• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lies?

Are Senate & House Republicans complicit for not confronting Trump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lie

Considering Trump has his hands on the nuclear codes and can plummet the world into oblivion in minutes, so say "that's all" to the charge of Trump being mentally unstable may be the biggest misrepresentation of the year.

You say that now, but how quickly you forget Hillary's jingoist attitude against both Russia and China. Count your lucky stars, my friend. It could be much worse.

Re: Are Republicans "complicit" as Jeff Flake stated for not confronting Trump on his behavior & lie

You do not know what mob rule is do you?
Based on your claim, when every governor in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every US Representative in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every US Senator in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every Mayor in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every State Representative in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every State Senator in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.

Read my post 54 with the words of Alexander Hamilton explain to the nation in Federalist 68 how the EC is there to give special people the power to thwart the will of the people and protect it from foreign powers placing their puppets in the office. Its all there for you.

I know exactly what mob rule is -- you don't seem to. Electing those lesser politicians is fine because they govern small regions, which is the way it was designed. That is not true for the President, who governs a much larger geographical area.

Truly, count your blessings. The EC protects you.

Yes they do have the authority under the 25th amendment, to remove Trump from office.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/25th-amendment-could-declare-trump-163732166.html

It would require a simple majority (218) in the house, and a 2/3's majority or 67 votes in the Senate to remove Trump from office.
https://www.reference.com/governmen...t-668fabbe9a3b6c64?qo=contentSimilarQuestions

They also have the Emoluments clause in the Constitution. Which Democrats may use when they take over in 2018 to impeach Trump--"should" Democrats not want to go along with the current setup that Republicans agreed too.
https://www.brookings.edu/research/...xt-meaning-and-application-to-donald-j-trump/

Only if he's unable to execute his duties. Not because they don't like what he's doing.

If Hamilton did put electors in place 'to thwart the will of the people and allow a special elite to elect the President' it backfired!
The elites of the two coasts were sent packing finally. BTW California provided the entire 4 million vote plurality Clinton received.

Califirnia was singularly responsibe for her popular vote margin.
When the call was made even by CNN that Trump would be the next president he was leading in the popular vote
along with his electoral landslide. California is planning a Calexit vote in 2019 saying "In our view, the United States
of America represents so many things that conflict with Californian values”

Thank goodness people with California values didn't decide the election.

Apparently you did NOT read Hamilton. If you want to discuss his writings, it would be nice if you did so.

Actually the extra 2.8 million votes Clinton had more than Trump came from all fifty states.

Why are you so bigoted against the state of California?

Look who cant use Google!

That would be you since you were challenged to support your own claims and cannot do so.

You say that now, but how quickly you forget Hillary's jingoist attitude against both Russia and China. Count your lucky stars, my friend. It could be much worse.

I will deal with the reality in front of me thank you.

I know exactly what mob rule is -- you don't seem to. Electing those lesser politicians is fine because they govern small regions, which is the way it was designed. That is not true for the President, who governs a much larger geographical area.

Truly, count your blessings. The EC protects you.

So then tell us what MOB RULE is. You tell us that if we elected the President by popular vote, it would be akin to MOB RULE.

Based on your claim, when every governor in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every US Representative in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every US Senator in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every Mayor in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every State Representative in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.
Based on your claim, when every State Senator in America is elected, that is mob rule in action.

So tell us, what do you think MOB RULE is exactly?

Well since this is a nonsensical thread about nonsensical scumbags might as well put this out there for public consumption....

IL State Leg
US Senator from IL
President of the the United States

Barack Obama

admitted to doing coke.

In IL admitting that you had done cocaine 1 time. ONE, UNO....the State classifies you as an Addict.

So when Pookie was POTUS the Unthinking Left thought he was the greatest thing since purple drank. He could lie, manipulate, BS, and talk out of both sides of his dope fiendishly scrawny ass... Gobble Gobble Gobble.....like a fat man at a buffet the Unthinking Left ate it up. Any who'd disagree with a jot or a tittle was castigated a racist.

Now, we got a POTUS who just says no to drugs. He exaggerates, he hyperbolizes, and has a habit of speaking off the cuff... Do I or most of the people with their heads not up their asses take what he says at face value? No. But those who oppose him -- the Unthinking Left, the supposed Right, Dems, Cons, the Press all be like

"That boy be CRAAAAAAZY!!!!
HE's unfit! He's mentally deranged!"

As if the BS they've been passing off for the last 10 years and much longer, you know, the justifying and encouraging the murdering of their own unborn children, the hijacking of a term equivocating the union between a man and a woman for two people of the same sex playing house, and the real pisser, the attempt to demand all of us by force of law accept their mental disorder that makes them think that they're a woman when they have a schmeckel or a man when they've got a va jay jay... because all of that crazy **** is sane....yeah, OK, sure! :thumbs:

:roll:

I have metered internet so I don't watch internet videos. But I find it embarrassing that a politician needs to lecture the nation as he walks out the door. Drain the swamp.

No. And I don't think Flake would agree with you. I'd argue maybe they should confront Trump more when he's wrong, but it's not their duty to remove him for any of those reasons. "Regarded by many to be mentally unfit" is an especially poor reason to remove someone.

I don't know......Leftists [in both parties] seem to have cornered the market on "mentally unfit". ;)

I have metered internet so I don't watch internet videos. But I find it embarrassing that a politician needs to lecture the nation as he walks out the door. Drain the swamp.

It's happening. Looks like about 5 swamp dwellers are removing themselves without the voters having to do it.

I don't know......Leftists [in both parties] seem to have cornered the market on "mentally unfit". ;)

Is was not a libral that ripped off disabled Vets, that would be Trump U. Ya the man is unfit to be CIC.

I think this is a very good question. Watch the entire 17 minute video FIRST--then comment and cast your vote. Are Senate & House Republicans complicit for not confronting Trump on his behavior and Lies?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent Responsibility to remove a sitting President who is regarded by many to be mentally unfit to hold this office?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent responsibility to remove a President who is incapable of rising to the level of dignity & grace of the Presidency?

Don't Senate & House Republicans have an inherent responsibility to remove a President who is not qualified nor competent to hold this office?

I think yes they do--which makes them "complicit."

Surprise. Surprise. A bunch of lefties voted yes in a lefty thread.

Only if he's unable to execute his duties. Not because they don't like what he's doing.

Trump has always been mentally UNFIT to hold this office. It's very clear through his tweet rampages that there is something wrong with him, and here is the article. This article was written during the campaign season, long before you cast a vote.

According to a number of top U.S. psychologists, like Harvard professor and researcher Howard Gardner, Donald Trump is a “textbook” narcissist. In fact, he fits the profile so well that clinical psychologist George Simon told Vanity Fair, “He’s so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops.

What is it exactly that makes someone a certifiable narcissist and not simply a person who has a healthy amount of confidence and a burning desire to achieve great goals? According to the Mayo Clinic, narcissistic personality disorder is “a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others.”

But a lack of empathy is just one part of narcissistic personality disorder. Just beneath the surface layer of overwhelming arrogance lies a delicate self-esteem that is easily injured by any form of criticism. We have all seen Trump unjustifiably lash out at a number of people with harsh and often extremely odd personal attacks. When he thought he had been treated unfairly by Fox News host and Republican debate moderator Megyn Kelly, he responded by calling her a “bimbo” and later saying that she had “blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.” In response to the strange, misogynistic comments Kelly said that she “may have overestimated his anger management skills.” If the news host would have pegged him as a bona fide narcissist from the beginning she might have expected such shamelessly flagrant behavior.
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/a-...rder-that-makes-him-a-dangerous-world-leader/

A Narcissist as a world leader is extremely dangerous. You can read the entire linked article to see how. This is why Bob Corker has called this administration a day care center. They have several people, like General Kelly, now installed as Chief of Staff there to babysit Trump, and it's clear now that no one can control him. Bob Corker, as Senate Foreign relations chairman, stated that he has had people in the administration call him, to immediately intervene on Trump's decisions.
Bob Corker just told the world what he really thinks of Donald Trump - CNNPolitics

So Trump is not only mentally ill, he's incompetent and unqualified to hold this office.

Last edited:

Surprise. Surprise. A bunch of lefties voted yes in a lefty thread.

I think you'll find that most of us on here are Republicans. I was a life long Republican and switched my party status to independent as soon as this Ass Clown became the poster boy of the Republican party, and then followed the advice of a long time friend and former staffer of RONALD REAGAN.

With Steve Bannon--Brietbart news threatening to install his own candidates--aka right wing nut cases--you can bet there will be more moderates leaving this party, and as Jeff Flake stated in the video--the Republican party will be reduced to a political spec on the map.

Trump has always been mentally UNFIT to hold this office. It's very clear through his tweet rampages that there is something wrong with him, and here is the article. This article was written during the campaign season, long before you cast a vote.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/a-...rder-that-makes-him-a-dangerous-world-leader/

A Narcissist as a world leader is extremely dangerous. You can read the entire linked article to see how. This is why Bob Corker has called this administration a day care center. They have several people, like General Kelly, now installed as Chief of Staff there to babysit Trump, and it's clear now that no one can control him. Bob Corker, as Senate Foreign relations chairman, stated that he has had people in the administration call him, to immediately intervene on Trump's decisions.
Bob Corker just told the world what he really thinks of Donald Trump - CNNPolitics

So Trump is not only mentally ill, he's incompetent and unqualified to hold this office.

Just because you don't like his style doesn't prove he's unfit to hold office.

Obama was equally narcissistic, or was judged to be by some. Should jave been unconstitutionally removed from office?

NAt, Nuclear Apocalyptic trump, is in control of our Nation's Secrets ...

So John McCain, G.W. Bush, Bob Corker, and now Jeff Flake are "leftists". Trump's base are just as crazy as he is.

There’s no doubt that Donald Trump has said many things that would have been political suicide for any other Republican candidate. And almost every time he made one of these shocking statements, political analysts on both the left and the right predicted that he’d lose supporters because of it. But as we have clearly seen over the past year, they were dead wrong every time. Trump appears to be almost totally bulletproof.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect:
Some believe that many of those who support Donald Trump do so because of ignorance — basically they are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

The seemingly obvious solution would be to try to reach those people through political ads, expert opinions, and logical arguments that educate with facts. Except none of those things seem to be swaying any Trump supporters from his side, despite great efforts to deliver this information to them directly.

The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed. This creates a double burden. “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” Essentially, they’re not smart enough to realize they’re dumb. Out of immense frustration, some of us may feel the urge to shake a Trump supporter and say, “Hey! Don’t you realize that he’s an idiot?!” No. They don’t.
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/a-...at-may-be-wrong-with-trump-supporters-brains/

trumpshockreuters.jpg

Where does the Trump base get their information from, that makes them feel they have policially sufficient knowledge to pick candidates and cast votes? From right wing web sites and talk show hosts, that regurgitate information, and then spoon feed it back to them in 3 or more daily hours of right wing hyperbole, half truths, misconceptions, and enough conspiracy theories to fill the capital building from floor to ceiling. Trump is the result of a segment of this society's insistance of living in a right wing media bubble for the last 20 years, and never reading or ever paying attention to other media sources--being brainwashed into believing all other media sources are FAKE.

So when this comes crashing down on your heads & it's going too--you can point your blame fingers here.

conservative-media-cover-edit.png

Reading hasn't killed anyone yet--you might want to try it.
Donald Trump breaks the conservative media - Business Insider
The GOP That Failed - POLITICO Magazine

You were warned about Trump a 1000 times over, and now you OWN it.

Last edited:

They are many more Senate Republicans that feel the same way about Trump, but are afraid to address it, because it piss's off their 30% right wing base.

Republicans have two options:
1. Remove Trump from office asap or
2. Burn the entire party down in 2018--2020 & beyond.

If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi and endless talks about emails, it's not hard to imagine what Democrats will do with Treason, Obstruction & Lies when they take over in 2018.

Oh, if the Dems get control of the house and senate, the GOP is screwed royally. Trump will probably find a way to get rid of Mueller before it happens though.

Oh, if the Dems get control of the house and senate, the GOP is screwed royally. Trump will probably find a way to get rid of Mueller before it happens though.

The Republican party might as well put itself on an endangered species list at this time.

If Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi, and endless talks of emails, it's not hard to imagine what Democrats will do with Treason, Obstruction & lies when they take over in 2018.

What Trump & team never realised is that they were being watched & monitored since 2015--by several different foreign intelligence sources.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trump-team-links-russia

Which is why Trump Jr. couldn't pull off a secret Russian meeting in the Trump tower in June of 2016.

Which is why Shep Smith knew in Feb.2017, that Trump surrogates were not only on the phone with the Russian ambassador but with Russian intelligence agents, including the day that Russians hacked into DNC databases.
https://youtu.be/-TfqTHlMszA

While Trump and his aids denied any contact with Russians during the campaign season 17 TIMES.
Kushner contradicts Trump team's denials of Russia contacts - CNNPolitics

Mueller has convened two grand jury's, loaded up on more than 16 criminal prosecutors, money laundering experts, the criminal division of the IRS has jumped in, and Trump is under investigation for Obstruction of Justice.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/specia...er-using-grand-jury-in-widening-russia-probe/
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...eller-s-dream-team-for-the-trump-russia-probe
https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthon...mp-russia-investigation-the-irs/#1cd3d84a75ac
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-how-did-we-get-here/?utm_term=.780fb94971f6

It didn't help Trump's case when he got on an NBC interview with Lestor Holt and admit he fired Comey over the Russian investigation.

Trump was planning on building a Trump tower in MOSCOW while he was running for POTUS.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b4e4bb76a3a_story.html?utm_term=.6120a5e64179

For older news on these investigations and others involved--you can go to this link (ignore the error message)
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-evidence-against-trump.604296/

I expect that Paul Manafort & Michael Flynn to be indicted fairly soon.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/mueller-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

For the daily news on these investigations they'll have to turn the channel over to their NEMISIS MSNBC--Rachel Maddow who is reporting every detail, which is why her ratings have soared past FOX NEWS & CNN.
http://conservativefiringline.com/maddow-fox-news-cnn-gaining/

Apparently you did NOT read Hamilton. If you want to discuss his writings, it would be nice if you did so.

Actually the extra 2.8 million votes Clinton had more than Trump came from all fifty states.

Why are you so bigoted against the state of California?

Let's go to California where Clinton got all the votes she needs for a plurality:
Clinton 8,753,798
Trump 4,483,810

So Clinton won the plurality one state California by 4,270,000 votes
While Trump won the plurality in the other 49 states by over 1,500,000 votes

Look it up. The Democrats received 5 million more votes in in 2016 than they did in 1980
while the Republicans received the same amount no increase since 1980, I wonder
why. In bizarroville California where people with driver liscenses become voter
eligible could it be that of those 5 million more DEM votes over 1/3 may be from the
huge waves of illegals since 1980 who are sheltered in this odd sanctuary state.

Finally.
A thread for a gaggle of Liberals to gather, vent, offer encouragement, and commiserate with each other ... and it wasn't started by Calamity.
But I hope Clam's okay.

The Republican party might as well put itself on an endangered species list at this time.

Hey!
Do you have that comment where you posted the video of a guy you thought was Chris Steele who you thought was confirming the dossier, but it wasn't Chris Steele and he was discussing the problems with the dossier?
Do you have that comment?
It was from August.
I ask because I told you at the time you were wrong and how you were wrong.
Then lo and behold you made the same comment with the same mistakes this month.

That kind of thing looks very incriminating, my friend.
I have links to both threads if you need a refresher ... but I'd wager you'd rather not be reminded.

Let's go to California where Clinton got all the votes she needs for a plurality:
Clinton 8,753,798
Trump 4,483,810

So Clinton won the plurality one state California by 4,270,000 votes
While Trump won the plurality in the other 49 states by over 1,500,000 votes

Look it up. The Democrats received 5 million more votes in in 2016 than they did in 1980
while the Republicans received the same amount no increase since 1980, I wonder
why. In bizarroville California where people with driver liscenses become voter
eligible could it be that of those 5 million more DEM votes over 1/3 may be from the
huge waves of illegals since 1980 who are sheltered in this odd sanctuary state.

Those California votes were counted between the 20 and 30 million mark for Clinton. They were not responsible for the 2.8 million more that she garnered than Trump.

If Hamilton did put electors in place 'to thwart the will of the people and allow a special elite to elect the President' it backfired!
The elites of the two coasts were sent packing finally. BTW California provided the entire 4 million vote plurality Clinton received.

Califirnia was singularly responsibe for her popular vote margin.
When the call was made even by CNN that Trump would be the next president he was leading in the popular vote
along with his electoral landslide. California is planning a Calexit vote in 2019 saying "In our view, the United States
of America represents so many things that conflict with Californian values”

Thank goodness people with California values didn't decide the election.

So what? 15% of the entire US population lives in California. BTW Trump was neither leading in the popular vote when the election was called nor did he achieve an "electoral landslide". Pretty much everything in your post here is completely wrong. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom