• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden leads by 'landslide proportions'

Thirty or forty year old allegations seem to have lost their steam by the time they finally surface for whatever reason (political reasons, perhaps? Probably so.)
It took a former classmate of Brett Kavanaugh decades to resurrect her claims of abuse, and even then her story was full of gaping holes. This sort of sudden movement after so many years have elapsed smells strongly of political motivation. Contrast those unexplained delays to the quickness with which Clinton's accusers brought serious allegations against him.

Joe Biden also has some 'splaining' to do.

Supreme Court on Tuesday blocked an Indiana law barring abortions based on a fetus' sex, race or disability, while allowing a separate state measure requiring fetal remains to be buried or cremated to take effect.

The justices declined to review a lower court's decision overturning a law restricting when and why an abortion could be performed. Vice President Mike Pence signed the measure into law in 2016 when he was Indiana governor, and it was blocked by the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals last year

3. United States v. Richard Gates
U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia
(Awaiting sentencing)
4. United States v. Internet Research Agency, et al. (Russian Social Media Campaign)
National Security Division
(Post-indictment, pre-arrest & pre-trial 1)
5. United States v. Konstantin Kilimnik
(Post-indictment, pre-arrest)
6. United States v. Paul Manafort
U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Virginia
(Post-conviction)
7. United States v. Viktor Netyksho, et al. (Russian Hacking Operations)
U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Pennsylvania
National Security Division
(Post-indictment, pre-arrest)
8. United States v. William Samuel Patten
(Awaiting sentencing)

Old crimes resurrected and crimes unrelated to Trump prove Mueller's original instructions to find Trump/Russian collusion proved the original purpose of the investigations was misguided.

The presumption of innocence

That's right. Until the evidence becomes more compelling or until a conviction is obtained in court all defendants, including Biden, Trump, Kavanaugh, Clinton, and all others, are to be considered innocent.

That's right. Until the evidence becomes more compelling or until a conviction is obtained in court all defendants, including Biden, Trump, Kavanaugh, Clinton, and all others, are to be considered innocent.

Agreed

The voter id laws are designed to prevent voter impersonation which is extremely rare

You say "extremely rare." Is that because thorough investigations have proven the fraud is rare, or because extremely rare serious investigations into the fraud leave experts with no idea how often it occurs or does not occur?

Old crimes resurrected and crimes unrelated to Trump prove Mueller's original instructions to find Trump/Russian collusion proved the original purpose of the investigations was misguided.

And obstruction of justice

You say "extremely rare." Is that because thorough investigations have proven the fraud is rare, or because extremely rare serious investigations into the fraud leave experts with no idea how often it occurs or does not occur?

Washington Post
A comprehensive investigation of voter impersonation finds 31 credible incidents out of one billion ballots cast
voter impersonation studies from www.washingtonpost.com
Aug 6, 2014 · Voter impersonation is a dumb way to steal an election, which is why it rarely happens

And obstruction of justice

The order appointing me Special Counsel authorized us to investigate actions that could obstruct the investigation. We conducted that investigation and we kept the office of the Acting Attorney General apprised of the progress of our work

If registration records in our national voter file are never wrongly marked as having been
used to vote, we estimate that about 1 in 4,000 votes cast in 2012 were double votes. But
inaccurate marking of vote records would cause this estimate to overstate the number of true
double votes. In fact, a 1.3% clerical error rate would be sufficient to explain all of these
apparent double votes. Unfortunately, no data exist to make a definitive statement about
the error rate nationwide. However, a comparison we make of vote records in a poll book
to vote records in a voter file supports the idea of enough measurement error to explain at
least some, and potentially nearly all, of the apparent double votes.

I agree, but eye popping polls this far out are interesting such as Biden leading Trump in Texas. Also Biden way ahead of Warren in Massachusetts for the Democratic nomination. Mass is Warren's home state.

I've watched Trump's overall job approval since he first took office. It has basically stayed between 40-44% approval, 52-56% disapproval. A consistency never heard of. I also watched Trump's approval/disapproval on the economy. That too has been constant, approval between 50-54%, disapproval between 44-48%. Again a consistency never seen before. Usually what one sees on the economy, a president's overall job approval is within a couple of points one way or the other. This 10 point disparity is unique.

Most Trumpers were trumpeting the economy when the midterms occurred as the reason the GOP would retain the house. That didn't happen. Matter of fact Trump had a 53% approval/41% disapproval on the economy on election day. His overall job approval/disapproval was 43/53% which leads me to believe the economy has little to do with Trump or how the people vote.

I think what's will doom Trump regardless of whom the Democrats nominate is his obnoxious, brash personality. That I think doom the GOP house in 2018 and will doom Trump in 2020. That is unless the Democrats nominate another Hillary Clinton, a candidate as disliked by America as a whole as Trump is. Watch independents, how they go so too will the 2020 election. Independents went for Trump in 2016 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party, against both major party candidates. However independents voted Democratic for the House 54-42. Quite a switch.

I agree head to head this far out means nothing, but how independents view things, Trump in particular means quite a lot. The Republican Party is still the smaller of the two major parties. Trump and the GOP must win independents or lose the election. Forget everything else, just keep an eye on independents.

I think indies would prefer Trump over Biden. The economy is doing fine, and the last sitting POTUS to lose releection was Bush 1 because of it. When it comes to personality, its the Orange Nut versus the Creepy Uncle, so it looks like a tie to me in that category.

Harvard University › scholar › files › filesPDF
One Person, One Vote: Estimating the Prevalence of Double Voting in US Presidential Elections - Scholars at Harvard - Harvard University
by S Goel · 2017 · Cited by 9 · Related articles
Jan 17, 2019 · impersonation).1 After extensive research, Levitt (2007) and Minnite (2010) conclude that little to no voter fraud — of any stripe — has occurred in recent U.S. elections. One of their primary pieces of ...

I think indies would prefer Trump over Biden. The economy is doing fine, and the last sitting POTUS to lose releection was Bush 1 because of it. When it comes to personality, its the Orange Nut versus the Creepy Uncle, so it looks like a tie to me in that category.

You think...

Republicans go to Trump 91 - 6 percent. Biden leads 95 - 3 percent among Democrats and 58 - 28 percent among independent voters.

Ah, I would say like so many you are missing why independents really do not like Trump. It's true they didn't like him election day 2016 57% of independents had an unfavorable view of him, but voted for him over Hillary because she had a 70% unfavorable view among independents. Questions 10 and 11.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

Now go to question 65, Trump's likability among independents, 26% like him a lot or somewhat, 43% dislike him a lot or somewhat.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/dl1xj5lsd9/econTabReport.pdf

Question 73 from above link, run for reelection, 36% of independents say yes, 45% say no. Question 67, Trump's honesty, 27% of independents say he is honest and trustworthy, 46% say he is not. Question 68, does Trump has the temperament to be president, 34% of independents say yes, 48% no.

I think 2020 will be all about Trump. I think his brash, uncouth personality, his in your face persona has turned off quite a lot of independents. Will they go for Biden, I don't know. Too early to tell. But I think independents for the most part have made up their minds about Trump. They're minds made up more by his unpresidential behavior than by the economy. The good economy listening to Republicans and Trump supporters was suppose to save the house in 2018 for the GOP. It didn't, independents voted 54-42 for Democratic congressional candidates, more against Trump than for the democrats which they don't like much either. My take so far, subject to change. How's that for a caveat, but I go by numbers, not the heart which is pretty much what partisans, both pro and anti Trumpers go by.

Ah, I would say like so many you are missing why independents really do not like Trump. It's true they didn't like him election day 2016 57% of independents had an unfavorable view of him, but voted for him over Hillary because she had a 70% unfavorable view among independents. Questions 10 and 11.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

Now go to question 65, Trump's likability among independents, 26% like him a lot or somewhat, 43% dislike him a lot or somewhat.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/dl1xj5lsd9/econTabReport.pdf

Question 73 from above link, run for reelection, 36% of independents say yes, 45% say no. Question 67, Trump's honesty, 27% of independents say he is honest and trustworthy, 46% say he is not. Question 68, does Trump has the temperament to be president, 34% of independents say yes, 48% no.

I think 2020 will be all about Trump. I think his brash, uncouth personality, his in your face persona has turned off quite a lot of independents. Will they go for Biden, I don't know. Too early to tell. But I think independents for the most part have made up their minds about Trump. They're minds made up more by his unpresidential behavior than by the economy. The good economy listening to Republicans and Trump supporters was suppose to save the house in 2018 for the GOP. It didn't, independents voted 54-42 for Democratic congressional candidates, more against Trump than for the democrats which they don't like much either. My take so far, subject to change. How's that for a caveat, but I go by numbers, not the heart which is pretty much what partisans, both pro and anti Trumpers go by.

Trump’s real political problem is self-identified independents and voters who don’t love him or hate him. In the 2018 midterms, independents broke heavily for the Democrats in U.S. House elections (+12), as did voters who “somewhat” disapproved of the president (+29), according to exit polls. In this Quinnipiac survey, all the Democratic candidates had double digit leads over Trump among independents, and those are the numbers that should worry the president and his political team.

Should We Take These Early General Election Polls Seriously? $#!% No! | FiveThirtyEight

In interviews with the FBI before the Office's opening, Page acknowledged that he
understood that the individuals he had associated with were members of the Russian intelligence
services, but he stated that he had only provided immaterial non-public information to them and
that he did not view this relationship as a backchannel.537 Page told investigating agents that "the
more immaterial non-public information I give them, the better for this country." 538

If talking with Russians is a crime then we have a problem. Thousands of Americans, many high in democrat politics, are guilty.

Back
Top Bottom