• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bad Defense By Trump

I hat is what starr is doing as we speak, he is attacking the process, did once say that ump didn't do it.

I briefly tuned in to see him claim that impeachment is being overused. Since the camera is aimed only at one point in the room, viewers were unable to see just off-camera where the irony tore a hole in time and space.

I briefly tuned in to see him claim that impeachment is being overused. Since the camera is aimed only at one point in the room, viewers were unable to see just off-camera where the irony tore a hole in time and space.

Like I said in another thread I pointed out that Starr could put a meth head to sleep...

It continues to be the case that it is illegal to want to blow up a plane.
Its not illegal to withhold aid.

According to the impoundment act, yes, it's ****ing illegal.

It's also illegal to solicit a foreign government for a thing of value.

And don't even disrespect me with a claim it's not a thing of value. Total garbage.

Like I said in another thread I pointed out that Starr could put a meth head to sleep...

Starr sounds like a smooth, slick rapist.

Do you know when the aid was released?

I believe it was the day after the whistle blower complaint became public knowledge. So the idea that no investigation was needed is kind of absurd on it's face. Trump abused his power in an attempt to bribe a foreign nation with American taxpayer dollars for his own benefit. He stopped when he got caught.

Exactly, he released the aid ONLY after he got caught with his pants down, he had no choice anymore. He abused his power as president for his own personal gain whether the aid was released or not. They all know it, but are trying to dance around the facts.

It's a catch 22. Either not test it or test it and wait for a maybe.

Its worth testing if Trump actually asserts either Executive Privilege or Immunity. He has to this date with regard to Ukraine asserted NEITHER.

There is no recourse in the Courts to a President that unilaterally says NO to witnesses and documents. The only resolution is Impeachment.

The Courts can adjudicate assertions of Executive Privilege or Immunity. But Trump has asserted neither to this date with regard to the Ukraine issue and Impeachment.

Trump team currently focused on the claim that it was corruption and burden sharing that drove the hold on the release of funds that had been approved by Congress and vetted by DOD and that Trump withheld aid to other countries as well.

So we are to believe that with all of the corruption cases that could be investigated in Ukraine that Trump narrowed the focus down to one company and two people, both named Biden. BS

In addition instead of turning our own Investigative and DOJ assets on the issue he turned to drunken Rudy and his goon squad. What was Rudy looking for in the bottom of a bottle?

As to Burden Sharing the EU countries have given more than the US has just not in the category of lethal aid. SO WHAT. The US is the world's largest arms dealer. In what world would the EU determine that it should provide lethal aid when the US was providing lethal aid. in fact for the period when the US was not providing much in the way of lethal aid in what world would the EU and other allies step across that gap and provide it? NONSENSICAL!

Interestingly, Trump authorized lethal aid packages during the terms of the most corrupt of Ukraine administrations and then Drunken Rudy went right to those ousted Ukraine officials in his effort to get dirt on the Bidens.

As for Trump withholding aid to other countries in all cases other than Ukraine, the Trump Administration informed Congress as is its obligation. Only in the case of the Ukraine hold did the Trump Administration not inform the Congress.

Last edited:
Don't you get it?

It doesn't matter because only Trump knows the truth.

It's like Qanon has taken over the republican party .
Of course. It has become the party of nut jobs.

Accountability oversees management. Do you understand that?

The GAO doesn't supervise the Executive Dept.
They issued an opinion based upon a request from Sen Van Hollen.
The OMB disagrees.
People are allowed to disagree; this after all America.
And in the event of a dispute, the law lays out a procedure to resolve it- in involves the Comptroller of the USA

Trump went on offense this afternoon. Went after Bidens AND Obama. Luckily for the Dems the media are covering up....and no one cares or is watching impeachment. Otherwise Biden would be withdrawing from the race tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It continues to be the case that it is illegal to want to blow up a plane.
Its not illegal to withhold aid.

But it is illegal to solicit a thing of value from a foreign nation to help you with your election. Not the first time Trump has done this. Remember Individual 1?

And yes it's illegal if you don't file the appropriate documents and notify congress.

But it is illegal to solicit a thing of value from a foreign nation to help you with your election. Not the first time Trump has done this. Remember Individual 1?

And yes it's illegal if you don't file the appropriate documents and notify congress.

Mrs. Clinton did that , and actually received information in 2016, and nobody batted an eye.
Mr. Obama used the information in court against an American citizen.
Mr. Schiff used it in Congress against the president.
Sorry-- it doesn't only work one way.
It

Not sure to what this refers.

Your idiotic claim. There's no "Comptroller of the USA". There's a Comptroller General, and he's the head of the GAO. So you're spewing bs.

Richard Reid, the Shoe Bomber, could claim the same defense - he never blew up the airplane, so he should go free.

Democrats lied 400 times on the floor of the Senate by repeating false claims that the Bidens had already been cleared of criminal wrongdoing in Ukraine. It turns out, as Trumps lawyers so eloquently pointed out today, that the Bidens had not been investigated and cleared but were in fact guilty of the crimes the democrats in the House are so desperately seeking to cover up.

It continues to be a fact that Ukraine received its aid, and no investigation was required in order for it to happen
That's continues to be the best defense.

Anything else obscures this fact and leaves Trump open to claims such as being reported that Bolton is claiming.

Not much of one.

They got caught. Which is the only way the money ever was going to get out.

Back
Top Bottom