• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Calling Islam What It Really Is. A Cult [W:407]

Man, you love you some Godwinn! Tell you what, how about I start posting similarities in beliefs between christianity and nazis? Would you accept that you are making a failed comparison then? I would rather not actually do it, though I can, because I have no reason to piss off my christian friends, but hey, you are the one trying Jihad, not me.

If you can find any NT versus that compare to Nazism be my guest. Would love to see them. Not going to get into the argument about the OT again. If you wish, go back pages and read.

Actually, I haven't even seen evidence that it had anything to do with religion, everything I've seen so far suggests it was a parking dispute and had nothing to do with the views of those involved.

Fair enough. I haven't looked into it particularly.

If you can find any NT versus that compare to Nazism be my guest. Would love to see them. Not going to get into the argument about the OT again. If you wish, go back pages and read.

Naziism (and other contemporary forms of fascism) were specifically Catholic. They were endorsed by the pope. Nazi sympathizers in other countries tended to embrace the movement due to their shared religious beliefs and the values that came from them.

Last edited:
The bible has plenty of quotes that has god commanding you to kill non-believers. Is Christianity a cult now too?

No, of course not, Christianity is his pet delusion, it's automatically exempted.

Fair enough. I haven't looked into it particularly.

I haven't either, at least in any detail. The things I have seen though suggest that it wasn't religiously motivated, the media is just running around like idiots, as usual.

Jews have a genocide commandment. It says that they must kill all Amalekite. And they did it too. The commandment orders Jews to not only kill all Amelekites but also to kill their animals so that no person could ever say that the animal belonged to an Amalek. So what does this say about Judaism? If I decide to worship Dragon will a Jew want to kill me? Some Jews believe that they missed some Amalekites and that Palestinians and Iranians among others are Amalek and must be killed.

So is Judaism some kind of death cult? Some Jews think Palestinians are Amalek.

You read anything lately about a Jewish man blowing himself up for that reason? In fact hate crimes against Jews are leading statistically.

Why? Are you asserting that there can't be bad religions?

Sure there can be bad religions. There's a lot, but that's the thing, they are religions. Islam is not. It is a cult.

Oh wait wait wait...So already you want to use all of some books, but you don't want people poking around in all of your holy book? Well isn't that special. This is especially ironic due to verses like Matthew 5:17, where he embraces the old testament:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

So why do you think you know more than Jesus?

Oh wait wait wait...So already you want to use all of some books, but you don't want people poking around in all of your holy book? Well isn't that special. This is especially ironic due to verses like Matthew 5:17, where he embraces the old testament:

So why do you think you know more than Jesus?

That was addressed as well. If you're not going to go back and read, than anything you write is not worth replying to.

You read anything lately about a Jewish man blowing himself up for that reason? In fact hate crimes against Jews are leading statistically.

No one is arguing that Modern Islam is a problem, what people are bringing up are very obvious cognitive dissonance between the violence in the Koran and the violence in the other Abrahamic religious text. If you want to condemn Islam as a cult because the Koran preaches violence? Go ahead and be my guest, but the Bible also has it's fair share of murder, rape, and slavery in it's books.

That was addressed as well. If you're not going to go back and read, than anything you write is not worth replying to.

Ah, so what other special exemptions do you want? Should we ignore these verses, Matthew 10:14-15?

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Turns out that touchy feely new testament has some genocidal warts too...

We stop calling it a religion.

And....? What good would just stop calling it a religion do? Is all your suggesting is we stop CALLING it a religion, or something actually more than changing what we call it? What changes if all we do is stop calling it a religion?

Ah, so what other special exemptions do you want? Should we ignore these verses, Matthew 10:14-15?

Turns out that touchy feely new testament has some genocidal warts too...

Since when did dusting off your feet at nonbelievers compare to killing them? What God does to a person after they die is your decision based on your choice. What an Islamic terrorist does to your church for attending it is an act of terror.

Look at Israeli foreign policy..

If some Jews believe Palestinians and Iranians to be Amalek then....does Israeli foreign policy have something to do with the Jewish genocide commandment. It would seem to be the case.

(;

And....? What good would just stop calling it a religion do? Is all your suggesting is we stop CALLING it a religion, or something actually more than changing what we call it? What changes if all we do is stop calling it a religion?

Nothing. I just thought people should know that their "religion" compares more to a cult than a religion. I wasn't implying it would change anything.

Since when did dusting off your feet at nonbelievers compare to killing them? What God does to a person after they die is your decision based on your choice. What an Islamic terrorist does to your church for attending it is an act of terror.

Dude, your god killed every single person on earth, man, woman and child, except for one family. He destroyed cities and committed genocide many times over. YOu got no room to bitch about other religions being bloodthirsty, yours is based lock stock and barrel on it.

You are being redirected...

And for those who do not wish to read the article, here is just one piece from it.

"2. Muslims are encouraged to commit violence in the name of Islam.

Muslim theological documents — the Koran, Hadith, and Sunna — are filled with statements which encourage devout Muslims to commit violence in the name of Islam.

Here are just a few:

Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(2:191)
Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood (9:123)
When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5)
Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29)
Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30)
Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam (5:33)
The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28)
Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies (22:19)
Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them (47:4)
The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them (8:65)
Muslims must not take the infidels as friends (3:28)
Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an (8:12)
Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels

In addition to the Muslim theological documents mentioned above, Islamic social norms encourage violence. It is widely noted that Friday is the most likely day when jihad attacks will occur within Muslim society. This is because the mullahs use their Friday pulpits to encourage their flock to commit violence in the name of Islam.

In Muslim societies, even the media become involved in the incitement to violence. MEMRI.org has translated thousands of articles from print and electronic media. These translated articles are filled with direct incitement to commit violence in the name of Islam.

Remarkably, some of the most glaring examples of incitement to violence come from new “converts” to Islam. Why would a new convert to Islam commit violence? The obvious answer is the “theological” incitement from their new religion — Islam’s core texts.

There is an unfortunate PC effort to deny, ignore and whitewash this Islam inspired violence. The amount of violence committed worldwide since 9/11 is simply too high to overlook.

The web site The Religion of Peace has been collecting, counting, and publishing a list of deadly Islamic terror attacks worldwide since 9/11/2001. As of January 1, 2014 the number was 22,178. Don’t let the PC crowd tell you it is just the same as the Christians, Buddhists, Hindus or the Jews — make them prove it."
You are not going to convince people.

There are under the illusion that Islam allows for interpretation and discard like Christianity is practiced.
Islam is only a religion of peace if you are a Muslim and of the proper sect. Otherwise it is not.
This is reflected in the multiple polls by those who provide honest answers.
Yes there are peaceful Muslims, but if push comes to shove they will support the verses that have not been abrogated against the non-believer. That is the only thing Islam allows.

Your article and post quoted a few lines of the Qu'ran, but missed some others. In fact, 9:6 (which comes directly after 9:5 you quoted above) says:

"And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah . Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know."
Really?
Just how does polytheists apply to Christians? To Jews?
Let me help you out. It doesn't.
So why don't you explain to all what it actually means? And then explain how 9:5 applies to those polytheists of 9:6 after thy hear the "word" and become non-believers?

Dude, your god killed every single person on earth, man, woman and child, except for one family. He destroyed cities and committed genocide many times over. YOu got no room to bitch about other religions being bloodthirsty, yours is based lock stock and barrel on it.

He gave them a choice first. Noah prophesied of the flood for years before it happened. Noah didn't kill anybody, as the Koran states believers to do.

You are not going to convince people.

There are under the illusion that Islam allows for interpretation and discard like Christianity is practiced.
Islam is only a religion of peace if you are a Muslim and of the proper sect. Otherwise it is not.
This is reflected in the multiple polls by those who provide honest answers.
Yes there are peaceful Muslims, but if push comes to shove they will support the verses that have not been abrogated against the non-believer. That is the only thing Islam allows.

Really?
Just how does polytheists apply to Christians? To Jews?
Let me help you out. It doesn't.
So why don't you explain to all what it actually means? And then explain how 9:5 applies to those polytheists of 9:6 after thy hear the "word" and become non-believers?

The second part to that question I addressed. 9:12 telling them to kill the person they took in if they dont abide by the oath they took. And I know I won't convince anyone, but I still wanted to try. I'm done with this thread though anyways.

Nothing. I just thought people should know that their "religion" compares more to a cult than a religion. I wasn't implying it would change anything.

So basically you want something that you acknowledge will change nothing and which you suggest you want to have no tangibles effect simply to be spitiful and insulting to a large group of people to make yourself feel good.

Yeah, with such a compelling reason as that I'm guessing the vast majority of people, other than those that are amazing hateful, will likely not be swayed to your antagonistic hate filled cause.

If it will change nothing tangible, and have no tangible effect, then there's no reason to denigrate a whole religion of people by changing centuries worth of societal recognition by insulting them as a cult....other than spite or hate.

Perhaps if you desired the change as a means of some kind of actual end that actually has an impact on the world it would be reasonable to assume a motive other than those two....but you've now claimed repeatedly you would only care to have them called something else and that's it.

Last edited:
The second part to that question I addressed. 9:12 telling them to kill the person they took in if they dont abide by the oath they took. And I know I won't convince anyone, but I still wanted to try. I'm done with this thread though anyways.
I understand.

I dunno, let's look at it. Cult - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure sounds like Christianity to me. Genocide? Check. Hypocrisy? Check. Condemns though who don't believe to eternal damnation? Check. Thinks the universe is 6000 years old? Check. Sounds pretty deviant to me. Might not want ot throw stones there.

Back
Top Bottom