• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lies?

Are Senate & House Republicans complicit for not confronting Trump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lie

Just because you don't like his style doesn't prove he's unfit to hold office.

Obama was equally narcissistic, or was judged to be by some. Should jave been unconstitutionally removed from office?

Trump fits the DSM/Medical definition of narcissistic-personality disorder. Obama.....despite the fact that you simply didn't like him....doesn't. Thats the difference.

Re: Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lie

Incompetency is a legal term as well as a medical one. No state will grant it without an examination from a medical professional who has performed a thorough examination and that includes a face to face examination. You have no damned clue what you are talking about.

Apples grow on trees. Are we done with irrelevant statements now?

I am saying they aren't giving a professional opinion but a political one.

Your opinion on their opinions is entirely political and completely unprofessional, so it has no value.

Denial of reality, cute.

We did warn the Russians. Did you seriously not know that?...

So what? 15% of the entire US population lives in California. BTW Trump was neither leading in the popular vote when the election was called nor did he achieve an "electoral landslide". Pretty much everything in your post here is completely wrong. Doh!

The largest electoral landslide by a Republican in 28 years, that's good enough for me, on a par with Obama's shellacking of Romney
in 2012:

Obama 2012 Electoral 332 States won 26
Trump 2016 Electoral 304 States won 30

1. Well the WALL that Mexico was going to pay for--was never going to happen anyway, and if you claim to be a long term Republican you should have been smart enough to avoid that joker card. Because that's all it was. An attention getter.

I said I wanted the wall. I did not say who should or would pay for it. Please just address what I say and don't add content that is not germane to what I say.

2. Repeal & Replace Obamacare.
Former house speaker John Boehner stated that the repeal/replace rhetoric was nothing more than overly opitimistic happy talk for the last 7 years worth of campaign seasons, citing Republicans never agree on Health Care.

I could care less what John Boehner said. I want to repeal ACA. Do you?

3. Tax reform--there a few Republican senators that will not pass a bill if it increases the Deficit, and that is exactly what this bill does, while cutting billions out of Medicare/Medicade to help pay for it. A middle class tax cut will get the benefit of an extra gallon of milk, while large corporation tax rates will be reduced by 15% down to 20%. Small business in this country are typically Sub-S corporations, they pay the individual rate, not the corporate rate, so they won't get didly squat out of this tax cut. To add insult to injury--while they're spinning this as a middle class tax cut--they hammered 401'K's that Americans save for their retirements. Today working Americans can contribute 18K into a 401K, this GOP tax bill will reduce that to only $2,400 per year. So basically what it turns out to be is a large corporation tax cut, as if Oil, Big Pharma, High Tech and the Auto Industry whom are currently making billions of dollars needed a tax break anyway. They're spinning it as corporations will keep jobs or move back to this country, but Corporations move jobs overseas to get out of paying payroll & payroll taxes here. All this while we're 21 TRILLION in red ink, so much for fiscal conservatism..

You might not like my recommendations for budget cuts, but they would more than pay for any tax cuts.

80% of Evangelicals in this country voted Donald Trump, and certainly someone that Jesus Christ would have never approved of.

I like being part of the 20%. As for the second part of your statement. you do realize that Jesus spent a great deal of time with sinners.

I was a life long Republican, and switched my party status to Independent when Trump became the nominee of the Republican party and followed the adivce of a long time friend and former staffer of RONALD REAGAN. A true Patriot of this country.

I liked Reagan too.

Last edited:

None of that is going to happen. The wall: Mexico has repeatedly stated that they will not pay for a wall. Congress has told Trump they're not going to fund it and for good reason. If Walls and Fences worked there wouldn't be any illegals in this country today. Watch this 3 minute video, at the end it will tell you how much we've already wasted on walls and fences.

You say it won't happen and I say it can happen. If I am correct, 2018 could be a banner year for the GOP. If you are correct and it seems that you want to be correct, liberals will control both houses. Is that what you want?

Last edited:

I was a life long Republican, and switched my party status to Independent when Trump became the nominee of the Republican party and followed the adivce of a long time friend and former staffer of RONALD REAGAN. A true Patriot of this country.

Who did you vote for in the Primary?

So John McCain, G.W. Bush, Bob Corker, and now Jeff Flake are "leftists". Trump's base are just as crazy as he is.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/a-...at-may-be-wrong-with-trump-supporters-brains/

trumpshockreuters.jpg

Where does the Trump base get their information from, that makes them feel they have policially sufficient knowledge to pick candidates and cast votes? From right wing web sites and talk show hosts, that regurgitate information, and then spoon feed it back to them in 3 or more daily hours of right wing hyperbole, half truths, misconceptions, and enough conspiracy theories to fill the capital building from floor to ceiling. Trump is the result of a segment of this society's insistance of living in a right wing media bubble for the last 20 years, and never reading or ever paying attention to other media sources--being brainwashed into believing all other media sources are FAKE.

So when this comes crashing down on your heads & it's going too--you can point your blame fingers here.

conservative-media-cover-edit.png

Reading hasn't killed anyone yet--you might want to try it.
Donald Trump breaks the conservative media - Business Insider
The GOP That Failed - POLITICO Magazine

You were warned about Trump a 1000 times over, and now you OWN it.

Yep those people are all Left of center. RINOs.

Apples grow on trees. Are we done with irrelevant statements now?

Irrelevant only to you since you were arguing the opposite.

Your opinion on their opinions is entirely political and completely unprofessional, so it has no value.

Except I am right and you are wrong, which is why you are running from your first argument above.

We did warn the Russians. Did you seriously not know that?...

Irrelevant to the outcome of relations with them.

The largest electoral landslide by a Republican in 28 years, that's good enough for me, on a par with Obama's shellacking of Romney
in 2012:

Obama 2012 Electoral 332 States won 26
Trump 2016 Electoral 304 States won 30
Obama's race again Romney was much closer than his race against McCain...which truly was a landlside. Trump had no landslide and lost the popular vote. More people voted against Trump than voted for him, so you are truly stretching to refer to anything related to the election of 2016 as a "landslide". Nice try though.

Trump fits the DSM/Medical definition of narcissistic-personality disorder. Obama.....despite the fact that you simply didn't like him....doesn't. Thats the difference.

The question is does the president do a good job at being president... not is he stuck up.

The question is does the president do a good job at being president... not is he stuck up.

What are you talking about? You aren't even on topic. The question is whether Republicans are being complicit by not doing something about a mentally ill narcissist that, as Rex Tillerson put it so eloquently....is a ****ing moron.

Irrelevant only to you since you were arguing the opposite.

No i wasn't. You are very incorrect in your assessment here.

I am not claiming that they have legal grounds to declare incompetence. That is your silly strawman.

Except I am right and you are wrong, which is why you are running from your first argument above.

Completely wrong. Your opinion is irrelevant because it is entirely political and lacks any semblance of professional credibility in their field.

You do not have a right to censor their freedom of speech.

Irrelevant to the outcome of relations with them.

What?

Hey!
Do you have that comment where you posted the video of a guy you thought was Chris Steele who you thought was confirming the dossier, but it wasn't Chris Steele and he was discussing the problems with the dossier?
Do you have that comment?
It was from August.
I ask because I told you at the time you were wrong and how you were wrong.
Then lo and behold you made the same comment with the same mistakes this month.

That kind of thing looks very incriminating, my friend.
I have links to both threads if you need a refresher ... but I'd wager you'd rather not be reminded.

I think you're confused with someone else--I never posted a video over the Dossier file.

Mueller has already interviewed Christopher Steele.
Mueller's team met with Russia dossier author - CNNPolitics

The Senate Intelligence committee interviewed the CEO of Fusion GPS--Glenn Simpson.
WASHINGTON -- The co-founder of a Washington opposition research firm that produced a dossier of salacious allegations involving President Donald Trump spoke behind closed doors to congressional investigators.

Glenn Simpson appeared privately Tuesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee for a transcribed interview, CBS News' John Nolen confirmed.
Simpson runs Fusion GPS, the firm that hired the British intelligence officer who produced the dossier containing allegations of ties between Trump and Russia. Simpson's lawyer, Josh Levy, a partner at Cunningham Levy Muse LLP, said in a statement that Simpson had met with the congressional investigators "voluntarily" for the interview, which lasted a full day.

After the interview, Levy told reporters that Simpson answered "hundreds of questions" and suggested that in only a "minority of questions" that Simpson's answers may not have been complete because of his obligation to protect the confidentiality of his clients.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/16/trump-dossier-fusion-gps-senate-interview-241710

The Senate was thinking about releasing the hearing documents with Glen Simpson, but I imagine Robert Mueller stopped them from doing that, as it would compromise his investigation.
Senate committee to vote on releasing Fusion GPS testimony | TheHill

The history on the Dossier file starts with Republicans who hired GPS Fusion to do opposition research on Trump. They dropped it when Jeb Bush dropped out, Democrats picked it up, then dropped it, and Christopher Steele handed it over to John McCain and he delivered to Obama, and shortly thereafter Obama kicked out all Russian diplomats out of this country.

In September 2015, Fusion GPS was hired to do opposition research for Republicans who opposed Donald Trump's bid during the Republican primary campaign for the 2016 presidential election. When Trump had emerged as the probable Republican candidate by the spring of 2016, Republican donors stopped funding the investigation, and Democratic lawyers of the Clinton Campaign and the DNC became Fusion GPS's new clients.[25][26] In June 2016, after the Democratic National Committee had been hacked and its emails began to be published online by Wikileaks, Fusion GPS retained Christopher Steele, a private British corporate intelligence investigator and former MI-6 agent, to research any Russian connections to Trump. Steele produced a 35-page series of memos from June to December 2016, which became the document known as the Donald Trump–Russia dossier.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusion_GPS

Investigators have verified some of the information in the Dossier file.
US investigators corroborate some aspects of the Russia dossier - CNNPolitics

x_lon_mi6_170113.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Christopher Steele retired M1-6 agent--author of the Trump Dossier file.

Last edited:

You hate President Trump. You would go along with it if someone said he had a dick growing out of his head.

I said I wanted the wall. I did not say who should or would pay for it. Please just address what I say and don't add content that is not germane to what I say.

I could care less what John Boehner said. I want to repeal ACA. Do you?

You might not like my recommendations for budget cuts, but they would more than pay for any tax cuts.

I like being part of the 20%. As for the second part of your statement. you do realize that Jesus spent a great deal of time with sinners.

I liked Reagan too.

I don't care what you want.

What I am saying is you're not going to get a 1000 mile wall--congress is not going to fund it and Mexico is not going to pay for it. Trump campaigning on a 1000 mile wall that Mexico was going to pay for, was about a realistic as Sanders promising a free college education to everyone.
Trump wants a border wall, but few in Congress want to pay for it - LA Times
Trump asking Congress, not Mexico, to pay for border wall - CNNPolitics

I don't care if you want the ACA repealed it's clearly not going to be repealed. If a Republican majority house & Senate along with a Republican President can't get it done, then it's never going to be DONE.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-boehner-says-there-will-be-no-repeal-and-replacement-of-obamacare/

Jesus didn't elect Trump you did. 80% of Evangelicals in this country cast a vote for Trump.

00-matt-wuerker-were-sticking-with-trump-2016.jpg

And you knew about this when you voted for him.

We don't elect Kings or Dictators in this country. And the next time some con man A-hole is campaigning on things that are completely contrary to Republican political ideology--like tariffs--you might want to consider how realistic their campaign promises really are, or don't vote. You were taken in by a T.V reality star con man.

Last edited:

I think you're confused with someone else--I never posted a video over the Dossier file.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...p-dossier-author-real-life-james-bond-n706376

x_lon_mi6_170113.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

( I had to leave some baloney out because you do go on and on and there's a character limit.)

No? You haven't posted such a video?
Yes you have ... twice before.
Now 3 times. And It's still wrong.
Here's the start of the one from August 25 ... it had the same mistakes you keep making.

If you haven't heard yet--the Trump dossier file has sprung back to life. The CEO of Fusion GPS handed over 40,000 documents to the Senate Intelligence committee and they had a hearing with the CEO that lasted for 10 hours. ...

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...judiciary-could-published.html?highlight=oreo

And my REPLYs to you then ...

A few things ...
1) who the hell is that in the picture? It ain't Steele, it ain't Jeb, it ain't Obama, and I don't think it's Maddow on her worst day. Is it Oreo?
2) "hired by Jeb Bush"? I understand that it may have been someone who contributed to the Republican Party (could have been to Jeb Bush) but who also may have been a Democrat Party contributor. Somehow that became "hired by Jeb Bush". Steele was paid by Fusion who was paid by a Hillary backer.
3) Like with any good smear effort, you have to sprinkle some truth to lend an air of legitimacy. Steele has repeatedly said the juicy dossier stuff remains unverified. That's still the case.
We already know that several dossier claims have been shown to be false. What exactly has been corroborated?
4) "alarmed at what he found"? More like "alarmed at what he was fed" by various Russian agents. Sounds like Democrat - Russian collusion.

No ... THIS is Christopher Steele ...
britain.jpg
You got the picture wrong.
The killer part is that the video in your own link clearly said the guy in your picture is historian (Nigel Bruce) and he was calling attention to the problems with the dossier.
That alone looks very bad for you.
But trying to feed the rest of that other half-year old spoiled baloney to the crowd here will make remembering your screen name mandatory for the future.

IOW, your post was BS start to finish ... and now you've run off.

And there's another one from early October with the same mistakes.
And btw, that's still not Christopher Steele.

No i wasn't. You are very incorrect in your assessment here.

I am not claiming that they have legal grounds to declare incompetence. That is your silly strawman.

What exactly do you think declaring the President incompetent is going to be? Its a legal issue as much as anything else. Incompetence is a legal term that doctors have to meet with state required factors in the diagnosis. That's why your evidence is sheer quackery.

Completely wrong. Your opinion is irrelevant because it is entirely political and lacks any semblance of professional credibility in their field.

Any doctor that thinks they can make a diagnosis with an examination is not professional.

You do not have a right to censor their freedom of speech.

What?

I am not censoring anything, I am questioning the value of their words.

I don't care what you want.

What I am saying is you're not going to get a 1000 mile wall--congress is not going to fund it and Mexico is not going to pay for it. Trump campaigning on a 1000 mile wall that Mexico was going to pay for, was about a realistic as Sanders promising a free college education to everyone.

I don't care if you want the ACA repealed it's clearly not going to be repealed. If a Republican majority house & Senate along with a Republican President can't get it done, then it's never going to be DONE.

Jesus didn't elect Trump you did. 80% of Evangelicals in this country cast a vote for Trump.

And you knew about this when you voted for him..

Not one of these things you have said are necessarily true. They may be what you want, but that doesn't make them true.

As for my voting, you have assumed what in fact is false. I did not vote for Trump. I believe I told everyone that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post

"I was a life long Republican, and switched my party status to Independent when Trump became the nominee of the Republican party and followed the adivce of a long time friend and former staffer of RONALD REAGAN. A true Patriot of this country."

Who did you vote for in the Primary?

Would you care to answer?

( I had to leave some baloney out because you do go on and on and there's a character limit.)

No? You haven't posted such a video?
Yes you have ... twice before.
Now 3 times. And It's still wrong.
Here's the start of the one from August 25 ... it had the same mistakes you keep making.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...judiciary-could-published.html?highlight=oreo

And my REPLYs to you then ...

And there's another one from early October with the same mistakes.
And btw, that's still not Christopher Steele.

Look I know you're a Trump supporter and a little anxious about what is going on, and I have given you plenty of verifiable--credible links along with FOX News video's to everything. It's not just the Dossier file that this Russian investigation is about, it's everything that is on page 15 post # 145 of this thread, of which the Dossier file is not even mentioned. So I assume, you're trying to chip away at the Dossier file, to support a claim that everything else is FAKE news about the Russian investigation when it's not.

The Dossier file is something we know little about, other than investigators have verified some of it. Christopher Steele was interviewed by Robert Mueller, and the CEO of Fusion GPS met with the Senate Intelligence committee. We don't know what questions were answered, what they learned--they haven't released anything.
US investigators corroborate some aspects of the Russia dossier - CNNPolitics

Yes, I will give a complete history of what I know about the Dossier file (with credible links) so that others on this board know what in the heck it is. I am not into 1 liners, yes & no answers--without links, video's and information to explain what is going on.

Last edited:

It looks like the ayes have it. The GOP lawmakers are a bunch of spineless jellyfish.

I loved him as a Senator. A truly principled conservative.

Here is former Senator Tom Coburn on the issues and President Trump from May 31, 2017.

https://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/102362792/former-senator-tom-coburn-on-trump-health-care-waste-in-government/

Also, of interest, here is what Coburn said about Trump in July 19, 2016:

Ex-Sen. Coburn: I won?t challenge Trump, I?ll vote for him | TheHill

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post

"I was a life long Republican, and switched my party status to Independent when Trump became the nominee of the Republican party and followed the adivce of a long time friend and former staffer of RONALD REAGAN. A true Patriot of this country."

Would you care to answer?

John Kasich--who didn't get any attention during the debates what-so-ever.

Trump is the accidental nominee. Through a series of comical RNC errors he became the nominee. The RNC agreeing to use polling data and against the advice of the pollsters themselves to set up two debate stages. Trump with 100% name recognition kept him front and center throughout the debates. An unprecedented 17 GOP candidates--meant votes and donations pools were being split everywhere. 54% of the Republican party cast votes for other candidates.

Why 17 GOP candidates, a few of them repeat offenders? They were auditioning for the next FOX NEWS program.
Fox News Hurts Conservative Movement | National Review
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/polls-2016-gop-accuracy-214373

Trump getting an unprecedented 2 BILLION in free news coverage. Mainly from FOX News who basically ignored all other GOP candidates.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/16/...mps-mammoth-advantage-in-free-media.html?_r=0

Add to this that right wing web sites & right wing talk show hosts threw their fiscal conservative values in the toilet to support a non Republican--non Conservative candidate in Trump and it went downhill fast. All for nothing more than ratings and those obscene profit breaks.
Donald Trump breaks the conservative media - Business Insider

It is not entirely true that Trump engineered a “hostile takeover” of the GOP, provided that the party is defined more broadly than elected officials and party insiders. As Conor Friedersdorf wrote last year in the Atlantic: “the elements of the party that sent pro-Trump cues or 'Trump is at least acceptable’ signals to primary voters—Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Michael Savage, Bill O'reilly, Rick Scott, Jan Brewer, Joe Arpaio, Sarah Palin, Jeff Sessions, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Breitbart.com, The Drudge Report, The New York Post, are simply more powerful, relative to National Review, Mitt Romney, John McCain, and other ‘Trump is unacceptable’ forces, than previously thought.”
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/10/the-gop-that-failed-215243

I really don't see how the Republican party comes back from this. Steve Bannon Brietbart news is threatening to primary GOP Senators and all that's going to do is drive moderates within the party to the other side of the isle. As Jeff Flake stated in the video, the Republican party will turn into a minority party--basically a 3rd party entity on the ballot, if they keep moving to the extreme right.

Last edited:

John Kasich--who didn't get any attention during the debates what-so-ever.

A very decent person. I even own one of his books. I voted for Cruz.

A very decent person. I even own one of his books. I voted for Cruz.

Yes a lot of Republicans were looking at Ted Cruz. My concerns with him were that I knew him being born in Canada would have been played out to eternity, especially after Obama's birth certificate was an issue for a long time. I really don't go for GOP candidates that campaign on social issues, as I am a fiscal conservative, and prefer that candidates focus on on government issues they can do something about and not wander off into U.S. Supreme court already settled issues, that they won't be able to do anything about.

I like candidates that are totally honest, campaign on things that are realistic--and John Kasich was that person to me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom