• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Calling Islam What It Really Is. A Cult [W:407]

without the OT there is not Koran. Some of it anyways. Mos of it is not used.

what in the hell is an OT?

once again all the Koran tells you is did i not tell you in the days of Noah and in the days of Abraham what i expect from the human race. remember we all descendents of Abraham. Surely this is the book of truth where there is no doubt and surely it is from your lord.... well if you believe in magic ofcourse... OPPS. i mean if you have Faith.

By definition all Religions are a cult. Any christian trying to special plead is being ridiculous.

Do you not understand why not tying ISIS to a billion-strong religion and its centuries-old concepts of struggle is a good PR move?

I don't care about PR, I care about truth. Lying because it makes you look better is not a positive.

what in the hell is an OT?

once again all the Koran tells you is did i not tell you in the days of Noah and in the days of Abraham what i expect from the human race. remember we all descendents of Abraham. Surely this is the book of truth where there is no doubt and surely it is from your lord.... well if you believe in magic ofcourse... OPPS. i mean if you have Faith.

It means Old Testament. Hey, if you want to believe that Islam took the OT and used it in a way that was beneficial towards the Jews, be my guest. You'd have a hard time backing that claim up though. That's not what this debate is about.

Golly. Well let me take a stab at it.

You said Christianity, Judaism, and Islam were "cultish." So I went to Webster's Dictionary and I looked up the definition of the word "cult."

: a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous

Now let's use our powers of deduction, and see why the three major religions of the world are NOT cults.

-Not one of them is a "small religious group," unless you consider billions of followers to be "small"

-Clearly, none of the three could be characterized as being "not part of a larger, more accepted religion"

Soooooo.... yeah you were indeed wrong.

I said they were as cultish as Islam, which is what we're discussing in this thread. Go read the OP. Come on back when you have a clue what you're talking about, nobody should see you for a very long time.

No one in the Christian religion is trying to kill you. Convert, don't convert. Doesn't matter to me. You choose your own life.
Ah, the comfort of privilege. You'd be surprised if you lived the life of a minority in this country. You'd learn a lot that you don't know.

If you honestly believe you are far more likely to die at the hand of a christian terrorist, then whatever.

Statistically true.

Last I heard an atheist killed three Muslims. Should we start worrying about atheist terrorist now too?

No, because no one ever does anything because of not believing something. That man killed those people because of the religious bigotry that his culture spouts. Kind of like you're spouting right now. That he personally didn't believe in your religion has nothing to do with the fact that your religion is saying every day that we are or should be at war with Islam.

As the OT is not part of ours. As I stated, it's there for a genealogy record only, but go ahead and keep making asinine statements to supports your nonreligious beliefs.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Matthew 5:17

No one in the Christian religion is trying to kill you. Convert, don't convert. Doesn't matter to me. You choose your own life.
Ah, the comfort of privilege. You'd be surprised if you lived the life of a minority in this country. You'd learn a lot that you don't know.

Statistically true.

No, because no one ever does anything because of not believing something. That man killed those people because of the religious bigotry that his culture spouts. Kind of like you're spouting right now. That he personally didn't believe in your religion has nothing to do with the fact that your religion is saying every day that we are or should be at war with Islam.

People of nonfaith do things all the time for no reason. Name one religion where a suicide pact is a form of salvation.

That's because "statistically" Islamic terrorist actions are not being called Islamic terrorist action. What was an Islamic terrorist shooting up a place has "statistically" become work place violence. Don't call it what it is, can't "statistically" add it in.

It means Old Testament. Hey, if you want to believe that Islam took the OT and used it in a way that was beneficial towards the Jews, be my guest. You'd have a hard time backing that claim up though. That's not what this debate is about.

do jews even believe in the NT?

Apparently Baron Bodissey is the scholar of record on Islam.:roll:

This thread contains a disturbing lack of objectivity.

Actually, I haven't even seen evidence that it had anything to do with religion, everything I've seen so far suggests it was a parking dispute and had nothing to do with the views of those involved.

Then you're an idiot.

Kill Jews.
Kill those who don't agree.
Bring about a master religion.
etc etc.

That is most religions. Nothing new there.

So say your articles assertion is correct.

So what? What would that mean and what would you suggest should happen?

We stop calling it a religion.

Not even close to any religion. Just the Nazi regime.

The bible has plenty of quotes that has god commanding you to kill non-believers. Is Christianity a cult now too?

Not even close to any religion. Just the Nazi regime.

Man, you love you some Godwinn! Tell you what, how about I start posting similarities in beliefs between christianity and nazis? Would you accept that you are making a failed comparison then? I would rather not actually do it, though I can, because I have no reason to piss off my christian friends, but hey, you are the one trying Jihad, not me.

Jews have a genocide commandment. It says that they must kill all Amalekite. And they did it too. The commandment orders Jews to not only kill all Amelekites but also to kill their animals so that no person could ever say that the animal belonged to an Amalek. So what does this say about Judaism? If I decide to worship Dagon will a Jew want to kill me? Some Jews believe that they missed some Amalekites and that Palestinians and Iranians among others are Amalek and must be killed.

So is Judaism some kind of death cult? Some Jews think Palestinians are Amalek.

Last edited:
Is it safe to worship Dagon again yet? I don't want a Jewish person to want to kill me because of their genocide commandment.

Edit- worship Satan if you must. But for God sake don't go worshipping Dagon. Or if you do keep it quiet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom