• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

A while back, I thought the Oligarchy might just kill Trump.

Apparently they thought that would be too obvious and they're going to try this silent coup.

Half the American people are with them.

The other half have a lot of guns.

How will this play out?

God knows.

maybe Kellyanne can get folks to buy some of Ivanka's stuff while we watch the implosion of the US Government

you know, folks gotta put foods on the table

Do you recall all those times Obama said, "oh...I heard it on the news"?

I did not remember, so I looked it up. Looks like maybe 10 times. Typically about some "scandal". A little over once per year. Just by memory, I think Trump has already had more than that.

I did not remember, so I looked it up. Looks like maybe 10 times. Typically about some "scandal". A little over once per year. Just by memory, I think Trump has already had more than that.

But, it's ok for Obama to do it?

Do you start every sentence with but Obama? Nevermind , that was rhetorical.

Do you start every sentence with but Obama? Nevermind , that was rhetorical.

Why are you so embarressed by Obama? Is it because he's black?

This is a serious accusation. It is one thing to say the Democrats have increased our national debt but to come out and say this individual did this illegal activity, you better have your facts straight.

I know there is this knee jerk reaction to quickly google something the other side did but this is a huge accusation. The scary part is that it looks as if he didn't even discuss this with his team.

This is a serious accusation. It is one thing to say the Democrats have increased our national debt but to come out and say this individual did this illegal activity, you better have your facts straight.

I know there is this knee jerk reaction to quickly google something the other side did but this is a huge accusation. The scary part is that it looks as if he didn't even discuss this with his team.

He shouldn't put that out there unless he's got something to back it up.

Although, Obama did wiretap a reporter, James Rosen and his parents, I believe. We know Flynn and Sessions were wiretapped. Didn't he also spy on the Associated Press? Went through their phone records looking for sources?

Didn't they also float the idea of "monitoring" newsrooms?

That is damn scary stuff in a free republic like ours.

So, no doubt, it is very possible Obama was doing something. Would be especially bad if he did this to Trump and not Hillary. How could that be excused? We need to find out what they were doing.

I think he did that one three or four times. Of course, the left didn't question it at all. I think the IRS being used against the Tea Party was one of them.
Sure, he just read it in the paper when we did, knew nothing beforehand. You'd have to be an idiot to believe him on those things. a convenient idiot.

This might be some epic battle!

My gut feeling is DOJ-FBI-CIA would prevail over Trump.

I suspect Trump's best hope would be to have the overwhelming support of the majority of the populace, in a manner that can over-ride the three-letter-agencies.

But unfortunately for him, he's already insulted and pissed-off much of the country's citizens that could come to his aid in a show of support.

I don't think Trump has a clue what he's messing with here. We're dealing with a man who has always been bailed out and never had to face the consequences of his stupid actions in the past. This may be a tantrum too far!

Shouldn't the headline read, "Without evidence, The New York Times claims."

It is a terrible time in America when the MSM is devoid of conscience, ethics, morals, or any sense of fair play. I do not trust ANY of them to make any effort to get at the truth about anything regarding anybody in the Trump Administration. The wise will not believe what they are trying to get their readers/viewers to believe until there is iron clad verification.

Even here at DP, look at all the new thread titles--almost all of them started by leftist members--that are designed to suggest crime or wrong doing despite the fact that there is no iron clad evidence. There are only unnamed sources that gives much credence to suspicion that there is a whole lot of fake news out there and not much in the way of substance.

But God bless Fox and a few other sources that are still showing some journalistic integrity. You hear all the rumors, innuendo, and direct accusations at Fox and those few other sources, but you are also hearing the rest of the story as much as they have been able to develop it.

Without that, we would all be victims of total mind control by a corrupt media who would not allow us to know anything other than what it wants us to think.

It is a terrible time in America when the MSM is devoid of conscience, ethics, morals, or any sense of fair play. I do not trust ANY of them to make any effort to get at the truth about anything regarding anybody in the Trump Administration. The wise will not believe what they are trying to get their readers/viewers to believe until there is iron clad verification.

Even here at DP, look at all the new thread titles--almost all of them started by leftist members--that are designed to suggest crime or wrong doing despite the fact that there is no iron clad evidence. There are only unnamed sources that gives much credence to suspicion that there is a whole lot of fake news out there and not much in the way of substance.

But God bless Fox and a few other sources that are still showing some journalistic integrity. You hear all the rumors, innuendo, and direct accusations at Fox and those few other sources, but you are also hearing the rest of the story as much as they have been able to develop it.

Without that, we would all be victims of total mind control by a corrupt media who would not allow us to know anything other than what it wants us to think.

I'm gonna be honest, the only reason Fox is on Trump's side, is because it's convenient.
That's their viewer base, I don't trust them either, but otherwise agreed.

At this point, we have the NYT with no evidence and Trump with no evidence. If there were a contest to see who could tell the most provable lies per month between the NYT and Trump, Trump would win hands down, so at least for now, I'm going with the NYT.

Trump does have evidence. He has access to classified information.

What a dunderhead Trump is.

On top of everything else, these tweets put the FBI in a bad light. Only a complete moron of a POTUS pisses off the intelligence/judicial community to the huge extant Trump has...in the first 2 months.

He is going to need these people as time passes. Plus, if he keeps this up, one of them just might try and stick an unliteral knife in his back as retribution.

Only a dufus pisses off his local cops unnecessarily. And Trump is proving to be quite a dufus.

These tweets he made over the weekend maybe the single, dumbest, unforced errors made by a POTUS in this generation.

Once again, I have zero loyalty to any political party or movement.

At this point, we have the NYT with no evidence and Trump with no evidence. If there were a contest to see who could tell the most provable lies per month between the NYT and Trump, Trump would win hands down, so at least for now, I'm going with the NYT.

When the NYT wants to lie, all they have to do is claim that their lies come from "anonymous sources". That's why whenever the NYT lies they can just claim it was an accident. Furthermore the NYT has repeatedly been caught making unannounced retractions and changes to their online stories. So the NYT lies are easier to hide but are far more damaging.

To make an analogy: the MSM is like Wormtongue from The Lord Of The Rings. Subtly poisoning the minds of the American people and leading to great harm to our nation.

Comey has a reputation as an honest guy. Trump not so much. So If I was a betting man........

I thought Comey is a liar determined to sabotage Hillary?

On top of everything else, these tweets put the FBI in a bad light.

Only a complete moron of a POTUS pisses off the intelligence/judicial community to the huge extant Trump has...in the first 2 months.

He is going to need these people as time passes. Plus, if he keeps this up, one of them just might try and stick an unliteral knife in his back as retribution.

Only a dufus pisses off his local cops unnecessarily.

And Trump is proving to be quite a dufus.

I don't know what Trump expects to get done when he:

1. pisses on his fellow republicans when they don't agree with him lock-step
  2. blames the military for the botched raid in Yemen
  3. craps on the intel community repeatedly
I guess he thinks he can just do everything without anybody dictator style. He's going to end up being the most worthless presidency.

On top of everything else, these tweets put the FBI in a bad light. Only a complete moron of a POTUS pisses off the intelligence/judicial community to the huge extant Trump has...in the first 2 months.

Only a dufus pisses off his local cops unnecessarily. And Trump is proving to be quite a dufus.

These tweets he made over the weekend maybe the single, dumbest, unforced errors made by a POTUS in this generation.

Are you suggesting they will do something illegal because of Trump's mean behavior towards them? If that is a real possibility then perhaps Trump should act before they get the chance.

I'm gonna be honest, the only reason Fox is on Trump's side, is because it's convenient.
That's their viewer base, I don't trust them either, but otherwise agreed.

From its inception, Fox was designed to be the rebuttal to media that was dramatically skewed to the left. And those of us who are not leftists were very hungry to hear our point of view expressed and we form the viewer audience for Fox News. Yes, Fox is as guilty as any of reporting before all the facts are in. That is so contrary to journalistic ethics that I was trained on that it frustrates me no end. But at least Fox, to its credit, sticks with the story and tries to get it all out there as it develops. The unethical leftist MSM does not even attempt to do that.

So Fox beats all the other cable news sources combined day in and day out, and of late has sometimes also beaten the network news as well. They certainly aren't perfect and they get it wrong sometimes too. But they at least fess up when they get it wrong and they keep at it trying to get it right.

None of the leftist MSM is looking for the truth re the wiretapping things yet, but the MSM continues to bash the President with it. Only Fox News is willing to look for the whole story instead of trying to destroy the President.

I am extremely grateful for Fox News as there is pretty much nowhere else to turn to get the whole story about anything. And do I trust them when they are the ONLY source? No I don't. But I don't think they are out to destroy anybody either.

Are you suggesting they will do something illegal because of Trump's mean behavior towards them? If that is a real possibility then perhaps Trump should act before they get the chance.

The IC, which has been caught doing things of questionable legality, should be insulated from all criticism, because ~reasons~.

From its inception, Fox was designed to be the rebuttal to media that was dramatically skewed to the left. And those of us who are not leftists were very hungry to hear our point of view expressed and we form the viewer audience for Fox News. Yes, Fox is as guilty as any of reporting before all the facts are in. That is so contrary to journalistic ethics that I was trained on that it frustrates me no end. But at least Fox, to its credit, sticks with the story and tries to get it all out there as it develops. The unethical leftist MSM does not even attempt to do that.

So Fox beats all the other cable news sources combined day in and day out, and of late has sometimes also beaten the network news as well. They certainly aren't perfect and they get it wrong sometimes too. But they at least fess up when they get it wrong and they keep at it trying to get it right.

None of the leftist MSM is looking for the truth re the wiretapping things yet, but the MSM continues to bash the President with it. Only Fox News is willing to look for the whole story instead of trying to destroy the President.

I am extremely grateful for Fox News as there is pretty much nowhere else to turn to get the whole story about anything. And do I trust them when they are the ONLY source? No I don't. But I don't think they are out to destroy anybody either.

There are better outlets imo.
Glenn Greenwald and Michael Tracey, to name two.
They aren't super retardo, when it comes to going after Trump, like the rest, but they still criticize a plenty.
Also, Current Affairs, is fairly good and I'd call all three of these left leaning.

There is a body of real journalists out there, it's just not the MSM.

" Senior American Officials " ??? NYTs too. Dubious.

According to the MSM and the Democracts, transcripts exist between Trump associates and alledged Russian spies.

If there was no FISA approved wire taps, where did the transcripts come from ?
Butt-hurt Bush and Obama holdovers but we can't rule out the NYT making stuff up whole-cloth.

Back
Top Bottom