• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charlize Theron Is An Idiot

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Charlize Theron has said that more guns is not the solution and that the idea of arming teachers is outrageous. She is saying this because she "lost her father to gun violence," although under the circumstances I wouldn't say that's the best way to put it. Her dad was a drunk and this one time when he was drunkedly attacking her mom, her mom shot him in self defense. If anything I would say its a good thing her mom was armed in that situation. Charlize lost her dad not because of guns but because her dad was a drunken loser. Her dad did this to himself and she should blame him not guns.

Charlize Theron has said that more guns is not the solution and that the idea of arming teachers is outrageous. She is saying this because she "lost her father to gun violence," although under the circumstances I wouldn't say that's the best way to put it. Her dad was a drunk and this one time when he was drunkedly attacking her mom, her mom shot him in self defense. If anything I would say its a good thing her mom was armed in that situation. Charlize lost her dad not because of guns but because her dad was a drunken loser. Her dad did this to himself and she should blame him not guns.

Probably one of the only few times when having access to a loaded gun in the home is actually a good thing.

Where did she say that? Why do we care?
We need some context here.

A gun free alternative:

A with shotgun version:

Last edited:
People who are off the ledge about guns almost always are so because they lost a loved one to gun violence.

I'm glad her father was shot.

Probably one of the only few times when having access to a loaded gun in the home is actually a good thing.

One of the few? According to the CDC Americans defend themselves with guns 500k to 3 million times a year.

Yes, thank god her mother had easy access to a gun so she could protect herself and Charlize from a problem caused by easy access to guns

Yes, thank god her mother had easy access to a gun so she could protect herself and Charlize from a problem caused by easy access to guns

What? Are you claiming that her dad allegedly being an abusive drunk was the fault of easy access to guns?

They used a gun to protect themselves from a problem caused by easy access to booze and being an asshole.

Google her name(Charlize Theron). It's pretty easy. And yes it did happen.

I don't care enough to. I know who she is, and seem to remember I'd decided she was kind of looney, but don't remember why.
I just wonder why anyone cares what she thinks of anything.

I don't care enough to. I know who she is, and seem to remember I'd decided she was kind of looney, but don't remember why.

You care enough to post in a thread about her, several times.

You care enough to post in a thread about her, several times.

Bored, I guess.
Do you care what Charlize Theron thinks?

No. I am with you there.

There's this fascination with celebrity thing going on down there. People not only quote actors and singers and athletes, they actually ask for their opinions. And they care about the answers, no matter if it's Charlize Theron or Ted Nugent. Hell, actors and singers and athletes get elected to high office.
Strange.

There's this fascination with celebrity thing going on down there. People not only quote actors and singers and athletes, they actually ask for their opinions. And they care about the answers, no matter if it's Charlize Theron or Ted Nugent. Hell, actors and singers and athletes get elected to high office.
Strange.

It's funny how the Right respects those celebs when they spew snowflake triggers like, "Soros is coming for your guns." But, they totally freak out whenever some celebrity on the Left says, "Guns bad."

that makes no sense. unless you claim guns in a home set up a distillery and provide the occupants with booze

that makes no sense. unless you claim guns in a home set up a distillery and provide the occupants with booze

And yet, I vividly remember people on this board arguing that allowing people to bring guns in bars on a large scale is a good idea

That's the problem you "don't care enough to". But I bet if it fit your agenda you'd be all over Google. How ever in post #3 you seemed to care.

And yet, I vividly remember people on this board arguing that allowing people to bring guns in bars on a large scale is a good idea

it is as long as they aren't drinking. Have you found any evidence of CCW permit holders in bars causing problems?

It's funny how the Right respects those celebs when they spew snowflake triggers like, "Soros is coming for your guns." But, they totally freak out whenever some celebrity on the Left says, "Guns bad."
I think "they totally freak out whenever some celebrity on the Left says "guns bad" is the fact that after saying that they go out and make another shoot'em up bread and butter butter movie with those "bad guns".

Last edited:
I think "they totally freak out whenever some celebrity on the Left says "guns bad" is the fact that after saying that they go out and make another shoot'em up bread and butter butter movie with those "bad guns".

Don't you just love hypocrisy? It's a disease which runs rampant on both sides of the aisle.

it is as long as they aren't drinking. Have you found any evidence of CCW permit holders in bars causing problems?

There doesn't seem to be any sort of coherent study as to what CCW permit holders have done or not done, but there are plenty of cases of accidental discharge, alterations, brandishing of weapons and drunken shootings, including at least one woman in Cincinnati who tried to pull her gun during a fight with an unarmed woman and ended up dying when a bouncer tried to break it up. And the "if they aren't drinking" is a very big "if".

There doesn't seem to be any sort of coherent study as to what CCW permit holders have done or not done, but there are plenty of cases of accidental discharge, alterations, brandishing of weapons and drunken shootings. And the "if they aren't drinking" is a very big "if".

its a felony to be drinking while armed in most states. people who would violate that law aren't going to worry if they are carrying legally in the first place. That is the biggest reality problem with gun banners' arguments-its based on these idiotic assumptions

1) those who don't commit crimes NOW with guns they own, need more restrictions placed on them to prevent them from doing pernicious things they have YET to do

2) those who readily violate substantive laws against murder, robbery, assault and rape, despite the consequences if they are convicted , will somehow obey far less serious (in terms of consequences for a conviction) gun control or gun banning laws.

3) laws banning the sale of certain guns or accessories will prevent people who import, traffic and distribute completely illegal narcotics from obtaining, using or acquiring guns in a nation that already has over 400 million firearms in it

its a felony to be drinking while armed in most states. people who would violate that law aren't going to worry if they are carrying legally in the first place. That is the biggest reality problem with gun banners' arguments-its based on these idiotic assumptions

1) those who don't commit crimes NOW with guns they own, need more restrictions placed on them to prevent them from doing pernicious things they have YET to do

2) those who readily violate substantive laws against murder, robbery, assault and rape, despite the consequences if they are convicted , will somehow obey far less serious (in terms of consequences for a conviction) gun control or gun banning laws.

3) laws banning the sale of certain guns or accessories will prevent people who import, traffic and distribute completely illegal narcotics from obtaining, using or acquiring guns in a nation that already has over 400 million firearms in it

Oh, I certainly wouldn't assume that. People have this interesting habit of not following laws they don't happen to like, and I would definitely say those who get concealed carry permits are no exception to that rule.

The problems with legit dealers selling to Mexican drug cartels is a serious issue, especially given that everything up to and including .50 sniper rifles have made their way across the Rio Grande.

Back
Top Bottom