• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Charles Krauthammer summarizes Tuesday's choice like only he can

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Charles Krauthammer: The choice - The Washington Post

Every four years we are told that the coming election is the most important of one’s life. This time it might actually be true. At stake is the relation between citizen and state, the very nature of the American social contract.

Krauthammer has an uncanny ability to take the complicated and discuss it at whatever level his listener prefers, whether it's the seasoned and educated or the everyday novice.

This is the best short summation I've seen of the impact this election will have on America's future.

Krauthammer is a shrink and a very good one.

Brilliant, as always! Smartest guy in Washington. Well written and profound. Thanks for sharing this.

Good looking, too ... for a right wing hack.

vampire-bat1.jpg

"This time there's really a wolf, I mean it!

Sounds like more hyperbolic drivel to me. :coffeepap

Good looking, too ... for a right wing hack.

vampire-bat1.jpg

Well, at least he didn't say he was going to stop the rise of the ocean. Obama failed.

Krauthammer has an uncanny ability to take the complicated and discuss it at whatever level his listener prefers, whether it's the seasoned and educated or the everyday novice.

This is the best short summation I've seen of the impact this election will have on America's future.

A total right wing opinion, but a good one for those on his side.

Well, at least he didn't say he was going to stop the rise of the ocean. Obama failed.

Krauthammer is an idiot, but even he isn't stupid enough to be an outright denier.

I’m not a global-warming believer. I’m not a global-warming denier. I’m a global-warming agnostic who believes instinctively that it can’t be very good to pump lots of CO2 into the atmosphere, but is equally convinced that those who presume to know exactly where that leads are talking through their hats.

Charles "Rat Face" Krauthammer

Krauthammer is an idiot, but even he isn't stupid enough to be an outright denier.
st

Krauthammer never said he was going to stop the ocean from rising, Obama did. The east coast is under water.

st

Krauthammer never said he was going to stop the ocean from rising, Obama did. The east coast is under water.

Obama didn't say that either, but never let the truth get in the way of an ignorant right wing talking point.

It's not the most important election ever.

The most important election was 2008. Fortunately we elected a President and a mostly unified congress that were able to put in place a lot of emergency measures to save our economy from the brink of disaster. Imagine what would have happened if we had the government we have now in 2008? Or if we had a McCain presidency with the congress we had?

I know it's fashionable to be overly pessimistic, especially around election time... But things aren't really that bad. We're having a much above recovery as compared to other financial crises and are doing dramatically better than the countries which enacted austerity measures. Moreover, economic forecasts are fairly bullish moving forward over the next few years, regardless who's president.

The senate is going to stay Democratic, the house will remain Republican, and both margins will decrease. No one is going to be able to enact anything radical.

I still think Romney would be bad for the country, but that's more because he stands for nothing and is likely to get bullied by the no compromise wing of the GOP than because he's for actually doing anything or would be able to get anything done.

Agreed. That sums it up very nicely.

It's not the most important election ever.

The most important election was 2008. Fortunately we elected a President and a mostly unified congress that were able to put in place a lot of emergency measures to save our economy from the brink of disaster. Imagine what would have happened if we had the government we have now in 2008? Or if we had a McCain presidency with the congress we had?

I know it's fashionable to be overly pessimistic, especially around election time... But things aren't really that bad. We're having a much above recovery as compared to other financial crises and are doing dramatically better than the countries which enacted austerity measures. Moreover, economic forecasts are fairly bullish moving forward over the next few years, regardless who's president.

The senate is going to stay Democratic, the house will remain Republican, and both margins will decrease. No one is going to be able to enact anything radical.

I still think Romney would be bad for the country, but that's more because he stands for nothing and is likely to get bullied by the no compromise wing of the GOP than because he's for actually doing anything or would be able to get anything done.

You REALLY need to read this.

How Far Obama Has Fallen - WSJ.com

Yes he did.

Even out of context as Dusty presents it, it's not true. He said this is the moment the Oceans slowed, not stopped. But that is out of context. What he means, as anyone who actually speaks English knows, is that they will be better stewards of the environment. Now, we can be dishonest and say he said he stop the oceans from rising, or we can be honest and seek meaning. It's always a choice.

Even out of context as Dusty presents it, it's not true. He said this is the moment the Oceans slowed, not stopped. But that is out of context. What he means, as anyone who actually speaks English knows, is that they will be better stewards of the environment. Now, we can be dishonest and say he said he stop the oceans from rising, or we can be honest and seek meaning. It's always a choice.

Out of context? So Obama didn't really say that?

Funny, it was captured on video in his own words. Now, tell me again what Dusty "presented" besides Obama's own words, from his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom