• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Charles Krauthammer summarizes Tuesday's choice like only he can

I do know that if he had been an honors graduate of higher he would have been on the list that columbia releases

Oh BTW what did I lie about?
No, you don't know that either. Another lie.

you calling anything a lie is hilarious but the fact remains, your master is not shy about trumpeting his record at harvard so its not like he has a general policy about not talking about his academic record. So his reluctance to talk about Occidental and Columbia suggests strongly he wasn't exactly magna cum laude material and given what he wrote in his book its rather obvious he was a piss poor student prior to Harvard Law. He was clearly a better student than McCain, not so much compared to Romney who was a superstar in college

Columbia confirmed years ago that Obama didn't graduate with honors:

Obama's Years at Columbia Are a Mystery - The New York Sun

Federal law limits the information that Columbia can release about Mr. Obama's time there. A spokesman for the university, Brian Connolly, confirmed that Mr. Obama spent two years at Columbia College and graduated in 1983 with a major in political science. He did not receive honors, Mr. Connolly said, though specific information on his grades is sealed. A program from the 1983 graduation ceremony lists him as a graduate.

For whatever that matters.

The shroud over President Barack Obama’s college records — recently spotlighted by Donald Trump’s $5 million challenge — is prompting Americans to share what they’ve got, and The Daily Caller is getting its share of leads, including one story that the president scored a GPA of only 2.6 at Columbia University
The source for the 2.6 number is a successful Silicon Valley entrepreneur and a Columbia alumnus who maintains good ties with the university.

In 2004, after Obama’s successful speech at that year’s Democratic convention, a Columbia University official told him Barack Obama’s GPA, he explained to TheDC.

“This person told me that he [Obama] was a pre-law, poli-sci major, had a lot of incompletes, and as best could be determined after sorting through the incompletes, had a GPA of 2.6,” said the businessman, a former Marine Corps combat veteran.

The source asked not to be named, but TheDC has verified at least one $2,500 contribution he made to Columbia

Read more: Wealthy Columbia donor: School told me Obama had 2.6 GPA | The Daily Caller

The shroud over President Barack Obama’s college records — recently spotlighted by Donald Trump’s $5 million challenge — is prompting Americans to share what they’ve got, and The Daily Caller is getting its share of leads, including one story that the president scored a GPA of only 2.6 at Columbia University
The source for the 2.6 number is a successful Silicon Valley entrepreneur and a Columbia alumnus who maintains good ties with the university.

In 2004, after Obama’s successful speech at that year’s Democratic convention, a Columbia University official told him Barack Obama’s GPA, he explained to TheDC.

“This person told me that he [Obama] was a pre-law, poli-sci major, had a lot of incompletes, and as best could be determined after sorting through the incompletes, had a GPA of 2.6,” said the businessman, a former Marine Corps combat veteran.

The source asked not to be named, but TheDC has verified at least one $2,500 contribution he made to Columbia

Read more: Wealthy Columbia donor: School told me Obama had 2.6 GPA | The Daily Caller

if Obunny had been Phi Beta Kappa it would have been trumpeted by his toadies in the press as much as his law review membership

It's not the most important election ever.

The most important election was 2008. Fortunately we elected a President and a mostly unified congress that were able to put in place a lot of emergency measures to save our economy from the brink of disaster. Imagine what would have happened if we had the government we have now in 2008? Or if we had a McCain presidency with the congress we had?

I know it's fashionable to be overly pessimistic, especially around election time... But things aren't really that bad. We're having a much above recovery as compared to other financial crises and are doing dramatically better than the countries which enacted austerity measures. Moreover, economic forecasts are fairly bullish moving forward over the next few years, regardless who's president.

The senate is going to stay Democratic, the house will remain Republican, and both margins will decrease. No one is going to be able to enact anything radical.

I still think Romney would be bad for the country, but that's more because he stands for nothing and is likely to get bullied by the no compromise wing of the GOP than because he's for actually doing anything or would be able to get anything done.
I couldn't agree more.

The thing is that lots of us screwed around and had lousy undergrad grades...but scored well on the GRE or MCAT or LSAT and got in and rehabbed ourselves. ;)

you calling anything a lie is hilarious but the fact remains, your master is not shy about trumpeting his record at harvard so its not like he has a general policy about not talking about his academic record. So his reluctance to talk about Occidental and Columbia suggests strongly he wasn't exactly magna cum laude material and given what he wrote in his book its rather obvious he was a piss poor student prior to Harvard Law. He was clearly a better student than McCain, not so much compared to Romney who was a superstar in college

I'm sure you can give lots of recent examples of Obama trumpeting his record at Harvard? No? How about one?

:shock:Another clear example of your openly willingness to deny known and documented facts.

Charles Krauthammer: The choice - The Washington Post

Krauthammer has an uncanny ability to take the complicated and discuss it at whatever level his listener prefers, whether it's the seasoned and educated or the everyday novice.

This is the best short summation I've seen of the impact this election will have on America's future.

So, in your own words, what do you think the American social contract is? Also, what do you think the relationship between citizen and state is?

I'll trumpet Romney obtaining BOTH a Masters in Business Administration AND a Juris Doctor (law degree) both from Harvard.

Ah, now that's a credible story of double hearsay from an unnamed person who claims that the university violated confidentiality laws ... apparently in appreciation of a whopping $2500 contribution! :lamo :lamo

I'm sure you can give lots of recent examples of Obama trumpeting his record at Harvard? No? How about one?

You don't consider his toadies acting on his direction?

I'll trumpet Romney obtaining BOTH a Masters in Business Administration AND a Juris Doctor (law degree) both from Harvard.

I would too, but I've never claimed that Romney was stupid.

while raising kids and having a family.

I would too, but I've never claimed that Romney was stupid.

That is to your credit and a point in your integrity favor.

Yep. Ever hear of walking back your BS?

I haven't posted any BS. You on the other hand constantly spout the Obama talking points that tend to be oozing in bovine excrement

I haven't posted any BS. You on the other hand constantly spout the Obama talking points that tend to be oozing in bovine excrement

Awesome, so let's see those recent statements by Obama touting his Harvard credentials.... :popcorn2:

Awesome, so let's see those recent statements by Obama touting his Harvard credentials.... :popcorn2:

your dishonesty is that you pretend it only counts if the candidate publicly says something rather than his toadies or campaign

Back
Top Bottom