• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christians and current events.

Yes, gay people will eventually die, but they will die happy an fulfilled, not unhappy and hateful like conservative Christians.

:lamo

That you think somehow gay people are any different than Christian people is some twisted stuff. People are people. Some gay people are just as hateful as some Christians, who may be as happy as some agnostic....

That you think somehow gay people are any different than Christian people is some twisted stuff. People are people. Some gay people are just as hateful as some Christians, who may be as happy as some agnostic....

I don't think Christians are any different. I think conservative Christians who use scripture to bolster their innate bigotry are hateful and will die unhappy.

I don't think Christians are any different. I think conservative Christians who use scripture to bolster their innate bigotry are hateful and will die unhappy.

Now that you mentioned it.......you don't seem happy.

That's their choice - there are just as many gays who may be angry or hateful and will die unhappy as well. That your perception is so hateful and bigoted towards conservative Christians is highly ironic.

You're looking in the mirror right?

You accuse an entire group of being hateful, a group you have never met, likely don't even know one, let along all of them, and claim THEY are bigots. On tis file, you and your hating colleagues are the bigots, gold plated.

Some people may die unhappy, but you live unhappy.

Christians are different, most are trying to be better people, not anything I have seen out of the death threat **** offs who get their jollies terrorizing people who stand by their beliefs, out of the slime headed **** offs and misfits who turned a madman shooting in to a race war.

It has been my experience that gay men are a lot less angry and hateful than most people. Ever hear of a fight in a gay bar?

What you say is irrelevant. I say YOU follow a false God, and your ideology conforms to what you have chose it to be. Morality is subjective. Your beliefs are yours and apply to no one other than you. The problem here is that, to you, that diminishes the value of your faith. If that is the case, your faith can't have much value to begin with. If it can't stand up on it's own, it can't stand.

Certainly. It just isn't what you think it is.

No it doesn't. You appeal to your own authority on what God's words are and that is where you make your error.

IE I have no argument to make. I have shown that you do not rely on the Gospel which is the inspired word of God.
you rely on your own understanding which the bible says

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths

What God says about marriage trumps what you say.

It has been my experience that gay men are a lot less angry and hateful than most people. Ever hear of a fight in a gay bar?

It has been my experience that gay men are much worse back-stabbers, and more so catty than most women, though. ;)

Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned, is only uttered by those who hadn't known gays. :mrgreen:

I've been in a dance troupe at university and was chummy with a group of gays....2 of them became my friends (and both are now married and are heterosexuals). I'm friends on facebook with one of them and you couldn't tell he was a very loud and flamboyant queen in our younger days.
He's also obviously a devout Christian now in his posts.

Last edited:
Just because you and many others interpret the scriptures incorrectly doesn't mean I have to agree with those misinterpretations.

Please quote any scripture in the bible that approves of gay marriage or says that marriage is anything other than a man and a women.
please tell people in your own words how they are mis-reading scriptures. the gay bible does not count as a text to quote from.

you can choose from the ESV, ASV, NKJV, heck I will even accept the NIV.

so please pick one and choose.

Sorry, but it appears you did not read my post. I am quite aware of the connection between Jesus Christ and God.

Furthermore, I have not only read the Bible many times, but have come to realize that the bulk of the Bible is a man-made construct with only the Ten Commandments and the clear instructions of Jesus Christ (as witnessed by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) containing the literal Word of God.

then you would be wrong.

The Old Testament is primarily a "story" of the Jews, written by men. This includes those laws in Leviticus fundamentalists like to quote. I find the way some Christians seem to focus on those laws in Leviticus very selectively strange, since they tend to avoid those laws they recognize as having no merit today (like slavery, punishments for sleeping with a woman during her period, etc.) without a rational explanation for why these are invalid but the ones they quote are not.

it is not just the old testament that says marriage is between a man and a women it is mentioned several times in the new testament as well.

Now the New Testament is where Christians should actually look for guidance; found specifically in the commands of Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of LOVE and acceptance, expressly forbidding us to judge others over and over again since this was up to God alone. Jesus also spoke no word of condemnation against same sex relationships, and his statement about marriage between a man and a woman was in reference to divorce and adultery. Only Paul of Tarsus, in his letters instructing Christian churches in Romans and Corinthians, speaks against it in the New Testament.

why would Christ mention something that was already forbidden? you forget while Christ walked the earth the levitical law was still the law of the land. that would have included gay couplings.

Now, as you can see while we are both Christians we clearly differ in our understanding of the Bible. The fact that we don't agree about Biblical interpretation is not unique for members of our faith. In my opinion this is exactly why our Saviour made it perfectly clear that we were incapable of judging our fellow man. Instructing us instead to live our own lives as an example and let others follow it as they may.

quoting scripture and what scripture says is not judging it is the truth. if you are blinded to the truth of scripture then you have a big problem.
for the bible says that those who are blinded to the truth do not have God in them.

BTW, I was not saying the Earth is 6,000 years old. I was responding to a member who spoke of marriage "from the dawn of time," and that since we did not exist at the dawn of time unless they were referring to the belief the world is really only a few thousand years old, I was willing to argue from that point of view.

The bible says otherwise. so you either believe that the bible is true word of God or you do not. if you think that bible is a lie then I have to question you calling yourself a Christian.

It has been my experience that gay men are much worse back-stabbers, and more so catty than most women, though. ;)

Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned, is only uttered by those who hadn't known gays. :mrgreen:

I've been in a dance troupe at university and was chummy with a group of gays....2 of them became my friends (and both are now married and are heterosexuals). I'm friends on facebook with one of them and you couldn't tell he was a very loud and flamboyant queen in our younger days.
He's also obviously a devout Christian now in his posts.

I gather you are talking about with each other....

I worked in live television for seven years. What I see gay men exhibit is female characteristics, cattiness. However, having said that there is no meaner, dog in the fight, blood thirsty bitch who is competing for 15 seconds of air time with another woman.

They don't have fingernails, they have talons and you can actually watch them grow.

But I know what you mean, I write publicity for a local Pride group, and in a gathering of them I have often said "let's get out the high heels girls, it's getting bitch in here."

What I like about working with them, gays, straights, lesbians transsexuals, is we all have an easy ability to laugh at ourselves in the end

I gather you are talking about with each other....

I worked in live television for seven years. What I see gay men exhibit is female characteristics, cattiness. However, having said that there is no meaner, dog in the fight, blood thirsty bitch who is competing for 15 seconds of air time with another woman.

They don't have fingernails, they have talons and you can actually watch them grow.

But I know what you mean, I write publicity for a local Pride group, and in a gathering of them I have often said "let's get out the high heels girls, it's getting bitch in here."

What I like about working with them, gays, straights, lesbians transsexuals, is we all have an easy ability to laugh at ourselves in the end

:lol:

I had a lot of fun with them!! Yes! And I'm fortunate enough to have found good friends in those two.

Yes, gay people will eventually die, but they will die happy and fulfilled, not unhappy and hateful like conservative Christians.

There is no real happiness or freedom in sin, not like there is in the Spirit of God.

Also, if gays are so happy then why are so many of them committing suicide and being treated for depression?

Last edited:
:lol:

I had a lot of fun with them!! Yes! And I'm fortunate enough to have found good friends in those two.

So have I.

It's kind of funny, as I used to fear gays.

Long story made short I found myself in close company and have lost the fear and gained appreciation. The gay men I know ARE friends who can be relied on.

What I appreciate most is the humor. I have served on boards and committees for two decades, with the VDP community policing office, a self help organization, church [the worst] and with the pride committee. It is the latter I look forward to the most because of all the laughter.

Now the New Testament is where Christians should actually look for guidance; found specifically in the commands of Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of LOVE and acceptance, expressly forbidding us to judge others over and over again since this was up to God alone. Jesus also spoke no word of condemnation against same sex relationships, and his statement about marriage between a man and a woman was in reference to divorce and adultery. Only Paul of Tarsus, in his letters instructing Christian churches in Romans and Corinthians, speaks against it in the New Testament.

Like I said, Jesus is God. As God, Jesus is the one who gave Moses the Levitical law against gay sexual relations to begin with; and he’s the one who inspires all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), including prohibitions against gay sexual relations / sexual immorality in Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:9-10, Revelation 21:7, Jude 7, etc.

In addition, Love does not rejoice in iniquity," (1 Corinthians 13). And "love does no harm to a neighbor" (Romans 13), like enticing someone into a sinful relationship (gay sex, fornication, etc.) for which there are negative temporal and eternal consequences.

Jesus also spoke about repentance of sins (Luke 13:3) or people will perish. Nowhere do I see the gay community or many apart from that repenting of their sinful lifestyles.

God bless!

There is no real happiness or freedom in sin, not like there is in the Spirit of God.

Also, if gays are so happy then why are so many of them committing suicide and being treated for depression?

Because of people like you.

Because of people like you.

<chuckle>

In effect you have just agreed that there's plenty of gay people who aren't happy. And there's the whole lot more who won't be going to heaven, unless they repent and receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Right, why did they screw things up?

“Supreme Court Justices, can you judge the ways of God? Can you, with manmade verdicts, overrule the eternal laws of God? There is another court, and there is another Judge. And before Him, all men and all judges will give account. If a nation’s high court should pass judgment on the Almighty, should you then be surprised if the Almighty should pass judgment on that court and that nation?” - Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn

God’s Warning to America « The Righter Report

You never answered my question.

If you believe the Apostles were not God-inspired, and you're only taking what came out of Jesus mouth as the truth.....who do you think wrote quotes from Jesus in the Bible?

ANSWER, please.

Sorry, I got caught up in other responses and simply forgot.

Wherever did you get the idea that I believed that the Apostles were not "God-inspired?" Didn't you see me refer to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John as "witnesses" to the words they quote directly from Jesus as my basis for God's commandments in the New Testament in my various responses?

I do believe the TWELVE APOSTLES (thirteen if you are willing to overcome sexist views and count Mary Magdelaine an Apostle) were telling us what the Saviour told them. That's why I quote them.

then you would be wrong.

In YOUR opinion, perhaps.

it is not just the old testament that says marriage is between a man and a women it is mentioned several times in the new testament as well.

Correct, as I have actually stated time and again, but you ignore because I further explain how neither GOD nor his Son Jesus Christ are quoted as commanding this in any part of the Bible. That leads you to ask...

why would Christ mention something that was already forbidden? you forget while Christ walked the earth the levitical law was still the law of the land. that would have included gay couplings.

...and my answer is because he made the effort to clarify so many other portions of the Old Testament in his sermons that something as important as this issue should have garnered at least a footnote during his time with us on Earth.

quoting scripture and what scripture says is not judging it is the truth. if you are blinded to the truth of scripture then you have a big problem. for the bible says that those who are blinded to the truth do not have God in them.

Perhaps, but it is a matter of personal opinion as to which of us is actually blinded to the truth presented by Jesus Christ our Savior in this earthly argument. I think I will trust in Him to decide which of the two of us is truly following his teachings.

The bible says otherwise. so you either believe that the bible is true word of God or you do not. if you think that bible is a lie then I have to question you calling yourself a Christian.

I believe the Bible contains the Word of God. However, I also believe it contains information about Jewish and Christian history, and selected opinions that the Catholic and later Protestant Churches deemed to be the most helpful in trying to understand His word. Regardless, whether YOU consider me a Christian or not makes no difference at all.

<chuckle>

In effect you have just agreed that there's plenty of gay people who aren't happy. And there's the whole lot more who won't be going to heaven, unless they repent and receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.

No, you asked why some gays suffer with depression or suicidal tendencies. I told you. Hateful people like you -- always religious conservatives -- have made them feel unwelcome in society for untold years. You voluntarily choose an interpretation of your religion which suits your innate bigotry and hate. Because you are unhappy and feel the need to make others unhappy. Also, it's a well known theory that many homophobic people are closet homosexuals themselves.

Back
Top Bottom