• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Charlize Theron Is An Idiot

Charlize Theron has said that more guns is not the solution and that the idea of arming teachers is outrageous. She is saying this because she "lost her father to gun violence," although under the circumstances I wouldn't say that's the best way to put it. Her dad was a drunk and this one time when he was drunkedly attacking her mom, her mom shot him in self defense. If anything I would say its a good thing her mom was armed in that situation. Charlize lost her dad not because of guns but because her dad was a drunken loser. Her dad did this to himself and she should blame him not guns.

Carry on.

Typical American hate.

You disagree with someone therefore they are an "idiot"

I love how you attack her family, really adds to the flavor of the item, and is solid proof to me the United States is dying a slow, hateful death.

Hate on, hate on.

There's this fascination with celebrity thing going on down there. People not only quote actors and singers and athletes, they actually ask for their opinions. And they care about the answers, no matter if it's Charlize Theron or Ted Nugent. Hell, actors and singers and athletes get elected to high office.
Strange.

Missed the boat with Arnold. Should have been president, would have terminated Putin

Oh, I certainly wouldn't assume that. People have this interesting habit of not following laws they don't happen to like, and I would definitely say those who get concealed carry permits are no exception to that rule.

People that get CCW permits are following the law.

Unless he takes it to her first...

Guns are just like smack. A false sense of security. Y'all are holding the wolf by the ears all over again.

Except when they aren't, which is the vast majority the time.

People that get CCW permits are following the law.

People getting permits does not guarantee that they will always follow the law; better to leave out the temptation

its a felony to be drinking while armed in most states. people who would violate that law aren't going to worry if they are carrying legally in the first place. That is the biggest reality problem with gun banners' arguments-its based on these idiotic assumptions

1) those who don't commit crimes NOW with guns they own, need more restrictions placed on them to prevent them from doing pernicious things they have YET to do

2) those who readily violate substantive laws against murder, robbery, assault and rape, despite the consequences if they are convicted , will somehow obey far less serious (in terms of consequences for a conviction) gun control or gun banning laws.

3) laws banning the sale of certain guns or accessories will prevent people who import, traffic and distribute completely illegal narcotics from obtaining, using or acquiring guns in a nation that already has over 400 million firearms in it

Is it a felony in AZ? Most states dont allow firearms in bars but AZ does.

In WA St I cant go into a bar or the lounge areas of restaurants where 21 and under are prohibited when armed but I can drink in the restaurant itself.

But I havent heard of whole sale blood shed in the AZ bars.

And if that story is true, great job Charlize's mom! She shoulda left earlier but at least she protected herself and daughter.

Unless he takes it to her first...

Guns are just like smack. A false sense of security. Y'all are holding the wolf by the ears all over again.

Funny, nothing 'false' for the mom in the story.

People getting permits does not guarantee that they will always follow the law; better to leave out the temptation

:doh

Did you read that before you posted it publicly?

Charlize Theron has said that more guns is not the solution and that the idea of arming teachers is outrageous. She is saying this because she "lost her father to gun violence," although under the circumstances I wouldn't say that's the best way to put it. Her dad was a drunk and this one time when he was drunkedly attacking her mom, her mom shot him in self defense. If anything I would say its a good thing her mom was armed in that situation. Charlize lost her dad not because of guns but because her dad was a drunken loser. Her dad did this to himself and she should blame him not guns.

Thats the exception...because more often than not it's the wife that gets shot.

Oh, I certainly wouldn't assume that. People have this interesting habit of not following laws they don't happen to like, and I would definitely say those who get concealed carry permits are no exception to that rule.

The problems with legit dealers selling to Mexican drug cartels is a serious issue, especially given that everything up to and including .50 sniper rifles have made their way across the Rio Grande.
If they are legit dealers, they are following the laws and only selling to those who fill out the forms and pass the checks. IIRC the ATF was behind much of those guns going to Mexico

you have some proof of that?

Right, 'cause you get high reponsibly. You only sniff coke every once in a while and you don't hurt anyone, so why should you be punished by the wankers who abuse it? That argument is out there too.

Why should we be punished by the wankers who abuse it? I I live in a state where recreational Marijuana is legal, and I voted for that law, even though I don't use it.

45% of adult female homicide victims are killed with methods other than firearms, compared to about 30% of the population as a whole. It isn't very difficult, evidently for a grown man to kill an adult female if no guns are available.

Why should we be punished by the wankers who abuse it? I I live in a state where recreational Marijuana is legal, and I voted for that law, even though I don't use it.

And therefore it's okay for you to get high from them firearms, even if they is killing peoples by their very circulation.

Me too.

Stupid useless laws need to go away.

45% of adult female homicide victims are killed with methods other than firearms, compared to about 30% of the population as a whole. It isn't very difficult, evidently for a grown man to kill an adult female if no guns are available.

In the US, the vast majority of people killed by firearms are male. But who gives a ****, right? It's men, and you can't **** men, can you?

you have some proof of that?

I thought it was common knowledge.

"...The CDC analyzed the murders of women in 18 states from 2003 to 2014, finding a total of 10,018 deaths. Of those, 55 percent were intimate partner violence-related, meaning they occurred at the hands of a former or current partner or the partner’s family or friends. In 93 percent of those cases, the culprit was a current or former romantic partner. The report also bucks the strangers-in-dark-alleys narrative common to televised crime dramas: Strangers perpetrated just 16 percent of all female homicides, fewer than acquaintances and just slightly more than parents.....

To reduce domestic violence, the CDC report recommends better bystander training and screening in doctors’ offices. The report also notes, “State statutes limiting access to firearms for persons under a domestic violence restraining order can serve as another preventive measure associated with reduced risk for intimate partner homicide and firearm intimate partner homicide.” Indeed, past studies have shown that an abuser’s possession of a gun greatly increases the risk of female homicide.

Still, loopholes in gun laws mean that abusive spouses and partners often can keep their guns, even if they can’t buy new ones. And the consequences of those loopholes, for women, can be deadly..."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/07/homicides-women/534306/

And in most cases, those women should have gotten away from those men long before it gets to that point.

I hate women allowing themselves to be victimized that way.

And therefore it's okay for you to get high from them firearms, even if they is killing peoples by their very circulation.

That makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom