked, and frankly scared about the overreach of the intelligence community on the American public. Whether it's trump or anyone else. This is a gross abuse of federal power in violation of the US constitution.

So you have no evidence that Obama committed a felony.

So you have no evidence that Obama committed a felony.

You are sadly becoming a waste of time. If you didn't want to have a discussion, why did you engage me? This seems to be a pattern of the "if you don't hate trump and every single thing about him you are a trump sycophant" crowd. Anytime logic, pragmatism, or objectivity in discussion of these issue turns to something that doesn't slam trump, You and your ilk will post something about "blindly trusting trump".....

even though my above post explains clearly and coherently why I have my views, and if you notice, I didn't quote trump, ever on this matter, I posted circumstantial evidence, that keeps piling on.

There is MORE evidence that this happened, Especially given the latest wiki leaks that this has happened, than there is evidence of collusion with trump and the russians.

But you carry on. A single line dismissive reply will confirm sadly, my beliefs about you.

You are sadly becoming a waste of time. If you didn't want to have a discussion, why did you engage me? This seems to be a pattern of the "if you don't hate trump and every single thing about him you are a trump sycophant" crowd. Anytime logic, pragmatism, or objectivity in discussion of these issue turns to something that doesn't slam trump, You and your ilk will post something about "blindly trusting trump".....

even though my above post explains clearly and coherently why I have my views, and if you notice, I didn't quote trump, ever on this matter, I posted circumstantial evidence, that keeps piling on.

There is MORE evidence that this happened, Especially given the latest wiki leaks that this has happened, than there is evidence of collusion with trump and the russians.

But you carry on. A single line dismissive reply will confirm sadly, my beliefs about you.

"ilk". I love that word.

Your beliefs about me? That's a good one. What are your beliefs about me because I don't accept everything that Donald Trump says as gospel?

There is no "circumstantial evidence". Trump accused Obama of committing a felony. He needs to back up that accusation with proof - not you. This isn't complicated.

There seems to be a pattern of the "if you don't believe everything Trump says, you're a big meanie!" crowd.

"ilk". I love that word.

Your beliefs about me? That's a good one. What are your beliefs about me because I don't accept everything that Donald Trump says as gospel?

There is no "circumstantial evidence". Trump accused Obama of committing a felony. He needs to back up that accusation with proof - not you. This isn't complicated.

There seems to be a pattern of the "if you don't believe everything Trump says, you're a big meanie!" crowd.

*sigh* i posted my evidence, for some reason, you'd rather have back and forth personal banter.

I'm good with either.

*sigh* i posted my evidence, for some reason, you'd rather have back and forth personal banter.

I'm good with either.

You didn't post any evidence that Obama wire tapped Trump's phones. If you did, he wouldn't need a Congressional investigation. There is no evidence that anyone has seen. If Trump has it, he should share it. He hasn't.

You didn't post any evidence that Obama wire tapped Trump's phones. If you did, he wouldn't need a Congressional investigation. There is no evidence that anyone has seen. If Trump has it, he should share it. He hasn't.

I suspect we just may get it.

Didn't Obama get caught wiretapping our friends in Europe? Yep, that's why Assange sought asylum.

:lol: Man, this is funny stuff....Trump needs to check with overseers? Are you for real?

Now I see why Trumpies are so ignorant.

The post you responded to did not say "overseers", YOU brought that exaggeration out all by yourself.

Trump has an obligation to the public, one he is violating almost daily. He has the responsibility of ensuring what he tells the American people is ACURATE, a word the Trump dumbies have strictly avoided.

What he has shown us so far is that Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton were both accurate and telling the truth that "Donal Trump has absolutely no qualities to be president.

If Donald Trump was wire-tapped way back, it is not consistent with his personality that he would keep it secret, but rather like gabbing ******s, Trump University it's been invented by an immature billionaire who wants all things his way.

Can't wait till he starts lying about his electoral enemies....

Here is some more....

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...rump-is-absolutely-right-about-wiretap-claims

He probably can't share it yet, if he has it. It would have to be declassified first. FISA....

Then there is this.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_12333

Again, far more evidence than russian collusion with the trump administration... Look, do you think it's a crazy idea that people are being recorded by the NSA, etc??

Is it that far of a stretch after what we learned from wikileaks, snowden that they would tap trumps phones in trump tower?

Then there is the new data dump.

WikiLeaks: CIA could hack into phones, TVs and other electronics to turn them into permanent listening devices | The Independent

So here is the bottom line, your precious obama is probably inoculated from being fingered directly if I had to guess. but given the jan 19th NY times article, trump tower was most definitely being monitored.

From the NY times article....

One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.

hmmm provided to whom now?

I suspect we just may get it.

Didn't Obama get caught wiretapping our friends in Europe? Yep, that's why Assange sought asylum.

Wiretapping in Europe isn't a felony. Wiretapping Trump in Trump Tower is.

Here is some more....

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...rump-is-absolutely-right-about-wiretap-claims

He probably can't share it yet, if he has it. It would have to be declassified first. FISA....

Then there is this.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_12333

Again, far more evidence than russian collusion with the trump administration... Look, do you think it's a crazy idea that people are being recorded by the NSA, etc??

Is it that far of a stretch after what we learned from wikileaks, snowden that they would tap trumps phones in trump tower?

Then there is the new data dump.

WikiLeaks: CIA could hack into phones, TVs and other electronics to turn them into permanent listening devices | The Independent

So here is the bottom line, your precious obama is probably inoculated from being fingered directly if I had to guess. but given the jan 19th NY times article, trump tower was most definitely being monitored.

From the NY times article....

One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.

hmmm provided to whom now?

So you and Trump are the only two people in the world to have seen the evidence?

So you and Trump are the only two people in the world to have seen the evidence?

When I post more than 5 lines, and include links, is it too much for you or something? When did I claim to see anything I haven't posted to you? Why do that?

"“There are transcripts that provide very helpful, very critical insights into whether or not Russian intelligence and senior Russian political leaders, including Vladimir Putin, were cooperating, were colluding with the Trump campaign at the highest levels to influence the outcome of our election. And if that information is stonewalled or hidden away and if we are not able to get that on the Senate intelligence committee, House intelligence committee then I think that has real consequences for our democracy.”" - Senator Chris Cooms, D

Transcripts of what now?

And then....
Former DNI James Clapper: '''I Can Deny''' Wiretap of Trump Tower - NBC News

"When Todd asked him whether he could confirm or deny if a FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court Act) order for this existed, Clapper declared, "I can deny it."

Now remember who James Clapper is now right?

Has James Clapper been indicted for perjury yet?

Why he wasn't indicted for perjury we will never know. Yet they parade him around as an authoritative source.

Asked again whether there was a FISA Court order to monitor Trump Tower, Clapper said, "Not to my knowledge."

Clapper said that if any wiretap like that occurred, he would "certainly hope" that he would be aware of it.

"I can't speak for other authorized entities in the government or a state or local entity," he added."

Trump is about to do another tweet storm. This one is serious. Alvin and the Chipmunks have also wiretapped him. They were looking for his nuts. Seems they found them and took them.

When I post more than 5 lines, and include links, is it too much for you or something? When did I claim to see anything I haven't posted to you? Why do that?

"“There are transcripts that provide very helpful, very critical insights into whether or not Russian intelligence and senior Russian political leaders, including Vladimir Putin, were cooperating, were colluding with the Trump campaign at the highest levels to influence the outcome of our election. And if that information is stonewalled or hidden away and if we are not able to get that on the Senate intelligence committee, House intelligence committee then I think that has real consequences for our democracy.”" - Senator Chris Cooms, D

Transcripts of what now?

And then....
Former DNI James Clapper: '''I Can Deny''' Wiretap of Trump Tower - NBC News

"When Todd asked him whether he could confirm or deny if a FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court Act) order for this existed, Clapper declared, "I can deny it."

Now remember who James Clapper is now right?

Has James Clapper been indicted for perjury yet?

Why he wasn't indicted for perjury we will never know. Yet they parade him around as an authoritative source.

Asked again whether there was a FISA Court order to monitor Trump Tower, Clapper said, "Not to my knowledge."

Clapper said that if any wiretap like that occurred, he would "certainly hope" that he would be aware of it.

"I can't speak for other authorized entities in the government or a state or local entity," he added."

Clapper denying it is your proof that Obama committed a felony. Okay.

Clapper denying it is your proof that Obama committed a felony. Okay.

No, the last several posts, that included a plethora of links, and rational explanation tying them all together, to demonstrate why I believe it is entirely possible is my evidence for my opinion of the most likely scenario. Again, why present yourself like this? you are far better than this.

I put together a coherent and cogent argument, you have failed in every and all aspects to have an intellectual discussion with me on this. instead I get dumb posts like this reply of yours.

Waste of time. Have a wonderful day.

Holds more water for me than Breitbart, but that's not saying anything. Both are proven liars.

I used to love Breitbart. I met Andrew a few times. What a great guy he was. Since he's been gone it's turned into a cesspool over there. And now that Steve Bannon is functioning as our President's brain, he'll wreck DC the way he wrecked Breitbart.

Who lies more isn't a place to plant your flag on.
If Trump is lying, then so be it.

With that said, it's fairly discerning to see an alleged unbiased news source decide to manipulate their headlines in a way to push public perception.
The onus is on these "unbiased" news sources to be unbiased and they're not.
We already know Trump has a bias.

If one claim is made without evidence and they highlight it, they should do so with all claims.
Even their own.

Well...

An attack on Trump's critics as defense of being the most dishonest president in the history of the US.

"it's fairly discerning to see an alleged unbiased news source decide to manipulate their headlines in a way to push public perception."

One, show me where any news source has twitted thousands of fake twits. show me where the news media has erred and not correct mis-information.,...like when Obama said "you can keep your plan.."

So you open with an aggressive stance defending the presidents lies, but the ONLY thing you have to show that this latest is not a manufactured lie designed to take attention for having Russians spy for him is your "belief" the MSM is lying.

Nope.

Simply not believable...any of you

No, the last several posts, that included a plethora of links, and rational explanation tying them all together, to demonstrate why I believe it is entirely possible is my evidence for my opinion of the most likely scenario. Again, why present yourself like this? you are far better than this.

I put together a coherent and cogent argument, you have failed in every and all aspects to have an intellectual discussion with me on this. instead I get dumb posts like this reply of yours.

Waste of time. Have a wonderful day.

Ah, so no evidence, just you believe that it's entirely possible. I believe it's entirely possible that I'll hit the Powerball this month. Maybe both of our beliefs will come true.

Trump is about to do another tweet storm. This one is serious. Alvin and the Chipmunks have also wiretapped him. They were looking for his nuts. Seems they found them and took them.

IMHO, not that huge. What is huge is the nomination of Brennan, who under George Bush, supported torture and wiretapping. As I have said all along, Obama is Bush on steroids, and half the crap he is doing to America is unconstitutional. But not a peep from the same Democrats who were extremely vocal during the Bush administration over the same crap. To me, THIS is what is huge, and defines hypocrisy. Their mantra is "It's OK to spy on Americans, and do all kinds of other BS, as long as it is MY political party doing it".

As the wheel turns eh?

Ah, so no evidence, just you believe that it's entirely possible. I believe it's entirely possible that I'll hit the Powerball this month. Maybe both of our beliefs will come true.

I hope you join "the day without women" Trump protest tomorrow or whenever it is, it will be quite the relief. ;)

I gave you all sorts of **** to discuss, you wanted no part.

bye bye

Back
Top Bottom