• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lies?

Are Senate & House Republicans complicit for not confronting Trump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oreo

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lies?

I think this is a very good question. Watch the entire 17 minute video FIRST--then comment and cast your vote. Are Senate & House Republicans complicit for not confronting Trump on his behavior and Lies?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent Responsibility to remove a sitting President who is regarded by many to be mentally unfit to hold this office?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent responsibility to remove a President who is incapable of rising to the level of dignity & grace of the Presidency?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent responsibility to remove a President who is not qualified nor competent to hold this office?

I think yes they do--which makes them "complicit."

Re: Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lie

I'm not going to watch the video. Jeff Flake is not a hero. Yes, Republicans should've stood up to Trump from the start. It was far too easy for Trump to get everyone to fall in line. In fact, he didn't even really have to try.

Re: Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lie

The majority of Republicans have no spine and have mortgaged their integrity. I know that the majority of them agree with Rex Tillerson, that Trump is a ****ing moron....but they are waaaaay too complicit in their actions. I hope Trump drags them all down with him.

If the results of next years elections are bad for the GOP then they'll confront Trump..

Party before country is the GOP's motto.

I hope Trump drags them all down with him.

That COULD happen if Dems get their **** together. Trump is a gold mine for attack ads, but dems need to focus on plans and ideas, then get that vision out to folks to see. The Dems should learn from 2004 that attack ads alone are not going to win an election. Dems need to win big in 2018 but right now I just don't see it happening.

I think this is a very good question. Watch the entire 17 minute video FIRST--then comment and cast your vote. Are Senate & House Republicans complicit for not confronting Trump on his behavior and Lies?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent Responsibility to remove a sitting President who is regarded by many to be mentally unfit to hold this office?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent responsibility to remove a President who is incapable of rising to the level of dignity & grace of the Presidency?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent responsibility to remove a President who is not qualified nor competent to hold this office?

No. And I don't think Flake would agree with you. I'd argue maybe they should confront Trump more when he's wrong, but it's not their duty to remove him for any of those reasons. "Regarded by many to be mentally unfit" is an especially poor reason to remove someone.

Congressional Republicans have been weakening, ignoring, or expunging ethical norms and benchmarks since the first day of the new session in early January...

Outcry after Republicans vote to dismantle independent ethics body

No. And I don't think Flake would agree with you. I'd argue maybe they should confront Trump more when he's wrong, but it's not their duty to remove him for any of those reasons. "Regarded by many to be mentally unfit" is an especially poor reason to remove someone.

If its not the job of Congress...then who's job is it? I'm perplexed as to why you believe that being mentally unfit is not a good reason to remove someone from office. Care to explain your reasoning?

I don't think any of them want to follow that loser Flake with his 18% approval rating in Arizona who rather
quit the senate than be unceremoniously dumped. The only ones who are claiming Flake is courageous are
the anchors on CNN who despise Trump. I watched Don Lemon last night and he was acting terribly serious
about how important this speech of Flakes was. If Lemon, probably the dumbest of all the CNN anchors, and
that's saying something, could put up a monument to Flake for his 'courage' Lemon would. He is Lemon's
typeof guy!!!! That was one funny show.

Trump has just put another notch in his gun, draining the swamp but on the other hand CNN has finally found their
useless open borders golden boy

If its not the job of Congress...then who's job is it? I'm perplexed as to why you believe that being mentally unfit is not a good reason to remove someone from office. Care to explain your reasoning?

Not what I said. I said it's a bad idea to have it based on "many believe" that he's mentally unfit for office.

Not what I said. I said it's a bad idea to have it based on "many believe" that he's mentally unfit for office.

Assuming that he was proven mentallly unfit. Do you still believe its not the job of Congress to remove him?

Assuming that he was proven mentallly unfit. Do you still believe its not the job of Congress to remove him?

In a hypothetical scenario where it is proven then yeah I'd be fine with it. It may be more constitutionally based in the hands of the cabinet under the 25th Amendment than Congress who remove through impeachment for "High Crimes and Misdemeanors." But even some of the Founders contemplated mental unfitness for the phrase, and it probably should be anyway.

Complicit is a harsh word because it not only involves being a part of a wrong doing, but a criminal activity.

But there is absolute truth that Trump is encouraged by the conservative base for his wrong behavior.

- As Trump got nastier last year, even denigrating the military and females, conservatives, who prided themselves as the only ones who really "supported the troop" under Bush and have mothers, wives, and daughters, cheered even louder.
- When religious extremists and supremacists publicly cheered for Trump last year, conservatives everywhere merely shrugged at their fellow believers.
- Every time Trump tweets yet another unprofessional or unstatesman-like off-the-cuff comment, the conservative base applauds.
- And even now, when even Fox news has become a part of Trump's fake news, the conservatives rush to defend everything he does (and does not do).

I believe the right is having an identity crisis and it stems from being told to loath absolutely everything under the Obama administration. ALong comes a man who decides to personify all that misplaced hate and he became a conservative god. It got to the point where even the GOP was publicly begging its constituents to not vote for Trump, who embraced every bumper sticker slogan of hate that the GOP and Fox news endorsed for eight years. It was like the mindless riot won, and now that they have separated into individuals they don't know how to behave or what they even believe in anymore. Bitterness has set in and it almost looks like self-flagellation disguised as righteousness.

Last edited:

That COULD happen if Dems get their **** together. Trump is a gold mine for attack ads, but dems need to focus on plans and ideas, then get that vision out to folks to see. The Dems should learn from 2004 that attack ads alone are not going to win an election. Dems need to win big in 2018 but right now I just don't see it happening.

The problem is that the first step in getting the act together is finding someone who the public believes is superior to Trump. I've not seen a liberal who can make that claim, and as long as the focus is Trump bad, there will be now drive to find Democrat good.

The attack ads in '04 paled in relation to the ads in '16. Who in their right minds would believe that calling those who you needed deplorable was a good idea?

The American voters elected him eyes wide open. So complaining about him is hypocritical. In this guy‘s case it seems more a problem of losing his job than anything else.

The problem is that the first step in getting the act together is finding someone who the public believes is superior to Trump. I've not seen a liberal who can make that claim, and as long as the focus is Trump bad, there will be now drive to find Democrat good.

The attack ads in '04 paled in relation to the ads in '16. Who in their right minds would believe that calling those who you needed deplorable was a good idea?

The people Clinton referred to as “deplorable” (about half of Trump’s support base) wouldn’t have voted for her in a million years anyway.

Not unless there is an impeachable cause. Nobody has made that case in any way even in sight of believability. And considering the numbers and power of people that want him out this lack of evidence speaks strongly for there not being any.

The American voters elected him eyes wide open. So complaining about him is hypocritical. In this guy‘s case it seems more a problem of losing his job than anything else.

What? Less than half of the voters pulled the lever for Trump. I certainly didn’t, so no, it’s not “hypocritical” for me to point out what a boob the guy is.

Congressional Republicans have been weakening, ignoring, or expunging ethical norms and benchmarks since the first day of the new session in early January...

Outcry after Republicans vote to dismantle independent ethics body

I'd say it all began in 2007. Forcing McCain to accept Palin as a running mate just to try to counter the "first black man" threat was the beginning of this. After "America's sweetheart" helped McCain lose, the GOP began whipping its constituency into a furious hate for everything and anything Obama. After Romney lost, the GOP doubled down the rhetoric. The result was that they lost their constituency, as they begged it not to vote for Trump, a man who ran on an anti-lib and us-versus-them platform. And today the GOP has no idea what to do about anything. The GOP is as fractured and confused about itself as the conservative base is.

Last edited:

Have you ever had anything to do with a case of proving mental unfitness in court? The man has a lawyer. Forget it. As a matter of fact, the attempt would do even more damage than the irrational media hysteria already has.

Funny thing we never heard Flake rail about Obama and the massive damage he did to our country.
Flake has been a never Trumper from day one. He attacked Trump anytime he could to include in his book.
Now all of a sudden he decides to act the fool on the Senate floor because he is not going to run for reelection.
Wonder why? Because his rhino rear end would get beat really bad if he did try to get reelected. There is no
principled stance here. Once again we see the left in a love fest with Flake because he attacked President Trump.

Even old former Democratic California Sen. Barbara Boxer called it “brave, strong, courageous.”. What a damn hoot!
The left could not give a flying fig about Flake until he is a useful idiot for them.

A couple tweets from Ben Shapiro.

Flake blaming his fall on Trump and the supposed inability of the base to support good people is disingenuous and cynical. (/1)

— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) October 24, 2017

Blaming Trump and Trump voters is a way of playing hero while quitting because he was going to lose. (3/)

— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) October 24, 2017

If he was proven to be mentally unfit by a consensus of unbiased experts, then I suppose it would behoove Congress to remove him. However, right now "mentally unfit" translates into "I don't like him," and it's highly unlikely that you'll find a consensus of unbiased experts to declare him unfit, which would involve extensive tests and examinations.

Not unless there is an impeachable cause. Nobody has made that case in any way even in sight of believability. And considering the numbers and power of people that want him out this lack of evidence speaks strongly for there not being any.

LOL......even the national security advisor can see that this man is a ****ing moron. I think its pretty evident to all of those who work closely with this buffoon.

Have you ever had anything to do with a case of proving mental unfitness in court? The man has a lawyer. Forget it. As a matter of fact, the attempt would do even more damage than the irrational media hysteria already has.

All the time. A large percentage of the people that I deal with every day in court have mental illness.

If he was proven to be mentally unfit by a consensus of unbiased experts, then I suppose it would behoove Congress to remove him. However, right now "mentally unfit" translates into "I don't like him," and it's highly unlikely that you'll find a consensus of unbiased experts to declare him unfit, which would involve extensive tests and examinations.

Its not just an "I don't like him".....those who work closely with him have commented about his mental illness and our national security advisor referred to him as a ****ing moron. Its pretty clear to everyone around him that the man is mentally unstable.

Back
Top Bottom