• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden leads by 'landslide proportions'

You think...

Yup. You ought to try it some time.

Ah, I would say like so many you are missing why independents really do not like Trump. It's true they didn't like him election day 2016 57% of independents had an unfavorable view of him, but voted for him over Hillary because she had a 70% unfavorable view among independents. Questions 10 and 11.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

Now go to question 65, Trump's likability among independents, 26% like him a lot or somewhat, 43% dislike him a lot or somewhat.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/dl1xj5lsd9/econTabReport.pdf

Question 73 from above link, run for reelection, 36% of independents say yes, 45% say no. Question 67, Trump's honesty, 27% of independents say he is honest and trustworthy, 46% say he is not. Question 68, does Trump has the temperament to be president, 34% of independents say yes, 48% no.

I think 2020 will be all about Trump. I think his brash, uncouth personality, his in your face persona has turned off quite a lot of independents. Will they go for Biden, I don't know. Too early to tell. But I think independents for the most part have made up their minds about Trump. They're minds made up more by his unpresidential behavior than by the economy. The good economy listening to Republicans and Trump supporters was suppose to save the house in 2018 for the GOP. It didn't, independents voted 54-42 for Democratic congressional candidates, more against Trump than for the democrats which they don't like much either. My take so far, subject to change. How's that for a caveat, but I go by numbers, not the heart which is pretty much what partisans, both pro and anti Trumpers go by.

The indies may not like Trump as a person, but will they rock the boat if the economy is doing okay? Historically, the only two times the Dems won since Carter (Clinton, Obama) was when the economy took a bit of a nose dive.

Yup. You ought to try it some time.

The indies may not like Trump as a person, but will they rock the boat if the economy is doing okay? Historically, the only two times the Dems won since Carter (Clinton, Obama) was when the economy took a bit of a nose dive.

I think they will depending on whom the Democrats nominate. You have a 10 point difference in how independents view Trump on the economy and on his overall job performance. The economy, independents average 52-43 approve/disapprove and over all job performance, just the opposite 43/53 approve/disapprove. That is unheard of. Normally the two numbers, categories are within a point or two of each other one way or the other, plus or minus. Ford, Carter, G.H.W. Bush all had overall job approval's below 45% when they lost. Every other president since FDR seeking reelection with an overall job approval of above 50% won.

Independents in general don't pay much if any attention to the daily grind of politics or the going on's in Washington. They tend to make up their minds whom to vote for on whether or not they like or dislike the candidate. Not the party so much although you do have independents who lean toward one party or the other.

I think those 45% of independents who dislike Trump, based more on his personality than his policies, for some against, some and who don't want him to run for reelection won't be voting for him. Those independents who do like Trump and want him to run again will vote for him for sure. But you have a 10 point disconnect or 10 points under water with independents at this time.

But we don't know whom the Democrats will nominate, could be another Hillary Clinton type candidate which could make everything I said irrelevant. But a decent candidate, the Democrats should win independents by 10 points or a bit more. Time will tell.

Democrats claimed the US intelligence agencies were wrong to suggest the possibility that Saddam had WMDs and the USA intelligence agencies spokespeople under Obama claimed Trump colluded with Russians just like Hillary claimed. Just because people speaking for intelligence agencies say some things does not by the mere utterances make those things facts.

Democrats claim republicans are trying to keep black voters from voting by enforcing federal election laws. Why don't the dummies just change the laws instead of falsely accusing republicans of being evil for upholding the laws?

Stopping old people from using uber to go vote is not upholding federal laws. Stopping groups from being busted to polls that are long distance is not upholding federal election laws.

And voterid is nothing but the age old trick of a poll tax.

People are really going to accuse Joe Biden of being a sex predator and turn around and vote for Trump at the turn of a screw... talk about hypocrisy!

Stopping old people from using uber to go vote is not upholding federal laws. Stopping groups from being busted to polls that are long distance is not upholding federal election laws.

Democrats do not work to change laws, they condemn republicans for upholding them. Go figger.

Not when matched against the perverted democrat sex goddess of degenerate lifestyles and corrupt values in 2016.

Clearly you speak of trump

that's your claim. Can you provide any credible, verifiable 'facts' to prove your positive claim actually holds one drop of water ?

If you think democrats are being honest and above board in their political maneuvering methods then you are blind and I don't know if that can be cured.

People are really going to accuse Joe Biden of being a sex predator and turn around and vote for Trump at the turn of a screw... talk about hypocrisy!

I thing it is more than that. It is about having accused Trump of being a predator and now pushing Biden to the top spot regardless.
Is it right? No. Is it hypocrisy? Absolutely, on both sides.

Thete is no debate. Abortion is legal and will remain so

Ungodly barbarians have legalized murder in spite of God's disapproval. These bozos see nothing wrong with delivering preemies alive, washing them thoroughly to prevent bacterial infections, and then cutting out their livers to be sold for tens of thousands of dollars to researchers and other well respected hedonists who use the livers for the supposed benefit of the unsuspecting ignorant population.

Last edited:
Ungodly barbarians have legalized murder in spite of God's disapproval. These bozos see nothing wrong with delivering preemies alive, washing them thoroughly to prevent bacterial infections, and then cutting out their livers to be sold for tens of thousands of dollars to researchers and other well respected hedonists who use the livers for the supposed benefit of the unsuspecting ignorant population.

Yeah....and it's fun too

When a sinner repents of his sins and obtains forgiveness and a new spirit from Jesus Christ his Lord.

Great. Non Christian's can have abortion on demand then

You seem to find fault with federal election laws. What should be done to correct the laws, impeach Trump? I think such foolishness makes sense to democrats.

You seem to find fault with federal election laws. What should be done to correct the laws, impeach Trump? I think such foolishness makes sense to democrats.

Heck, Hillary would have presented Putin with the red button by now, and amused the Queen with her famous laughter.

In what fashion does the citizenry need to be reformed and how do you do it?

In what fashion does the citizenry need to be reformed

Americans need to learn what it is to be an American

and how do you do it?

Not easy

Protest - controversy changes history

When the times are ripe

I thing it is more than that. It is about having accused Trump of being a predator and now pushing Biden to the top spot regardless.
Is it right? No. Is it hypocrisy? Absolutely, on both sides.

Oh, absolutely. What I am talking about is anyone who at this point honestly thinks what we've got now is better than an alternative...

Oh, absolutely. What I am talking about is anyone who at this point honestly thinks what we've got now is better than an alternative...

I don't like politicians. 'cept Bernie.

What I like about this early poll is that Sanders is NOT growing. Like I've predicted many times, Sanders will NOT be the Dem nominee. Again. And of course his followers will blame everybody but him.

I'd vote for anybody not named Trump in a heartbeat at this point, including Hillary Clinton.

Describe, if you will, what it means to be American to you?

Ok.

Describe, if you will, what it means to be American to you?

Not just me, it's what our founding fathers thought(wink)

Being an American is having the "spirit" in what was our American revolution(Hello)

It's more than just citizenship

Not just me, it's what our founding fathers thought(wink)

Being an American is having the "spirit" in what was our American revolution(Hello)

It's more than just citizenship

So, to be an american, you need to revolt?

Back
Top Bottom