• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are Gun banners anti woman?

that is dishonest. and you know it

try actually answering the question/

No it's an honest answer.

A law banning semi-auto rifles (if you could actually define what that is) will affect the people who have those rifles and indirectly their potential victims

Preventing self defense with mechanical assistance disproportionately affects women. It's sexist in the same sense that some policies disproportionately affecting racial minorities are racist. It's not a conscious objective, it's an unintended result in general; though, there are people that support policies with disproportionate impact for that disproportionate impact. Those people are bigots but the average person ignoring disproportionate impact is just ignoring it.

Last edited:
I am not disputing that an AR-15 is a suitable weapon for women due to its light weight and customizable size. That does not however make it an ideal weapon for a home defense, a task that an AR-15 is simply not designed to perform. A shotgun is superior in every regard.

Except for the recoil aspect. And the lack of range. There is the problem..many folks don't understand what home defense is. Not every female lives in the suburbs... my wife and I live in a rural area where she may have to contend with wolves and coyotes..and two legged varmints.. around our ranch. our home.

Yes I do because there's also a preferred choice of mass shooters

Again.. that's not true. But so what if it was...

Logically does that mean we should ban pressure cookers? Since pressure cookers have been used to make bombs?

So.. you believe folks planning a mass shooting.. are going to turn in their AR 15's?

REALLY?

All the people planning crimes or currently living 'the criminal lifestyle' will turn in their guns.

Dontcha know?

So.. you believe folks planning a mass shooting.. are going to turn in their AR 15's?

REALLY?

No, but those who in the future will commit a mass shooting but haven't thought about it might ?

So yes, really.

How will outlawing private gun ownership fail ?

Sounds like excuse #3 to me.

Because only outlaws will have guns. Law abiding people won't be able to defend themselves. Look at any area wirh highly restrictive gun control. In every one, the crime rate is higher.

Well, I like my M&P15-22. I'm supposed to be going shooting with my dad once Thanksgiving break rolls around. :cool:

did you check it-there was a recall. Smith sent a small tool out that you put in the bolt face to ascertain if your rifle is in proper specs

did you check it-there was a recall. Smith sent a small tool out that you put in the bolt face to ascertain if your rifle is in proper specs

Yep. That was a while ago. But thanks for lookin' out. That's one of the recall incidents that happened to me this year. The second was when I had to take my Mazda 3 in for a recall order, since the wiping mechanism was apparently faulty, so it was at risk of stopping up, so I'd have been screwed during heavy rain if that was the case. None of that ever happened to me, but it's always better safe than sorry. :mrgreen:

My own observations.

And just looking at women vs men, its logical to conclude that most gun banners will be women.

I have seen little to recommend your 'personal observations' in your posts. So I dont accept that as actually addressing an argument.

I have seen little to recommend your 'personal observations' in your posts. So I dont accept that as actually addressing an argument.

Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Alyssa Milano, Kesha, Barbara Streisand, just some examples of people of the feminine gender who are against guns and gun rights.

Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Alyssa Milano, Kesha, Barbara Streisand, just some examples of people of the feminine gender who are against guns and gun rights.

And the list of men's names is just as long. Be serious. Do you know how to source your opinions or not?

All the people planning crimes or currently living 'the criminal lifestyle' will turn in their guns.

Dontcha know?

Of course...

Just like murderers obey gun free zones

No, but those who in the future will commit a mass shooting but haven't thought about it might ?

So yes, really.

BWAAAAHHHHH..... Wow...

Back
Top Bottom