• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charlize Theron Is An Idiot

It was the same argument with booze back in the day. "My husband comes home drunk from the saloon, and he rapes me in front of our children! Ban it!"

(And 100 years later, you can't drink before you're 21... though most of you do.)

Still not making any sense, no connection to the argument at all.

Yeah, so? How does that refute what I wrote?

Just relaying the mechanism. Back when she was in heat, him being a psychopath terryfying the other boys was arrousing her as hell. A child later, she has to protect that child from the same psycho, she couldn't wait to be impregnated by. Human mating behavior is ****ing rubbish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonic_Males

Just relaying the mechanism. Back when she was in heat, him being a psychopath terryfying the other boys was arrousing her as hell. A child later, she has to protect that child from the same psycho, she couldn't wait to be impregnated by. Human mating behavior is ****ing rubbish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonic_Males

I read it. Little is new to anyone that's studied human evolution and biology.

OTOH, what it did sound like is that more promiscuous women would be attracted to aggressive men when ovulating. Not that women in relationships (good or bad) went looking for that.

And if the woman CHOOSES that relationship then she chose poorly and needs to leave.

People getting permits does not guarantee that they will always follow the law; better to leave out the temptation

It doesn't guarantee, but statistically CCW permit holders are some of the most law abiding people people in the country, far more so than even the police.

You want the high. Whether from booze, smack or firearms. And ain't nobody gonna take your high, no matter how much you ruin your life and the life of everyone around you.

I'm not into firearms. I own guns but I'm not remotely 'into' them, anymore than I'm into my vehicles. When I carry a firearm on a daily basis, I barely remember it's there.

I dont get any 'high' from them. I dont like cleaning them anymore than I like maintaining my vehicles...and that's a drag.

You are just making crap up. You sound like you've spent alot of time around addicts...that's too bad...they are a drag on everyone around them. Hate to tell you but you are surrounded by people carrying guns every day and have no idea that they are, at all :cool:

Charlize Theron has said that more guns is not the solution and that the idea of arming teachers is outrageous. She is saying this because she "lost her father to gun violence," although under the circumstances I wouldn't say that's the best way to put it. Her dad was a drunk and this one time when he was drunkedly attacking her mom, her mom shot him in self defense. If anything I would say its a good thing her mom was armed in that situation. Charlize lost her dad not because of guns but because her dad was a drunken loser. Her dad did this to himself and she should blame him not guns.

Unless you want to claim that being a drunken loser should earn the death penalty you dont have a case.

Charlize Theron has said that more guns is not the solution and that the idea of arming teachers is outrageous. She is saying this because she "lost her father to gun violence," although under the circumstances I wouldn't say that's the best way to put it. Her dad was a drunk and this one time when he was drunkedly attacking her mom, her mom shot him in self defense. If anything I would say its a good thing her mom was armed in that situation. Charlize lost her dad not because of guns but because her dad was a drunken loser. Her dad did this to himself and she should blame him not guns.
Unless you want to claim that being a drunken loser should earn the death penalty you dont have a case.

So it was ok that he was attacking the mother? And the mother should have done...what? Let him kill her and her daughter?

Please...explain.

I mean, if it's not ok to shoot in self-defense in that situation, when is it?

I have no idea if that is true or not. What I do know is she is hot! Hey that rhymes.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the didnt threaten their lives with booze

being drunk often causes aggressiveness

I have no idea if that is true or not. What I do know is she is hot! Hey that rhymes.

Charlize Theron is a subject that should draw unanimous agreement among all men regardless of the context in which her name was brought up.

I find this thread... disturbing.:lol:

It doesn't guarantee, but statistically CCW permit holders are some of the most law abiding people people in the country, far more so than even the police.

Got a source for that claim?

Even if it is true, assuming a statistical pattern will hold true after a major variable is introduced isn't a good bet.

That's the problem you "don't care enough to". But I bet if it fit your agenda you'd be all over Google. How ever in post #3 you seemed to care.

I don't care enough is a problem? Why?
Sorry if I have no tidbits to feed your partisan agenda. Go ahead, try another approach. Maybe I'll say something you can get your teeth into and run with. As it is, post #3 just doesn't fill your need or you'd have quoted it and commented on it.

If they are legit dealers, they are following the laws and only selling to those who fill out the forms and pass the checks. IIRC the ATF was behind much of those guns going to Mexico

"Months later, one of those assault rifles was seized in neighbouring Mexico at the scene of the "Acapulco police massacre", after one of the country's most powerful drug cartels killed five officers and two secretaries in an attack at the beach resort once regarded as a millionaires' playground. Another was recovered after the kidnap and murder of a cattle buyer. Others were found in the hands of top-level enforcers for narcotics traffickers, or abandoned after attacks on Mexican police and the military. The guns have been tied to eight killings in Mexico.

In time, US federal agents discovered that Hernandez was at the heart of a ring of two dozen people who bought more than 300 weapons from Texas gun shops for one of the more notorious Mexican drug cartels, Los Zetas. Some of those guns have since been linked to the killings of at least 18 Mexican police officers and civilians, including members of the judiciary and a businessman who was abducted and murdered."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/dec/08/us-guns-mexico-drug-cartels

"Authorities don't know how many firearms are sneaked across the border, but the ATF says more than 7,700 guns sold in America were traced to Mexico last year, up from 3,300 the year before and about 2,100 in 2006. The increase is attributed both to a higher volume going south and a growing interest among Mexican authorities in running recovered weapons through a U.S. gun-tracing database.

Mexican and U.S. officials estimate the cartels get 95 percent of their guns from the United States; others are stolen when cartels overrun Mexican authorities. Cartels recruit "straw buyers" in the United States who make purchases on their behalf. Then people are paid to bring the weapons across the border."

U.S. dealers arming Mexican drug cartels - World news - Americas | NBC News

This is a serious issue.

Got a source for that claim?

Even if it is true, assuming a statistical pattern will hold true after a major variable is introduced isn't a good bet.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/8255...permit-holders-are-most-law-aaron-bandler?amp

To be fair, the report is from John Lott who is an avid gun supporter but I hadn't seen anyone dispute the claim yet.

And I agree that you shouldn't assume statistical patterns will hold true, especially in cases that are very complex with a multitude of variables.

Your opinion noted and dismissed.

I've never seen you competently evaluate one of my posts in a way that indicated otherwise, lol.

Doesnt stop me from pointing out when you post something ridiculous.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/8255...permit-holders-are-most-law-aaron-bandler?amp

To be fair, the report is from John Lott who is an avid gun supporter but I hadn't seen anyone dispute the claim yet.

And I agree that you shouldn't assume statistical patterns will hold true, especially in cases that are very complex with a multitude of variables.

There haven't exactly been a lot of studies done into the behavior of individuals with concealed carry permits as well.

I've never seen you competently evaluate one of my posts in a way that indicated otherwise, lol.

Your posts have never been worthy of any serious level of evaluation; they remain nothing more than your opinion and you expressing indignation that others don't agree with it.

Yes, you are always very glad to state your opinion.

There haven't exactly been a lot of studies done into the behavior of individuals with concealed carry permits as well.

Why should there be? Any American citizen that's not prohibited from doing so by being a convicted felon or mentally ill has the right to do so.

Should people exercising their 1A rights or their right to vote or exercising any other right have their behavior 'evaluated?'

But I am interested...what are your pre-conceptions about cc permit holders? What would you expect from such research?

Your posts have never been worthy of any serious level of evaluation; they remain nothing more than your opinion and you expressing indignation that others don't agree with it.

Yes, you are always very glad to state your opinion.

Ah...now just on the attack, nothing to contribute to the discussion. Oh well, this still stands:

Lursa said:

Why should there be? Any American citizen that's not prohibited from doing so by being a convicted felon or mentally ill has the right to do so.

Should people exercising their 1A rights or their right to vote or exercising any other right have their behavior 'evaluated?'

But I am interested...what are your pre-conceptions about cc permit holders? What would you expect from such research?

Why shouldn't there be? Don't the American people have the right to ensure that those who choose to arm themselves in public life are capable of behaving in a responsible manner based on more than....well....them saying so?

Call me when free speech or voting can place the lives of members in the public in imminent danger if not handled responsibly.

Preconceived notions are irrelevant; until data shows up, it's all just people's opinions.

Back
Top Bottom