• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Calling Islam What It Really Is. A Cult [W:407]

Because the NT isn't part of their belief system. The OT is in every single Bible out there though. But go ahead, keep making asinine excuses to support your ridiculous religious beliefs.

As the OT is not part of ours. As I stated, it's there for a genealogy record only, but go ahead and keep making asinine statements to supports your nonreligious beliefs.

Hey, they just need jobs and you cannot call them assholes unless you call those of other faiths something worse.

What a load of nonsense. Utter, willful misinterpretation of people's comments.

As the OT is not part of ours. As I stated, it's there for a genealogy record only, but go ahead and keep making asinine statements to supports your nonreligious beliefs.

I'm just responding to your asinine beliefs. If you don't want to be ridiculed for your beliefs, stop holding such ridiculous beliefs.

I'm just responding to your asinine beliefs. If you don't want to be ridiculed for your beliefs, stop holding such ridiculous beliefs.

As I am to your asinine statements about my beliefs. If you don't like being ridiculed for your statements, stop making asinine statements.

Somehow I doubt they give a damn what Obama thinks of them.

They probably don't. But others do, and seeing the leader of the free world associate ISIS with Islam provides a powerful recruiting tool.

They probably don't. But others do, and seeing the leader of the free world associate ISIS with Islam provides a powerful recruiting tool.

It just proves that our Moron in Chief has no balls. That's no surprise to anyone rational on the planet.

If they're so similar why do you always defend one and bash the other? If you meant what you said, you'd be consistent but you're not.

I never defend either. But I will always contradict the notion that Christianity is somehow better that Islam, and the idea that the barbarism of one religion is ever an excuse to ignore the barbarism of another. Everything bad you think of Islam is also true of Christianity. Also of Hinduism. And probably of Judaism, but they operate on such different scales that it's difficult to tell. They are all intrinsically evil, and are evil in pretty much the same exact ways. They are merely slightly different cultural manifestations of the same stupidity, ignorance, fear-mongering, and submission to unworthy power structures that have plagued humanity for thousands of years. In every important respect, they are identical. They keep people ignorant, fearful, and obeying those who would abuse them.

I never defend either. But I will always contradict the notion that Christianity is somehow better that Islam, and the idea that the barbarism of one religion is ever an excuse to ignore the barbarism of another. Everything bad you think of Islam is also true of Christianity. Also of Hinduism. And probably of Judaism, but they operate on such different scales that it's difficult to tell. They are all intrinsically evil, and are evil in pretty much the same exact ways. They are merely slightly different cultural manifestations of the same stupidity, ignorance, fear-mongering, and submission to unworthy power structures that have plagued humanity for thousands of years. In every important respect, they are identical. They keep people ignorant, fearful, and obeying those who would abuse them.

But only one of them is trying to kill you right now.

It just proves that our Moron in Chief has no balls. That's no surprise to anyone rational on the planet.

That's a pretty stupid way of looking at it. What are the positives of:

A: granting ISIS legitimate claim to an entire religion, or
B: contradicting the official position, dating back to the previous administration, that our battle against extremists is not a war on Islam?

Outside of terrorist group activity - what Muslim government kills Muslims for leaving the faith as outlined by their theocratic legislation?

If you are solely relying on Islam extremist as you defining point in coloring the entire religion as bloodthirsty then the same could definitely be said of Christianity.

There have been plenty of terrorist attacks and hate crimes done in the name of Christianity with the culprits citing religious text for their reasoning.

Are you christian? Sounds like you whole premise is that of special pleading.

B: contradicting the official position, dating back to the previous administration, that our battle against extremists is not a war on Islam?

How easy it would be to be a bank robber and not have the government acknowledge me. The mafia I would form. I'd tell some to walk into banks wearing skimasks, but not to rob it. When confronted about it, I'd claim they were being racist. I have a right to wear what I wish where I wish. I'd even form a cult around it. the Skimask religion. As it were happening I'd have some rob banks as well. Soon it would reach a point where you could only defend yourself when a gun is in your face asking for the money, but by then it's too late. You never saw it coming. Acknowledge that this mafia exists and what and how they do in order to steal, and it becomes harder to become accepted into places. Don't and I keep taking. That simple.

A: They don't need Obama to grant them "legitimacy", they don't care what Obama says at all.
B: Since when did I say Bush was worth a damn either? Just saying "that last guy was wrong so I can keep being wrong" is not a legitimate position. It's childish.

How easy it would be to be a bank robber and not have the government acknowledge me. The mafia I would form. I'd tell some to walk into banks wearing skimasks, but not to rob it. When confronted about it, I'd claim they were being racist. I have a right to wear what I wish where I wish. I'd even form a cult around it. the Skimask religion. As it were happening I'd have some rob banks as well. Soon it would reach a point where you could only defend yourself when a gun is in your face asking for the money, but by then it's too late. You never saw it coming. Acknowledge that this mafia exists and what and how they do in order to steal, and it becomes harder to become accepted into places. Don't and I keep taking. That simple.

That makes absolutely no sense. The only way that analogy makes a lick of sense is if the government totally left you alone. Is it your position that the U.S. Government is doing nothing to combat ISIS?

Outside of terrorist group activity - what Muslim government kills Muslims for leaving the faith as outlined by their theocratic legislation?

If you are solely relying on Islam extremist as you defining point in coloring the entire religion as bloodthirsty then the same could definitely be said of Christianity.

There have been plenty of terrorist attacks and hate crimes done in the name of Christianity with the culprits citing religious text for their reasoning.

Are you christian? Sounds like you whole premise is that of special pleading.

Iran.

OMG. without the bible there is no Koran... also this religious crap as it relates to poltical views are just opinions and faith. bottom line its the same magic god in all of the religious text.

A: They don't need Obama to grant them "legitimacy", they don't care what Obama says at all.
B: Since when did I say Bush was worth a damn either? Just saying "that last guy was wrong so I can keep being wrong" is not a legitimate position. It's childish.

Do you not understand why not tying ISIS to a billion-strong religion and its centuries-old concepts of struggle is a good PR move?

That makes absolutely no sense. The only way that analogy makes a lick of sense is if the government totally left you alone. Is it your position that the U.S. Government is doing nothing to combat ISIS?

Yeah, I guess some drone strikes and a summit meeting might destroy my entire scam. I forget how effective blowing up 2 people in a truck can be when you only have 40,000 members.

OMG. without the bible there is no Koran... also this religious crap as it relates to poltical views are just opinions and faith. bottom line its the same magic god in all of the religious text.

without the OT there is not Koran. Some of it anyways. Mos of it is not used.

I did. It didn't change a thing I said.

Golly. Well let me take a stab at it.

You said Christianity, Judaism, and Islam were "cultish." So I went to Webster's Dictionary and I looked up the definition of the word "cult."

: a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous

Now let's use our powers of deduction, and see why the three major religions of the world are NOT cults.

-Not one of them is a "small religious group," unless you consider billions of followers to be "small"

-Clearly, none of the three could be characterized as being "not part of a larger, more accepted religion"

Soooooo.... yeah you were indeed wrong.

" I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Sounds downright evil to me. Lol. Can you not see how this saying of Jesus' above completely contradicts and is diametrically opposed to the quotes given in the OP?

Here's some more evil for you. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

I shutter at the pure evil. Here's some more evil for your soul...

"All the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not covet, and so on, are summed up in this single command: You must love your neighbor as yourself."

Yep, sounds just like something Muhammed would say. Lol.

Golly. Well let me take a stab at it.

You said Christianity, Judaism, and Islam were "cultish." So I went to Webster's Dictionary and I looked up the definition of the word "cult."

: a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous

Now let's use our powers of deduction, and see why the three major religions of the world are NOT cults.

-Not one of them is a "small religious group," unless you consider billions of followers to be "small"

-Clearly, none of the three could be characterized as being "not part of a larger, more accepted religion"

Soooooo.... yeah you were indeed wrong.

Just because a cult has managed to brainwash more than a handful of people, doesn't make it any less of a cult. Any "religion" that condones and teaches violence is not a religion.

Religion: "the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices."

Islam: "submission to the will of Allah."

No. Only one of them is trying to kill you. Islam and Christianity are both trying to kill me. And then they want to gloat as I suffer in hell. I've suffered far more at the hands of American Christians than I have at the hands of Middle Eastern Muslims. The same is true for nearly every atheist or Jew in this country, and we are far more likely to die at the hands of Christian terrorists from our own country than Muslim ones from abroad.

" I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Sounds downright evil to me. Lol. Can you not see how this saying of Jesus' above completely contradicts and is diametrically opposed to the quotes given in the OP?

Here's some more evil for you. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

I shutter at the pure evil. Here's some more evil for your soul...

"All the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not covet, and so on, are summed up in this single command: You must love your neighbor as yourself."

Yep, sounds just like something Muhammed would say. Lol.

Every religion, including Islam, says those same things. And then they say, in a much louder voice, that everyone who isn't part of your faith is your enemy and that violence is perfectly acceptable and encouraged when used against them. No thank you. Human nature tells us everything we need to be good. Religion tells us to kill each other because we can't agree on who best articulated truths that are ingrained in our DNA.

No. Only one of them is trying to kill you. Islam and Christianity are both trying to kill me. And then they want to gloat as I suffer in hell. I've suffered far more at the hands of American Christians than I have at the hands of Middle Eastern Muslims. The same is true for nearly every atheist or Jew in this country, and we are far more likely to die at the hands of Christian terrorists from our own country than Muslim ones from abroad.

No one in the Christian religion is trying to kill you. Convert, don't convert. Doesn't matter to me. You choose your own life. That's your choice. Just because hell is an option, doesn't mean it wasn't chosen. But were not trying to kill you. If you honestly believe you are far more likely to die at the hand of a christian terrorist, then whatever. Last I heard an atheist killed three Muslims. Should we start worrying about atheist terrorist now too?

I love how you didn't provide the link because, god forbid us dummies read the entire entry of definitions for the word "Cult"

Your cherry picking is noted though.

From, presumably, your own source -

Cult - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

1: formal religious veneration : worship
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad
b : the object of such devotion
c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Back
Top Bottom